Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 374)

Showing posts 7,461 - 7,480 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Scientific fraud growing.....UK, China, Romania, Nigeria, on and on and on.

Why aren't the peer review groups catching all this misconduct?

I would think atheists would be upset since they say they're so concerned about honesty.

Hmmmm.....

Naaahhh....the atheists back our scientists!!!!

LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've noted many times, as long as your kind doesn't like me, I know I'm on the right track. So thanks for the compliment maybe you're not as bad as I thought. LMAO
So, when the few sane people remind you of your delusion, you consider it a compliment. This is actually a very common symptom of delusion you are expressing.
Mr Smartypants

Mayer, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

The great thing about science is that it's self-correcting, unlike religion. Scientists are human and give in to human urges to be dishonest and delusional just like everybody else. Guess who proved that Piltdown Man was a hoax? Other scientists.

As for religion, basically 100% of it is unprovable bullshit...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
I would think atheists would be upset since they say they're so concerned about honesty.
Hmmmm.....
LMAO
Your posts are irrelevant, considering you are posting on a machine, that depends on other machines and concepts depending on scientific understanding of the universe, using software written by an atheist, which was all results of advancements funded mostly by atheists who were fans of another atheist that gave us the idea to make electronic machines instead of the old mechanical ones.

That makes you one massive hypocrite.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Religion is just for people who don't understand science.
derek4 wrote:
Hmmmm.....
LMAO
Mr Smartypants

Mayer, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are irrelevant, considering you are posting on a machine, that depends on other machines and concepts depending on scientific understanding of the universe, using software written by an atheist, which was all results of advancements funded mostly by atheists who were fans of another atheist that gave us the idea to make electronic machines instead of the old mechanical ones.
That makes you one massive hypocrite.
Great reply, KittenKoder! What cracks me up are the young-Earth cretinists who are only alive because modern medicine gave them a pacemaker and insulin and who use a computer with a satellite connection so they can go to a cretinist website and bitch about how scientists are idiots who don't know what they're doing.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

After losing the debate on religion, my Christian friend said to me, "I'll pray for you"

Understanding the humour of the situation, I quickly replied back, "I'll read more about science for you"
derek4 wrote:
Hmmmm.....
LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
Great reply, KittenKoder! What cracks me up are the young-Earth cretinists who are only alive because modern medicine gave them a pacemaker and insulin and who use a computer with a satellite connection so they can go to a cretinist website and bitch about how scientists are idiots who don't know what they're doing.
Irony, Bill Gates is an open atheist, and most of MS employees are.

Asimov, the author that inspired us to try to build the perfect computer, very open and outspoken atheist before he died, rest in peace my hero.

One of the first developers of Linux was an atheist, the two that "invented" Linux when they decided to make a free version of Unix so everyone could get it.

Steve Jobs was an atheist, well, technically Buddhist, but most of them are atheists. lol

Everyone I know that works at Google is an atheist.

Oh yeah, computers, the godless machines.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are attempting to dispute a portion of web content previously posted.
Just a reminder to everyone in the forum: If you wish to dispute the contents of a web page, you should refer to the publisher at the link provided, since I have no interest in your unsubstantiated objections to web content.
Also, please refrain from going into lengthy unprofessional scientific dialogue which you've copied somewhere but failed to link to the unknown author. When you do that, it's not credit worthy - therefore is a waste of my time and your time.
Thanks for your usual fine cooperation. LMAO
Just because you are a spam bot without an original thought to call his own does not mean everyone is else. Some people are able to speak relatively well on a variety of subjects, just because you can't doesn't mean no one else can either.

And do you know how stupid it is to spam post a link/copy paste from somewhere, and then deflect any criticism by saying that you didn't write it? You are throwing your support behind it when you post it, idiot.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

*your own*

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You ... actually buy that part? That's a bedtime story they tell newbs to lure them in, nothing more. Sheesh. How long as you been in the church? A month? Maybe two? I know a Catholic who actually knows more about your religion than you do.
I have attended more than a thousand meetings with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know what I'm talking about. How many sacrament meetings have you attended at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints?

I find it a bit amusing that you are dictating to me what I believe on an Atheist Forum entitled "Don't dictate beliefs."

Mormon's don't believe God is going to give them their own planet when they go to Heaven and they don't believe Joseph Smith is God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You might if you saw things through the eyes of a skeptic. Your various doctrinal differences don't really matter to us. It's the church's political presence as a collective. It tends to vote Christian, and embodies certain Christian values whatever the denomination. Thus, Catholics, Mormons, Episcopalians, Jehovah's Witnesses and Baptists might not agree about anything else, but they form a united front opposing progressive politics and humanist values. They're all pretty happy to throw gays and atheists under the bus, for example, and to oppose abortion rights, sex education, and stem cell research.
That's what Christianity is to me. I don't care which eat wafers or go to church on Saturday.
So, yeah. I pretty much think of you as a collective.
I can see how that can be frustrating. I used to see atheists as a collective as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

swerty wrote:
Religion is just for people who don't understand science. <quoted text>
Have you heard of Philo Farnsworth? He helped develop the TV, he kinda understood science. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Farnsworth

How about Henry Eyring? "He pioneered the application of quantum mechanics to chemistry. He also was awarded the National medal of Science for devolving the Absolute Rate Theory of chemical reactions. He was elected president of the American Chemical Society in 1963 and of the Association for the Advancement of Science in 1965."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Eyring

Or Richard Scott, a nuclear engineer? All involved with science, all religious.

BYU Biology Professor Steven Peck
http://blog.beliefnet.com/flunkingsainthood/2...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have attended more than a thousand meetings with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know what I'm talking about. How many sacrament meetings have you attended at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints?
I find it a bit amusing that you are dictating to me what I believe on an Atheist Forum entitled "Don't dictate beliefs."
Mormon's don't believe God is going to give them their own planet when they go to Heaven and they don't believe Joseph Smith is God.
It amazes me that you missed that I grew up. So then, you're a liar, well that was obvious before, you probably are a Mormon, they are taught to lie for their cult, just like Scientologists. I recall the "white lie" lessons from the leaders every Sunday and every Seminary class before going to real school.

You see, you messed up in your lying, for one, you're talking to a real ex-Mormon, one who still has Mormon friends, one of them helped me do a video debunking morons like you, actually. There are a few who are honest, in spite of themselves, mostly when they need the help of one of us atheists to set idiotic people like you straight. Another point you messed up was the "believe Joseph is a god." Well, he will be, according to their beliefs. You see, the belief is that those who follow the religion perfectly become gods themselves, gods of their own worlds. It's a "system" of sorts used to populate the universe with intelligent life. Their god's wives, and himself, went through a life just like the rest of us, they earned their position and now offer the same to their billions of children, I think they're going to have to change that to a much higher number now, no? This is very basic Sunday school lessons too, very basic, like you start hearing this from birth, and you have to prove you know it to get what is best described as "promotions" to new levels. Though the men get more power and control in the church, one of their many flaws. The 12 bishops at the top wait their turn to be the next prophet, it's in order of when you become one of the 12, and when one dies the next living one is the new prophet.

It's not that complicated really.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

That's why we love you :)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that you missed that I grew up. So then, you're a liar, well that was obvious before, you probably are a Mormon, they are taught to lie for their cult, just like Scientologists. I recall the "white lie" lessons from the leaders every Sunday and every Seminary class before going to real school.
You see, you messed up in your lying, for one, you're talking to a real ex-Mormon, one who still has Mormon friends, one of them helped me do a video debunking morons like you, actually. There are a few who are honest, in spite of themselves, mostly when they need the help of one of us atheists to set idiotic people like you straight. Another point you messed up was the "believe Joseph is a god." Well, he will be, according to their beliefs. You see, the belief is that those who follow the religion perfectly become gods themselves, gods of their own worlds. It's a "system" of sorts used to populate the universe with intelligent life. Their god's wives, and himself, went through a life just like the rest of us, they earned their position and now offer the same to their billions of children, I think they're going to have to change that to a much higher number now, no? This is very basic Sunday school lessons too, very basic, like you start hearing this from birth, and you have to prove you know it to get what is best described as "promotions" to new levels. Though the men get more power and control in the church, one of their many flaws. The 12 bishops at the top wait their turn to be the next prophet, it's in order of when you become one of the 12, and when one dies the next living one is the new prophet.
It's not that complicated really.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of Philo Farnsworth? He helped develop the TV, he kinda understood science. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Farnsworth
How about Henry Eyring? "He pioneered the application of quantum mechanics to chemistry. He also was awarded the National medal of Science for devolving the Absolute Rate Theory of chemical reactions. He was elected president of the American Chemical Society in 1963 and of the Association for the Advancement of Science in 1965."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Eyring
Or Richard Scott, a nuclear engineer? All involved with science, all religious.
BYU Biology Professor Steven Peck
http://blog.beliefnet.com/flunkingsainthood/2...
You can be an intelligent scientist, but still stupid & fearful when it comes to gods that aren't really there.

The fact is you lying theists have no proof of god and you try to misrepresent scientists, without actually trying to apply any science to your claims.

The reason you don't apply science to your claims is because you know that you're actually lying about the god you claim is real.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change your name to give me a brain.
Wikipedia
"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed"
You're far from a scholar and it shows.
Yeah, that is called faith, and like he said, there is more proof of Hercules than Jesus. Somebody believing something doesn't mean that proof exists. Believing in Jesus also means that you believe that Jehovah would make you eat your children, it's all part of the same "all or nothing" fractured-fairy tale book.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that is called faith, and like he said, there is more proof of Hercules than Jesus. Somebody believing something doesn't mean that proof exists. Believing in Jesus also means that you believe that Jehovah would make you eat your children, it's all part of the same "all or nothing" fractured-fairy tale book.
Nicely put.

"I will make them eat the flesh of their children"
Jeremiah 19:1-9

Here we see the horrendous morality and limited intelligence of the god of the Bible. These people were sacrificing some of their own children to another god. What does the Bible god do?

He gets angry at the adults and arranges it so that they will now eat their children!!! Stupid or what?

The god of the Bible has made his judgement and rather than stopping the killing of a few innocent children, he ensures that these kids will be eaten. Instead of saving the kids from being sacrificed, the Bible god is making the parents eat them?

All this does is to demonstrate that the god of the bible comes from the brain addled ramblings of primitive, superstitious savages.

Yet somehow I just know that Dim/KJV/longears will see this as an example of their deity's transcendent love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when the few sane people remind you of your delusion, you consider it a compliment. This is actually a very common symptom of delusion you are expressing.
You and the other atheists in here are about as sane as asylum escapees, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you are a spam bot without an original thought to call his own does not mean everyone is else. Some people are able to speak relatively well on a variety of subjects...
This part was funny: "does not mean everyone is else" LMAO

"Everyone is else" (?)

This part was just as funny: "Some people are able to speak relatively well on a variety of subjects"

LOL - True - and I post many of what they speak and write about.

So yes, many people are, but alas, you're not one of those people.

You really offer us zero.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,461 - 7,480 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••