Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11177 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9470 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then just be content with that belief and leave us the f*ck alone.
We have stuff to do in the real world, while you're hallucinating and lying to your friends, family and complete strangers about a god that isn't really there.
Reported as abuse due to language.

Location hidden

#9471 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you have.
I have, many times, though.
You can't help others when you can't help yourself. Take care of your own problems and you will find there is more to handle than you can manage.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9472 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot even help yourself, much less others.
You must own stock in irony meters.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9474 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was playing with modern CGI+video software, using camera motion tracking, and did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_LGUBUWd29kXX
Easy is an understatement.:P
Very cool! I haven't even TRIED any video or full motion stuff ... just doctoring things up with Photoshop. A child (literally) can do it.

Location hidden

#9475 Dec 28, 2012
The included link concerns atheist negativity and how it is destroying them.

“Anti-something” movements are doomed, since they merely display negativity.

We must stand for what we believe, not for what we disbelieve.

So be positive, or be prepared to fail.

Excellent point.

http://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2007/09/...

Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9476 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reporting post to moderators.
Wow! All that AND a tattle-tell. You gotta take you licks if you wanna play with the big kids!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#9477 Dec 28, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Reported as abuse due to language.
What?

You don't like the word "hallucinating"?

Sensitive f*ck, aren't you.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9478 Dec 28, 2012
Wow

Location hidden

#9479 Dec 28, 2012
The below link is from Michael Ruse, atheist, authot, and philsopher of biology at Florida State University. In his conclusion, he makes the point of the damage atheists are doing in fighting to keep creationism out of public schools. He goes on to explain that the first ammendment doesn't ban teaching science in schools – but if atheists get it established that Creationism is SCIENCE rather than religion, then they are creating a problem for themselves which will work against them.

Also, he explains that if teaching that God exists is a religion, then it's also a religion to teach God does not exist.

He sees P.Z. Myers as a “disaster”, lol.

He also says that “The God Delusion”(book) made him “ashamed” to be an atheist.

Thank you, Mr. Ruse.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/scienceandthesacred...

Statements in this post were authored by the poster and are not copyrighted material.
KJV

United States

#9480 Dec 28, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Dim's anti-science cut and paste jobs only serve to show the strength and great successes of science.
That's like calling a car reck a great example of good driving.

You do know that if you can't come up with any real in put on a post that you don't have to post a response right?

Science fraud is a "great successes of science." LOL

Hello? Your brains chemical reaction and out puts have really let you down.

Location hidden

#9481 Dec 28, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! All that AND a tattle-tell. You gotta take you licks if you wanna play with the big kids!
Look back thru the forum, Hill, and see who made remarks about reporting me. I wasn't the one to report other posters, until they reported my posts.

And to everyone: I will summarize copyrighted material in my own words and provide the links. It is not necessary that I copy and paste the material. But the points will still be made, and the links will still be provided.

And I will report any post considered abusive. I may or may not post notice to the forum which posts I have reported to Topix.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9482 Dec 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>I have a email box full of evidence written to me by people you know that thought I was a good one to load with knowledge about you because they are too close to you and didn't need the aggravation but saw that I didn't take your crap so they emailed me the proof.
What?
KJV

United States

#9483 Dec 28, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>"There", as the bard said, "is the rub".

Dim's religion is overflowing with fraud, failure and chicanery.

Of course he'll never admit to that
Dark matter? Did some one say Dark matter? Khatru you're clueless as to what's going on in dark matter.

"The Soudan Underground Laboratory.( In one of Minnesota's deepest Iron mines ) is a general-purpose science facility, which provides the deep underground environment required by a variety of sensitive experiments. The Lab currently hosts two large projects: MINOS, which investigates elusive and poorly understood particles called neutrinos; and CDMS II, a "dark-matter" experiment which may help explain how galaxies are formed. Both were built for basic research - exploring how the universe works - but similar efforts have spawned practical (if unforeseen) byproducts, including the world-wide web and even advanced medical imaging techniques."

"The Gopher (University of Minnesota) ecosystem is often regarded as the effective predecessor of the World Wide Web."

Location hidden

#9484 Dec 28, 2012
Title of book:

“The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions “

Author:
David Berlinski
Mr. Berlinski has a PhD from Princeton University. He's also written:“A Tour of the Calculus”,“The Advent of the Algorithm”, and “Newton’s Gift.”

Mr. Berlinski writes about the rise of “Millitant Atheism”. He writs that Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, and Christopher Hitchens have created a “stream” of best sellers against religious belief and how their works are also influencing the scientific community. Mr. Berlinski writes of how they are creating problems for science when they do this, and goes on to explore the many limitations of science.

Mr. Berlinski is very knowledgeable in science and how he approaches the subject.

Read the commentary acclaim and great reviews that follow.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Delusion-Atheism...

KJV

United States

#9485 Dec 28, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>It's never been proven true, either.

Which makes the existence of your god equally as likely as any other deity that humans worship.

We all know that you believe in the god of the Bible. We also know that you don't believe everything the Bible says.
Untrue. You believe all you want but the Bible has at lest 2000 things over all you gods that you keep trying to throw up on pedestals.

"Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors.

(The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!"

Unlike your sad attempt at putting other gods as the Bibles Gods equal.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9486 Dec 28, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>If you go by the knowledge of 2000 years ago, planets were considered to be wandering stars. of course, the stars were also on a crystalline shell encircling the earth.

[QUOTE]And this video does explain it.
Nothing further needs to be said
I has researched and watched the video
I've made my decision.
You have not so you make an uneducated choice. "

Looks to me like *you* made the uneducated choice. By not knowing anything of how planets and stars actually work, you don't see how the phenomena of the Bethlehem story are simply impossible.

Example: how does a star appear 'above' a specific location for a day?
This guy is amazing.

Location hidden

#9487 Dec 28, 2012
The link below reports atheist propaganda concerning “The Guinea Worm”

As explained within the material, God did not create all things. Many of the harmful diseases we have today came from man's disobedience to God. Science fails to recognize this, as well.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/The-Guinea-Wor...

KJV

United States

#9488 Dec 28, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>These "ancients" could not tell the differences between stars, planets or comets in the night sky. Yet, you insist they could accurately identify "Almighty God" come to Earth in Human form?

Gullible much?
I don't you do. At the time of Jesus birth the word planet meant wandering star.
If you read the Bible you must use the words definitive in that day that they were penned.

Location hidden

#9489 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You must own stock in irony meters.
If I was all alone on a road 500 miles from any other human and my car broke down, and you stopped to offer help, I would decline.

Location hidden

#9490 Dec 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is amazing.
Yes, his lack of comprehension is amazing. That's why you relate to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Regolith Based Li... 27,749
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min IB DaMann 58,725
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,971
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 214
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... 11 hr Lawrence Wolf 125
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 14 hr Dogen 2,083
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... Mon Amused 65
More from around the web