Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,481 - 9,500 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods gives each and every person the chance to save their soul. So if you wind up in hell you can only blame yourselves.
Can we believe anything you say?

Your propensity towards lying destroys what little crediblity you have.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Darwin's great theory goes from strength-to-strength."
Please list the proof of evolution being something other them the myth it is.
No fossil record.
No proof of one kind giving birth to another kind.
All we have seen in nature is one species after another becoming extinct.
Why are you asking me? Ask a scientist.

You're dumb.

No doubt you'd ask a plumber to rewire your house. I'll stick with an electrician.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is there is no proof for evolution
"Evolutionary belief is a remarkable and largely unexplained phenomenon. It is a belief held by most intellectuals all over the world, despite the fact that there is no real scientific evidence for it at all. Evolutionists allege that evolution is a proved scientific fact, based on a multitude of scientific proofs, but they are unable to document even one of these supposed proofs! "
http://www.icr.org/article/260/
Oh no what have i done I quoted a Christian web site.
I don't really care, it's the view point I have and billions of others also have.
Other than mathematical proofs, there's no proof for anything.

If proof is an issue then you wouldn't accept the theory of gravity.

Your problem is you're not consistent and you flip-flop to suit your beliefs. You don't ask for proof for theories that don't challenge your superstitions but when they do, you need proof.

Get real, wetpants.

Now, why don't you believe the Bible is perfect?

Tell me that.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"The United States of America was founded by Christians as a Christian nation.
No, it was not and is not a theocracy. We do not have an official state church or an official state religion. In fact, the same Constitutional amendment which guarantees our freedom of religious expression also forbids an official state religion or church:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
But our country was undoubtedly founded by Christians. A few of the founders such as Benjamin Franklin and possibly Thomas Jefferson were not Christians, but even they were well grounded in the Bible and generally adhered to the moral and philosophical wisdom of Christianity.
From the colonial charters which almost universally cited the glory of God and the advancement of Christianity as their motivation, to the Declaration of Independence which cites “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God” and our Creator as the source of our rights and appeals “to the Supreme Judge of the world” and declares “a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,” to the U.S. Constitution which acknowledges the Christian worldview and even the Christian day of worship, our nation was founded on Christian principles so clearly that it cannot be rationally denied."
http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/07/20583/
You said the American Revolution was caused by atheists, not christians.

Make your mind up, wetpants.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What god are you talking about here?
Just trying to stay abreast with you on the conversation. You see if it was the God of the bible it would be capitalized
You used a small g so therefore it must be a pagan god by definition.
I love the way correct use of grammar winds you people up.

I'll just carry on referring to the god of the Bible in this way.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't thinks so puppet boy!
Because we post articles that point out how absurd you are does not make us liars.
You also lie when you say the Bible is perfect.

That makes you a liar.

You're going to burn, wetpants.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's not relevant that he believe, but only that his followers do.
Exactly. He would have made a great politician.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I didn't realize that the atheist church had Nones! Do they have the flying None? How about none convents?
LOL
Christianity and superstition are interchangeable:

Definition of superstition
noun
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings:
he dismissed the ghost stories as mere superstition
a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...

Definition of SUPERSTITION

a : a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation
b : an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sup...

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here that is flow-charted.
Scientists use flow-charts

Christians use flaw-charts
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
you have a lot of catching up to do on your Bible studies.
What an embarrassment you are to yourself.
As an ex-C I know the bible well, too well. Without Jesus glasses, the OT is a cataloge of horrors, and mythology. The NT starts out well. But strip away the myths, and you a less palatable story.

A brief synopsis. A man rises from the dead and ascends into heaven on a cloud (acts 1). You are saved by eating his flesh and drinking his blood (John 6). That my friend is insane.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. To funny. Like that will work. LOL
Hell is ignorance, and you're already in it.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Is Richard Dawkins honest?
No he is a narrow minded atheist fundamentalist who accuses religion of tyranny while he ignores atheistic, communisitic regimes who killed millions.
Not true. I was reading from the God Delusion yesterday, and he was making a very balanced case. He states that there are doubts that Hitler was an atheist, and that Stalin certainly was one. He presents and very considered view, explaining both sides of an argument. Nothing like a fundamentalist imo.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is there is no proof for evolution
"Evolutionary belief is a remarkable and largely unexplained phenomenon. It is a belief held by most intellectuals all over the world, despite the fact that there is no real scientific evidence for it at all. Evolutionists allege that evolution is a proved scientific fact, based on a multitude of scientific proofs, but they are unable to document even one of these supposed proofs! "
http://www.icr.org/article/260/
Oh no what have i done I quoted a Christian web site.
I don't really care, it's the view point I have and billions of others also have.
There is nothing wrong in using a Christian website. You're a Christian. Atheists don't dictate resources to us, lol. What good are atheist websites? They are good for spreading hate, lies, and supporting fraudulent science that's about it!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 " accuses religion of tyranny".

You only have to switch on the news to see the continual tyranny around the world caused by religion. The reason islamists commit acts of terror is not cause they are mad or evil. They are very religious. They take their holy book the quran literally and act accordingly. Surely you can see the madness in that religion. Yet Christians are no longer fighting crusades, but still believe in crazy things despite all the vast amounts of evidence to the contrary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, the idea that monkeys are your cousins has you so upset, you've got your fingers jammed in your ears screaming "La! La! La! La! La! La! La! No it ain't so!!" At the top of your lungs.
Gee how intellectual is that? Stupid much?
You got one thing right you're stupid, lol.

If you're going to support evolution, you need to familiarize yourself on what evolution teaches.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of Christian leaders including the pope all say you are a moron. http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/Christi ...
I find it fascinating that you agree with (and support) the pope.

So why are you an atheist?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got one thing right you're stupid, lol.
If you're going to support evolution, you need to familiarize yourself on what evolution teaches.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...
Monkeys are cousins to the apes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church gave us the scientific method, they figured out a perfect method for exposing fraudulent miracles and eventually how to apply it in many areas, resulting in the coined term "scientific method."

Unlike you, we give credit where due, they gave everyone a great tool, they get credit for that. They also accept that it's a very accurate tool, which you provided a lot of evidence to help demonstrate how well the method works, thanks for showing that it works well. It's not surprising that they accept what the method produces. So your dishonest attempt at painting with a broad brush fails, as usual.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

If I say at time of posting it's Thursday and you agree with me, then why are you a theist?
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Thinking wrote:
If I say at time of posting it's Thursday and you agree with me, then why are you a theist?
<quoted text>
You say it's Thursday too? Wow, that explains why I'm an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Patrick 224,391
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 45 min Patrick 388
What does "Atheism" mean? 46 min Patrick 20
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr richardfs 6
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 15 hr Liam R 21
Talking some sense into you people... 18 hr Cujo 27
Our world came from nothing? 20 hr Carchar king 243
•••
•••