Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 480)

Showing posts 9,581 - 9,600 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are powerless to diminish God in any way, feel free to continue diminishing yourself with improper grammar and spelling. We're accustomed to it by now.
I can't diminish something that doesn't actually exist.

It's the same as trying to lessen your integrity.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Is this the first time you've seen the Goal post?
Oh, there you are.

Are you going to tell us why you admit that the Bible isn't perfect?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Endogenous retroviruses provide yet another example of molecular sequence evidence for universal common descent"
Yup there names are Noah and His Wife. You can go further back if you wish to Adam and Eve.
An expert of Satan's clan I don't need. Thank you not.
"Universal Common Descent" as in all life on Earth came from the same microscopic parents if you go back far enough in time. Monkeys and Apes are our cousins.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what a world wide flood will do for you.
Floods alter genetic structure?

You really are an idjit, aren't you?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is ignorance, and you're already in it.
Wrong again.

" A place of weeping and gnashing of teeth - And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30).

A place of outer darkness - "Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 22:13).

A place of torments - "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom" (Luke 16:23).

A place of Sorrows - "The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).

A place of everlasting destruction - "Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" (II Thessalonians 1:9).

A place where men are tormented with fire and brimstone - "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).

A place where fire is not quenched - "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44).

A bottomless pit - "And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit" (Revelation 9:2).

A place of no rest - "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name" (Revelation 14:11).

It is ultimately a lake of fire - "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).

A place of hopeless of unsatisfied desires - "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame " (Luke 16:24). The rich man wanted water but could not get any."
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing wrong in using a Christian website. You're a Christian. Atheists don't dictate resources to us, lol. What good are atheist websites? They are good for spreading hate, lies, and supporting fraudulent science – that's about it!
Absolutely! I just thought I would let them know ahead of time that I am quite aware of where my data comes from but still you'll be sure to see a rash of crap about it being a Christian web site. Like that some how voids it.

In other words I put a wet blanket on their main response.

Thanks Derek
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Wise men have pointed out to me that TRUST is the "faith" analog in Science. Scientists trust their instruments, trust their co-workers and trust the Scientific Method to weed out error. Very occasionally, the trust is misplaced, to the apparent delight of you godbots. Of course, the analogy breaks down as scientists have very good reason to trust these things, whereas godbots have no basis for their "faith".

No matter what people say, knowledge and faith are mortal enemies and can not really exist in the same Universe together. When you "know" something, faith is unnecessary. You can only have "faith" in something that does not exist, proof or knowledge of that thing is impossible. That's why anti-knowledge or misinformation, such as your Creationism and anti-evolution, anti-science poses are brandished about ... you got nothing else.

If your god existed, you could all pray and "wish us into the corn field" but he don't and you can't. Yeah, I watched the Twilight Zone Marathon again ... what'd you do for New Year? Sacrifice a goat or something?
Faith:
Synonyms: devotion, piety, RELIGION

Thanks for confirming your religion
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>+1 nicely said
"No matter what people say, knowledge and faith are mortal enemies and can not really exist in the same Universe together"

At first look your statement looks correct

Faith:
(1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

However having proof is not the same as knowledge of something. You may know someone who did something (that's knowledge) but have no proof of it to show others.

Upon closer examination your statement fails.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Little known secret?

Are you kidding?

That's been known for ages, and is what the search for the Grand Unified Theory (GUT) is all about.

Tell you what.

Lets do things your way.

Fuck science.

Lets just throw it out.

It's up to you.

What do you suggest?

Pray?
No need to go batty on me. I was presenting what the previous poster asked for.

Take a chill pill.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"No matter what people say, knowledge and faith are mortal enemies and can not really exist in the same Universe together"
At first look your statement looks correct
Faith:
(1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof.
However having proof is not the same as knowledge of something. You may know someone who did something (that's knowledge) but have no proof of it to show others.
Upon closer examination your statement fails.
There is no truth in faith. You can "know" something with no proof and be completely wrong.

Harold Camping for example.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say I am an atheist? I said I can prove the Bible God does not exist.
Oh WOW major statement there!!!!!

Please unveil you break through.
Show us the "PROOF" that the God of the Bible does not exist.

You know this is really proof that you're an idiot.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Yah so? You've described the "Grand unification problem". There are many theories, all of them better supported by the evidence than th "Gawd doneit!!" conjecture. You've still got nothing.
Nope what I have is the item that was requested. So I posted it.
Oh

D O Y O U K N O W W H A T
M A T H I S?

Because math blows evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life generation right out of the water.

Mathematically none of those could have happened.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
the burden of proof lies upon the lying idiot creationist who invented god to prove that he exists.

In the real world which you and I inhabit, there's no such thing as god.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start with the "Facts" your Bible Claims;
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
4. God has a message for all people.

That's what your bible claims right?

OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.

There, ONCE AGAIN!! Solid Proof the God described in the Bible does not exist.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh
M A T H I S?
Because math blows evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life generation right out of the water.
you need to prove your god before you criticize science. that's the rules.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh
M A T H I S?
This is where you claim to be an expert in probability and statistics .... right?

Guys like you always get one major concept wrong ....

What are the odds a Jupiter sized world could come crashing through our solar system disrupting the planets and killing us all?

I can tell you it is infinitesimally small, but not zero probability... it hasn't happened in 4,500,000,000 years.

What are the odds a Mars sized planet could crash directly into the earth splintering it in to two pieces?

The probability of this happening is 1 ... certainty!!!.... It has already happened!!

So what are the "odds" of the Big Bang, Evolution and life taking hold on this formerly sterile planet?

Certainty!! It has already happened!! Deal with it!!!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>There was a typo there, if scientists wanted to be fraudulent, they wouldn't publicly announce the frauds they discover.

If a bank robber didn't want to rob a bank, would they turn in others that do? Human nature says yes.
Ah ok. I hate that when that happens.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>"...If a bank robber didn't want to rob a bank..."

Wait!! What?!?
Give it up. You'll never catch up.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single scientific fraud that you posted was exposed by the scientific method and disgraced by the scientific community. No one else has exposed the fraud. So your own evidence, your own links, your own sources, all of them, simply prove you wrong.
Your post is blatantly false to the point of being hilarious.

Much of fraudulent science is discovered when bad things happen to people from bad medications, and attorneys get involved with litigation. The trials that follow bring out the truth.

Our government issues grants to scientists, and loses a significant amount of money when scientists abuse the system.

Our government spends an average of $525,000 per case investigating fraudulent science. I have already posted many links backing up these statements, yet you continue to defend science fraud.

You have let the forum down and been a big disappointment to all of us, since you have failed to support your own statements with anything credible. You simply make unsupported blanket “cop-out”, off the wall remarks with no backing.

You are not a worthy contributor to the forum.

I will be posting some more links today describing how the “self correcting” of science has failed us.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I some religious nut approached you and said "I am the son of God, believe in me and you will have eternal life. Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you will have no life in you." What would be your reaction?
Thank you for confirming what I previously posted - that you know nothing about Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,581 - 9,600 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••