Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,381 - 9,400 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Read about poor Metatrix.

Metatrix is an unhappy, isolated atheist.

Metatrix is a “reluctant” atheist – which is understandable.

Probably a regretful atheist as well; a death fearing atheist too.

Metatrix isn't doing very well.

Can you help poor Metatrix?

http://boards.askmen.com/showthread.php...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Freedom of religion is guaranteed by the Constitution, so why is there so much Christian discrimination in America?

Prayer removed from schools, people “moving away” from God, as the godless try to dictate their beliefs, and so on.....

Christians need to take a stronger stand, run for political office; quash the voices of the godless minorities who have no right to dictate their beliefs.

http://absolutetruthtoday.blogspot.com/2010/0...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The included link reports on a Christian couple in Great Britain who can't be foster parents because they would teach morals to their children.

Atheists and homosexuals are against morals, and try to dictate to Christians what Christians can teach their children.

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/2011/03/ch...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

derek4 wrote:
The included link reports on a Christian couple in Great Britain who can't be foster parents because they would teach morals to their children.
Atheists and homosexuals are against morals, and try to dictate to Christians what Christians can teach their children.
You're not going to spam your way to a single conversion in this forum as long as I am here, you creationist liar wi no proof of god.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you, science and peer groups have failed us.
But there is still hope for science since the government and lawmakers are watching the peer review groups.
Unfortunately, that's the only assurance we have that science will have to kneel to authority and fall into line.
Accountability.
Please learn the facts and get educated so you can contribute to the forum.
Failure would be when fraudulent behaviour is not found out. The very fact that you are able to find examples of bad science attests to the success of science as a whole.

Come back when your religious scrolls make precise statements about untested phenomena/objects in the natural world.

Hint: Bats are not birds and Pi is not three.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you would choose everlasting pain for yourself, and then complain about it. Whining is childish.
I think his comments on hell, are just to highlight the absurdity and childishness of this silly belief. No sane rational person believes in hell.

At least in the old testament there is no afterlife. Yahweh may be a psychotic deliquent, but at least when you die you are off the hook.

But the "loving" Jesus wants to torture the majority of mankind for eternity. That absurd notion is not love in my book.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Christians have realized that the atheists destroyed the property in dictating their godless beliefs, just as all readers can instantly see when reviewing the news story.
It's interesting that you would choose everlasting pain for yourself, and then complain about it. Whining is childish.
Who said I'm going to Hell?

Not me.

I'm not going to Hell - I refuse to go.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
The American public at large isn't interested in the atheist view – praise God.
Au contraire. In the last religion surveys in both the US and UK the number of "Nones" is growing rapidly. When you take atheists, agnostics and others outside of religion, the nones are the fastest growing group.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
Freedom of religion is guaranteed by the Constitution, so why is there so much Christian discrimination in America?
Prayer removed from schools, people “moving away” from God, as the godless try to dictate their beliefs, and so on.....
Christians need to take a stronger stand, run for political office; quash the voices of the godless minorities who have no right to dictate their beliefs.
http://absolutetruthtoday.blogspot.com/2010/0...
You pal (KJV) knows the answer to this.

Seeing as he's not around just now, I'll answer it for him.

It's because the founding fathers of the USA were atheists.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Christians haven't done too well lately and they've been on the wrong end of a spate of court judgements.

These days we live in a multi-cultural society. It's far from being perfect and sometimes it works/sometimes it doesn't.

Relying on religious belief simply cannot be used as a way to justify discrimination and immunise yourself from the reach of secular courts. It's as simple as that.

Deal with it.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because the founding fathers of the USA were atheists.
Or a mixture of religious skeptics and deists. Which for the time, was the most enlightened position to take.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

derek4 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you cult says you can't lie your way to salvation.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

So says the religitard who repeatedly bleats to the moderator...
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whining is childish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Thinking wrote:
So says the religitard who repeatedly bleats to the moderator...
<quoted text>
Creationism is definitely a mental illness. How else could anyone be convinced to ignore evidence and facts or apply some thinking to the most preposterous of claims?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Maybe it's wishful thinking.
I don't like cauliflower but I don't deny its existence.
Same goes for Evolution. It's too dispassionate for me to like it, but I accept it is true.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is definitely a mental illness. How else could anyone be convinced to ignore evidence and facts or apply some thinking to the most preposterous of claims?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's okay with you that Judy “removed data”(stole data) from her employer? In your eyes she is honest? That's the kind of reputable science you like? You have confidence in dishonest scientists? That's the kind of morality and law breaking attitude that is prevalent among atheists and corrupt scientists, which is the very problem I've been bringing to the attention of the forum. I often enjoy seeing your posts since they prove my points so well. Thank you.
Care to point out where I said that it was ok that she removed data?

I'll wait.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do they not get it, but they promote BAD science.
For example, Kitten thinks law breaking scientists should go free. She tells us so in her post 9867 when she writes,“You only care about that law because it opposes scientific research. If it was say, a person who bombed an abortion clinic in the name of your religion, you wouldn't care, would you?”
So if some crackpot bombs an abortion clinic, that means fraudulent scientists should be ignored, excused, forgiven.
Hahahaha - that's atheist logic for you - LMAO.
Context, you took it out of context for your own agenda, how dishonest ...

... though even out of context it makes you look worse. You just provided solid evidence you have zero standards, conscience, and empathy. No one was killed for those stem cells, lots of people were murdered for your god, come to terms.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Religion has found fraud in the science community.
"Seems you are betting on a real loser"
Wrong again! See I peeked at the ending and I know who wins.
Citations and links please, Mr Liar.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with Leviticus 14?
Did God tell you that some thing was inaccurate with that scripture?
Or are you so out of touch with the religion and the Bible of Christianity that you don't know what this scripture means?
Read it, Dumbazz!!
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/opinion/...christians.... +1'd this publicly. Undo
by Dean Obeidallah - in 1,084 Google+ circles - More by Dean Obeidallah

Jun 21, 2012 – If they were the only Christians spewing hate, they could simply be ignored. But they are not. Alarmingly, some well-known Christian leaders

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 min Buck Crick 852
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 224,657
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 3 hr John 70,965
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Buck Crick 261
Talking some sense into you people... 4 hr Buck Crick 29
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Magyar 101 21,407
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr CunningLinguist 30
•••
•••