Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11178 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9168 Dec 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written? Again I ask you to back up your claim. But atheist do not have to do that do they?
LOL! What a feeb!

In the "Show me this god of love", thread on Sunday December 16, 2012 barely 8 days ago, I posted "Would it matter to you if you were penalized for doing something that you did not know there was a rule against doing? Like when your god makes you cook and eat your children, will it perturb you that there is law against it? Will you argue that your god's word, trumps that of our secular laws. It might be you in the corner next time.".

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Your response was >>> Please produce your Proof that God commanded parents to eat their own children.<<.

Then back to my response, which was >>
I didn't say he did. I said he would. Why don't you know your own filthy book?

In Leviticus 26:29, he owns it.

Several places in the buybull he threatens to make other people, make you so desperate that you will eat your children, but in Leviticus, he flat out owns it.

Now there are several things in the bible like this, that your Ju-Ju man will not go out of his way to point out, because as long as you are paying tithes, he has no reason to.
But should the dollars begin to diminish, he will have to pull out the big guns. Of course he knows his audience, and will use what is most likely to work. Luckily there is much to choose from. Scare tactics is the most used, tool in his bag. <<<.

then back to you >>> "Why don't you know your own filthy book?"

The fact is I do know it that is why I called you on it. You can't see that?
That's over your head?

WOW.

That post says you have gotten the answer at least once before now. So it appears that you may not be the sock with memory cells? But just in case let's go on to the next post,

it's mine >>> You called me on it? Yeah ya did, and I opened that filthy tome to exactly what you are trying to pretend is not there. YOUR GOD WILL MAKE YOU EAT YOUR CHILDREN!

R.P. wrote: I didn't say he did. I said he would. Why don't you know your own filthy book?

Several places in the buybull he threatens to make other people, make you so desperate that you will eat your children, but in Leviticus, he flat out owns it.

Now there are several things in the bible like this, that your Ju-Ju man will not go out of his way to point out, because as long as you are paying tithes, he has no reason to.
But should the dollars begin to diminish, he will have to pull out the big guns. Of course he knows his audience, and will use what is most likely to work. Luckily there is much to choose from. Scare tactics is the most used, tool in his bag.
" Why don't you know your own filthy book?" <<<.

Earth,TX

#9170 Dec 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry God does not do as you wish!
Of course he does. Haven't you read the buybull anything you ask in his name (no other qualification) anything, it shall be done. Ha, ha! He is god on a string if we wish, either that or he is a liar.

Earth,TX

#9171 Dec 24, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Biblically speaking it is your creator god who makes parents eat their children, he also is always quick to bring about any human death possible. Are you him? Atheist have no such loving creator, who must be obeyed or he will burn you for an eternity. Just think a billion, billion plus lifetimes of agony unless your fry Junior, when told to.
Lucky you, well then it is just how it is, some people have all the luck. Do you need recipes, the Baptists have them by the carload, the same way they have children. Have you ever noticed there is a new addition to most of their families annually, but by the time all are grown, there are usually no more than 5 or 6 left.
Can you say on the ground dinners?
Yummy, it's the Twins Best Stir-fry again, by the way it sure is quiet with Rory and Jory off to camp, how long has it been now, 6- 8 months?
correction " unless you fry Junior, when told to".

Earth,TX

#9172 Dec 24, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kat, I'm not at all sad. You brighten my day. I can only imagine how embarrassed you've felt since ignoramous RP exposed your lies. Left you out in the cold shivering and naked with nothing to say for yourself, lol.
Who knows, maybe RP is a closet Theist and she got drunk and mixed up and thought you were too.
She sure didn't do you any favors!
LMAO
Do you need someone to read it to you?

Earth,TX

#9173 Dec 24, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a neat post.
The Baptists would fall over laughing.
Write us some more jokes.
And remember to keep doing your excellent research on Khatru's posts; lmao
Khatru LOVES you, and so do I.
Liar

Earth,TX

#9174 Dec 24, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I see it's about that time.
Yep, it sure is.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9175 Dec 24, 2012
<quoted text>LOL! What a feeb!
In the "Show me this god of love", thread on Sunday December 16, 2012 barely 8 days ago, I posted "Would it matter to you if you were penalized for doing something that you did not know there was a rule against doing? Like when your god makes you cook and eat your children, will it perturb you that there is law against it? Will you argue that your god's word, trumps that of our secular laws. It might be you in the corner next time.".
Your response was >>> Please produce your Proof that God commanded parents to eat their own children.<<.
Then back to my response, which was >>
I didn't say he did. I said he would. Why don't you know your own filthy book?
But should the dollars begin to diminish, he will have to pull out the big guns. Of course he knows his audience, and will use what is most likely to work. Luckily there is much to choose from. Scare tactics is the most used, tool in his bag. <<<.
then back to you >>> "Why don't you know your own filthy book?"
The fact is I do know it that is why I called you on it. You can't see that?
That's over your head?
WOW.
That post says you have gotten the answer at least once before now. So it appears that you may not be the sock with memory cells? But just in case let's go on to the next post,
it's mine >>> You called me on it? Yeah ya did, and I opened that filthy tome to exactly what you are trying to pretend is not there. YOUR GOD WILL MAKE YOU EAT YOUR CHILDREN!
R.P. wrote: I didn't say he did. I said he would. Why don't you know your own filthy book?
But should the dollars begin to diminish, he will have to pull out the big guns. Of course he knows his audience, and will use what is most likely to work. Luckily there is much to choose from. Scare tactics is the most used, tool in his bag.
" Why don't you know your own filthy book?" <<<.
Excellent post, which will no doubt be ignored by KJV.

It's also a fine illustration of the willful blindness that afflicts xtians.

There's no getting away from the fact that the imaginary deity as described in the Bible is a moral monster. I guess it explains why people like Dim and KJV think that consigning innocent children to be eaten is indicative of a loving god.

Nottingham, UK

#9176 Dec 24, 2012
<quoted text>Of course he does. Haven't you read the buybull anything you ask in his name (no other qualification) anything, it shall be done. Ha, ha! He is god on a string if we wish, either that or he is a liar.
Lol!

According to KJV, the majority of the world's population is made up of xtians.

That's a lot of collective faith that has failed to move one single mountain.

Nottingham, UK

#9177 Dec 24, 2012
<quoted text>Liar
That he is.

Dim claims to read all the links he posts.

That is most definitely a lie.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9178 Dec 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggestion not taken!
'Cause you got NOTHING brother! That silence you hear is your God busy not existing.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9179 Dec 24, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They don't believe the Bible, but pretend to want to discuss it. The public needs to be learn this is just a ploy.
That's just it ... the bible takes a LOT of discussing to try and make sense of it. There's "bible study" and Sunday School, there's theologians and preachers, there's sermons and Red Letter additions, there's interpretations and concordances and New Modern Additions that try to spell it out in plain English. You shouldn't have to "believe the bible", it should be clear. But it's not. It was written by primitives to explain something they didn't understand to people who couldn't read. It's about 98% nonsense and the other 2% is boring. Suck it up!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9180 Dec 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
There was what was called the star of Bethlehem. It's in all the computer star chart programs. Follows the bible to a tee!
OK, tell me which 'computer star chart' you are using and what date this star is supposed to be in the sky.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9181 Dec 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are incorrect. The wise men took months and maybe a year or two to get to meet Jesus.
The 'wise men' were Chaldean astrologers. They were reading the position of the planets to make predictions. This was accepted at the time. We now know it to be garbage.
The star of Bethlehem was over Bethlehem leading the wise men
Exactly on December 25.
This sentence alone shows a remarkable lack of understanding of basic astronomy. Stars do not move in the sky. They are not 'above' a particular location on a particular day (perhaps at a specific time--down to the second). Instead, a couple of planets had a justaposition in a constellation that the *astrologers* interpreted as being royal in nature.
It's right there in all your astronomy computer programs. You roll it back and the Star if Bethlehem is right there staring you in the face.
Garbage. Which program?*None* that are professionally done have anything like this.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9182 Dec 24, 2012
It's in the middle of Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Lol!

Seriously moving stars and star alignment factor so much into the pre Christian Hellenistic religion I am surprised they would steal that as well.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, tell me which 'computer star chart' you are using and what date this star is supposed to be in the sky.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9183 Dec 24, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>This sentence alone shows a remarkable lack of understanding of basic astronomy. Stars do not move in the sky.
Why do stars move across the sky?

Answer:

“They seem to move as the earth turns. Their apparent motion is illusory. They DO actually move, however, but they are so far away that their motion can only be determined over long time periods with very precise instruments.

Keep in mind, however, that all stars are actually moving: stars move around in response to the gravity of other stars and material within and around the galaxy. All the stars are rotating around the center of the galaxy and the galaxy itself is moving in relation to other galaxies. However, almost none of this motion is fast enough over the scale of distance involved for us to notice it within our lifetimes.”
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_stars_move_a...

Location hidden

#9184 Dec 24, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This sentence alone shows a remarkable lack of understanding of basic astronomy. Stars do not move in the sky.

“If you look at the night sky carefully you might notice that the stars seem to rise and set just like the sun and moon do. Do stars move in reality? This question doesn’t have a straight forward answer since it can be answered in different ways. The first way it can be answered is do they move in the same way that ancient astronomers thought that the sun and moon in regards to their rising and setting at the horizon. The other way is how they move in the universe.

For the first answer, stars don’t really move when we observe them. The motions are pretty stationary just like the sun. The only reason they seem to move to the casual observer on Earth is that the Earth rotates. So basically, when the part of the Earth facing the sun starts turning away it looks like stars are rising above the horizon. Another piece of evidence is that not all stars set. In ancient times people came up with myths to explain this. The story of Ursa Major and Minor tells us that the constellations never set below the horizon because of the disfavor of the goddess Hera. However the real explanation is that these stars are near the north polar star so rotation does not affect their appearance as much as other constellations.

The second answer is that in a more general sense that stars do move. The simple fact is that due to gravity every object in space moves. The reason that things seem stationary is because of relative motion and frame of reference. Relative motion means that celestial object tend to move at the same speeds. We only notice them moving if their relative velocity is different from ours. Stars move due to being in their own unique orbits around the center of the galaxy. In real time speed the move very quickly but because every other star moves at around the same speed we never notice how quickly we move. The other fact is that as fast as stars move the distance the cover is even bigger. What is fast to us on Earth is a snail’s pace in the larger universe.

In the end we see that the answer to the question “Do stars move?” depends on the frame of reference and our understanding of motion in the wider universe. So when you next time you look up at the night sky know that the stars are moving but not in the way most people think.
http://www.universetoday.com/85730/do-stars-m...

Location hidden

#9185 Dec 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I enjoy pointing out the obvious. You have nothing to say either, yet you spam the forums with what you don't say all the time.
You enjoy pointing out that you have nothing to contribute?[Notice the word “either” that you used, lol.] Thanks.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9186 Dec 24, 2012
Define "sky".
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do stars move across the sky?
Answer:
“They seem to move as the earth turns. Their apparent motion is illusory. They DO actually move, however, but they are so far away that their motion can only be determined over long time periods with very precise instruments.
Keep in mind, however, that all stars are actually moving: stars move around in response to the gravity of other stars and material within and around the galaxy. All the stars are rotating around the center of the galaxy and the galaxy itself is moving in relation to other galaxies. However, almost none of this motion is fast enough over the scale of distance involved for us to notice it within our lifetimes.”
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_stars_move_a...

Location hidden

#9187 Dec 24, 2012
<quoted text>For someone who didn't consider them worthy of a first reading, you definitively used the hell out of his posted ingredients without having any idea of what was being cooked: Your goose and your god that time, thanks for helping to accomplish just that, and also for making it so memorable.
Thanks for showing us Khatru's post on how he thought of worms burrowing in and out of the eye sockets of his dead in-law as he attended the funeral. I appreciate the way you keep reminding us of your mistake in going against him by dredging it up over and over.

If Khatru will ever forgive you, maybe he will let you assist him in his hymn writing.

Location hidden

#9188 Dec 24, 2012
<quoted text>Do you need someone to read it to you?
I think you and Khatru are just alike – you love worms and dead in-laws, and hymns, don't you? LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr I Am No One_ 9,350
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr thetruth 19,776
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 2 hr thetruth 38
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 243,324
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 3 hr knight of Jesus 521
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 5 hr huh 6,214
Disney Buys The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latte... (Nov '12) 11 hr millertr1 5
More from around the web