Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 462)

Showing posts 9,221 - 9,240 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Put up a link or STFU.

Moron.
Hey moron there are at least 4 post with links. Do you own home work. Like I'm here to be your little house mouse.

Read or STFU
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Granted.^_^ That is kind of funny.
What's funny his ignorance or his lies?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

What a fine ambassador for love and tolerance KJV actually is!
Stay away from matches.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
KittenKoder: said
"No, "moral" behavior is not conducive to survival because morality is a social construct and is often used to justify murder, rape, torture, and a slew of other actions which weaken our species."
I'm not following you here. Morality is used to justify murder? Not the lack of morality?
"ethical and equal treatment are,"(part of survival)
As your great leader once said "by means of natural selection"
How can equal treatment be a means of survival of the species and work with "natural selection" ( survival of the fittest ). Equal treatment does not allow for the strongest to survive to pass along the best genes. All genes are passed along if everyone was treated equal, weakening the species.
Morals are subjective, they are not any specific set of rules and laws. You have yours fed to you, which means they are not your morals, and therefore they can be made to say anything.

Yes, morals are what people use to justify any action, even murder, rape, etc. You cannot lack something that is subjective, you merely have a different version of it.

You moral on killing: Murder is wrong unless commanded by some god. The god typically speaks through the preachers, therefore what the preachers say is god's word, therefore when they say to kill it's a command from god.

My moral on killing: Murder is wrong, end of story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny [my] ignorance or his lies?
You misspelled "my" in that post. So I corrected it for you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it?
What? only atheist can use computers and AKA software?
"produce any result you want" as "proof" of anything"
What is wrong with you? This is no computer simulation that can be adjust to get predetermined results.
So how many socks does this make for you septic?
Only those who do not spread lies about scientific research can use a computer without being a hypocrite.

It's not rocket science.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one sick puppy.
So now you're claiming that we can't use a computer and software to prove things in the bible are indeed accurate.
You don't get to make the rules in here.
I'll continue to use science as I feel like it. And I will stand against bad science. Bad science is what you will try and protect with every cell in your body.
Saying that when idiots like you use computers is hypocrisy is "sick" to you? Explains why preachers, straight parents, and a slew of religious people get away with molestations so much.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>To which it has already been pointed out that Ruse is a troll.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ruse
"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a disaster lol.
He also says that The God Delusion.(book) made him ashamed to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ruse
"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a disaster lol.
He also says that The God Delusion.(book) made him ashamed to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."
so now you're a broken record ... wait, you have always been one.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Religion has found fraud in the science community.
"Seems you are betting on a real loser"
Wrong again! See I peeked at the ending and I know who wins.
It's just funny that you obsess on the motes in science's eye while ignoring the BEAMS hanging out of religion's eye (with banners, flags and flashing lights). LOL
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Created by what or whom? And who or what created that creator?
I'll give you one guess.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Strawman.
Strawman? Me?

You think Cannibalism is ok if the majority of the tribe says it's ok.
"Do you believe that enjoyment, love and fun is all there is to life? If so, why should a child molester be denied his enjoyment and fun even if it is at the expense of others? If morals are in fact subjective, who are you to tell him that he is wrong given the subjective standard he has adopted?
Do you believe that man evolved? If so, is it not true that man also evolved a mechanism to kill his enemies, to spread his sexual seed via rape (which happens in the animal kingdom), to abide by natural selection? If so, is rape truly wrong seeing that it is just insuring the propagation of the human race AND BY WHAT STANDARD IS IT WRONG? Was Hitler truly wrong by killing 6 million Jews that he deemed to be slowing down the progression of the evolution of the human race? After all, these are tools of natural selection, are they not? Also, spontaneous generation has been disproven, so how do you account for non-life begetting life?
If man did in fact evolve, and there is nothing outside of the material universe, then there cannot be free will and free choice, can there? Meaning, if the material universe is all there is, then there is no such thing as an immaterial object; hence there can be no such thing as a law of thought, logic and morality. The result of this is that you do not have free will; you do not think freely; the reasons that you are stating this very thing is because your brain chemicals are forcing you to say such a thing. Why should I trust your brain chemicals over my brain chemicals? Why do you believe what you are stating if you cannot help what you are stating because it is simply an electro-chemical reaction? This once again leads us to ask the question; is truly wrong for a child molester to prey upon his victims? If so, what standard are you appealing to? My standard is the Bible, the very words of God Himself. My standard is a priori (apart form self) and objective. What is yours?"

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Strawman? Me?
You think Cannibalism is ok if the majority of the tribe says it's ok.
"Do you believe that enjoyment, love and fun is all there is to life? If so, why should a child molester be denied his enjoyment and fun even if it is at the expense of others? If morals are in fact subjective, who are you to tell him that he is wrong given the subjective standard he has adopted?
Do you believe that man evolved? If so, is it not true that man also evolved a mechanism to kill his enemies, to spread his sexual seed via rape (which happens in the animal kingdom), to abide by natural selection? If so, is rape truly wrong seeing that it is just insuring the propagation of the human race AND BY WHAT STANDARD IS IT WRONG? Was Hitler truly wrong by killing 6 million Jews that he deemed to be slowing down the progression of the evolution of the human race? After all, these are tools of natural selection, are they not? Also, spontaneous generation has been disproven, so how do you account for non-life begetting life?
If man did in fact evolve, and there is nothing outside of the material universe, then there cannot be free will and free choice, can there? Meaning, if the material universe is all there is, then there is no such thing as an immaterial object; hence there can be no such thing as a law of thought, logic and morality. The result of this is that you do not have free will; you do not think freely; the reasons that you are stating this very thing is because your brain chemicals are forcing you to say such a thing. Why should I trust your brain chemicals over my brain chemicals? Why do you believe what you are stating if you cannot help what you are stating because it is simply an electro-chemical reaction? This once again leads us to ask the question; is truly wrong for a child molester to prey upon his victims? If so, what standard are you appealing to? My standard is the Bible, the very words of God Himself. My standard is a priori (apart form self) and objective. What is yours?"
Do you ever read the drivel you write??

Your entire post is based on the idea that only christians can be moral.

The reality is that the so called god you follow is an immoral mass murdering SOB.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I claim he didn't exist?
I MUST be losing it, because I don't remember EVER claiming that he didn't exist.
No, you lost it long ago, and your observation that you hadn't heard of Dr. Das was irrelevant, like your other posts. There are many things you haven't heard of, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
HEE SAAAAIIIIDDD, "TRYYYY POOOOSSSSTTTIIIINNNNGGG SOOOOMMMMEEETTTTHHHHIIIINNNGGG NNNOOOOONNNN BBBBIIIIAAAASSSSSEEEDDD.
There.
That was loud AND slow.
Maybe that will work.
<snork>
Yes, you're slow......

THE BIBLE WON'T FIT INTO ONE POST.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more that I deal with the superstitions that affect those close to me. Like I said, I am quite happy to point out the flaws and immorality of Islam, just like I am happy to point out the flaws and immorality of Christianity.
If that's all it takes to make you happy, your happiness is shallow, like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage is this of the *total* number of articles published?
I found a figure of 1,350,000 science articles published in 2006. Your figure of 20,000 fraudulent articles puts the fraud rate at about 1.5%. If you add to that the fact that the fraud is *detected* and *corrected* by the scientific community, you find that the overall credibility is quite high.
<quoted text>
Who said it was irrefutable? In addition to the fraud, there are a LOT of honest mistakes made in the search for knowledge. We go down blind alleys and stumble a lot in our quest.
But the point is that we recover and correct our errors. Over time the mistakes are found and corrected; the fraud is detected, corrected, and the perpetrator punished.
This is a record *far* better than any other source of information you can find. But, as I pointed out before, on the cutting edge of research it is good to be cautious simply because science *is* a human endeavor and humans make mistakes.
You know, I have an idea – you might want to explain your thoughts to the publishers of the web page, but please remember that I don't need to hear your minimization of fraud.

Thank goodness the government and judicial systems consider it serious.

It would be interesting if we only knew how many lives have been lost from medications science produced hat should never have been marketed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

In the Colorado Springs Gazette, there is a story of what the police had to do to stop one atheist extremist when he went on a rampage trying to dictate his godless belief.

http://www.discovery.org/a/15271

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post. The link provides the details.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

5 years ago, Pekka-Eric Auvinen, anti-human atheist and “social-Darwinist”, tried to dictate his ungodly beliefs in school. The included link tells how extreme he was in dictating those beliefs.

Fortunately, atheist Pekka is “no longer with us”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jokela_school_sh...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Fraud and deceit in science often occur when an experimenter shapes the data he has recorded to match the result he wants to achieve, thereby distorting the truth.

Sometimes the entire scientific community of researchers on the projects gets corrupted and deluded.

Examples of this are scientific hoaxes such as the Piltdown man and the Beringer case. They are excellent examples of how gullible scientists can be.

I've included a link which explains in more detail and gives examples.

http://www.clarku.edu/~piltdown/map_expose/be...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,221 - 9,240 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min Aura Mytha 222,979
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 16 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 17 hr Mikko 1,274
•••
•••