Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9848 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no websites, but Richard Dawkins does. I looked at it, and and I see what you mean about stupid; lol.
So ... you haven't actually seen his site. Good to know.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9849 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
re-posting a famous quote:
“Belief in evolution makes atheists of people. One can have a religious view that is compatible with evolution only if that religious view is indistinguishable from atheism."
William Provine, Professor at Cornell University
Thank you Mr. Provine for expressing your thoughts, and we agree with them.
Yeah.

Belief in Evolution = Understanding Natural World

Understanding Natural World = Grasping Reality

Grasping Reality = Atheism

I can see that.

You really demonstrate the depth of human gullibility when you embrace the fruits of a scientific/technological civilization, handed to you on a silver platter by the scarred and calloused hand of Science and then reject and mock some of her most basic, well established tenets. It makes you appear as children, scampering and tittering through life, never really growing up. I mean, what's up with that? You've got to respect the Amish, who see the hypocrisy in modern religion and try to reject the "evils" of technology.

Let's see ... science has given you your home, your health, your clothes, your transportation, your comforts, your food, your security ... if science were a god, particularly one as petty as the one you worship, you'd be bob'n for turds in a cesspool in the deepest recesses of hell right now.

Lucky for all of us, Science is not a God that created us to be worshiped, but rather a tool we created to observe and understand the world we live in. It works really well.

Reminds me of a couple old sayings ...

"You can lead a Godbot to Reason, but you can't make them drink!"

or

"If you took a stroll through the Waters of Knowledge in most Godbots minds, you'd scarcely get your feet wet".

Texas, USA

#9850 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
It was in the news where a Christian group defended an 89 year old atheist's right to display a sign in his window which claimed religion was a “fairy tale”.
Would atheists defend Christians if Christians displayed signs saying science was based on fraud and fairy tales?
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-g...
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
LOL

We do it everyday!! Every moment of our lives is spent "tolerating" you weirdos. Atheist policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors all dedicate themselves to defending your rights to be ignorant.

You drag a Godbot out into the cleansing light of Reason and they go up in a foul puff of smoke, like a vampire caught in the sun. It's sad really.

LET US HELP YOU!!!

Texas, USA

#9851 Jan 1, 2013
Sorry. That should have been:

"You can lead a Godbot to Reason, but you can't make them THINK"!!!

Dang. First mistake of the New Year.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9852 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
It was in the news where a Christian group defended an 89 year old atheist's right to display a sign in his window which claimed religion was a “fairy tale”.
Would atheists defend Christians if Christians displayed signs saying science was based on fraud and fairy tales?
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-g...
Displayed in their own windows?

I , personally, would have no problem whatsoever with it.

And I would argue against anybody, atheist or otherwise, who did.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9853 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, atheism and this forum don't bring the deeper happiness you're trying to find.
I get deeper happiness in other ways, yes. If *your* happiness is obtained by spamming this forum, you are incredibly shallow.
But I'm glad you're learning – at least you're making a start.
I was happy to teach you. Thanks.
Happy New Year!
Hippy Gnu's Ear!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9854 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no websites, but Richard Dawkins does. I looked at it, and and I see what you mean about stupid; lol.
You're just another hapless creationist spammer with no proof of god, trying and failing to attack atheists and scientists.

The same scientists that let you type on the internet and spread your ridiculous creationist propoganda.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9855 Jan 1, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Such wit. I certainly can't expect to keep up with that.
Does it pain you so much that science is far from perfect?
And the Bible is perfect?
I believe we have today uncovered a new depth to the sad delusion and mental illness that is creationism.

Get help folks, see your local doctor.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Fennario

#9856 Jan 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that date is in Earth-Condenses-out-of-Gaseous -Nebula-Before-Christ format.
Oops! You're right.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9857 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologetics. "It didn't mean that, it was just interpreted wrong."
Try to come up with something that's actually a logical reason for the error ... oh wait, it would still be an error, duh.
Keep your day job, Kitten. You fail as a Bible scholar, and you offered us zero, just like every other time.

How embarrassing for you.

LMAO

Location hidden

#9858 Jan 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Belief in Evolution = Understanding Natural World
Understanding Natural World = Grasping Reality
Grasping Reality = Atheism
I can see that.
You really demonstrate the depth of human gullibility when you embrace the fruits of a scientific/technological civilization, handed to you on a silver platter by the scarred and calloused hand of Science and then reject and mock some of her most basic, well established tenets. It makes you appear as children, scampering and tittering through life, never really growing up. I mean, what's up with that? You've got to respect the Amish, who see the hypocrisy in modern religion and try to reject the "evils" of technology.
Let's see ... science has given you your home, your health, your clothes, your transportation, your comforts, your food, your security ... if science were a god, particularly one as petty as the one you worship, you'd be bob'n for turds in a cesspool in the deepest recesses of hell right now.
Lucky for all of us, Science is not a God that created us to be worshiped, but rather a tool we created to observe and understand the world we live in. It works really well.
Reminds me of a couple old sayings ...
"You can lead a Godbot to Reason, but you can't make them drink!"
or
"If you took a stroll through the Waters of Knowledge in most Godbots minds, you'd scarcely get your feet wet".
You wrote a lot to say so little.

Science gave me my home, lol? No, I bought my home.

There were many fields of labor and talent other than science that went into the making of my home, as well as most of the rest you mentioned.

And I thank God for making it all possible.

Also, my health is fine – with zero credit due science. I take no medications from science. When and if I ever do, I hope they won't be produced by FRAUDULENT scientists. Sadly, there are many cases in litigation due to bad medications.

God provides the very air you breathe. Try going without it for 5 minutes and see how well you do, lol.

Location hidden

#9859 Jan 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
Sorry. That should have been:
"You can lead a Godbot to Reason, but you can't make them THINK"!!!
Dang. First mistake of the New Year.
You will make many mistakes in the new year, just as you did in the old year. How you phrase your sentences is the least of them. You have serious issues, but you won't learn.

Location hidden

#9860 Jan 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
We do it everyday!! Every moment of our lives is spent "tolerating" you weirdos. Atheist policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors all dedicate themselves to defending your rights to be ignorant.
You drag a Godbot out into the cleansing light of Reason and they go up in a foul puff of smoke, like a vampire caught in the sun. It's sad really.
LET US HELP YOU!!!
I'm afraid you have it backwards. There are far more Christian policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors defending your right to be godless than the pitiful sum of atheist policemen, firemen, soldiers and sailors (if there are ANY in my community) defending my right to anything. You obviously failed to put any thought into your meaningless point, as usual.

Location hidden

#9861 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just another hapless creationist spammer with no proof of god, trying and failing to attack atheists and scientists.
The same scientists that let you type on the internet and spread your ridiculous creationist propoganda.
You're just another failed atheist, like the rest. Nothing special about you.

When will you prove evolution?

You have failed to do so, just as science has failed to do so.

I don't attack atheists and scientists. I tell the truth about them. And it shows because it makes you mad, lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9862 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your day job, Kitten. You fail as a Bible scholar, and you offered us zero, just like every other time.
How embarrassing for you.
LMAO
You still have nothing but excuses.

I am disappoint, son.

Location hidden

#9863 Jan 1, 2013
Per the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, religious discrimination has doubled in the American workplace in only 13 years.

Isn't religious freedom protected by the Constitution?

It's SUPPOSED to be, but apparently not lately ...

Maybe atheists who dictate their own beliefs have something to do with that.

So why are atheists accusing Christians of dictating beliefs?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/religious-d...

Location hidden

#9864 Jan 1, 2013
Vincent Dammai, assistant professor at the Medical University of South Carolina was charged with unauthorized distribution of stem cells for unapproved treatments. Three other people were also arrested in the case.

Science offers many opportunities to break the law – all in the name of “research”, lol.

Professor Dammai's story is carried at this link:

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/sciencecareers/20...

Location hidden

#9865 Jan 1, 2013
Those who object to God caused the removal of ceramic tiles at Columbine school. The objection was to painted messages on the tiles which said “God is love”. The school removed the tiles because they were found objectionable, and freedom of speech was therefore infringed upon by those who would dictate their beliefs against God.

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp...

Location hidden

#9866 Jan 1, 2013
Judy Mikovits was locked up and refused bail. She's allegedly responsible for falsely trying to show that a virus could be the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. Judy was running from the law because she removed data from the files of her former employer, Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Diseases in Reno, Nevada.

Judy isn't considered very “reputable”, lol.......to say the least.

But then, she may be a typical scientist, who knows?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fug...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9867 Jan 1, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Vincent Dammai, assistant professor at the Medical University of South Carolina was charged with unauthorized distribution of stem cells for unapproved treatments. Three other people were also arrested in the case.
Science offers many opportunities to break the law – all in the name of “research”, lol.
Professor Dammai's story is carried at this link:
http://blogs.sciencemag.org/sciencecareers/20...
You only care about that law because it opposes scientific research. If it was say, a person who bombed an abortion clinic in the name of your religion, you wouldn't care, would you?
Well look at that:
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/pl...
So trying to help scientific advancement is bad for you, even when no one is harmed in the process, but bombing, and killing, for your religion is meh. Nice double standards there ... or is it a complete lack of standards?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Aura Mytha 233,042
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr Morse 7
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Morse 2,595
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 1 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web