Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9868 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Those who object to God caused the removal of ceramic tiles at Columbine school. The objection was to painted messages on the tiles which said “God is love”. The school removed the tiles because they were found objectionable, and freedom of speech was therefore infringed upon by those who would dictate their beliefs against God.
http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp...
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
You should read your links dude.

It's trying to peddle a book.
KJV

United States

#9869 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>I believe we have today uncovered a new depth to the sad delusion and mental illness that is creationism.

Get help folks, see your local doctor.
Get a pumper truck for septic.
KJV

United States

#9870 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote a lot to say so little.

Science gave me my home, lol? No, I bought my home.

There were many fields of labor and talent other than science that went into the making of my home, as well as most of the rest you mentioned.

And I thank God for making it all possible.

Also, my health is fine – with zero credit due science. I take no medications from science. When and if I ever do, I hope they won't be produced by FRAUDULENT scientists. Sadly, there are many cases in litigation due to bad medications.

God provides the very air you breathe. Try going without it for 5 minutes and see how well you do, lol.
They can't get that it's bad science that we would like to stop. As far as good science no problem. Just stop selling out the truth to keep your dreams alive.
Evolution has billions stuck into it trying to keep it a float. That ship is sinking and the sooner science jumps ship and abandons evolution the better off we all would be.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9871 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Let's look at some more of the blatant lies atheists tell.
For one thing, they falsely declare that religion is evil.
Charles Manson, Jim Jones.

Earth,TX

#9872 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
It was in the news where a Christian group defended an 89 year old atheist's right to display a sign in his window which claimed religion was a “fairy tale”.
Would atheists defend Christians if Christians displayed signs saying science was based on fraud and fairy tales?
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-g...
In whose window?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#9873 Jan 1, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Charles Manson, Jim Jones.
Jim Jones, yes. There is no need to be bashin' on Manson.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9874 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Judy Mikovits was locked up and refused bail. She's allegedly responsible for falsely trying to show that a virus could be the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. Judy was running from the law because she removed data from the files of her former employer, Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Diseases in Reno, Nevada.
Judy isn't considered very “reputable”, lol.......to say the least.
But then, she may be a typical scientist, who knows?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fug...
You just posted another testament to the strength and reliability of science. See how effective science is as they weed out the fraudulent behaviour of others?

Nottingham, UK

#9875 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Those who object to God caused the removal of ceramic tiles at Columbine school. The objection was to painted messages on the tiles which said “God is love”. The school removed the tiles because they were found objectionable, and freedom of speech was therefore infringed upon by those who would dictate their beliefs against God.
Perhaps they realised that "love" is not consigning billions of people to everlasting.

Or perhaps it was because they decided that "love" is not manipulating to arrange for the death of your son.

Nottingham, UK

#9876 Jan 1, 2013
Correction:

Perhaps they realised that "love" is not consigning billions of people to everlasting pain.

Nottingham, UK

#9877 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You only care about that law because it opposes scientific research. If it was say, a person who bombed an abortion clinic in the name of your religion, you wouldn't care, would you?
Well look at that:
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/pl...
So trying to help scientific advancement is bad for you, even when no one is harmed in the process, but bombing, and killing, for your religion is meh. Nice double standards there ... or is it a complete lack of standards?
We all know what Dim's religion thinks about scientific research.

Just look at the way Christians dealt with Galileo and his findings.

They're trying (and failing) to do it again with Darwin, but here we are over 160 years on and Darwin's great theory goes from strength-to-strength.

Nottingham, UK

#9878 Jan 1, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't get that it's bad science that we would like to stop. As far as good science no problem. Just stop selling out the truth to keep your dreams alive.
Evolution has billions stuck into it trying to keep it a float. That ship is sinking and the sooner science jumps ship and abandons evolution the better off we all would be.
Unfortunately for you, the chances of thousands (possibly millions) of pieces of evidence being abandoned in favour of superstitious mumbo jumbo are non-existent.

Earth,TX

#9879 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Jim Jones, yes. There is no need to be bashin' on Manson.
So you are a believer in Manson's religious nonsense?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#9880 Jan 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So you are a believer in Manson's religious nonsense?
No. I don't think that he believed it either. Much like L.Ron Hubbard didn't believe the trash that he put out.
I see that you haven't developed a sense of humor yet.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9881 Jan 2, 2013
Khatru wrote:
Correction:
Perhaps they realised that "love" is not consigning billions of people to everlasting pain.
Or the alternative, everlasting jubilation and praise. Just as bad!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9882 Jan 2, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
but here we are over 160 years on and Darwin's great theory goes from strength-to-strength.
Agreed. I wish these fundies would read the evidence for evolution. Such as Richard Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth". But they are too afraid too.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9883 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>No. I don't think that he believed it either. Much like L.Ron Hubbard didn't believe the trash that he put out.
I see that you haven't developed a sense of humor yet.
You've got the haughty arrogance part down, now its time to work on your intelligence.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#9884 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got the haughty arrogance part down, now its time to work on your intelligence.
I have the haughty arrogance down? lol.
I see your sense of humor is starting to develope.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9885 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Per the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, religious discrimination has doubled in the American workplace in only 13 years.

Isn't religious freedom protected by the Constitution?

It's SUPPOSED to be, but apparently not lately ...

Maybe atheists who dictate their own beliefs have something to do with that.

So why are atheists accusing Christians of dictating beliefs?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/religious-d...

I didn't see anything about atheists.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9886 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:

Public school?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9887 Jan 2, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Judy Mikovits was locked up and refused bail. She's allegedly responsible for falsely trying to show that a virus could be the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. Judy was running from the law because she removed data from the files of her former employer, Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Diseases in Reno, Nevada.

Judy isn't considered very “reputable”, lol.......to say the least.

But then, she may be a typical scientist, who knows?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fug...

"However, subsequent attempts to replicate the findings by other researchers failed to establish any link with chronic fatigue syndrome."

Science wins again.

You just don't get how this game is played, do you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Aura Mytha 231,834
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 21 min Gillette 876
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 38 min Morse 16
Siro is writing a new book 6 hr thetruth 5
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr P_Smith 1
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 9 hr P_Smith 1
Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and "New Atheists" aren'... 12 hr P_Smith 1

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE