Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,001 - 9,020 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have? LOL
I haven't ? Really. Well the fact is you cannot take anyone's blind word on these boards so to say any more on the subject would be futile.
USMC.
In early 1968, General Vo Nguyen Giap, the man in charge of North Vietnam's army, believed it was time for the North Vietnamese to make a major surprise attack on South Vietnam. After coordinating with the Viet Cong and moving troops and supplies into position, the Communists made a diversionary attack against the American base at Khe Sanh on January 21, 1968.
On January 30, 1968, the real Tet Offensive began. Early in the morning, North Vietnamese troops and Viet Cong forces attacked both towns and cities in South Vietnam, breaking the ceasefire that had been called for the Vietnamese holiday of Tet (the lunar new year).
Nice to see you mimicking your idol.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! All that AND a tattle-tell. You gotta take you licks if you wanna play with the big kids!
Mature adults do not talk that way.
They don't need to. They know real words.

So we'll just call your group the kiddies.
I see it all the time in public the kiddies talking that way. It's embarrassing women and children all around in a restaurant and the big kiddies dropping F bomb after F bomb.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't you do. At the time of Jesus birth the word planet meant wandering star.
If you read the Bible you must use the words definitive in that day that they were penned.
So then, your God, who was writing this buy bull through "inspired humans" didn't know the difference between planets and wandering stars.

Dude!! That's even WORSE!! Your God is an idjit!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain all the different types of dark matter and all the different types dark energy.
What you can't?
But you believe it it?
Kind of Gullible aren't you?
These are current day conjecture and hypotheses .... who said I "believe" in them? I'm waiting for verifiable evidence before I accept them as theory. You should do the same with your "God conjecture".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude it's just chemical reaction in one mutated brain vs another if evolution is correct. You have to agree with that if you believe in evolution.
"Whence morality? That is a question which has troubled philosophers since their subject was invented. Two and a half millennia of debate have, however, failed to produce a satisfactory answer. So now it is time for someone else to have a go…Perhaps [biologists] can eventually do what philosophers have never managed, and explain moral behavior in an intellectually satisfying way."
Maybe EmpAtheist can have a go at it.
And you ignore my point completely...

I'm not making any claims of where morality comes from. I just don't get them from violent fiction books.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
And you ignore my point completely...
I'm not making any claims of where morality comes from. I just don't get them from violent fiction books.
BTW, I like your name.

Very clever.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I like your name.
Very clever.
Thank you... i think i might be the only atheist in here who isn't an astronomer though... i feel small. Lol

I'll be the guy standing in the background who jumps in randomly

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you... i think i might be the only atheist in here who isn't an astronomer though... i feel small. Lol
Pft. I know less about cosmology, biology, and physics than most other atheists on here. I do know sociology, psychology, computer technology, and chemistry, but that's the extent of my in depth studies. So don't feel left out, everyone has something to offer.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you... i think i might be the only atheist in here who isn't an astronomer though... i feel small. Lol

By all means.

Jump at will.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>What?

You don't like the word "hallucinating"?

Sensitive f*ck, aren't you.
Nope lots of people don't like profanity.
Of course you being an atheist and believe we all mutated to pie current level you little chemical firing off in your brain can't be expected to understand another human life form with just random spurts brain activity.

Of course I don't believe like you. I believe we were all created and our brains are not random chemical reactions. And that humans should be held accountable.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

EmpAtheist wrote:
Wow
You have that upside down.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Look back thru the forum, Hill, and see who made remarks about reporting me. I wasn't the one to report other posters, until they reported my posts.

And to everyone: I will summarize copyrighted material in my own words and provide the links. It is not necessary that I copy and paste the material. But the points will still be made, and the links will still be provided.

And I will report any post considered abusive. I may or may not post notice to the forum which posts I have reported to Topix.
Yes their report you and then yell when you return the favor. Sounds like an atheist to me!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>What?
Not.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>This guy is amazing.
You are both simply wrong.
Well no not Batty I guess, I am amazing.

Thanks.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Have you EVER read a book on astronomy?

Ever?
Have you seen the DVD? The whole thing or as Usual just try and rip apart what you can't understand. The Computer program shows in great detail how the star of Bethlehem really did everything the Bible states it did.

Fits like a Glove.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Nope lots of people don't like profanity.
Of course you being an atheist and believe we all mutated to pie current level you little chemical firing off in your brain can't be expected to understand another human life form with just random spurts brain activity.

Of course I don't believe like you. I believe we were all created and our brains are not random chemical reactions. And that humans should be held accountable.
What?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Ruse.
Yes

"derek4 wrote:
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools – but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.
Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.
He sees P.Z. Myers as a “disaster”, lol.
He also says that “The God Delusion”(book) made him “ashamed” to be an atheist.
Thank you, Mr. Ruse.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...
Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material."
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Uh...

Yeah.

If that's what you're going for.
Always!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>If I was all alone on a road 500 miles from any other human and my car broke down, and you stopped to offer help, I would decline.
And THAT is just how stupid you are.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't offend me.

I, though, as an atheist, understand that not everybody is Christian.

I also understand that Christians get very offended by any public display that dares to refute their (your) ridiculous beliefs.
I can't speak for all Christians but I know I don't get offended. Stupid ness cannot offend intelligentsia.

The odds of us be here from an exploding singularity and spontaneous life generation is simple impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Of Interest InTheNews 3 min Reason Personified 1
Our world came from nothing? 7 min Reason Personified 180
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 41 min Liam R 10
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Aura Mytha 224,013
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••