Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,501 - 9,520 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What good are atheist websites? They are good for spreading hate, lies, and supporting fraudulent science
Christian website spread hate, lies and fraudulent science. Fundies hate others not belonging to their sect, including other christians who hold only minor differences in theology. They spread lies and half truths about other faiths, and belief systems. Sites like answers in genesis preach distorted and laughable fraudulent creation science. I go there for a laugh sometimes cause it is so absurd and ridiculous.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Monkeys are cousins to the apes.
But as we know, you just descended from a common rodent. Read about those too. And learn more about fraudulent evolution. Your support of the ignorance of your cohorts exhibits your own ignorance more than you have already done for us. Take a break because I think you're tired.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is there is no proof for evolution
"Evolutionary belief is a remarkable and largely unexplained phenomenon. It is a belief held by most intellectuals all over the world, despite the fact that there is no real scientific evidence for it at all. Evolutionists allege that evolution is a proved scientific fact, based on a multitude of scientific proofs, but they are unable to document even one of these supposed proofs! "
http://www.icr.org/article/260/
Oh no what have i done I quoted a Christian web site.
I don't really care, it's the view point I have and billions of others also have.
Mind boggling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church gave us the scientific method, they figured out a perfect method for exposing fraudulent miracles and eventually how to apply it in many areas, resulting in the coined term "scientific method."
Unlike you, we give credit where due, they gave everyone a great tool, they get credit for that. They also accept that it's a very accurate tool, which you provided a lot of evidence to help demonstrate how well the method works, thanks for showing that it works well. It's not surprising that they accept what the method produces. So your dishonest attempt at painting with a broad brush fails, as usual.
Although your statements are false, it's still interesting that you're another supporter of the Catholic church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a less sensationalized version of the story that actually uses scientific language and those pesky facts:
http://www.nature.com/news/2009/091021/full/4...
You are the ones using that "missing link" nonsense, that's not even a scientific term. You should also stop posting things that destroy your entire position, just a bit of advice. But thank you for showing me that the scientific community is better at catching frauds than I had originally thought.
It requires a very strong faith to believe in fraudulent science. I commend you for having that kind of unfaltering faith.

You're an unusual Catholic.

Are you a member of a peer-review group?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I didn't realize that the atheist church had Nones! Do they have the flying None? How about none convents?
LOL
LOL.

Kitten might be our forum's flying “none”.

I think she stays kind of “high” on something, judging by her bizarre posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have made *CLAIMS* that they are fraudulent and wrong, but you have NOT shown these claims to be true. In fact, the evidence shows *your* claims are wrong. Since you didn't actually claim to do any research (or any thinking), what you posted isn't fraudulent, only wrong. But any *scientist* that made truth claims (as opposed to simple speculation) like yours with so little actual evidence would be laughed out of the profession.
The government doesn't waste time laughing at fraudulent scientists......they send them to prison.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
As an ex-C I know the bible well, too well. Without Jesus glasses, the OT is a cataloge of horrors, and mythology. The NT starts out well. But strip away the myths, and you a less palatable story.
A brief synopsis. A man rises from the dead and ascends into heaven on a cloud (acts 1). You are saved by eating his flesh and drinking his blood (John 6). That my friend is insane.
You never were a Christian.

You were an unconvincing hypocrite.

Now you're an unconvincing atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

If Charles Darwin found it so hard to convince his counterparts of his fraudulent theory in his own day and time, why are so many saps living today convinced that his theory is “gospel”?

And why did Darwin leave out part of his findings? To make the part he left in more believable?

Darwin thought life kept evolving. When are humans going to evolve into something higher?

Or is it now time for humans to devolve?

Isaac Newton's theory proposed that what goes up must come down.

Hmmmm – inconsistency in science.

Perhaps the primitive brain of the atheist holds the gene that may have already started the devolving process.

When seen in that perspective, evolution is almost believable, lol.

http://arthurstace.blogspot.com/2010/02/darwi...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The twin theories, atheism and evolution, are blatant contradictions.

Brady Lenardos explains when he writes on deterministic necessity.

Everything in our galaxy and all galaxies “just happened” to be in position exactly as they are to work together as they do?

Wow!!! BANG BANG BANG – all just “fell into place”...

LMAO

http://www.ucapologetics.com/atheism1.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Did sedimentation always occur at the same rate it does today?

How do we know?

If not, what does that do to dating methods?

What about polystrate fossils?

http://creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

How much faith does atheism require?

Even in science, don't we need a certain degree of faith in their findings?

Or do we just accept all science, knowing that much of it is fraudulent?

Haven't we found errors in science?

Yes – I've posted many of those.

Is damage to the spinal cord reversible?

Yes it is - but science told us no for many years.

http://theseekeroftruth.blogspot.com/2005/07/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I recognise that there will always be fraudsters who are dumb enough to use science ...
Yes; thank you.

You also recognize that science has failed to catch their own crimiinals. At the cost of the taxpayer, the government does what science should be doing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the way correct use of grammar winds you people up.
I'll just carry on referring to the god of the Bible in this way.
Since you are powerless to diminish God in any way, feel free to continue diminishing yourself with improper grammar and spelling. We're accustomed to it by now.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
But as we know, you just descended from a common rodent. Read about those too. And learn more about fraudulent evolution. Your support of the ignorance of your cohorts exhibits your own ignorance more than you have already done for us. Take a break because I think you're tired.
You keep claiming it's fraudulent yet you provide no better alternative .... well you provide no alternative actually. You also provide no evidence that there is fraud involved. If you think it's fraudulent you should have some evidence for your assertion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes; thank you.
You also recognize that science has failed to catch their own crimiinals. At the cost of the taxpayer, the government does what science should be doing.
Every single scientific fraud that you posted was exposed by the scientific method and disgraced by the scientific community. No one else has exposed the fraud. So your own evidence, your own links, your own sources, all of them, simply prove you wrong.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never were a Christian.
You were an unconvincing hypocrite.
Now you're an unconvincing atheist.
I drank from the kool aid and lived to tell the tale.

btw I am am agnostic and skeptic. I still remain open to the possibility of an impersonal deity. But on what evidence?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I some religious nut approached you and said "I am the son of God, believe in me and you will have eternal life. Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you will have no life in you." What would be your reaction?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering where your link is that backs you up. It seems to be missing, lol.
How many Christians do you know personally that discuss their beliefs with you in detail so that you can decide what the “vast majority” of them believe? LOL
The majority of soldiers, policemen, firemen in America are Christians. Nothing will change that fact, so you are going to have to live with it, even though it's painful for you.
Basically, atheists don't have a voice. When they try to get one, they damage their cause because they emit hate and foul smelling gasses, lol.
The American public at large isn't interested in the atheist view – praise God.
I'm sharing a supposition based upon observation and personal experience. Given my weight in the community, I would think this would be far more convincing than a mere "link". I can certainly testify that during my entire period of religious indoctrination, I was miserable and inattentivie. Since I know that I am in no way "special" it should be safe to presume that many millions of my fellow indoctrinatees were likewise miserable and inattentive.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I may change my mind tomorrow... ;)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say it's Thursday too? Wow, that explains why I'm an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••