Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11177 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8193 Dec 11, 2012
Common Lies Spread By Atheists

When atheists speak they are almost incapable of not telling lies.

If atheists are not intentionally telling lies then this means that they are just so stupid, idiotic, gullible, and ignorant that they foolishly believe anything they hear in the low-life atheist media.

No one really knows why the atheist media intentionally spreads lies.

continued:

The only time you’ll hear positive things about religion is in actual historical documentations and journals, not in the low-life liberal atheist media.

It’s time for me expose many common lies that have been spread by atheists.

Lie: Historians believe that “The Dark Ages” was a terrible time of superstition that held back the growth of science

Truth: Modern historians don’t believe in the “Dark Ages” as portrayed in the liberal atheist media and the “Dark Ages” is what lead up to the scientific revolution.

Lie: During The “Dark Ages” people were killed for doing science

Truth: No one was killed specifically for doing science in the history of the scientific revolution. People were executed for being heretics and for political reasons, but not for doing science.

Lie: The Church prohibited autopsies and dissections

Truth: Church leaders ordered autopsies and they were carried out regularly from at least the 13th Century.

Lie: Most Science is due to the ancient Greeks

Truth: The Greeks never did science, they did pseudoscience and mathematics, the scientific revolution began when people stopped following Greek philosophers.

Lie: During the middle ages the Church taught that the Earth was flat

Truth: The vast majority of medieval Christian scholars believed that the Earth was spherical and round.

Lie: The Church and religion had prevented methodological naturalism and encouraged belief in magic and the “supernatural”

Truth: The Church was the main cause of methodological naturalism

Lie: Religion teaches people not to seek knowledge

Truth: The Church and religion had encouraged reason and to seek knowledge.

Lie: Giordano Bruno was executed for doing science
Lie: Giordano Bruno’s contributions were significant to the scientific revolution

Truth: Giordano Bruno was not executed for doing science and Bruno made no significant contributions that are relevant to the scientific revolution.

Lie: Galileo was the main person who solidified the heliocentric model

Truth: Newton was the one who solidified the heliocentric model, with Galileo’s contributions alone it would be difficult to distinguish geoheliocentric and heliocentric models.

Continued – many more lies within the link:
http://itsnobody.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/com...

[“My suggestion to atheists: Stop doing science, go home and focus on food, water, and shelter since everything that lead up to the scientific revolution would’ve been viewed as philosophical nonsense and a waste of time to you. Who can be as disgusting as an atheist? They’ve always threatened scientific and technological progress from the very beginning.”]
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8194 Dec 11, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I feel it would have been nice had God taken you out, but he knows what's best. He allows you your few moments on earth and lets you blaspheme him all you want, then he just roasts you for eternity, lol.
Empty threats. Hell is imaginary.

Location hidden

#8195 Dec 11, 2012
re-posting so the it sinks in, lol:

".. to atheists: Stop doing science, go home and focus on food, water, and shelter since everything that lead up to the scientific revolution would’ve been viewed as philosophical nonsense and a waste of time to you. Who can be as disgusting as an atheist? They’ve always threatened scientific and technological progress from the very beginning."

HAHAHA

...and pick / eat your godless boogers, LMAO!!!!
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#8196 Dec 11, 2012
Work in progress!
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#8197 Dec 11, 2012
If your god's good I'll be just fine.

If not, you're f**ked too. He won't need you.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I feel it would have been nice had God taken you out, but he knows what's best. He allows you your few moments on earth and lets you blaspheme him all you want, then he just roasts you for eternity, lol. The plan is fairly simple – got it? He's in no hurry.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#8198 Dec 11, 2012
Can you get asbestos worms?
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
...the worms will love you.

Location hidden

#8199 Dec 11, 2012
MISCONDUCT IN SCIENCE:
DO SCIENTISTS NEED A PROFESSIONAL CODE OF ETHICS?
by: Vincent N. Hamner

“Discussions of misconduct in science have become prevalent in the literature. Fundamental texts regarding this subject have been published in recent years. Many of these case studies are primarily of historical interest. Within the past few decades however, many more instances have come under scrutiny. The ease by which information is exchanged today has allowed for the general public to become increasingly aware of supposedly "isolated instances" of misconduct in science.

A literature search using the key words "SCIENCE & FRAUD" on an INFOTRAC CD-ROM-based data system yielded over two-hundred and thirty citations regarding these topics during the years from 1988 to 1991. Typical citations in the popular literature were available for news-magazines and newspapers such as Time, Newsweek, The New York Times, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and U.S. News & World Report. Commonly cited science related publications included Science, Nature, New Scientist, Science News, Omni, Discover, and The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). Business related publications such as Forbes, Fortune Magazine, The Economist, and Business Week were cited as well. It would seem that discussions of "SCIENCE & FRAUD" in contemporary periodicals have become quite fashionable.
http://www.files.chem.vt.edu/chem-ed/ethics/v...

Location hidden

#8200 Dec 11, 2012
Vincent Hamner

Polarimetry, as applied to chemical analysis, deals with the determination of the extent and direction that an optically active chemical species will rotate incident linearly polarized light. Although well developed for physical sensing, the technique of fiber optic polarimetry for chemical sensing remains in its infancy. This thesis is concerned with the design and development of an optical fiber polarimeter which measures the optical rotation of linearly polarized light that occurs in a sensing region between two multi-mode optical fibers. Over short distances, the polarization preserving capabilities of large-core multi-mode optical fibers were investigated. Polarimetric analyses were performed using sucrose and quinine hydrochloride. The instrument has a resolution of O.O8·, and is an excellent platform for an LC or FIA detector. Its more intriguing future lies in evanescent field sensor applications and studies of chiroptical surface interactions.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/et...

Location hidden

#8201 Dec 11, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty threats. Hell is imaginary.
When it gets too hot in hell fer 'ya, put in a request for a drink of water, then take a number and wait your turn.

I got an email awhile ago and it showed that that the last number issued was 4,582,904,456,829,145.

The person being served now is number 204,278.

They are getting a drink of vinegar mixed with Tabasco and ammonia.

LMAO

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#8202 Dec 11, 2012
But I don't like spam!

Location hidden

#8203 Dec 11, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
But I don't like spam!
Ahhh.

Well, gee, we all have to put up with a few minor irritations. We have lots of spam in this forum - the red devil - for example, I skip all of his or her posts / spam.

And then, we have you for more spam....

But I have good news for you, Poly - I read ALL your posts.

Coming from me, that is a REAL compliment.

Hey, but don't let it go to your godless peabrain, since your posts mean nothing to me - but you shore do hang in there and try, don't ya?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8204 Dec 11, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it gets too hot in hell fer 'ya,
According to your mythology, God gets to decide who gets to heaven or hell.

Do you understand that, you are not a judge of anyone here. "Thou shalt not judge"

I know what you are.. a bat shit crazy fundie. Topix is a magnet for you people.(head slap)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#8205 Dec 11, 2012
Which is why the spambot needs to be reported and removed. He actually posts spoof stories and goth chick costume jewelry ads which are trying to be funny but he takes them seriously!

He has to rely on copy and paste spam because he has nothing to say but he lacks the IQ to even properly comprehend his own spam!

It would be one thing if he posted one to three max of this nonsense but instead he gets obnoxious posting and reposting 20-30 spam posts at a time.

Come on gang time to flush this turd already.
polymath257 wrote:
But I don't like spam!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8206 Dec 11, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
spam
Goodbye turd :)

flush

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#8207 Dec 11, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
But I don't like spam!
Sorry, that's what's on the menu, along with

Egg and Spam;
Egg, Bacon and Spam;
Egg, Bacon, sausage and Spam;
Spam, Bacon, sausage and Spam;
Spam, Egg, Spam, Spam, Bacon and Spam;
Spam, Spam, Spam, Egg and Spam;
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam;

AND

Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam
KJV

United States

#8208 Dec 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I would have liked a clearer denunciation of stoning people to death, and perhaps an explanation of why it had been considered moral in the past, but OK - I'll accept that. I will have to update my argument to reflect only things that Jesus DIDN'T correct.

Have you seen Monty Python on stoning for blasphemy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MIaORknS1DkXX
I think the point was made on stoning by how Jesus handled it. His answer had he simply said no more stoning would have left questions instead he answered with wisdom.

"Have you seen Monty Python on stoning for blasphemy? "

Yes and loved it.

Also: what else other then wood floats?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#8209 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying,“Avenge the people of Israel on the Midianites. Afterward you shall be gathered to your people.” So Moses spoke to the people, saying,“Arm men from among you for the war, that they may go against Midian to execute the Lord's vengeance on Midian. You shall send a thousand from each of the tribes of Israel to the war.” So there were provided, out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand from each tribe, twelve thousand armed for war....
Does this mean that you're not a moral relativist?

Watford, UK

#8210 Dec 11, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You little puppet could never do what I did. Your own squad would shoot you in the back the very first fire fight you ran into. Making comment like that above shows exactly the type of animal you claim to be. Thanks for putting it out there for everyone to see you for what you really are.
Actually, I thought it was pretty funny.

Ah well, you know what they say about Christians lacking a sense of humour.

Watford, UK

#8211 Dec 11, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
The end of time hasn't come yet....
Ok, that means I can be a prophet.

Watford, UK

#8212 Dec 11, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
No link, no proof. You didn't do your research, so you failed us once again.
What are you talking about?

You lied and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr IB DaMann 5,722
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 3 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 3 hr Richardfs 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Brian_G 23,592
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 hr Mintz4004 21,889
More from around the web