Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#9990 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution can be proven 29 different ways;
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/scipr...

And there is a letter signed by tens of thousands of christian clergy admitting that evolution is correct;
http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/Christi...

So not only is Evolution an established fact, the leaders of your religion admit it is true.

So, suck it up Bucky and STFU!!
"Evolution is not a proven fact; it’s a myth

Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:00 am

In regard to a letter to the editor Dec. 22 saying evolution is based on fact, what fact?

I have never heard of a fact that proves evolution is anything more than people’s opinion to explain away God. There is nothing scientific about evolution."

"Evolutionists say evolution is a fact, every bit as much as gravity is a fact. That is remarkable. We see and even feel gravity everyday. Evolution, on the other hand, entails rather dramatic, one-time, events that were supposed to have occurred long ago, when no one was around to witness them. How could we be sure of such a theory? There must be some extremely powerful and compelling scientific evidence for evolution to make it a fact as gravity is a fact. That is what one would think. But, surprisingly, there is no such evidence. When evolutionists try to explain why evolution is a fact, it is a tremendous anticlimax."

Evolution has been a very costly lie.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9991 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
He's never read the bible he just repeats post he's read else where.
No new thoughts.
Interesting assertion, rather convenient that it cannot be proven or disproven making you blameless if you're wrong. Well played there, you are actually learning how to be dishonest without lying.
KJV

United States

#9992 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait.

Hold your breath while you're doing it.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to point out where I said that it was ok that she removed data?
I'll wait.

Quietly I hope.
KJV

United States

#9993 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Put it in context, dingbat, and see what it changes.

Changes nothing.

You're another one of the “nones”

“None”- that's a perfect description of an atheist.

Have nothing, do nothing, are nothing.
Hmmm I didn't realize that the atheist church had Nones! Do they have the flying None? How about none convents?

LOL

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9994 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolution is not a proven fact; it’s a myth
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:00 am
In regard to a letter to the editor Dec. 22 saying evolution is based on fact, what fact?
I have never heard of a fact that proves evolution is anything more than people’s opinion to explain away God. There is nothing scientific about evolution."
"Evolutionists say evolution is a fact, every bit as much as gravity is a fact. That is remarkable. We see and even feel gravity everyday. Evolution, on the other hand, entails rather dramatic, one-time, events that were supposed to have occurred long ago, when no one was around to witness them. How could we be sure of such a theory? There must be some extremely powerful and compelling scientific evidence for evolution to make it a fact as gravity is a fact. That is what one would think. But, surprisingly, there is no such evidence. When evolutionists try to explain why evolution is a fact, it is a tremendous anticlimax."
Evolution has been a very costly lie.
You've obviously read none of the material I provided via link.

Here is an excerpt for you;

Endogenous retroviruses provide yet another example of molecular sequence evidence for universal common descent. Endogenous retroviruses are molecular remnants of a past parasitic viral infection. Occasionally, copies of a retrovirus genome are found in its host's genome, and these retroviral gene copies are called endogenous retroviral sequences. Retroviruses (like the AIDS virus or HTLV1, which causes a form of leukemia) make a DNA copy of their own viral genome and insert it into their host's genome. If this happens to a germ line cell (i.e. the sperm or egg cells) the retroviral DNA will be inherited by descendants of the host. Again, this process is rare and fairly random, so finding retrogenes in identical chromosomal positions of two different species indicates common ancestry.
KJV

United States

#9995 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically, gang bangers are also better at finding fraud than christians. Pretty sad, considering they have no regard for human life either yet can operate even better than christians.
Of course you and everyone here knows this is just another lie by an atheist. Christians are in many line of defense against crime. Like police officers, detectives, Christians have caught much fraudulent science as they (science) keeps trying to attack Christianity.

You're an award winning None for atheist.

#9996 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously read none of the material I provided via link.
Here is an excerpt for you;
Endogenous retroviruses provide yet another example of molecular sequence evidence for universal common descent. Endogenous retroviruses are molecular remnants of a past parasitic viral infection. Occasionally, copies of a retrovirus genome are found in its host's genome, and these retroviral gene copies are called endogenous retroviral sequences. Retroviruses (like the AIDS virus or HTLV1, which causes a form of leukemia) make a DNA copy of their own viral genome and insert it into their host's genome. If this happens to a germ line cell (i.e. the sperm or egg cells) the retroviral DNA will be inherited by descendants of the host. Again, this process is rare and fairly random, so finding retrogenes in identical chromosomal positions of two different species indicates common ancestry.
In humans, endogenous retroviruses occupy about 1% of the genome, in total constituting ~30,000 different retroviruses embedded in each person's genomic DNA (Sverdlov 2000). There are at least seven different known instances of common retrogene insertions between chimps and humans, and this number is sure to grow as both these organism's genomes are sequenced
KJV

United States

#9997 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Thousands of Christian leaders including the pope all say you are a moron. http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/Christi ...
Oh no well like a good little atheist I should just fold up and give in to the lies. WRONG! I do not believe what a large group of people believe just because of numbers (apparently like you) I read and look at the FACTS sense there is no facts on evolution or the Big Bang or the age of the earth or the age of the universe.

Nice try Septic.
KJV

United States

#9998 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yet ... it's always scientists who find the frauds and fallacies, not you. Why haven't you found any before the scientists themselves?

Go on, answer the question, why is it that only scientists are finding the fraudulent and fallacious scientific data?
"Yet ... it's always scientists who find the frauds and fallacies, not you. Why haven't you found any before the scientists themselves?"

This is another lie LOL. You believe science finds all the fraud and crime going on in science?

"Why haven't you found any before the scientists themselves?"

I have! I have posted it many times "none" that evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life are all frauds.

#9999 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no well like a good little atheist I should just fold up and give in to the lies. WRONG! I do not believe what a large group of people believe just because of numbers (apparently like you) I read and look at the FACTS sense there is no facts on evolution or the Big Bang or the age of the earth or the age of the universe.
Nice try Septic.
Then there is no reason to buy into Christianity just because a large number of nimrods like yourself do.

The basis of the scientific method is to first gather the facts, then look at the available conjectures and hypothesis to determine which one fits the data the best. On that basis, I can say you are lying and this is verified by the very nature of the scientific method.

The basis of religion is to first gather the conclusions then discard all facts that do not support the conclusions. This is what you are doing and it never leads to the truth.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10000 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you and everyone here knows this is just another lie by an atheist. Christians are in many line of defense against crime. Like police officers, detectives, Christians have caught much fraudulent science as they (science) keeps trying to attack Christianity.
You're an award winning None for atheist.
Why did you move the goal posts?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10001 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yet ... it's always scientists who find the frauds and fallacies, not you. Why haven't you found any before the scientists themselves?"
This is another lie LOL. You believe science finds all the fraud and crime going on in science?
I have! I have posted it many times "none" that evolution and the Big Bang and spontaneous life are all frauds.
So, you have actually found fraud that exists which the scientific community did not first point out? Present it.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10002 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have made *CLAIMS* that they are fraudulent and wrong, but you have NOT shown these claims to be true. In fact, the evidence shows *your* claims are wrong. Since you didn't actually claim to do any research (or any thinking), what you posted isn't fraudulent, only wrong. But any *scientist* that made truth claims (as opposed to simple speculation) like yours with so little actual evidence would be laughed out of the profession.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10003 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"7) Rape of female captives (Deut 21. 10-14): This was cited earlier in order to show that there wasn't rape, see the process at the end of #1. The process showed that they must be married in order to have sexual relations. None of this was forced, including the marriage. There's not rape, once again EB inserts a very disturbing misinterpretation.
8) Rape and the Spoils of War (Judges 5. 30): Again there is rape inserted by EB's author. None actually in the verse. A girl for each man means as a slave, not a sex slave. Furthermore, this was actually a lyrical poem sang by Deborah, not meant to be interpreted literally like has been by EB.
9) Sex Slaves (Exodus 21. 7-11): I have already dealt with this in my slavery post: www.debunkedevil.blogspot.com/2009/10/slavery... . A quick refresher, this never says sex anywhere, nor implies it. These were laws handling the treatment of female slaves, nothing more. It even states that a man may marry her to one of his sons. This must occur for any sex; otherwise it would be fornication, which the Bible is patently against. Women were sold into slavery by their families or willingly went in order to pay off debts that they owed, which was more like indentured slavery, a term that didn't exist at the time. Apparently EB sees "woman" and "slave" and immediately thinks "sex slave".
10) God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 12:1-2): Again EB takes a verse out of context, and those who use biblegateway.com or another such site in reference to this (Good idea, by the way), pull up just one more verse after this. It reads: "Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against these nations". Another translation of verse one "Behold, the day of the Lord cometh." This verse has Israel being defeated for turning away from God, and then God will come to redeem them. The rape described here is the disgusting acts of other nations, and God punishes them for it when he redeems Israel. Hardly condoning rape.
Conclusion: Thus ends Evilbible.com 's unfounded rant about the Bible condoning rape. It should be known by now that it clearly doesn't, in fact just the opposite. There is a clear difference between it being in the Bible, and the Bible condoning it. Also, massive assumptions aren't acceptable as evidence. It doesn't explicitly say rape in 90% of these verses, that part is inserted. It helps to understand the slavery side of this as well, so check it out. My link was posted in above. Thanks!"
You still ignored me completely.... my post was about morals with a brief answer to your previous comment ignoring what i was saying.... and to top it off... your lengthy post never references the verse i posted.

I badly want to debate the rape thing but that would only mean you successfully changed the subject......

I was talking.. about... morals...

I was pointing out some common ground....

Get off the defensive and process the information you read.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10004 Jan 2, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You still ignored me completely.... my post was about morals with a brief answer to your previous comment ignoring what i was saying.... and to top it off... your lengthy post never references the verse i posted.
I badly want to debate the rape thing but that would only mean you successfully changed the subject......
I was talking.. about... morals...
I was pointing out some common ground....
Get off the defensive and process the information you read.
Error correction. You did include the verse i mentioned. I Apologize. Just poor apologetics.

You probably have no idea what i said anymore since you ignored it... so lets try something different.

Where do you get your morals?
Where do atheist get theirs?
Why are both atheists and christians not crazy murderous lunatics setting everything on fire and killing everything in sight?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10005 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>No. I don't think that he believed it either. Much like L.Ron Hubbard didn't believe the trash that he put out.
I see that you haven't developed a sense of humor yet.
It's not relevant that he believe, but only that his followers do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#10006 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
The basis of the scientific method is to first gather the facts, then look at the available conjectures and hypothesis to determine which one fits the data the best. On that basis, I can say you are lying and this is verified by the very nature of the scientific method.

The basis of religion is to first gather the conclusions then discard all facts that do not support the conclusions. This is what you are doing and it never leads to the truth.
Here that is flow-charted.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#10007 Jan 2, 2013
2nd try, with the link this time:
Ooogah Boogah wrote:

Here that is flow-charted:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YPojM4XO3dE/UE3_UXE...

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10008 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Khatru, I posted a reply to you without putting your email on top first. Perhaps it's because your a "none", lol.
Here ya go:
"So you do recognize science has failed us since I found and posted many of the failures.
Thank you for that admission.
Maybe you're making some slow progress."
I recognise that there will always be fraudsters who are dumb enough to use science, where they will eventually be exposed by the scientific community, peer groups and scepticism.

The clever ones use religion where they have millions of gullible and ignorant minds to control and where they get unquestioning obedience. This of course, means they're rarely exposed.

Science succeeds religion fails.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10009 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That logic works well with the Gang Bangers killing each other off.
"See how effective Gangs are as they weed out the fraudulent behavior of others"
Dolt!
We all know your cult glorifies in blood, sacrifice, pain, suffering and death; so I can understand your ease at bringing up killing.

However, this is science we're talking about, wetpants.

You know, the source of real and tangible truths about our reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min KiMare 229,907
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 1,007
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr I can read 22,981
Islam for peace, or violence? 10 hr Thinking 26
Man center of the universe. 13 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE