Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8306 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You clicked your reply button to one of my posts, but your comments are addressed to the content of a web page, not to me. This is a waste of my time, and a pointless exercise on your part.
Again, Just a reminder to everyone in the forum: The atheists in the forum are unknowns and not creditable, therefore I have no interest in their objections to web page material. Should they have any concerns, they may contact the publisher at the link provided.
I've already stated that I couldn't care less what you think and it really doesn't matter to me whether you read my posts or not.

You're the one who lacks originality of thought, which explains why you keep on setting up your cut + paste posts.

Carry on then Dim and we'll carry on knocking them down.

Nottingham, UK

#8307 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
From The Guardian
Dim's last six posts are great examples of how science will eventually weed out the frauds and charlatans.

Unlike Christianity which thrives on chicanery and dishonesty.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#8308 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly: Atheists have no rules or moral requirements, so they can judge others but use a book (the bible) which they say they don't believe in to condemn others for “allegedly” judging.
LMAO
So, they use the bible when it serves their purpose, then when it does not serve their purpose, they say it doesn't apply. I see. That sounds like the typical atheist logic, okay.
Your post provides us excellent proof of atheist inconsistency, and your own personal inconsistency and corruption.
Entire libraries are filled with books of rules and moral guidelines that serve us all. Institutions, governments and industries have been devised to create, organize, implement and regulate our collective rules and morality. Your bible served the purpose, darkly, for quite a long time. We have found it inadequate. It's over. Deal with it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8309 Dec 12, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I understand the math of it happening, I just don't believe those odds would ever come about. Just because it can't be ruled out 100% doesn't mean it would ever happen.
Because leprechauns can't be ruled out 100% means there is one under your bed right now.

Since pink unicorns can't be ruled out 100%, people must be riding them to work all the time.

You cannot apply a standard to one thing, and not everything else. If you state that Jesus "could" exist and therefore you are believing it did, then denying something that actually is a 100% reality, such as evolution, you are being a hypocrite.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#8310 Dec 12, 2012
Have you noticed some fuckwit in Australia is posting as you?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because leprechauns can't be ruled out 100% means there is one under your bed right now.
Since pink unicorns can't be ruled out 100%, people must be riding them to work all the time.
You cannot apply a standard to one thing, and not everything else. If you state that Jesus "could" exist and therefore you are believing it did, then denying something that actually is a 100% reality, such as evolution, you are being a hypocrite.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8311 Dec 12, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Have you noticed some fuckwit in Australia is posting as you?
<quoted text>
Yes, and imitation as mockery is a severely high form of flattery, as well as a sign of obsession. ;)

You can tell the difference, I'm green, that which is not me is gray.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8312 Dec 12, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

With that in mind, how can you say that a prophet is false?
It depends how you define a prophet.

If you define a prophet as some one who speaks on behalf of God to the whole world and brings people closer to Christ then a false prophet would be some one who does not bring people closer to Christ.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8313 Dec 12, 2012
I think churches would be much nicer places to visit if they didn't always build them in graveyards.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always enjoy your humorous posts. Keep up your great work. Your statement is absurd and proves how meaningless you are.

Nottingham, UK

#8314 Dec 12, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends how you define a prophet.
If you define a prophet as some one who speaks on behalf of God to the whole world and brings people closer to Christ then a false prophet would be some one who does not bring people closer to Christ.
Ah, so it's a case of your *truths* are better than everyone else's?

And that prophecy isn't about making accurate future predictions at all?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#8315 Dec 12, 2012
If they can't frame an argument without cheating, you know they're full of it.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and imitation as mockery is a severely high form of flattery, as well as a sign of obsession. ;)
You can tell the difference, I'm green, that which is not me is gray.

Nottingham, UK

#8316 Dec 12, 2012
swerty wrote:
I think churches would be much nicer places to visit if they didn't always build them in graveyards. <quoted text>
Here in Nottingham we know how to get the best use from our churches...

http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/where-are-we/N...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#8317 Dec 12, 2012
Great looking pub. We should be able to get more of those soon.

This was my town "local" when I lived near Banbury.

www.churchhousebanbury.co.uk/
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Nottingham we know how to get the best use from our churches...
http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/where-are-we/N...

Nottingham, UK

#8318 Dec 12, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Great looking pub. We should be able to get more of those soon.
This was my town "local" when I lived near Banbury.
www.churchhousebanbury.co.uk/
<quoted text>
Brilliant!

Another defunct Christian building gets put to good use.

Here's one of my regular haunts. Sometimes it gets a bit touristy and I guess its claim to being the oldest pub in the land is debatable.

http://www.triptojerusalem.com/ye-olde-trip-t...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#8319 Dec 12, 2012
I've seen this somewhere on the web before. What a superb looking lounge. And yes, yet another "oldest pub in England". There's only about 100 of them.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
Another defunct Christian building gets put to good use.
Here's one of my regular haunts. Sometimes it gets a bit touristy and I guess its claim to being the oldest pub in the land is debatable.
http://www.triptojerusalem.com/ye-olde-trip-t...
KJV

United States

#8320 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>KJV, this is not directed at you, I simply chose your post as one to reply to concerning your comment about news articles from The New York Times.

Atheists reject news articles unless those articles are favorable to science or atheism.

BUT: Have I ever posted anything that contained an error? Probably so.

[Especially when I posted web pages authored by atheists, lol.]

So what? Do I see “errors” posted by atheists in here? Yes – errors, lies, and stupidity. Every day.

Authors of web pages, undoubtedly including some I have posted along the way, aren't perfect. Is anyone? But did I find those pages of interest? Yes.(All of them were far more interesting to me than any atheist post I ever read in this forum.) Did some of you find them boring? Yes. Most of what I post doesn't please atheists, and that doesn't trouble me in the least - I couldn't care less. I'm not here to please atheists.

Did I put my stamp of endorsement on every quoted link I ever posted, or did I refer the forum participants back to the source? I have repeatedly referred them back to the source.

I am not interested in other poster's critiques of web material. I didn't author the material.

However, I have posted many news accounts from reliable sources, and each time I provided the links. Unless someone can provide a link which proves a news story was wrong, don't bother me with your trivial rebuttals because your attempts to re-write news carry no weight.

Of the hundreds of posts I've made from all kinds of reputable sources, it is astounding that the atheists have disputed and (in their misguided opinion) discredited every single post,

.... including my posts they “say” they “don't read and scroll past”,

.... including all the news stories of scientists going to prison for fraud as reported in The New York Times,

.... including all the misconduct and retracted science papers reported by respectable science journals,

....including all the the scientific misconduct and fraud reported by government investigatory agencies,

and lately.... including all the statistics on the number of Christians worldwide
and the dramatic growth of Christianity in China and other nations ...

.... all facts denied and overturned by our “expert atheists”.

NOT HARDLY!!!!

LMAO
Agreed! I have seen about 30 to 50 % lies from a few of these posters.

They have no real ammo so they are starving. They take anything they can, they are very big on typo's also. Typical children.

Keep on posting Derek.
KJV

United States

#8321 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's ASSUME that's true. What does that prove, exactly? That Christianity is declining, as the Bible prophesied it would in the end time?[Yes.]

“You should know that being in the minority doesn't mean you're wrong. What percentage of the population did Noah and his family make up?“
LMAO

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8324 Dec 12, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have morals. These come from our parents and upbringing, from evolution, and from the secular societies in which we live.
Now. You claim to be a Christian. You should follow the rules of that club. That is the point I am making.
So we should find on this forum visiting Christians blessing us, praying for us, showing brotherly love. Instead what do we get. Blowhards who bash others who dont believe in their silly myths. And wackos who think the KJV is the word of Gawd.
Blessing you for what?

Brotherly love is to brethren, not blasphemers.

No, that's not what my Bible tells Christians to do.

Matthew 10:14

Matthew 7:6
KJV

United States

#8325 Dec 12, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Lies, damned lies and atheists in prison

October 6, 2008

There are some statistics that atheists love to repeat. One of them is this:“About 8-16% of America’s population are atheists, but only 0.21% of the prison population are.”

This page is apparently their source for that. It gives the numbers for prison inmates, and their reported religious groupings, on 5 March 1997.(I wonder why do no atheist ever mention a more recent study? Is this particular 11-year old study the one with results that best match their agenda?)

But wait a minute. These numbers apparently also say that 19,7% of the prisoners population chose not to answer this question, or was perhaps not asked, or perhaps just ticked a box named “other religious view” without naming their view in it. Now, the prisoners that were not asked are probably not much different from anyone else. We do not know how many of those were numbered in the sample.

But the prisoners who chose not to answer? It make perfect sense that an atheist will be less likely to honestly answer that question.(It may indirectly affect his chances for parole, for instance.) And with a tick box for “Catholic” or “Muslim”, but none for atheist, it is likely that some atheists will be among those who just tick “other” without filling in the word atheist.

The people who chose not to answer could, fairly speaking, include anything from absolutely no atheists at all to all atheists, without exception. Atheists could, if these statistics were accurate, anything between 0,21% and 19,95% of the prison population in the USA. Since many (probably the mayority of) people who do not believe in God or the supernatural- fail to identify themselves with the label of “atheist”, you could assume their true number will be higher.(And Catholics, for example, could be anything between 38,16 and 58%. But it is unlikely that someone would hide his religion from prison authorities. I therefore hold that the number of Catholics will be closer to the former.)

Apparently the “atheists are 8-16 % of the US population” do not hold up to scrutiny either. Other studies claim that 98% of Americans believe in God, and that only 4% of them have no religion.(Note: Numbers for “no religion” or even “unbelief in God” do not equate, even closely, to self-claimed atheism. Many non-religious disbelievers in God would not label themselves as atheists. Using- and grossly inflating- the percentage of unbelievers in America for atheists in the general population, while using only self-proclaimed atheists for the prison atheists, is intellectually dishonest.)

Statement 1: The percentage of atheists in America is, at most, only 1/4 to 1/8 as many as the statistic users tell us.

Statement 2: The atheists in prison may be up to 95 times as many as reported.(The difference between 0,21% and [19,7+0,21]%)

Conclusion: It seems very hard to conclude that atheists are under-represented in American prisons. They may, or may not, have failed to mention their atheism to authorities. In other words, the statistics are inconclusive.
http://christianrethinker.wordpress.com/2008/...
You know Langoliers was first to start really hammering in the tiny percentage that is truly atheist. I've felt the need to keep reminding them of the world wide percentage that is truly theirs. They just don't like to stare at those low number facts. They want to believe that many are joining their group when they are really just onlookers like family's at the zoo. They want to see the people who want to be monkeys. LOL

Location hidden

#8326 Dec 12, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop spamming these forums with your horsesh*t creationist propoganda nonsense.
Nobody belives your bullsh*t religion. We laugh when you claims that fossil's arent real and that the earth is 6000 years old.
Go back to the discovery institute and tell them you failed to convert any atheists here you lying sack of sh*t with no proof of god and no morals.
Do my posts offend you?

I hope so.

First of all, I don't post to your specifications.

Secondly, I wasn't aware that news accounts from The Wall Street Journal (the post I made that you're replying to) concerning science fraud had anything to do with creationism.

Location hidden

#8327 Dec 12, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. You're always wrong. You do know that, don't you Dim?
You posted a link - you got that bit right.
You then took passages of text from the article you linked to and tried to pass them off as quotes from Richard Dawkins.
Bad move when the article was authored by some non-entity called Miles Mathis and the quotes you falsely and deliberately attributed to Dawkins were actually made by Mathis.
Liar
Is The Wall Street Journal always wrong? How about The New York Times? How about the science journals? They're ALL wrong? Are you going to let them know, lol?

You get real hot when you lose. I'd hate to be downwind of you because I know that perspiration of yours stinks. But thanks for whining and giving us a good demo of how angry you get when you're making no points, as usual. I struck a nerve, your post shows it, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 37 min Gillette 15
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 43 min Reason Personified 14,440
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min waaasssuuup 231,868
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 57 min Gillette 963
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 3 hr thetruth 5
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 3 hr thetruth 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr thetruth 22

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE