Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10095 Jan 3, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise men have pointed out to me that TRUST is the "faith" analog in Science. Scientists trust their instruments, trust their co-workers and trust the Scientific Method to weed out error. Very occasionally, the trust is misplaced, to the apparent delight of you godbots. Of course, the analogy breaks down as scientists have very good reason to trust these things, whereas godbots have no basis for their "faith".
No matter what people say, knowledge and faith are mortal enemies and can not really exist in the same Universe together. When you "know" something, faith is unnecessary. You can only have "faith" in something that does not exist, proof or knowledge of that thing is impossible. That's why anti-knowledge or misinformation, such as your Creationism and anti-evolution, anti-science poses are brandished about ... you got nothing else.
If your god existed, you could all pray and "wish us into the corn field" but he don't and you can't. Yeah, I watched the Twilight Zone Marathon again ... what'd you do for New Year? Sacrifice a goat or something?
You sort of rambled, didn't you? Hitting the sauce today?
KJV

United States

#10096 Jan 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>"Universal Common Descent" as in all life on Earth came from the same microscopic parents if you go back far enough in time. Monkeys and Apes are our cousins.
I can only go back 6000 years, early then that there wasn't anything. No universe,no time, no space no DNA.
Just plan old nothing.

You can be a cousin with anything you wish. All of my cousins are human just like me. No apes here.

Location hidden

#10097 Jan 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I can prove the Bible God does not exist.
Why didn't you? What are you waiting for?

Location hidden

#10098 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You get your science from a religious website?
Oh, you wanted to see a fraudulent science website?

I don't use those – sorry.

Location hidden

#10099 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't diminish something that doesn't actually exist.
It's the same as trying to lessen your integrity.
How could YOU lessen your non-existent integrity?

Oh, yes, and tell us again about your “respect”, lol

And how is your hymn writing going lately?

“The worms burrow in and out of the eye sockets”.......

Location hidden

#10100 Jan 3, 2013
The included link is a report from December 20, 2012, on the myth that science is “self correcting”.

Data falsified, questionable research, etc.

Tilburg University published their report,“Flawed Science”(lol).

Science evan managed to find “significant” significant evidence for the laughable hypothesis that listening to a Beatles music could make you years younger. LMAO

What did scientists do about the report? Were they concerned? No....they fought back.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/201...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

#10101 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Or this one:
"BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"
These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.
Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.
As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down."
Thank you for that post, KJV......

Tell Langoliers hello.....and keep up your good work.

Location hidden

#10102 Jan 3, 2013
The included link is about bad science that stinks.

http://www.science20.com/gerhard_adam/blog/ol...

Smells, doesn't it?

LMAO

Location hidden

#10103 Jan 3, 2013
Why isn't science “self correcting”?

Wouldn't it be ideal if science corrected their own errors?

Why do they fail to do so?

It's distrubing as to why science is always excused, while other professionals are helf accountable for their errors.

http://pps.sagepub.com/content/7/6/645.full

Location hidden

#10104 Jan 3, 2013
Carl Sagan described science as “self correcting”.

No, Mr. Sagan, it doesn't quite work that way, lol.

Get real!!!

So many failures in science are not discovered for a very lonnnngggg time; others perhaps never.

Sloppy techniques, fraudulent research......

It would take months of additional research from other scientists to confirm the first groups' results.

Scientists don't want to do the research; they assume the original experiments are “foregone conclusions” and basically just do not invest the time to replicate the experiments.

More details are found in the included link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/opinion/sun...

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10105 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you? What are you waiting for?
Try to pay attention, read with comprehension. Move your lips if you need to ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

#10106 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go back 6000 years, early then that there wasn't anything. No universe,no time, no space no DNA.
Just plan old nothing.
You can be a cousin with anything you wish. All of my cousins are human just like me. No apes here.
Whudda maroon!!!

#10107 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Why isn't science “self correcting”?
Wouldn't it be ideal if science corrected their own errors?
Why do they fail to do so?
It's distrubing as to why science is always excused, while other professionals are helf accountable for their errors.
http://pps.sagepub.com/content/7/6/645.full
So then, we can count on you to use the computers and internet that religion produced?? Any time now, M'kay?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#10108 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>No need to go batty on me. I was presenting what the previous poster asked for.

Take a chill pill.
So no answer, eh?

You keep on bitching like a little girl, but you've got nothing better.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10109 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharing it with me?
Well, that's thoughtful of you, Hill, but I don't have any interest in suppositions and presumptions. That's what the theory of evolution is based on, lol.
I'm sorry you were a miserable person. Sounds like you still are.
Now, I was somewhat less miserable or inattentive in Biology class (though not by much) where the "Theory" of Evolution was aptly demonstrated in a Petri dish. It's a "theory" in name only, unlike your religion which exists solely within the minds of it's practitioners.

I'm just cast'n my pearls, you can take 'em or leave 'em.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#10111 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Nope what I have is the item that was requested. So I posted it.
Oh

D O Y O U K N O W W H A T
M A T H I S?

Because math blows evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life generation right out of the water.

Mathematically none of those could have happened.
Then we're not here.

Texas, USA

#10112 Jan 3, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sort of rambled, didn't you? Hitting the sauce today?
I had a beer preparatory to enjoying "The Hobbit" but long after that post. You strike me as someone who might do well to drink more and talk less.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#10113 Jan 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Let's start with the "Facts" your Bible Claims;
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
4. God has a message for all people.

That's what your bible claims right?

OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.

There, ONCE AGAIN!! Solid Proof the God described in the Bible does not exist.
Solid, but you forget how dense a skull it has to penetrate.

#10114 Jan 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Solid, but you forget how dense a skull it has to penetrate.
I'll be satisfied if I achieve some modicum of annoyance. I call it "just revenge".

Texas, USA

#10116 Jan 3, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Just plan old nothing.
You know ... denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 4 min TheHeadlines 4,093
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min waaasssuuup 227,515
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 17 min woodtick57 87
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Thinking 73
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr Patrick 56
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 5 hr Thinking 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr TheHeadlines 930
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr fadu singh 22,212
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••