Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#9370 Dec 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>There's no proof of god in your post, try again liar.
You love talking about proof.

Atheist : The BELIEVE that no God or gods exist.

You're a self acclaimed atheist so where is your proof. You believe in something so back it up. Show me the proof!
KJV

United States

#9371 Dec 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we love you so much that we actually tell you, instead of the 99% of people that politely nod and smile as they walk away from your deluded a$$.
I don't know why it is that when I see the name Skeptic I keep reading it as Septic tank!
KJV

United States

#9372 Dec 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Before you attempt and fail to attack science, try proving your bulsh*t god there first you poor fool.
Again sir king of the atheist where is you proof of your faith?

Septic tank. LOL
KJV

United States

#9373 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you are away that planet means wondering star correct?

So it was a Star.

And this video does explain it.
Nothing further needs to be said
I has researched and watched the video
I've made my decision.

You have not so you make an uneducated choice.
Aware not away
KJV

United States

#9374 Dec 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Only if you're stuck in the first century, before they realized that the "wandering stars" were actually not stars. In fact, that was when they realized our planet was also a planet.
Never the less their name has the meaning wandering star.
Sorry you don't like the facts.
KJV

United States

#9375 Dec 26, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I am quite familiar with the difference. Astrology is using the stars to foretell the future. Astronomy is the science of planets, stars, galaxies, etc in space. The star of Bethlehem story is an example of astrology, not astronomy.

[QUOTE]I already have you a source that does a good job of explaining it.
Many many places in the Bible it tell of the the earthy events being shown in the stars. Not controlled by the stars just told by the stars.(astrology verses astronomy)
"

Earthly events being 'told by the stars' is astrology also.
Wrong go back and study you have things all screwed up in your head.
KJV

United States

#9376 Dec 26, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>If you go by the knowledge of 2000 years ago, planets were considered to be wandering stars. of course, the stars were also on a crystalline shell encircling the earth.

[QUOTE]And this video does explain it.
Nothing further needs to be said
I has researched and watched the video
I've made my decision.
You have not so you make an uneducated choice. "

Looks to me like *you* made the uneducated choice. By not knowing anything of how planets and stars actually work, you don't see how the phenomena of the Bethlehem story are simply impossible.

Example: how does a star appear 'above' a specific location for a day?
Laughing to hard to continue!
KJV

United States

#9377 Dec 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>That's why you're an idiot - you're selling us a god that isn't really there.

I think you're posting here in the atheist forum, because you doubt your beliefs.

It's ok. Many former theists have come to terms with the fact that they have no proof of god. They realised that its immoral to sell god to atheists when there's a no proof.

Obviously you haven't grown up that far yet and are still afraid of things that aren't really there.
Where is that proof of your faith?
KJV

United States

#9378 Dec 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics

Christianity is atheism.
You've lost all credibility!
KJV

United States

#9379 Dec 26, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Septic wants someone to convert him to "human".
I'm sure he does but like all atheist their stuck being monkeys.
KJV

United States

#9380 Dec 26, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>So then explain to me what scientific explanation I missed.

All you have to do is explain the science that would allow this to actually happen, but you can't do it. Instead you defer to some lame piece of apologetic that does a lot a hand waving but offers NO actual science.

I'll repeat, a star cannot ever guide someone to any specific location on this planet. It is impossible.
Did you see any of the video?
It's all explain even in terms you should understand.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9381 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't want to convert you!
What are you nuts?
You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones.
For anyone who was curious as to why everyone calls KJV a Poe...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9382 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a email box full of evidence written to me by people you know that thought I was a good one to load with knowledge about you because they are too close to you and didn't need the aggravation but saw that I didn't take your crap so they emailed me the proof.
Proof of what? I see no evidence to support any of your assertions yet, and now you say you have proof of an assertion you are unwilling to even make.

Basically, it's your christian terrorism again, can't threaten with "hell" because we know that's not real, so you move onto other types of threats. Lying for your god, if your god was real, it would hate you more than it would hate any atheist.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9383 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Never the less their name has the meaning wandering star.
Sorry you don't like the facts.
Wow, you just don't care about facts, you want to live in your fantasy world so much that you are willing to ignore all facts that put it at risk. Too funny.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9384 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all. Really great stuff!
Amazing in fact that the sky's did just
As the writing said they would.
A bright object appears in the sky. 2000 years ago they would have called it a star or spirit even if it was not an actual star. Today they would call it an alien spacecraft, exact same ignorance, just different imaginations.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9385 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You've lost all credibility!
Says the guy who thinks that incest was ok because it wasn't vetoed by his god.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9386 Dec 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who thinks that incest was ok because it wasn't vetoed by his god.
Now, now...be nice. Otherwise, KJV will be savoring the wafting aroma of your burning flesh for all eternity...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9387 Dec 26, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
If one holds something imaginary in awe, the imagined object of the awe is imaginary, but the awe is real.
If not, he did not hold it in awe.
So, you are being self-contradictory - claiming it is held in awe and it is not held in awe.
Wow! Did y'all cover "self-contradictory" in Bible Study over the Xmas holidays? Sure be a good place for it! LOL
KJV

United States

#9388 Dec 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Proof of what? I see no evidence to support any of your assertions yet, and now you say you have proof of an assertion you are unwilling to even make.

Basically, it's your christian terrorism again, can't threaten with "hell" because we know that's not real, so you move onto other types of threats. Lying for your god, if your god was real, it would hate you more than it would hate any atheist.
Still hating your God I see.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#9389 Dec 26, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Still hating your God I see.
You cannot hate something you know does not exist. Why do you hate Zeus? Why do you hate Cthulhu?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 45 min Uncle Sam 729
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 235,590
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 4,782
Reply to an Atheist on the terms freethough and... 2 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr EdSed 319
Well that's religitards for you... 5 hr EdSed 2
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr Denisova 16,707
More from around the web