Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9888 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>They can't get that it's bad science that we would like to stop. As far as good science no problem. Just stop selling out the truth to keep your dreams alive.
Evolution has billions stuck into it trying to keep it a float. That ship is sinking and the sooner science jumps ship and abandons evolution the better off we all would be.
You can't stop bad science unless you know good science, which you obviously don't.

You don't stop anything.

Science takes care of itself.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9889 Jan 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>In whose window?
His own.

I'm wondering who tried to arrest him and what the charge was.

I also wonder how many people have been arrested for their Jesus-in-a-bathtub displays.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9890 Jan 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the alternative, everlasting jubilation and praise. Just as bad!
What a nightmare!

An eternity spend doing little more than pandering to an enormous ego with constant praises and hosannas.

Perhaps Dim and KJV will get bored doing this and hatch a plot to rebel against their deity.

Nottingham, UK

#9891 Jan 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I wish these fundies would read the evidence for evolution. Such as Richard Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth". But they are too afraid too.
You're right, they're terrified.

Terrified of the facts that support evolution and even more terrified of their invisible sky pixie, whose book tells believers that they must fear their god.

Nottingham, UK

#9892 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"However, subsequent attempts to replicate the findings by other researchers failed to establish any link with chronic fatigue syndrome."
Science wins again.
You just don't get how this game is played, do you.
Lol

That's about the size of it.

Every anti-science post that Dim makes is actually a testament to the proven reliability of science.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9893 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote a lot to say so little.
Science gave me my home, lol? No, I bought my home.
There were many fields of labor and talent other than science that went into the making of my home, as well as most of the rest you mentioned.
And I thank God for making it all possible.
Also, my health is fine – with zero credit due science. I take no medications from science. When and if I ever do, I hope they won't be produced by FRAUDULENT scientists. Sadly, there are many cases in litigation due to bad medications.
God provides the very air you breathe. Try going without it for 5 minutes and see how well you do, lol.
Wow. You really don't seem to have a clue. Were you raised in some kind of 'compound' or something? Has anybody ever explained to you 'why' you are healthy? Would there be any point? Do you REALLY think everything in your life comes from 'magic'? Surely you have SOME doubts.

Texas, USA

#9894 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You will make many mistakes in the new year, just as you did in the old year. How you phrase your sentences is the least of them. You have serious issues, but you won't learn.
What?!?!? Secular Humanism is all about learning (and unlearning).

Texas, USA

#9895 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you have it backwards. There are far more Christian policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors defending your right to be godless than the pitiful sum of atheist policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors (if there are ANY in my community) defending my right to anything. You obviously failed to put any thought into your meaningless point, as usual.
I'm pretty sure the VAST MAJORITY of Christians, whatever their profession, are Pascal Wagerers whose religious convictions do not go beyond checking a box on some form or another. We do have that to be grateful for.

Texas, USA

#9896 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't get that it's bad science that we would like to stop. As far as good science no problem. Just stop selling out the truth to keep your dreams alive.
Evolution has billions stuck into it trying to keep it a float. That ship is sinking and the sooner science jumps ship and abandons evolution the better off we all would be.
You are clearly marching to someone's drum. There's no way you can claim the ability to differentiate good science from bad and then suggest we all abandon evolution. Evolution is clear, it's commonsensical, it's easily demonstrated and religion is the ONLY reason it took so long for us to figure it out. Y'all mute, hamper and slow down all progress. Y'all are the puppets of Priests and Politicians whose agenda is keeping themselves in power at OUR great expense. Wake up!! Snap out of it!!! Use your ability to type for good, not to serve the evil Puppet Masters!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9897 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out where God says go rape and murder.
"Like if you lied that you weren't hiding any Jews during the Holocaust... That is a violation of the big 10."
You do not know the book you're attacking. The Bible in whole is used for the Christian faith. Picking out one line or another is not how the Christian faith works. The over all meaning of the Bible honors someone risking their life to save another.( as in this case a totally innocent person who would be killed if revealed simply because of their faith )
Judges 21:10-24

But it doesn't matter. I was pointing out that christians are moral with or without the bible. You missed my point completely and went on the defensive.

I was pointing out that atheists aren't out being criminals like christians seem to think they should be without god. Humanists are out fighting for equal human rights. Our morals do not come from the bible but they do come from the same place. You can call it god if you want... Of course, however, I would disagree.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9898 Jan 2, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Our morals do not come from the bible but they do come from the same place.
I think its human evolution. Like many non human animals, we naturally look after family, and help others in reciprocal relationships - I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9899 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see anything about atheists.
Well that's refreshing.

The less we see about atheists, the better off we are, lol.

Location hidden

#9900 Jan 2, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't get that it's bad science that we would like to stop. As far as good science no problem. Just stop selling out the truth to keep your dreams alive.
Not only do they not get it, but they promote BAD science.

For example, Kitten thinks law breaking scientists should go free. She tells us so in her post 9867 when she writes,“You only care about that law because it opposes scientific research. If it was say, a person who bombed an abortion clinic in the name of your religion, you wouldn't care, would you?”

So if some crackpot bombs an abortion clinic, that means fraudulent scientists should be ignored, excused, forgiven.

Hahahaha - that's atheist logic for you - LMAO.

Location hidden

#9901 Jan 2, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You just posted another testament to the strength and reliability of science. See how effective science is as they weed out the fraudulent behaviour of others?
Like you, science and peer groups have failed us.

But there is still hope for science since the government and lawmakers are watching the peer review groups.

Unfortunately, that's the only assurance we have that science will have to kneel to authority and fall into line.
Accountability.

Please learn the facts and get educated so you can contribute to the forum.

Location hidden

#9902 Jan 2, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Correction:
Perhaps they realised that "love" is not consigning billions of people to everlasting pain.
I'm sure the Christians have realized that the atheists destroyed the property in dictating their godless beliefs, just as all readers can instantly see when reviewing the news story.

It's interesting that you would choose everlasting pain for yourself, and then complain about it. Whining is childish.

Location hidden

#9903 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"However, subsequent attempts to replicate the findings by other researchers failed to establish any link with chronic fatigue syndrome."
Science wins again.
You just don't get how this game is played, do you.
So it's okay with you that Judy “removed data”(stole data) from her employer? In your eyes she is honest? That's the kind of reputable science you like? You have confidence in dishonest scientists? That's the kind of morality and law breaking attitude that is prevalent among atheists and corrupt scientists, which is the very problem I've been bringing to the attention of the forum. I often enjoy seeing your posts since they prove my points so well. Thank you.

Location hidden

#9904 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stop bad science unless you know good science, which you obviously don't.
You don't stop anything.
Science takes care of itself.
Again, you made a good point: You can't stop bad science. But even though it's growing at an alarming rate, our government watchdogs keep fighting it every day. We all need to be aware of the catastrophic harm of fraudulent science.

Location hidden

#9905 Jan 2, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the VAST MAJORITY of Christians, whatever their profession, are Pascal Wagerers whose religious convictions do not go beyond checking a box on some form or another. We do have that to be grateful for.
I was wondering where your link is that backs you up. It seems to be missing, lol.

How many Christians do you know personally that discuss their beliefs with you in detail so that you can decide what the “vast majority” of them believe? LOL

The majority of soldiers, policemen, firemen in America are Christians. Nothing will change that fact, so you are going to have to live with it, even though it's painful for you.

Basically, atheists don't have a voice. When they try to get one, they damage their cause because they emit hate and foul smelling gasses, lol.

The American public at large isn't interested in the atheist view – praise God.

Location hidden

#9906 Jan 2, 2013
I was wondering where your link is that backs you up. It seems to be missing, lol.

How many Christians do you know personally that discuss their beliefs with you in detail so that you can decide what the “vast majority” of them believe? LOL

The majority of soldiers, policemen, firemen in America are Christians. Nothing will change that fact, so you are going to have to live with it, even though it's painful for you.

Basically, atheists don't have a voice. When they try to get one, they damage their cause because they emit hate and foul smelling gasses, lol.

The American public at large isn't interested in the atheist view – praise God.

Location hidden

#9907 Jan 2, 2013
Rabbi David Wolpe writes about angry little atheists in this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-david-wol...

Angry atheists don't even find solace from scientists, as explained by the Rabbi in #2.

Pity – atheists just like living angry little lives, lol.

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Dave Nelson 231,018
Man center of the universe. 1 hr Uncle Sam 160
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 23,046
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr _Bad Company 1,110
Heaven 10 hr Reason Personified 44
Evidence for God! 12 hr Uncle Sam 51
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE