Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,061 - 9,080 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Did you notice it was the scientific community that discovered the flaws in the work? No! Of course you didn't.

That is the business of science, correcting itself when it is wrong. That's how and why it has advanced our society out of the Dark Ages that Christianity created.

When does religion correct itself?... Never! Christianity is as wrong as it was when Christians butchered Hypatia of Alexandria.
"Did you notice it was the scientific community that discovered the flaws in the work? No! Of course you didn't. "

Yes of they found some. Not all by any means
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Did you notice it was the scientific community that discovered the flaws in the work? No! Of course you didn't.

That is the business of science, correcting itself when it is wrong. That's how and why it has advanced our society out of the Dark Ages that Christianity created.

When does religion correct itself?... Never! Christianity is as wrong as it was when Christians butchered Hypatia of Alexandria.
"That is the business of science, correcting itself when it is wrong."

It's also the business of the law to stop fraud. Which they find way more of in science then science does.

"When does religion correct itself?... "

All the time!!! Every time older documents are found they make the appropriate changes to the Bible. It's usually pretty miner changes but they do keep the Bible updated with the oldest know writings. And no one goes to jail for fraud. LOL
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You both make far too many blind assumptions. Hint: Most of those complaining were not the ones reporting.
When someone on the team gets called for holding then the whole team gets penalized.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So, stating a simple fact is abuse to you. Yeah, that works. You can linguine, but you can't cook, that is fact. You regurgitate everything, never thinking for yourself, never speaking for yourself. You lack the free will and capability of choosing your own words, a side effect of being brainwashed that is ignored far too often. When you do manage to muster up some actual thoughts of your own, they are nothing but on-liners, quips, and lame insults that miss their targets every time, demonstrating a bully mentality. You disregard for anything that opposes what you have been fed, combined with your bully mentality, demonstrates an inferiority complex, though that is only a likely possibility as the evidence is still not strong enough to make such a suggestion with any levity.

Your mind is akin to Swiss cheese, and you crammed the holes with other people's ideas instead of forming your own or learning anything. To sum up the above which you will not read anyway.
"So, stating a simple fact is abuse to you. "

Seriously? This kind of statement is all BS and you know it.
F-bombs and other profanity does not need to be tolerated.

Now KK you know that when a Theist post some thing they get the full scale on slot from the atheist. They ask for degrees or link ( or it's BS ). Why even when the link or professor is quote they are written off as writing about something out of their field of expertise.
Or an unreliable sources Like scientific journal or the New York Times.

You need to do better.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody on another thread was asking why I thought Christians would still want to burn heretics. He thinks that you've been cured of your sadism. I hope you don't mind that I quoted you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Don't mind at all. I hope you're capable of differentiating between sarcasm and real intent.
If not you could have a pretty rough go of it.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>And Shakespeare is nothing more than letters, spaces and punctuation.

Fallacy of scale. It is from the community of specific chemicals working in tandem and considered collectively that humanity emerges.

You don't find humanity focusing on this chemical or that one - this amino acid or that chloride ion. You can't see humanity at that scale. You're too close, just as you can't see rain or even wetness looking at one water molecule.

You can also miss humanity if you step too far away and look at too big a piece - the other pole of the fallacy of scale. That happens when you make comments such as, "in the grand scheme of things, man doesn't matter."

That's correct, but we don't live at the scale of all time and space any more than we do at the scale of molecules.

Incidentally, the brain's chemistry is hardly random.
Well again I believe in creation so that would mean I believe man has a brain that is not just randomness. Great writings, art, poetry, music.

If evolution really did happen and brought forth all this life on earth then everything we see is the product of randomness and mutations. Then also the thoughts in our mind would have to follow this same line of randomness.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice it was the scientific community that discovered the flaws in the work? No! Of course you didn't.
Have you noticed how long it takes the scientific community to discover their flaws, and the damage that occurs before fraudulent scientific papers eventually get retracted? Some are never corrected. The peer review system has failed us.

http://www.ahrp.org/cms/content/view/846/94/h...

Some fraud is never retracted even after it's found. When will science retract errors in textbooks?

http://amasci.com/miscon/miscon.html

My faith is in the Bible.

Your faith is in fraudulent science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, stating a simple fact is abuse to you. Yeah, that works. You can linguine, but you can't cook, that is fact. You regurgitate everything, never thinking for yourself, never speaking for yourself. You lack the free will and capability of choosing your own words, a side effect of being brainwashed that is ignored far too often. When you do manage to muster up some actual thoughts of your own, they are nothing but on-liners, quips, and lame insults that miss their targets every time, demonstrating a bully mentality. You disregard for anything that opposes what you have been fed, combined with your bully mentality, demonstrates an inferiority complex, though that is only a likely possibility as the evidence is still not strong enough to make such a suggestion with any levity.
Your mind is akin to Swiss cheese, and you crammed the holes with other people's ideas instead of forming your own or learning anything. To sum up the above which you will not read anyway.
Atheists do not state facts, lol.

I always read your posts, Kitten. They are what I call “light reading”, since they never say anything. But as long as you feel better after your breakdown rant, that's all that matters, lmao.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone on the team gets called for holding then the whole team gets penalized.
So it's ok for us to hold all christians responsible for abortion clinic bombings and the Westboro Baptist church?

Ok.

I'm good with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems he knows where the larger market is.
Did you actually read the book? Or is it your intent to link us to where we can buy it.
I think that's what's called spam and is reportable.
Post 9575 has been reported to the moderators for reasons which are obvious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

To our atheist scientists in the forum, here's a question:

Is prostate cancer linked to the XMRV virus? Scientists told us it was, but unfortunately their papers were retracted since they were false.

This was reported in September, 2012. The link is below.

http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2012/09/...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"That is the business of science, correcting itself when it is wrong."
It's also the business of the law to stop fraud. Which they find way more of in science then science does.
"When does religion correct itself?... "
All the time!!! Every time older documents are found they make the appropriate changes to the Bible. It's usually pretty miner changes but they do keep the Bible updated with the oldest know writings. And no one goes to jail for fraud. LOL
You can't be serious.

I'm sorry.

Of course you can.

Pardon my jots and tittles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Why did Dr. Dipak K. Das publish fake data describing the health benefits of red wine?

Dr. Das allegedly falsified scientific data more than 100 times. ELEVEN journals had to be informed of his misconduct, and consequently retract papers.

Undoubtedly, there are people who acted on his advice, thinking red wine would benefit their health. They probably thought they could rely on the advice of scientists. After all, if we can't rely on our scientists, who can we rely on?

Was the peer review group for Dr. Das' work asleep or were they perhaps protecting fraudulent research? Can't we depend on the peer review groups? After all, atheists tell us science is “self-correcting”- right? LOL

This link has the CBS News report on Dr. Das:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-573577...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Do you realize that science fraud and cheating is moving at a faster pace than science itself?

The increase in retractions has been 10 times more in the past 10 years than previously.

What is the motivation for corrupt scientists?

Could it be money?

This link confirms the statements in this post:
http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/04/20/22...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

It's especially alarming when scientists falsify papers on safety in a nuclear dump project.

Although such a thing seems incredible, it happened, according to federal agencies.

Is MONEY more important to scientists than the safety of our citizens?

Apparently so......

The full story can be found at this link:

http://articles.philly.com/2005-03-17/news/25...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 9575 has been reported to the moderators for reasons which are obvious.
I'll let you know when I hear from them.

Feel free to start holding your breath now.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, stating a simple fact is abuse to you. "
Seriously? This kind of statement is all BS and you know it.
F-bombs and other profanity does not need to be tolerated.
Now KK you know that when a Theist post some thing they get the full scale on slot from the atheist. They ask for degrees or link ( or it's BS ). Why even when the link or professor is quote they are written off as writing about something out of their field of expertise.
Or an unreliable sources Like scientific journal or the New York Times.
You need to do better.
So ... you are against one type, a specific subset of words, of profanity yet not the other types?

Also, it's onslaught. The outdated information is not "written off," it is explained as being outdated, which it is, it's all outdated and old, and the very arguments you and Derek are using have all been addressed for the last decade, you just either don't care to know that you're making fools of yourselves, or your delusions have completely destroyed your connection to reality.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
Your thoughts and morals and standards are nothing more then random chemicals firing off in your brain. Why does that make you able to judge anyone or anything. The dog in the chicken yard that kills every last chicken and then leave them to rot is just following its chemicals reactions in its brain. Evolution by default means nothing can be wrong. It's all just random chemicals working the same way as random mutations created you.
Evolution isn't concerned with right/wrong

I've already told you how I get my morals. It's certainly not from a book which provides instructions to kill people.
KJV wrote:
" murder of homosexuals ". Why does this bother you so much? It's just one set of chemical reactions vs another. It is survival of the fittest is it not? "By means of natural selection " who can say then that this would not be means of natural selection? It's all just evolution from Bactria with mutations and chemical reactions and survival of the fittest.
What are you talking about?

Murder of anyone bothers me. It clearly doesn't bother you as we all know that your morality is based on accepting that it's good to kill not just homosexuals, but also people who practice freedom of religion, wives who aren't virgins on their wedding night, rebellious offspring, etc.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Why did Dr. Dipak K. Das publish fake data describing the health benefits of red wine?
Dr. Das allegedly falsified scientific data more than 100 times. ELEVEN journals had to be informed of his misconduct, and consequently retract papers.
Undoubtedly, there are people who acted on his advice, thinking red wine would benefit their health. They probably thought they could rely on the advice of scientists. After all, if we can't rely on our scientists, who can we rely on?
Was the peer review group for Dr. Das' work asleep or were they perhaps protecting fraudulent research? Can't we depend on the peer review groups? After all, atheists tell us science is “self-correcting”- right? LOL
This link has the CBS News report on Dr. Das:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-573577...
Do you have anything that isn't a fallacy to say? not linguine, but ... you know ... your own words or something? An original thought? Anything that offers us evidence that you are not a bot?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on how you look at it, there is a lot of truth in that.
I gauge the successes of science by it's ability at explaining our reality.

That's real and tangible truths.

Not the superstitious mumbo jumbo we get from religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••