Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11176 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9698 Dec 30, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Religion has found fraud in the science community.
"Seems you are betting on a real loser"
Wrong again! See I peeked at the ending and I know who wins.
Yep, you are right science is a total failure so turn off your PC and don't use any medications, turn off your TV, sell your car and go and live in a cave.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9699 Dec 30, 2012
Ruse.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ruse
"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools – but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a “disaster”, lol.
He also says that “The God Delusion”(book) made him “ashamed” to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9700 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's quite the idiotic conclusion!! Congratulations! I haven't seen anyone be that stupid in a long time!!
There is quite a lot more about the buy bull that doesn't add up
I'm glad you're interested in learning more about the Bible.

Matthew Henry's Commentary is a great source for beginners like you.

Location hidden

#9701 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific method has demonstrated the capability of weeding out crackpots and liars very well, if it didn't, you'd have nothing to post. Dipak is disturbing, he lied and placed people's health at risk just for profit, then when called out on it he used that publicity to create a pyramid scheme as well. But the scientific community outed him, not a religion. Religion does the opposite, it hides, even to the point of evading the law, people who commit atrocities all the time. Religion offers psychopaths refuge, and an excuse as well as alibi to murder. Notice how you don't post anything about the Evangelist and their "faith healing" which has never healed anyone, or how you avoid John Edwards and his "ESP" junk. Your agenda isn't to learn, nor do you care about reality, your agenda is to discredit something that has probably discovered, and outed, a scam you were trying to pull. So out of pure spite you target the same method that outed you by only demonstrating that method is self correcting. You are a miserable failure of a human being, like all snake oil salesmen.
Who was it? Did James Randi demonstrate you were a fraudulent "psychic?" Or did you have your paper on "dream magic" rejected by the scientific community because it was nothing more than conjecture? Perhaps your attempts to "discover" psychic phenomenon by subjecting humans to potent hallucinogenics was was rejected and thus getting you banned from anything resembling a test subject in the US?
You cannot blame the people who discovered, and then rejected, your insanity just because you failed to pull the wool over their eyes.
Wow, Kitten - that was a lot of typing for you!!!

Do scientists work together to expose fraudulent faith healers? No. Why not? Because it's not their field, lol.

Likewise, it's not the place of religion to weed out bad science. It would be the job of science to stop corruption in science. But source after source has shown that it takes years and the peer review groups fail. Bad science still gets published every day, and it's worsening instead of getting better.

My “agenda” isn't to learn? Of course it is. Unlike you, I'm eager to learn about science, and I continue to learn every day that fraudulent science is growing and is far worse than I imagined before I began my research.

That, sweetie, is reality.

Location hidden

#9702 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of Das.
How's your computer working?
Fraudulent scientists don't exist unless you've personally heard of them? LOL

My computer is working fine. Better check out your own if you can't find Dr. Dipak Das.

Hint: try google – if you've ever heard of the infamous Dr. Das.

LMAO

Location hidden

#9703 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He said, "Try posting something that's not biased and people may actually read it."
Should I post that in all caps for you?
THE BIBLE WON'T FIT INTO ONE POST.

Location hidden

#9704 Dec 30, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is simply that Christianity is the dominant religion where most of us live. I am more than happy to point out the many flaws in Islam or Judaism also, but most of the fundamentalists I have to deal with are Christian, not Islamic or Jewish.
So when you can rid the planet of the dominant religion, you'll go to work on the others?

LOL – good luck with that.
KJV

United States

#9705 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>"...
No one goes to jail for fraud." Bernie Madhoff will be glad to hear this!!

According to your "Religion Correcting itself" thesis, further progress will eventually lead you into the stone age. Congratulations!!
Ooogah Boogah said:
"No one goes to jail for fraud." Bernie Madhoff will be glad to hear this!!"

The subject matter that was being discussed was Religion do correct
Items in the Bible when an older writing is found. Correction or updates are done on the Bible many times.

And that comment was (as you know) dealing with the corrections in the Bible.
That no one goes to jail for fraud in Bible corrections.

Of course people go to jail for fraud all the time. That's the exact comparison I was makin, thank you for helping me clear it up for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake.

Location hidden

#9706 Dec 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian Courier?
I've never heard of it.
This is what passes for your source of impartial and unbiased information?
No doubt they have equally unbiased views on evolution, women, gays and other religions.
Yes, you show us every day that there are a great many things you haven't heard of. There is much you need to learn.

But your commendable support of Noah and his family earned you a special place in my heart that no one else can ever fill.

Location hidden

#9707 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My objection-yes, dipshit. I reported you-was that you were loading page after page with cut and paste articles that you could have just linked to with a brief description.
They made navigating the threads cumbersome and time consuming.
You were being inconsiderate to every other poster, but your religion allows that as long as you're lying for Jesus.
You don't understand skepticism at all, do you.
It means skepticism of science.
I don't need to be skeptical of religion. I KNOW it's all BS.
All I have to do is look at you for proof.
Just you? LOL.

So you're the loser I was describing. I thought as much.

But that's fine - it didn't really accomplish anything By the time they are removed, they've usually already been read anyway, so it doesn't make much difference. I reported your post 9433, and commented about it to the forum. It's been removed whether it accompllished anything or not - except that "turn about is fair play".

So you do whatever you need to do, and I'll do the same, lol.

No matter what, you won't succeed in your efforts to dictate your failed beliefs on me.

Location hidden

#9709 Dec 30, 2012
Are science journals indistinguishable from fiction?

Pretty much so, yes. Science journals publish 20,000 fraudulent papers every year, which takes away their credibility.

It's amazing how can atheists expect the public to believe in science when we find that much fraud.

Yet, it's amazing how atheists pathetically try to promote science as irrefutable. LOL

http://io9.com/5931011/scientific-journals-pu...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
KJV

United States

#9710 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Your religion has been around for nearly 2000 years and it still hasn't fixed Leviticus 14 .... it's a real hoot!!
Something wrong with Leviticus 14?
Did God tell you that some thing was inaccurate with that scripture?

Or are you so out of touch with the religion and the Bible of Christianity that you don't know what this scripture means?

Location hidden

#9711 Dec 30, 2012
Let's take a trivia quiz.

Naaahhhh......atheists don't do well on quizzes, so let me just go ahead and give you the question and the answer all in one post.

Who sets the world record for faking data?

It's Dr. Yoshitaka Fujii of Toho University. Only 3 of his 209 papers published in 17 years were not fraudulent.

Yet he defends his work, lol. He probably have peers that support him also.

Some of his later papers are still under review and may be false as well.

http://www.science20.com/cool-links/dr_yoshit...

Location hidden

#9712 Dec 30, 2012
The included link offers fascinating insight on the causes of scienctific fraud and misconduct.

Unfortunately, for fraudulent scientists, new software may make their misconduct more visible.

But can we depend on that?

Probably not. Corrupt science is a lucrative business, and crooked scientists, like other crooks, will find loopholes around any system.

After all, don't atheists think scientists are geniuses? Geniuses can find loopholes. It happens all the time.

http://esciencenews.com/sources/the.guardian....

KJV

United States

#9713 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>It is hilarious how religibots will use computer simulations to "disprove" science. <<guffa!!!>>
You seem to be so out of touch with the subject matter of these postings that you're commenting on.

Nothing in that posting had anything to do with disproving science. In fact it was a posting that stated science programs prove the Bible correct on the subject of the star of Bethlehem.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#9714 Dec 30, 2012
KJV wrote:
If evolution really did happen and brought forth all this life on earth then everything we see is the product of randomness and mutations.

Then also the thoughts in our mind would have to follow this same line of randomness.
Some more than others.

Why do you think that a naturally existing god's mind would be fundamentally different from any other naturally existing mind? Even if the god were a greater being made of a different substance acting according to different rules, if nobody designed your god, why wouldn't it be subject to the same criticisms as an undesigned man?

These god arguments mostly fall under the heading of special pleading. Whatever your objections are to an undesigned universe, they never seem to apply to an undesigned god, do they? The god gets a pass. And the reason offered? Because it's a god. That's it.

Fennario

#9715 Dec 30, 2012
KJV wrote:
You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Somebody on another thread was asking why I thought Christians would still want to burn heretics. He thinks that you've been cured of your sadism. I hope you don't mind that I quoted you
KJV wrote:
Don't mind at all.
Thanks. I was getting tired of having to quote Just Results. I lost the link to Langoliers making similar comments
KJV wrote:
I hope you're capable of differentiating between sarcasm and real intent.
Yes, I am.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9716 Dec 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Mumbai jumbo?
I'm so going to use that if we ever get a Hindu on here!
Lol!

It was a typo, but you're right. It would be perfect.

Feel free to use it at will.

With my blessings. ;)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9717 Dec 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fraudulent scientists don't exist unless you've personally heard of them? LOL
My computer is working fine. Better check out your own if you can't find Dr. Dipak Das.
Hint: try google – if you've ever heard of the infamous Dr. Das.
LMAO
Did I claim he didn't exist?

I MUST be losing it, because I don't remember EVER claiming that he didn't exist.

Fennario

#9718 Dec 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
ROFLMAO!! You have been warned. That not only explains why you now post a rider but also your weak attempts at retaliation by reporting other people for nothing at all. Don't be dim, Dim.
Good call! I didn't recognize what Dim was up to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 min John 30,033
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 56 min Frogface Kate 364
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 69,653
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 hr superwilly 258,464
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 11 hr John 575
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 12 hr Dogen 3,765
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 23 hr Eagle 12 12,668
More from around the web