Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9645 Dec 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed it.
How far back?
Gah! My memory isn't that great. A few pages maybe.
KJV

United States

#9646 Dec 29, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>That had to hurt to type. I'll bet you used your tit.
It was very funny to type.

Can no one see any humor around here?

You know this does not have be a life and death discussion. Enjoy the debates but have fun with them.
After all you don't really know who you're talking to and many play roll with many as I am told they are called socks.

Now did they call them Socks as in Sock puppets or because they always come as a pair but maybe because of the ability for socks to jump to other universes while in the dryer?

Oh I could not really use my tits to type
As least I've never attempted it. You bring up such interesting conversation.

I will ponder the tit typing but I highly doubt I'll try it.

Have a good day
KJV

United States

#9647 Dec 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Ruse.
Yes Ruse

"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools – but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a “disaster”, lol.
He also says that “The God Delusion”(book) made him “ashamed” to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9648 Dec 29, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ruse
"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools – but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a “disaster”, lol.
He also says that “The God Delusion”(book) made him “ashamed” to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."
To which it has already been pointed out that Ruse is a troll.
KJV

United States

#9649 Dec 29, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Then we are safe to assume there are flaws in what the scientists say today, right?

Of course. I think I'll wait for them to correct some more flaws and frauds.

Prudent, huh?
Buck
You quoted what I had quoted from the poster. Those were not my words. I put it in quotations and then I responded to the above quote.

"Yes of course they (science)found some (fraud). They did not find all (science fraud) by any means"

The law is working on those.
KJV

United States

#9650 Dec 29, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>What about your background, do you think enables you to calculate odds (and probabilities) accurately?
Why yes of course. See I was created you mutated.
KJV

United States

#9651 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No, "moral" behavior is not conducive to survival because morality is a social construct and is often used to justify murder, rape, torture, and a slew of other actions which weaken our species.

However ethical and equal treatment are, and they are the result of natural pressures combined with genetic mutations, resulting in a stronger social construct and thus a more adaptable species.
You think Cannibalism is ok if the majority of the tribe says it's ok.

"Do you believe that enjoyment, love and fun is all there is to life? If so, why should a child molester be denied his enjoyment and fun even if it is at the expense of others? If morals are in fact subjective, who are you to tell him that he is wrong given the subjective standard he has adopted?

Do you believe that man evolved? If so, is it not true that man also evolved a mechanism to kill his enemies, to spread his sexual seed via rape (which happens in the animal kingdom), to abide by natural selection? If so, is rape truly wrong seeing that it is just insuring the propagation of the human race AND BY WHAT STANDARD IS IT WRONG? Was Hitler truly wrong by killing 6 million Jews that he deemed to be slowing down the progression of the evolution of the human race? After all, these are tools of natural selection, are they not? Also, spontaneous generation has been disproven, so how do you account for non-life begetting life?

If man did in fact evolve, and there is nothing outside of the material universe, then there cannot be free will and free choice, can there? Meaning, if the material universe is all there is, then there is no such thing as an immaterial object; hence there can be no such thing as a law of thought, logic and morality. The result of this is that you do not have free will; you do not think freely; the reasons that you are stating this very thing is because your brain chemicals are forcing you to say such a thing. Why should I trust your brain chemicals over my brain chemicals? Why do you believe what you are stating if you cannot help what you are stating because it is simply an electro-chemical reaction? This once again leads us to ask the question; is truly wrong for a child molester to prey upon his victims? If so, what standard are you appealing to? My standard is the Bible, the very words of God Himself. My standard is a priori (apart form self) and objective. What is yours?"

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9653 Dec 29, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes of course. See I was created you mutated.
Created by what or whom? And who or what created that creator?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9654 Dec 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And apparently it fails to take into account the earth's rotation.
No objects, other than our geostationary satellites, stay over one spot on the earth. Even Polaris, our north star, describes a small circle as it's not precisely over the pole.
Even answersingenesis recognizes these facts and explains them away by claiming that god can suspend the laws of nature anytime he wants and that's what he did for the star of Bethlehem.
Funny that he hasn't suspended any of the laws of nature lately. It would solve so much conflict.
Yes, he/she/it appears to have stopped suspending the laws of nature around the same time as humanity developed means of recording visual and audible phenomena.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9655 Dec 29, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Cannibalism is ok if the majority of the tribe says it's ok.
"Do you believe that enjoyment, love and fun is all there is to life? If so, why should a child molester be denied his enjoyment and fun even if it is at the expense of others? If morals are in fact subjective, who are you to tell him that he is wrong given the subjective standard he has adopted?
Do you believe that man evolved? If so, is it not true that man also evolved a mechanism to kill his enemies, to spread his sexual seed via rape (which happens in the animal kingdom), to abide by natural selection? If so, is rape truly wrong seeing that it is just insuring the propagation of the human race AND BY WHAT STANDARD IS IT WRONG? Was Hitler truly wrong by killing 6 million Jews that he deemed to be slowing down the progression of the evolution of the human race? After all, these are tools of natural selection, are they not? Also, spontaneous generation has been disproven, so how do you account for non-life begetting life?
If man did in fact evolve, and there is nothing outside of the material universe, then there cannot be free will and free choice, can there? Meaning, if the material universe is all there is, then there is no such thing as an immaterial object; hence there can be no such thing as a law of thought, logic and morality. The result of this is that you do not have free will; you do not think freely; the reasons that you are stating this very thing is because your brain chemicals are forcing you to say such a thing. Why should I trust your brain chemicals over my brain chemicals? Why do you believe what you are stating if you cannot help what you are stating because it is simply an electro-chemical reaction? This once again leads us to ask the question; is truly wrong for a child molester to prey upon his victims? If so, what standard are you appealing to? My standard is the Bible, the very words of God Himself. My standard is a priori (apart form self) and objective. What is yours?"
Strawman.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9656 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything that isn't a fallacy to say? not linguine, but ... you know ... your own words or something? An original thought? Anything that offers us evidence that you are not a bot?
LOL - They were all my own words except the link which explains that Dr. Dipak Das allegedly falsified scientific data more than 100 times.

It's interesting that you don't find that disturbing. Why would you support something you know to be false? Don't you want the truth to be known?

How can we know what science we can believe when there are so many like Dr. Das who are publishing false information, and there are people like you who support his work?

Location hidden

#9657 Dec 29, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I gauge the successes of science by it's ability at explaining our reality.
That's real and tangible truths.
Not the superstitious mumbo jumbo we get from religion.
I agree that there are certain religions that contain mumbo jumbo (I love that description).

That's why I believe in Christianity, which is the truth.

What about the mumbo jumbo we get from fraudulent science?

You're okay with that?

Location hidden

#9658 Dec 29, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Try posting something that's not biased and people may actually read it.
The Bible won't fit into one post.

Location hidden

#9659 Dec 29, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help but notice you've taken to adding the above rider.
You've been warned! LOL
I will be happy to address your observation, Khatru.

Since there are atheist posters to the forum who do not want to see material about fraudulent science (because the truth about it makes them uncomfortable) and they have the idea they can be winners if they eliminate any dissenting view (which doesn't make them winners) they chose to announce to the forum that my posts should be reported.

I believe you are already aware of this, since you have been reading the forum on a regular basis, so you haven't made some new and brilliant discovery.

As I commented previously, anyone has the right to report posts, so whatever they want to do - that's fine. I do not need to copy and paste material directly from any link. However, their efforts to suppress the truth will not succeed. I will describe the content in my own words, and provide the link, rather than copying the content directly. This won't please atheists who want to hide scientific fraud, but it isn't my goal to please atheists, lol.

In the meanwhile, I will make a practice of reporting all posts that contain inappropriate language and all posts considered abusive, which is only reasonable. However, I may not notify the forum when and / or which posts I report.

And, In reference to your post 9609, unlike you, I don't consider abusive posts with inappropriate language as nothing at all(your words). I do realize, however, that you consider any post from one of your fellow atheists as okay, while you would support them in reporting the opposing view. This is quite typical of your kind of justice and morality, and confirms that you, like the others, feel that winning is by dictating your beliefs through suppressing the voice of your opponent. You, like them, want the truth hidden; erased from public view, just like the fraudulent scientists I've posted about. That, my friend, is not winning. It's losing.

#9660 Dec 29, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there are certain religions that contain mumbo jumbo (I love that description).
That's why I believe in Christianity, which is the truth.
What about the mumbo jumbo we get from fraudulent science?
You're okay with that?
So you believe Christianity because our Creator did such a horrid job that he had to kill himself to set it all straight ... or at least so that he could forgive himself and us.

What were you saying about "mumbo jumbo"??

And again, the correction of the scientific data is coming from the scientific community, not the religious community.

Location hidden

#9661 Dec 29, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion has been around for nearly 2000 years and it still hasn't fixed Leviticus 14 .... it's a real hoot!!
So you're a Bible believer except for one chapter in Leviticus?

You know, I think all of us have some passages we have questions about, but when we study the Bible, we can find the answers to most legitimate concerns.

I would suggest that you read a Bible commentary on that passage to help you understand it and that should help you clear up any misconceptions you may have about it.

Location hidden

#9662 Dec 29, 2012
The included link describes Atheism as the No God religion. Even though atheism isn't ordinarily thought of as a religion, it actually is.

Atheism is a faith of it's own.

Atheists have certain Tenets of Faith.

And don't forget The Atheists' Creed...

Atheism is an ideology that is bleak and hopeless.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/153...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

#9664 Dec 29, 2012
Have you ever noticed how atheists focus in on Christians, and try to dictate their beliefs to Christians?

Funny how atheists don't seem too concerned about other religions.

That's because they recognize Christianity as the one true religion.

Thank you, atheists, for your failure to dictate your beliefs to Christians, and for confirming to us that you recognize the one true God of the Bible.

Location hidden

#9665 Dec 29, 2012
Atheists attack community landmarks.

Why?

In order to dictate their beliefs.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-attacks-communi...

Atheists keep trying, but they keep failing.

The majority rules and will not allow atheists to dictate their beliefs.

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

#9666 Dec 29, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a Bible believer except for one chapter in Leviticus?
You know, I think all of us have some passages we have questions about, but when we study the Bible, we can find the answers to most legitimate concerns.
I would suggest that you read a Bible commentary on that passage to help you understand it and that should help you clear up any misconceptions you may have about it.
Well that's quite the idiotic conclusion!! Congratulations! I haven't seen anyone be that stupid in a long time!!

There is quite a lot more about the buy bull that doesn't add up;

http://www.deusdiapente.net/science/gospels.p...
http://www.evilbible.com
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Catcher1 228,553
Heaven 2 hr susanblange 2
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr susanblange 697
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Patrick 5,585
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 3 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 12 hr Patrick 140

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE