Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7955 Dec 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
This part was funny: "does not mean everyone is else" LMAO
"Everyone is else" (?)
This part was just as funny: "Some people are able to speak relatively well on a variety of subjects"
LOL - True - and I post many of what they speak and write about.
So yes, many people are, but alas, you're not one of those people.
You really offer us zero.
LOL
Wow, a simple typo. Good catch Columbo!

And this isn't a forum that I post in. It's too full of spam. I just drop by occasionally to watch you play "2 stooges" with kjv, watch everyone else tear you up, and catch the occasional interesting comment. None of which come from your spam. You don't talk about anything, you spam.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#7956 Dec 9, 2012
Khatru wrote:
Suffice to say we're not afraid to tackle your posts and disassemble them with consummate ease. You keep throwing them up - we'll just keep right on knocking them down.
derek4 wrote:
You ignorant dingbat – lol. You're nothing more than a joke. Funny how you jokes say you don't read my posts, yet you keep trying and failing to challenge the material.
Meathead.

You're a painfully stupid little man, Dim. Khatru tells you right here in his post that he reads yours. We all do, and we have all commented on them. Only in your impoverished imagination are people saying that they "don't read [your] posts."

You, on the other hand, make a point of announcing that you don't read the posts of others between announcements that those responses didn't impress you enough. This is why you are called Dim.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#7958 Dec 9, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on the idiot track, that's for sure.
How very like you to ignore the facts:
Facts that show you posting, running away and having your posts torn to shreds.
Facts that show how from your own posts we can see that you reject what the Bible says.
You have no facts. You don't want your life cluttered with facts.

The facts I post are all still in place, and more science fraud reports are showing up in the news every day. Your futile attempts to rebut them are sad jokes. This is because you're powerless and weak – powerless to change what science magazines and news reports say on fraudulent science and science misconduct; powerless to rewrite history. You're weak. Your comments never get off the ground. Just like you – sitting there on your fat rump and never getting off the ground.

So let's face it – you're nothing but a failure all around, and a miserable one.

I flush you down the drain with the dirty bathwater.

LMAO

Here's just ONE example of the hundreds I've posted already – let's take a look at it again, and thank you for inviting me to re-post it for you:

From Science Daily:

Facts in Scientific Drug Literature May Not Be

(May 29, 2012)— A growing concern with fraud and misconduct in published drug studies has led researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago's Center for Pharmacoeconomic Research to investigate the extent and reasons for retractions in the research.

"We were surprised to find the proportion of retractions due to scientific misconduct in the drug literature is higher than in general biomedical literature," said Simon Pickard, associate professor of pharmacy practice and senior author of a study published in the journal Pharmacotherapy.

Nearly three-quarters of the retracted drug studies were attributed to scientific misconduct, he said, "which includes data falsification or fabrication, questionable veracity, unethical author conduct, or plagiarism. While these studies comprise a small percentage of the overall literature, health care professionals may rely on this evidence to make treatment recommendations.

These studies can affect the treatment of thousands of patients, since scientific publications are often printed months in advance.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/...

Let me know if I can post some more like this fer 'ya, Khatru. And you say you don't read my posts when you say you don't “plough through” the material – I still recall you saying that, and more than once. Then you turn around and say you've “torn to shreds”[my] posts? How do you do that if you haven't ploughed through them? You have a shredded brain.

You've “ploughed through” too many comic books.

LMAO

Location hidden

#7959 Dec 9, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, a simple typo. Good catch Columbo!
And this isn't a forum that I post in. It's too full of spam. I just drop by occasionally to watch you play "2 stooges" with kjv, watch everyone else tear you up, and catch the occasional interesting comment. None of which come from your spam. You don't talk about anything, you spam.
You probably are making a wise decision when you just “drop by occasionally”, and I commend you for that. We wouldn't miss you if you weren't here. Actually, I don't recall anything memorable you've ever written.

Location hidden

#7960 Dec 9, 2012
Today we will revisit at some old favorites.

ENJOY!!!

From CBS NEWS, February 11, 2009:

Poll: Majority Reject Evolution

Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.

These views are similar to what they were in November 2004 shortly after the presidential election.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500160_162-965223...

[Only 15% of Americans say humans evolved......interesting, lol.]

“It’s Official: Atheists are Deliberately Ignorant, Truth-hating, Credit-theiving, Hypocrites – Extreme atheist fails”

September 4, 2010

Think atheists can be good? Wonder why atheists are the most hated and mistrusted group? Here’s a little of the endless evidence as to why atheists should be locked up in insane asylums:

Today on a certain stupidity-filled website (it’s for atheists only, so big surprise) I found these two ultra stupid comments:

“why not think Harry Potter is real, there are millions who think god is real&#65279; and thats just rediculous” from “Atheist Princess”.

For you very young people who don’t know why that is super stupid, this is why:

1) She’s comparing what no one believes is real to what many believe is real, and not explaining what the connection is.

2) She doesn’t say which of her statements is ridiculous: which is ridiculous: not believing that Harry Potter is real or that God is real or both?

3) She didn’t give any evidence as to why whatever she is saying is ridiculous is ridiculous.

4) She didn’t even spell ridiculous right.
In her profile she said this:

Notice she says that she is obsessed with the “fairy tale” Harry Potter, and even made a forum on it? Notice she gives no evidence as to why she became an atheist, and had believes that no Christian teaches, which is that you weren’t to ask any questions about the Bible, when in churches that is done all the time, and when Christians pose them all the time everywhere? Notice she gives no explanation at all as to why she became an atheist, except because certain things didn’t make sense to her, and yet can’t be bothered to say what those things were even though she also says she is trying to convert her sisters to atheism (which having such a hatred for religion, says,“deconvert” in place of convert).

continued:
http://eternian.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/extr...

[I could have sworn this dingbat posted in this forum at sometime in the past. But her godless stupidity is so universal it's hard to be sure]

Location hidden

#7962 Dec 9, 2012
Another favorite:

Phil Torres’ Compendium of Internet Atheist Ignorance

“A few weeks ago Phil Torres asked me if I would review his book A Crisis of Faith, which he said would present a strong case against the existence of God. I agreed to take a look at it. I appreciate opportunities like that. I had high hopes for the book, in view of the fact that he (reportedly) did a year of graduate (?) study in philosophy at Harvard.

He divides the book into short chapters, of which I read thirteen before I realized that there he had adopted a pattern that was never going to alter. The book (as far as I got into it) is a nicely readable but painfully predictable compendium of Internet Atheist straw men, circular reasoning, red herrings, and misrepresentations of Christianity.

I was hoping to be able to say something more positive than that, but then he wasn’t really inviting it himself. He calls not only for rejection but for actual elimination of religion.

Continued:

Back to the beginning: On page 1 he distorts the definition of “faith.” Maybe he doesn’t realize he’s doing that; it is after all, the standard definition provided by people who don’t experience faith, don’t encounter faith in real people who have faith, and don’t read the definitions written by people who are actually explaining what we mean when we use the word “faith.” It is the standard Internet atheist definition, in other words:“beliefs that one accepts in the absence of facts or in the presence of facts which contradict those beliefs.”

That’s page 1. It’s a very poor beginning. Faith in God is actually a fact-based confidence or trust in him as a person, that he will be for me today and for all in the future the same God that he has been for me and many others in the past. It is trust that God will continue to be a promise-keeper, as he has done in the past. It is confidence built on an awareness of genuine love–factual awareness.

On page 4 he parrots the standard Internet Atheist meme of pulling OT verses out of context concerning punishments for homosexuality. This is the approach by which atheists tell believers what we think, and complain that we must be stupid for not thinking what we think, while ignoring the reasons we give for thinking what we actually think instead of what they tell us we think.

Continued:

On page 19 he falsely claims that religious evidence is generally (entirely?) subjective. That’s just false. It’s ignorant. Sorry, Mr. Torres, but there you go.

On page 20 he shows his ignorance of how Paul’s “revelation of Jesus Christ” was carefully and independently confirmed at the time.

On page 22 he picks on the most easily rebutted Intelligent Design claims and calls it the strongest. Ignorance on display.

On page 44 he seems to be illustrating incoherence in the concept of God: Can God create a rock so heavy he can’t lift it? The answer is that this that this is laughably easy to answer. What was Torres thinking?.

On page 52 he takes a naturalistic perspective on neuroscience and free will and concludes that it’s impossible for God to have imparted free will to his creatures. Bulletin to Phil Torres: if you assume the world is the way it would be if there is no God, it will indeed be impossible to fit God into that world. If you assume there is no God, in other words, you have effectively assumed there is no God. That’s called begging the question.rable in scientific terms, and we have addresses it to the best of our ability in other terms.

continued:

I gave up reading after Chapter 13. Enough is enough.[Like Khatru, I would never have “ploughed through” 13 chapters.]

continued:
http://www.thinkingchristian.net/2012/08/phil...

[“Atheist straw men, circular reasoning, red herrings, and misrepresentations of Christianity.”]

Location hidden

#7963 Dec 9, 2012
Why, as an Atheist, I Pray

“I identify as an atheist. Empirically, I’ve never seen any evidence supporting the existence of a deity, and rationally, none of the major religious belief systems make any sense to me. Cosmologically, I guess I would call myself a meta-evolutionist (I believe both in Darwinian evolution, and in the evolution of the evolutionary process).”

[Poster's insert: more reference to science which relates to atheism....]
continued:

Still, I respect many religious traditions and practices. I respect religious tradition because I like tradition in general, and religious ones are often the only ones available in any particular life area. As for religious practices, I take an eclectic approach. I like pork chops and bacon too much to ever be kosher, but I don’t mind (and sometimes enjoy) reciting Jewish prayers before meals (my wife and daughter are Jewish).

One religious practice I embrace wholeheartedly is prayer. Prayer can mean many different things, but I’m talking about the “personal dialogue with God” variety.

So how does this fit in with atheism? If I pray, who or what am I praying to? Do I just have a massive tolerance for cognitive dissonance? Or have I bought into the sloppy pseudoscience behind “remote healing”?

No and no. My practice of prayer is consistent with my rational, atheistic belief system. Nothing spooky or supernatural is required to make an argument for why prayer is effective (for me).

I’ll try to explain.

[Poster's insert: He goes on to explain, then concludes with this in his closing paragraph:]

“... there’s no need to give up religious practice, just because you’ve decided that the idea of a Creator doesn’t make sense. You can still go to church/temple/mosque, you can still pray (both traditional prayer and the “personal prayer” I talked about in this post if that’s part of your tradition). I realize, living in the Bay Area, that I’m in a bubble of enlightened religious thinking, where many reformed communities are completely tolerant of naturalistic philosophies like Darwinism. Richard Dawkins criticizes these types as “religious moderates,” trying to find middle ground where none exists. Maybe that’s a valid criticism in some cases, but there’s more to religion than belief (especially in the case of Judaism). There are powerful psychological factors involved in community, ritual, and practice that bind us to each other, and help us in our own personal growth, and we don’t have to believe in God to take advantage of these things.”
http://jdmoyer.com/2011/07/25/why-as-an-athei...

[“... just because you’ve decided that the idea of a Creator doesn’t make sense. You can still go to church/temple/mosque, you can still pray (both traditional prayer and the “personal prayer” I talked about in this post.”]

[Maybe you can pray to the science god, lol.]

Location hidden

#7965 Dec 9, 2012
AGAIN:

"A parent who had a problem with the play’s content notified the local atheist group of the field trip."

I expect the parent has MANY problems and needs to get a life.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#7967 Dec 9, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Re-posting:

From Fox News:

Junk Science

Bad predictions, concealed data, lies about global warming, junk computer models, cancer lies, etc.
www.video.foxbusiness.com/v/4159451/top-five-...

(Even with today's sophisticated technology, scientists miss the mark over and over on the simplest issues; how much more likely the marks were missed in their findings of 100 years ago on the more complex issues.)
I'm curious.

Do you have a life outside of topix?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7968 Dec 9, 2012
derek4 wrote:
AGAIN:
"A parent who had a problem with the play’s content notified the local atheist group of the field trip."
I expect the parent has MANY problems and needs to get a life.
I've a feeling the troubled parent, having seen "A Charlie Brown Christmas" as Charles Schulz intended it on TV a few bazillion times, objected to the Christianized version as presented in that House of Ill Repute. I doubt if the poor, scraggly xmas tree made glorious by love, was the central message there. Wanna bet?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7969 Dec 9, 2012
Darwinism - Ruining dreams of retards since evolution began
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably are making a wise decision when you just “drop by occasionally”, and I commend you for that. We wouldn't miss you if you weren't here. Actually, I don't recall anything memorable you've ever written.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7970 Dec 9, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious.
He certainly doesn't have one on Topix....

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7971 Dec 9, 2012
Hey... Uhmm seriously... No really... Are you still arguing for the invisible sky wizard creating everything?
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7972 Dec 9, 2012
Not a life and not a friend in the world that one.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7973 Dec 9, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Not forgetting the talking snakes and donkeys and bread baked with shite.
ROFLMAO!!
Just a partial list is enough to make a sane persons skin crawl in revulsion. They drink the substantiated blood of their dead zombie, how much more is needed, to call the Christain cult crazed?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#7974 Dec 9, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Meathead.
You're a painfully stupid little man, Dim. Khatru tells you right here in his post that he reads yours. We all do, and we have all commented on them. Only in your impoverished imagination are people saying that they "don't read [your] posts."

You, on the other hand, make a point of announcing that you don't read the posts of others between announcements that those responses didn't impress you enough. This is why you are called Dim.
I very much doubt Dim will respond to this as he's wary of you.

Nottingham, UK

#7975 Dec 9, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no facts. You don't want your life cluttered with facts.
The facts I post are all still in place, and more science fraud reports are showing up in the news every day. Your futile attempts to rebut them are sad jokes. This is because you're powerless and weak – powerless to change what science magazines and news reports say on fraudulent science and science misconduct; powerless to rewrite history. You're weak. Your comments never get off the ground. Just like you – sitting there on your fat rump and never getting off the ground.
So let's face it – you're nothing but a failure all around, and a miserable one.
I flush you down the drain with the dirty bathwater.
LMAO
Here's just ONE example of the hundreds I've posted already – let's take a look at it again, and thank you for inviting me to re-post it for you:
From Science Daily:
Facts in Scientific Drug Literature May Not Be
(May 29, 2012)— A growing concern with fraud and misconduct in published drug studies has led researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago's Center for Pharmacoeconomic Research to investigate the extent and reasons for retractions in the research.
"We were surprised to find the proportion of retractions due to scientific misconduct in the drug literature is higher than in general biomedical literature," said Simon Pickard, associate professor of pharmacy practice and senior author of a study published in the journal Pharmacotherapy.
Nearly three-quarters of the retracted drug studies were attributed to scientific misconduct, he said, "which includes data falsification or fabrication, questionable veracity, unethical author conduct, or plagiarism. While these studies comprise a small percentage of the overall literature, health care professionals may rely on this evidence to make treatment recommendations.
These studies can affect the treatment of thousands of patients, since scientific publications are often printed months in advance.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/...
Let me know if I can post some more like this fer 'ya, Khatru. And you say you don't read my posts when you say you don't “plough through” the material – I still recall you saying that, and more than once. Then you turn around and say you've “torn to shreds”[my] posts? How do you do that if you haven't ploughed through them? You have a shredded brain.
You've “ploughed through” too many comic books.
LMAO
Ah, Dim.

You keep right on posting, my caliginous friend.

Your posts are a fine advert that demonstrates the strength of science and how it will always weed out the small percentage of fakes. Such a shame your religion doesn't monitor its adherents with the same high standards.

Although it's nice of you to credit me with tearing your posts to shreds, I did say "we" and not "me". Try and pay attention, Dim.

Now, show me that Einstein link of yours again - the one you posted where Albert states that Christianity would be so much better if it were purged of any subsequent additions after the Jesus myth.

It's so nice to know that you wholeheartedly agree with Albert on this - otherwise, you'd never have posted it.

ROFLMAO!

Nottingham, UK

#7976 Dec 9, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that original thought is a concept alien to you, I'm not surprised to hear you saying this.

Nottingham, UK

#7977 Dec 9, 2012
derek4 wrote:
The problem with atheists, and you included, is that everything doesn't revolve around YOU
Your double-standards belie your phoney sense of outrage.

You're the whackjob who believes that the universe was created for him and that his god died for him.

Nothing is more conceited and self-centred than that.

Nottingham, UK

#7978 Dec 9, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The "point" of the news story was to cast Atheist's in a bad light. Who could object to children enjoying such a harmless diversion? ONLY the EVIL ATHEISTS OF COURSE!!! It's manipulation at a shockingly crude level ... Godbots lap it up. The "hidden message" of the story is that religionists will stoop to any level to draw children into their web of deceit. Way to go. Keep up the good work.
It's child abuse, pure and simple.

Suffer the little children, right enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 227,869
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 23 min Boris 22,415
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 1 hr Reason Personified 7
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick n Angela 492
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 2 hr nOgOd 1
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 2 hr sava 3
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 4 hr Patrick n Angela 4,511
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE