Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#10117 Jan 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>There is no truth in faith. You can "know" something with no proof and be completely wrong.

Harold Camping for example.
Yup!

You can believe in God and be wrong
Or you can believe there is no God and be wrong.
KJV

United States

#10118 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>the burden of proof lies upon the lying idiot creationist who invented god to prove that he exists.

In the real world which you and I inhabit, there's no such thing as god.
Because why?

Your BELIEVE there is no God. So you prove your believe.
KJV

United States

#10119 Jan 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Let's start with the "Facts" your Bible Claims;
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
4. God has a message for all people.

That's what your bible claims right?

OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.

There, ONCE AGAIN!! Solid Proof the God described in the Bible does not exist.
Let's start with the facts of evolution;

1).
KJV

United States

#10120 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>you need to prove your god before you criticize science. that's the rules.
I'm not here to do your bidding. I'm here to point out all the crap science is currently trying to get by with and has pulled in the past!

Lots and lots to show you all.
KJV

United States

#10121 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>You sort of rambled, didn't you? Hitting the sauce today?
It's the meds. That what happens to him when he mixes them.
KJV

United States

#10122 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for that post, KJV......

Tell Langoliers hello.....and keep up your good work.
I will. Thanks. I enjoy your post keep right on posting.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#10123 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start with the facts of evolution;
1).
1) Biota on this planet changes over time. This is an indisputable fact. We refer to this change as "biological evolution."

2) Our best current understanding of the mechanics that drive this change is called the "theory of biological evolution". Any explanation that allows us to model the mechanics of this change will be called the "theory of biological evolution".

3) This understanding is ALWAYS up for revision should a better model come along. However, such a better model would have to provide more accurate TESTABLE predictive capability than our current model or else it is worthless and we are better off keeping our current model.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10124 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
" A place of weeping and gnashing of teeth - And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30).
A place of outer darkness - "Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 22:13).
A place of torments - "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom" (Luke 16:23).
A place of Sorrows - "The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).
A place of everlasting destruction - "Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" (II Thessalonians 1:9).
A place where men are tormented with fire and brimstone - "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).
A place where fire is not quenched - "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44).
A bottomless pit - "And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit" (Revelation 9:2).
A place of no rest - "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name" (Revelation 14:11).
It is ultimately a lake of fire - "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).
A place of hopeless of unsatisfied desires - "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame " (Luke 16:24). The rich man wanted water but could not get any."
Makes you wonder about the nervous system of a soul and what makes it heavy that it can fall into a bottomless pit that is also a lake of fire. And weeping without tears and such...

Well... i guess if you think about it as a non-believer its all strange fiction and it sounds ridiculous because it is.... and if you are a christian you can't question it... but if you do it's ok.... you can make up whatever answer you want because its all magic and whatever you come up with was what god put in your heart and it doesn't matter how different your answers are from other christians because they were obviously fooled by SATAN...... BOO!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10125 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to explain what went wrong with you? Get dropped on your head at a young age? I guess that would not be too long ago in your case.
Go back to your comic books.
You're the one who said the Bible is perfect.

You also said that the Bible is amended every time a new document is found.

We can't believe a word you say.

Nottingham, UK

#10126 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing it with me?
Well, that's thoughtful of you, Hill, but I don't have any interest in suppositions and presumptions. That's what the theory of evolution is based on, lol.
I'm sorry you were a miserable person. Sounds like you still are.
But you're crazy about superstition, eh?

Which is all your religion happens to be.

Nottingham, UK

#10127 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go back 6000 years, early then that there wasn't anything. No universe,no time, no space no DNA.
Just plan old nothing.
You can be a cousin with anything you wish. All of my cousins are human just like me. No apes here.
You're the one who said the Bible is perfect.

You also said that the Bible is amended every time a new document is found.

We can't believe a word you say.

Nottingham, UK

#10128 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you wanted to see a fraudulent science website?
I don't use those – sorry.
You don't use genuine science websites either.

Nottingham, UK

#10129 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith:
Synonyms: devotion, piety, RELIGION
Thanks for confirming your religion
Here are some more synonyms for you:

superstition, mumbo jumbo, ju-ju, magic, religion.

Nottingham, UK

#10130 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
How could YOU lessen your non-existent integrity?
Oh, yes, and tell us again about your “respect”, lol
And how is your hymn writing going lately?
“The worms burrow in and out of the eye sockets”.......
You're getting desperate, Dim.

Nottingham, UK

#10131 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that post, KJV......
Tell Langoliers hello.....and keep up your good work.
Langoliers?

Who's that?

Oh yeah, he's the guy who in one post says that Noah and his family were the only survivors of the flood.

Then in another post he says that thousands of people survived the flood.

How very similar to KJV who also contradicts himself.

Nottingham, UK

#10132 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Carl Sagan described science as “self correcting”.
No, Mr. Sagan, it doesn't quite work that way, lol.
You say that science isn't self-correcting?

So who corrects it then?

Nottingham, UK

#10133 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup!
You can believe in God and be wrong
Or you can believe there is no God and be wrong.
Except for you, eh?

The thousands of divisions in your death cult are all wrong.

Apart from your particular sect.

Nottingham, UK

#10134 Jan 4, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Biota on this planet changes over time. This is an indisputable fact. We refer to this change as "biological evolution."
2) Our best current understanding of the mechanics that drive this change is called the "theory of biological evolution". Any explanation that allows us to model the mechanics of this change will be called the "theory of biological evolution".
3) This understanding is ALWAYS up for revision should a better model come along. However, such a better model would have to provide more accurate TESTABLE predictive capability than our current model or else it is worthless and we are better off keeping our current model.
Great answer!

Of course, KJV prefers the abracadbra method. You can find it in his superstitions of how every single species of flora and fauna was simply magicked into existence.

Nottingham, UK

#10135 Jan 4, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder about the nervous system of a soul and what makes it heavy that it can fall into a bottomless pit that is also a lake of fire. And weeping without tears and such...
Well... i guess if you think about it as a non-believer its all strange fiction and it sounds ridiculous because it is.... and if you are a christian you can't question it... but if you do it's ok.... you can make up whatever answer you want because its all magic and whatever you come up with was what god put in your heart and it doesn't matter how different your answers are from other christians because they were obviously fooled by SATAN...... BOO!
Nicely put.

Dim and KJV clearly need their heads examining.

Thankfully, they may well find that they're covered under Obamacare.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10136 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Why isn't science “self correcting”?
Wouldn't it be ideal if science corrected their own errors?
Why do they fail to do so?
It's distrubing as to why science is always excused, while other professionals are helf accountable for their errors.
http://pps.sagepub.com/content/7/6/645.full
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
You don't earn the right to criticize science until you're proven the god you're lying to us about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Dave Nelson 230,945
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr MUQ1 23,041
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 6 hr Hooogle It 77
Evidence for God! 11 hr Uncle Sam 43
Heaven 11 hr susanblange 42
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 20 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
Our world came from nothing? Thu _Bad Company 1,103

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE