Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#8081 Dec 10, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I prefer to give you two fingers from my MacBook Pro's trackpad.
Would that be on the same evolutionary branch?
KJV

United States

#8082 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think they can spell delusional.
Ya that would explain the original post.

"KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you're knocking them down!
LMAO
How do you spell delusional? Khatru"

Oh wait there it is the word we don't know how to spell!

Maybe is should have read
How do you spell delusional? Atheist.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8083 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you can't get over the fact that god isn't real.

Debating people who don't believe in your hallucinations isn't going to suddenly make them real...

Maybe you should question why you are trying to convert intelligent people who can see through your proven religious fraud?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8084 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So are there particular characters I should notice and correct before hitting post?
Thank you.
Actually, no, in the copy-paste buffer the browser sees them as unicode and renders them as such, it's a communication between the server and database that needs to be addressed. Not really something you can do, and it's a real pain to correct so I don't see them bothering anytime soon. The problem is that you can't always tell now, a lot of the characters in the unicode system are also available in the ascii just using different codes, so they'll render correctly in your system dependent browser widgets until you hit submit.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#8085 Dec 10, 2012
Hand.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#8086 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Technology cannot evolve, yet. As it doesn't self replicate, we still have to instruct it to replicate which removes the possible replication errors. Therefore, your lame attempt at a failed analogy is just that, a failure.
KJV

United States

#8087 Dec 10, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is that you can't get over the fact that god isn't real.

Debating people who don't believe in your hallucinations isn't going to suddenly make them real...

Maybe you should question why you are trying to convert intelligent people who can see through your proven religious fraud?
Convert? I sure hope I've done nothing that would make you question your faith. I don't bring the kiddies to the Zoo to try and convert the Monkeys to become more human like. We go to the zoo for entertainment nothing more. So it is here.
KJV

United States

#8088 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, no, in the copy-paste buffer the browser sees them as unicode and renders them as such, it's a communication between the server and database that needs to be addressed. Not really something you can do, and it's a real pain to correct so I don't see them bothering anytime soon. The problem is that you can't always tell now, a lot of the characters in the unicode system are also available in the ascii just using different codes, so they'll render correctly in your system dependent browser widgets until you hit submit.
Well thank you. And to all those that are having troubles read those post I apologies.

Don't you just hate these civil conversation? LOL

Ok back to beating each others head in. LOL
KJV

United States

#8089 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Technology cannot evolve, yet. As it doesn't self replicate, we still have to instruct it to replicate which removes the possible replication errors. Therefore, your lame attempt at a failed analogy is just that, a failure.
Or it could have been a joke.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8090 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
"Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. "
You do know this particular fable is not in the earliest manuscripts? Neither is it on the earliest version of the New Testament?

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/

Like much of the Bible, it was added many years later. Another example of the theological gerrymandering that led to the Bible you use today.

Nottingham, UK

#8091 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Atheist and Nonbelievers that are listed separate, Young Earth Christians are Christians and therefore listed as such. Was that to hard for the puppet to figure out?
Tomorrow we'll start working on how to write capital letters class. LOLNN
YEC = Young Earth Creationism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...

Have you had a schism in your group yet?

The day will come when someone does his sums again and spots an error, placing the imagined date of creation a thousand years earlier.

Then you'll have the SOTYECs or Slghtly Older Than Young Earth Creationists"

Nottingham, UK

#8092 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God then it's a majority rules on morals.
Sodom and Gomorrah for example.
So without your god, you see nothing wrong with killing people?

Nottingham, UK

#8093 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Derek4 did not write the article. He did not lie and I've seen no proof from you or anyone that Dawkins did not say those things.
Of course he lied:

He took at least four separate quotes from Miles Mathis and tried to make out they were from Richard Dawkins.

That's lying.
KJV

United States

#8094 Dec 10, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>You do know this particular fable is not in the earliest manuscripts? Neither is it on the earliest version of the New Testament?

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/

Like much of the Bible, it was added many years later. Another example of the theological gerrymandering that led to the Bible you use today.
Wikipedia

Although in line with many stories in the Gospels and probably primitive (Didascalia Apostolorum refers to it, possibly Papias also), certain critics[2][3] argue that it was "certainly not part of the original text of St John's Gospel."[4] On the other hand, the Council of Trent declared that the Latin Vulgate was authentic and authoritative.[5] The Latin Vulgate includes the adultery episode in John 7:53-8:11.

"How did you know to give up stoning children to death if not from men that simply rejected that law of your Old Testament? Jehovah never recanted it, did he? It was a freethinker that simply said nonsense, and most of the West agreed. "

In fact yes he did!

"Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. "

Nottingham, UK

#8095 Dec 10, 2012
Thinking wrote:
No, but christianity is crammed full of negatives.
<quoted text>
Absolutely! Christianity is based on the Bible.

The Bible contains forgeries.

The Bible is full of contradictions.

The Bible has fairy stories.

The Bible is not supported by archaeology.

The Bible contains failed prophecies.
KJV

United States

#8096 Dec 10, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>So without your god, you see nothing wrong with killing people?
Now how do you get that out of this?

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Does this say anything like I believe In killing people?
You sure like trying to put words in people mouths.

Do you like killing people?
I don't even though I have killed other men. I did it because of the majority rules on morals. So to save some people the fate of a horrible form of government we went in and started killing young men. Yes sir that was a good reason to kill!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#8097 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Now how do you get that out of this?

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't even though I have killed other men. I did it because of the majority rules on morals. So to save some people the fate of a horrible form of government we went in and started killing young men. Yes sir that was a good reason to kill!
If you're referring to Vietnam, no it wasn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#8098 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could have been a joke.
Difficult to tell, since that is a really old, and standard, creationist canard.
KJV

United States

#8099 Dec 10, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he lied:

He took at least four separate quotes from Miles Mathis and tried to make out they were from Richard Dawkins.

That's lying.
Nice article. Full of good in site from an atheist. Thanks for letting me reread it.

"And that brings us to the last fault of the prominent atheists. Atheists like Christopher Hitchens and Penn Jillette and Richard Dawkins and Ricky Gervais always perch assuredly on top of the work of scientists, without knowing anything about that work except its fame. The perfect example of this is the oft-mentioned Stephen Hawking. These atheists rarely ever quote him, since he is mostly unquotable; they simply point to him as an ally, an ally no one (they think) can contradict, since no one can understand him. He seems like a firm footing because he is universally thought to be smart. But I would be willing to bet that few of these atheists have read Hawking, and that none of them have read beyond his coffee-table books or can explain his theories sensibly (or even insensibly, as he does). Like most modern pseudo-intellectuals on both sides of every fence, they know nothing concrete about Relativity, QED, quarks, string theory or anything else, but this does not stop them from name dropping and using these theories as ballast. They can't have read Hawking closely, even beyond the equations, because they seem unaware that he has distanced himself from atheism. Few of the great scientists or mathematicians that atheists perch upon were actually atheists. Newton was not an atheist, nor were Kepler or Euler or even Laplace. As I showed above, Hitchens perches heavily upon Laplace, even quoting him. But it turns out that Laplace cannot be confirmed to have said this at all. The quote Hitchens uses can be traced only back to E. T. Bell in 1937, who provided no source.* The famous scientists were most often real scientists (until recently), which means they could probably see that atheism was not a scientific stance."

Nottingham, UK

#8100 Dec 10, 2012
KJV wrote:
So you're a moral relativist. That's fine with me.

I'm glad to see you avoiding the moral absolutes of the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 45 min Thinking 2,280
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min Just Think 232,901
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr Thinking 142
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 11 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 17 hr Yiago 148
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 23 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 23 hr thetruth 67
More from around the web