Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
8,981 - 9,000 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9501 Dec 28, 2012
Everybody wake up
If your living with your eyes closed
See the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

Oh baby it's not easy sometimes
They build these walls ever higher and hide behind them
Seems an odd way to try and make things right
Oh I feel like I go crazy sometimes

Our finest hour arrives
See the pig dressed in his finest fine
The believers stand behind him and smile
As the day lights up with fire

Everybody wake up
If your living with your eyes closed
See the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

I Remember the words of the misguided fool
Do unto others as you'd have them do
Not an eye for an eye is the golden rule
Just leaves a room full of blind men

And the finest hour arrives
See the pig dressed in his finest fine
Don't believe him leave and stand behind him and smile
As the day lights up with fire

Everybody wake up [etc]....

Everybody wake up
if your living with your eyes closed
see the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

Dave Matthews

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9502 Dec 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>That's like calling a car reck a great example of good driving.

You do know that if you can't come up with any real in put on a post that you don't have to post a response right?

Science fraud is a "great successes of science." LOL

Hello? Your brains chemical reaction and out puts have really let you down.
How's that computer working?

Do you have to plug it in, or do you just pray for it to work?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9503 Dec 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Dark matter? Did some one say Dark matter? Khatru you're clueless as to what's going on in dark matter.

"The Soudan Underground Laboratory.( In one of Minnesota's deepest Iron mines ) is a general-purpose science facility, which provides the deep underground environment required by a variety of sensitive experiments. The Lab currently hosts two large projects: MINOS, which investigates elusive and poorly understood particles called neutrinos; and CDMS II, a "dark-matter" experiment which may help explain how galaxies are formed. Both were built for basic research - exploring how the universe works - but similar efforts have spawned practical (if unforeseen) byproducts, including the world-wide web and even advanced medical imaging techniques."

"The Gopher (University of Minnesota) ecosystem is often regarded as the effective predecessor of the World Wide Web."
Dark MatterS.

With an "s".

It's the name on a Science Channel series on scientific flubs and frauds.

Have you ever watched programs about biblical flubs and frauds?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9504 Dec 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Dark matter? Did some one say Dark matter? Khatru you're clueless as to what's going on in dark matter.

"The Soudan Underground Laboratory.( In one of Minnesota's deepest Iron mines ) is a general-purpose science facility, which provides the deep underground environment required by a variety of sensitive experiments. The Lab currently hosts two large projects: MINOS, which investigates elusive and poorly understood particles called neutrinos; and CDMS II, a "dark-matter" experiment which may help explain how galaxies are formed. Both were built for basic research - exploring how the universe works - but similar efforts have spawned practical (if unforeseen) byproducts, including the world-wide web and even advanced medical imaging techniques."

"The Gopher (University of Minnesota) ecosystem is often regarded as the effective predecessor of the World Wide Web."
And...this is old news.

Ever seen pictures?

It's a huge pit of ultra pure water that looks like its lined with thousand of floodlights. But they're not light. They're light detectors.

In the pitch blackness deep in that cave, they hope to catch a photon or two released in the extremely rare event that a neutrino interacts with a water molecule.

Did you know that in just the area of your thumbnail, there are billions of neutrinos passing through you every second? That's every square centimeter of your body, every second of every day.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9505 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Title of book:

“The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions “

Author:
David Berlinski
Mr. Berlinski has a PhD from Princeton University. He's also written:“A Tour of the Calculus”,“The Advent of the Algorithm”, and “Newton’s Gift.”

Mr. Berlinski writes about the rise of “Millitant Atheism”. He writs that Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, and Christopher Hitchens have created a “stream” of best sellers against religious belief and how their works are also influencing the scientific community. Mr. Berlinski writes of how they are creating problems for science when they do this, and goes on to explore the many limitations of science.

Mr. Berlinski is very knowledgeable in science and how he approaches the subject.

Read the commentary acclaim and great reviews that follow.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Delusion-Atheism...

Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material.
Rofl!

THIS David Berlinski?

From wiki:

"David Berlinski (born 1942) is an American educator and author. Berlinski is a Senior Fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture, the hub of the intelligent design movement. A critic of the theory of evolution, Berlinski is theologically agnostic and refuses to theorize about the origins of life.[1] He has written on philosophy, mathematics and a variety of fictional works."

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9506 Dec 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>They don't look good on Glen Beck?
Lol!

No. No they don't.
KJV

United States

#9507 Dec 28, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>These "ancients" could not tell the differences between stars, planets or comets in the night sky. Yet, you insist they could accurately identify "Almighty God" come to Earth in Human form?

Gullible much?
Please explain all the different types of dark matter and all the different types dark energy.

What you can't?
But you believe it it?
Kind of Gullible aren't you?
KJV

United States

#9508 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I was playing with modern CGI+video software, using camera motion tracking, and did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_LGUBUWd29kXX

Easy is an understatement.:P
Not bad. Pretty funny in fact.
KJV

United States

#9509 Dec 28, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! It is a wonderful time of year to seek faith in Christ. It is so wonderful to see so many people on this thread talking about religious faith.
Amen brother.
KJV

United States

#9510 Dec 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Holidays!
You too.
KJV

United States

#9511 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Then just be content with that belief and leave us the f*ck alone.

We have stuff to do in the real world, while you're hallucinating and lying to your friends, family and complete strangers about a god that isn't really there.
You're more then free to leave this thread any time you like.

Please explain how life started in your make believe world.
KJV

United States

#9512 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>That would be funny, to an immoral creationist liar.
Septic you're one to talk.
KJV

United States

#9513 Dec 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>All you are accomplishing is the dumbing down of America.

The rest of the modern world is racing past us while people like you keep us mired in mythology.

Grow up.
That would be only from your narrow view point. I enjoy read his post.

Oh what other people on here?
Maybe with different view points?
How could be?

Batty wants to speak for everyone but fails and then adds more lies. What? Don't tell me an atheist lying? How could that be!

"The rest of the modern world is racing past us"

ya I know. Kind of rough being an atheist and watching the modern world pass you by.
KJV

United States

#9514 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I highly doubt you have.

I have, many times, though.
You have? LOL

I haven't ? Really. Well the fact is you cannot take anyone's blind word on these boards so to say any more on the subject would be futile.

USMC.

In early 1968, General Vo Nguyen Giap, the man in charge of North Vietnam's army, believed it was time for the North Vietnamese to make a major surprise attack on South Vietnam. After coordinating with the Viet Cong and moving troops and supplies into position, the Communists made a diversionary attack against the American base at Khe Sanh on January 21, 1968.

On January 30, 1968, the real Tet Offensive began. Early in the morning, North Vietnamese troops and Viet Cong forces attacked both towns and cities in South Vietnam, breaking the ceasefire that had been called for the Vietnamese holiday of Tet (the lunar new year).
KJV

United States

#9515 Dec 28, 2012
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>And yet the Bible has all of these horrible acts and atheists are against them.... hmmmm... You would think we would all be killing people and banging the dead bodies.

Humanists are so confused..........facepsalm
Dude it's just chemical reaction in one mutated brain vs another if evolution is correct. You have to agree with that if you believe in evolution.

"Whence morality? That is a question which has troubled philosophers since their subject was invented. Two and a half millennia of debate have, however, failed to produce a satisfactory answer. So now it is time for someone else to have a go…Perhaps [biologists] can eventually do what philosophers have never managed, and explain moral behavior in an intellectually satisfying way."

Maybe EmpAtheist can have a go at it.
KJV

United States

#9516 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot even help yourself, much less others.
I know!
Can you believe her / his claim. LOL
KJV

United States

#9517 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You must own stock in irony meters.
Do you have one?
Is there such a thing?
Or is this worthless dribble in the absence of any real conversation?
It does show the inability to debate and up hold you side of the debate with new and interesting fact like Derek post do.

e.g.

Derek : quotes Scientific America

KK: You must own stock in irony meters.

LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9518 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was all alone on a road 500 miles from any other human and my car broke down, and you stopped to offer help, I would decline.
That's on you, not on me. I would be the better person in any intelligent human's eyes for offering, you declining out of spite just shows how much hatred you hide.
KJV

United States

#9520 Dec 28, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! All that AND a tattle-tell. You gotta take you licks if you wanna play with the big kids!
Ya you go ahead and stick up for septic tank.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9521 Dec 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have one?
Is there such a thing?
Or is this worthless dribble in the absence of any real conversation?
It does show the inability to debate and up hold you side of the debate with new and interesting fact like Derek post do.
e.g.
Derek : quotes Scientific America
KK: You must own stock in irony meters.
LOL
No, derek quote mines, like you do, only he spams it ... well did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Eagle 12 226,338
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 46 min Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 6 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 10 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••