Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 460)

Showing posts 9,181 - 9,200 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible won't fit into one post.
It could if you knew what you were doing.
http://www.blueletterbible.org

But you don't, so I'll help. The link provided is very searchable, so be careful what you claim it says.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Have you ever noticed how atheists focus in on Christians, and try to dictate their beliefs to Christians?
Funny how atheists don't seem too concerned about other religions.
That's because they recognize Christianity as the one true religion.
Thank you, atheists, for your failure to dictate your beliefs to Christians, and for confirming to us that you recognize the one true God of the Bible.
That's because it makes the stupid claim of being the "one True Religion".

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - They were all my own words except the link which explains that Dr. Dipak Das allegedly falsified scientific data more than 100 times.
It's interesting that you don't find that disturbing. Why would you support something you know to be false? Don't you want the truth to be known?
How can we know what science we can believe when there are so many like Dr. Das who are publishing false information, and there are people like you who support his work?
The scientific method has demonstrated the capability of weeding out crackpots and liars very well, if it didn't, you'd have nothing to post. Dipak is disturbing, he lied and placed people's health at risk just for profit, then when called out on it he used that publicity to create a pyramid scheme as well. But the scientific community outed him, not a religion. Religion does the opposite, it hides, even to the point of evading the law, people who commit atrocities all the time. Religion offers psychopaths refuge, and an excuse as well as alibi to murder. Notice how you don't post anything about the Evangelist and their "faith healing" which has never healed anyone, or how you avoid John Edwards and his "ESP" junk. Your agenda isn't to learn, nor do you care about reality, your agenda is to discredit something that has probably discovered, and outed, a scam you were trying to pull. So out of pure spite you target the same method that outed you by only demonstrating that method is self correcting. You are a miserable failure of a human being, like all snake oil salesmen.

Who was it? Did James Randi demonstrate you were a fraudulent "psychic?" Or did you have your paper on "dream magic" rejected by the scientific community because it was nothing more than conjecture? Perhaps your attempts to "discover" psychic phenomenon by subjecting humans to potent hallucinogenics was was rejected and thus getting you banned from anything resembling a test subject in the US?

You cannot blame the people who discovered, and then rejected, your insanity just because you failed to pull the wool over their eyes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Atheists attack community landmarks.
Why?
In order to dictate their beliefs.
http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-attacks-communi...
Atheists keep trying, but they keep failing.
The majority rules and will not allow atheists to dictate their beliefs.
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
Hmm .. this could be interesting ... wait ... erm ...

No, it's just a misleading title. So, mocking someone's beliefs is a crime ... but only if it's your beliefs and not anyone, like say, Muslims? Your hypocrisy is showing, for all the world to see. Bet you wish you could delete your own posts now, huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Have you ever noticed how atheists focus in on Christians, and try to dictate their beliefs to Christians?
Thank you, atheists, for your failure to dictate your beliefs to Christians, and for confirming to us that you recognize the one true God of the Bible.
Tell me, what other religious group in the US is trying to stop equality.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
The included link describes “Atheism” as the “No God” religion. Even though atheism isn't ordinarily thought of as a religion, it actually is.
Atheism is a faith of it's own.
Atheists have certain “Tenets of Faith.”
And don't forget “The Atheists' Creed”...
Atheism is an ideology that is bleak and hopeless.
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/153...
More assertions that contradict reality in such an extreme way as to almost be funny. Are you a Poe? You have to be a Poe.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked for something not biased.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there are certain religions that contain mumbo jumbo (I love that description).
That's why I believe in Christianity, which is the truth.
What about the mumbo jumbo we get from fraudulent science?
You're okay with that?
Okay, so the religion you choose to believe isn't mumbo jumbo, but all the others are? How do you explain that hypocrisy?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
No, it is simply that Christianity is the dominant religion where most of us live. I am more than happy to point out the many flaws in Islam or Judaism also, but most of the fundamentalists I have to deal with are Christian, not Islamic or Jewish.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we are safe to assume there are flaws in what the scientists say today, right?
Of course. I think I'll wait for them to correct some more flaws and frauds.
Prudent, huh?
At the cutting edge of research, it is a good idea to take any pronouncement with a grain of salt. For those topics that have been settled in the scientific community for more than, say, 10-20 years, you don't have to wait any longer.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so the religion you choose to believe isn't mumbo jumbo, but all the others are? How do you explain that hypocrisy?
I doubt that he chose it. It was probably passed down to him, his parents most likely didn't choose it either, nor his grandparents, nor his great grandparents. It has probably been handed down for many generations, with not a single person actually knowing it's contents or actually choosing it. Had his forefathers been born in other regions of the planet, he might very well be arguing that being Islamic or Hindu, is the only correct religious affiliation, and all the rest are false.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL - They were all my own words except the link which explains that Dr. Dipak Das allegedly falsified scientific data more than 100 times.

It's interesting that you don't find that disturbing. Why would you support something you know to be false? Don't you want the truth to be known?

How can we know what science we can believe when there are so many like Dr. Das who are publishing false information, and there are people like you who support his work?
Never heard of Das.

How's your computer working?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that there are certain religions that contain mumbo jumbo (I love that description).

You're okay with that?
So Christianity contains no Mumbai jumbo?

Okely dokely.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible won't fit into one post.
He said, "Try posting something that's not biased and people may actually read it."

Should I post that in all caps for you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>I will be happy to address your observation, Khatru.

Since there are atheist posters to the forum who do not want to see material about fraudulent science (because the truth about it makes them uncomfortable) and they have the idea they can be winners if they eliminate any dissenting view (which doesn't make them winners) they chose to announce to the forum that my posts should be reported.

I believe you are already aware of this, since you have been reading the forum on a regular basis, so you haven't made some new and brilliant discovery.

As I commented previously, anyone has the right to report posts, so whatever they want to do - that's fine. I do not need to copy and paste material directly from any link. However, their efforts to suppress the truth will not succeed. I will describe the content in my own words, and provide the link, rather than copying the content directly. This won't please atheists who want to hide scientific fraud, but it isn't my goal to please atheists, lol.

In the meanwhile, I will make a practice of reporting all posts that contain inappropriate language and all posts considered abusive, which is only reasonable. However, I may not notify the forum when and / or which posts I report.

And, In reference to your post 9609, unlike you, I don't consider abusive posts with inappropriate language as “nothing at all”(your words). I do realize, however, that you consider any post from one of your fellow atheists as okay, while you would support them in “reporting” the opposing view. This is quite typical of your kind of justice and morality, and confirms that you, like the others, feel that winning is by dictating your beliefs through suppressing the voice of your opponent. You, like them, want the truth hidden; erased from public view, just like the fraudulent scientists I've posted about. That, my friend, is not winning. It's losing.
My objection-yes, dipshit. I reported you-was that you were loading page after page with cut and paste articles that you could have just linked to with a brief description.

They made navigating the threads cumbersome and time consuming.

You were being inconsiderate to every other poster, but your religion allows that as long as you're lying for Jesus.

You don't understand skepticism at all, do you.

It means skepticism of science.

I don't need to be skeptical of religion. I KNOW it's all BS.

All I have to do is look at you for proof.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
The included link describes “Atheism” as the “No God” religion. Even though atheism isn't ordinarily thought of as a religion, it actually is.

Atheism is a faith of it's own.

Atheists have certain “Tenets of Faith.”

And don't forget “The Atheists' Creed”...

Atheism is an ideology that is bleak and hopeless.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/153...

Your opinion doesn't count.

Atheism has no tenets.

No matter how hard you keep trying to bring us down to your level, it won't work.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there are certain religions that contain mumbo jumbo (I love that description).
You're okay with that?
Your religion is no more the truth than Islam is to a Muslim.

Whatever fraudulent acts are perpetrated by less-than-credible individuals, the scientific community will invariably falsify them for the lies they are and leave those individuals discredited.

It's a shame that religion doesn't adhere to the same high standards of policing its ranks.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:

Christians are all we've got, or hadn't you noticed.

Your persecution complex is showing.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible's not biased?

Care to share its views on equality for women, gays, people of other religions, etc?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be happy to address your observation, Khatru.
Since there are atheist posters to the forum who do not want to see material about fraudulent science (because the truth about it makes them uncomfortable) and they have the idea they can be winners if they eliminate any dissenting view (which doesn't make them winners) they chose to announce to the forum that my posts should be reported.
I believe you are already aware of this, since you have been reading the forum on a regular basis, so you haven't made some new and brilliant discovery.
As I commented previously, anyone has the right to report posts, so whatever they want to do - that's fine. I do not need to copy and paste material directly from any link. However, their efforts to suppress the truth will not succeed. I will describe the content in my own words, and provide the link, rather than copying the content directly. This won't please atheists who want to hide scientific fraud, but it isn't my goal to please atheists, lol.
In the meanwhile, I will make a practice of reporting all posts that contain inappropriate language and all posts considered abusive, which is only reasonable. However, I may not notify the forum when and / or which posts I report.
And, In reference to your post 9609, unlike you, I don't consider abusive posts with inappropriate language as “nothing at all”(your words). I do realize, however, that you consider any post from one of your fellow atheists as okay, while you would support them in “reporting” the opposing view. This is quite typical of your kind of justice and morality, and confirms that you, like the others, feel that winning is by dictating your beliefs through suppressing the voice of your opponent. You, like them, want the truth hidden; erased from public view, just like the fraudulent scientists I've posted about. That, my friend, is not winning. It's losing.
You're being somewhat presumptuous and quite disingenuous.

I have no problem with your posts as they continually show the strength and reliability of science and the scientific community.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,181 - 9,200 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••