Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 481)

Showing posts 9,601 - 9,620 of11,175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for you, eh?
The thousands of divisions in your death cult are all wrong.
Apart from your particular sect.
Since leaving Christianity, I can now see the confusion as what it is. In reality all the 34000 protestant sects are heretics. They all contradict each other and disbelieve basic doctrines.

For example it says in John 6:53 "Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you." This is repeated several times. Yet, speaking as an ex protestant, I can vouch none of them believe this or take it seriously. Their rational side at least acknowledges this to be nonsense, so discard it.

Of ocurse the most rational line is to say that cannibalism and vampirism whether symbolic or literal is ridiculous. And such superstitious medieval nonsense should play no part of the 21st century.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV prefers the abracadbra method. You can find it in his superstitions of how every single species of flora and fauna was simply magicked into existence.
I dont know how KJV can account for the fossil record. Maybe Yahweh put those fossils in the ground to deliberate mislead us :)

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope what I have is the item that was requested. So I posted it.
Oh
D O Y O U K N O W W H A T
M A T H I S?
Because math blows evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life generation right out of the water.
Mathematically none of those could have happened.
Yes, I am very familiar with what math is. So please explain to me how those are 'blown out of the water' by math. In particular, if you are computing probabilities, please give detailed reasons for thinking events are independent if you multiply the probabilities. Otherwise, you are simply doing the math incorrectly.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Endogenous retroviruses provide yet another example of molecular sequence evidence for universal common descent"
Yup there names are Noah and His Wife. You can go further back if you wish to Adam and Eve.
An expert of Satan's clan I don't need. Thank you not.
You should take your god filters off before reading science. You made an assumption before even reading the post, and it's showing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start with the facts of evolution;
1).
Which part of evolution? Here's the evolution of humans: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...

What other parts do you want? Hint: There's a LOT you missed.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
You should take your god filters off before reading science. You made an assumption before even reading the post, and it's showing.
Hi KK.

The last few hours have been very entertaining on the Prove god thread....all because of the pronoun "it".

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Carl Sagan described science as “self correcting”.
No, Mr. Sagan, it doesn't quite work that way, lol.
Get real!!!
So many failures in science are not discovered for a very lonnnngggg time; others perhaps never.
Sloppy techniques, fraudulent research......
It would take months of additional research from other scientists to confirm the first groups' results.
Scientists don't want to do the research; they assume the original experiments are “foregone conclusions” and basically just do not invest the time to replicate the experiments.
More details are found in the included link.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/opinion/sun...
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
An article written by someone who's not a scientist which attempts to make assumptions and assertions of a scientist's life. How dishonest.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Since leaving Christianity, I can now see the confusion as what it is. In reality all the 34000 protestant sects are heretics. They all contradict each other and disbelieve basic doctrines.
For example it says in John 6:53 "Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you." This is repeated several times. Yet, speaking as an ex protestant, I can vouch none of them believe this or take it seriously. Their rational side at least acknowledges this to be nonsense, so discard it.
Of ocurse the most rational line is to say that cannibalism and vampirism whether symbolic or literal is ridiculous. And such superstitious medieval nonsense should play no part of the 21st century.
You did well to see through all that ju-ju and superstition.

It belongs in the minds of the ignorant and gullible and most definitely has no place in the 21st century.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to do your bidding. I'm here to point out all the crap science is currently trying to get by with and has pulled in the past!
Lots and lots to show you all.
Here's some successes:

http://www.scripps.edu/about/achievements.htm...

Here are just the first 3:

Addiction, providing evidence that the drug gabapentin affects certain components of the alcohol addiction cycle in the brain, supporting the idea that the medication, which is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treating seizures and pain, also holds potential for the treatment of alcohol dependence.(Roberto, Koob, Siggins labs, 2008; clinical trial results, Mason lab, 2012)
HIV/AIDS, elucidating the structure of a number of human antibodies that neutralize many different strains of the virus—work that may one day contribute to an HIV vaccine.(Wilson, Burton labs (with Ollmann Saphire), 2001 – 2011).
Multiple sclerosis, developing the first of a new class of highly selective comopunds that effectively suppresses the severity of multiple sclerosis in animal models.(Burris lab, 2011).
“Swine flu,” solving the structure of a key protein from the virus that caused the recent H1N1 influenza epidemic. The structure reveals that the virus shares many features with influenza viruses common in the early 20th century, helping to explain why, in general, older individuals have been less severely affected by the recent outbreak than younger ones.(Wilson lab, 2010)

Note the .edu in the link.

That means it's from an educational institute.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know how KJV can account for the fossil record. Maybe Yahweh put those fossils in the ground to deliberate mislead us :)
Lol

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what KJV, Dim, et al think.

They probably pat each other on the back in mutual admiration; knowing that they possess such discerning minds so as not to be fooled by the fossil trail or the numerous other pieces of evidence that Jehovah has used to trick men of reason into accepting.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am very familiar with what math is. So please explain to me how those are 'blown out of the water' by math. In particular, if you are computing probabilities, please give detailed reasons for thinking events are independent if you multiply the probabilities. Otherwise, you are simply doing the math incorrectly.
Uh-oh

Is that the sound of KJV sneaking out of here?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to pay attention, read with comprehension. Move your lips if you need to ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
The post you linked to proves nothing about God, but it definitely proves that you need assistance in Bible study and reading the Bible with comprehension.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

In 2006, Anil Potti, Joseph Nevins and their cohorts in fraudulent science at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, falsely reported in the New England Journal of Medicine that they could forecast the progression of lung cancer using expression arrays, and determine which chemotherapy would work best for lung, breast or ovarian cancer.

However, serious flaws in their work were later discovered by the MD Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston, led by Keith Baggerly and Kevin Coombes.

It isn't known how many patients may have suffered as a result of Potti and Nevins' bogus work.

http://www.economist.com/node/21528593

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
An article written by someone who's not a scientist which attempts to make assumptions and assertions of a scientist's life. How dishonest.
Right - you're not a scientist, so you are dishonest and unqualified to comment on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Atheism had a surge of public interest from 2004 - 2007, but the interest wasn't sustainable. No significant amount of new adherents to atheism was gained in the United States.

In 2008, USA Today reported the failure of the atheistic publicity campaign.

Additionally, public interest in evolutionism is now declining and global atheism is shrinking in adherents.

http://questionevolution.blogspot.com/2012/07...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I was somewhat less miserable or inattentive in Biology class (though not by much) where the "Theory" of Evolution was aptly demonstrated in a Petri dish. It's a "theory" in name only, unlike your religion which exists solely within the minds of it's practitioners.
I'm just cast'n my pearls, you can take 'em or leave 'em.
I haven't seen any pearls or gems of wisdom you've dropped yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't earn the right to criticize science until you're proven the god you're lying to us about.
The last thing I need on earth is any "right" you may bestow.

LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Rogeberg writes about the prevalence of errors, fraud and cheating in science, and barriers faced in fighting the problems, often with high personal costs to whistle blowers, and the negative attitude towards criticism within scientific communities.

Mr. Rogeberg gives examples of how uncooperative science is at dealing with fraud and cheating.

http://andrewgelman.com/2012/08/scientific-fr...

Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Atheism had a surge of public interest from 2004 - 2007, but the interest wasn't sustainable. No significant amount of new adherents to atheism was gained in the United States.
In 2008, USA Today reported the failure of the atheistic publicity campaign.
Additionally, public interest in evolutionism is now declining and global atheism is shrinking in adherents.
Protestants are no longer a majority in the US.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22150...

Due to the rising number of those with no religion!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that science isn't self-correcting?
So who corrects it then?
Oh, Khatru, how you adore fraudulent science.

I like the good old legal correction when government watchdogs catch corrupt scientists and throw them into the slammer instead of waiting on science to “self correct”- there isn't time to wait 40 years for that. Too many lives have already damaged by fraudulent science.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,601 - 9,620 of11,175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Just wondering 172
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Buck Crick 224,012
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Buck Crick 356
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Buck Crick 21,375
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 5 hr Patrick 1,285
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 5 hr Carchar king 4
•••
•••