Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 368)

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I'm not sure I get this. Maybe in a cultural, general sense.
But christianity has at its core belief the worship of a Jew as God. So Hitler hated Jews, but worshiped one as god? Doesnt seem to add up to me. Agree?
According to his own words, Hitler felt he was carrying out the Lord's plan in exterminating the Jews for not believing. And he had a willing following of sheeple to carry out his "final solution" - Gott Mit Uns.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how your argument pale in comparison to someone who actually knows what they are talking about and have true bases for his believe. Even if I disagree with him he at least is no child.
Argument? What are you rambling on about?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Zombie go around eating brains not ascending into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God. Oh and Zombies are make believe. Time to put down the Comice books.
Make believe?

Are you trying to say that your god is for real?

lol

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
And apparently, some Christians think that there were humans that didn't perish in the flood apart from the crew of the ark.
Langoliers is one of those Christians.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot and would not change what the link says.
But you have no problem in taking what someone says and deliberately passing it off as someone else's quotation?

You're going to burn, Dim.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not willing to actually have a discussion about the material you post, then you shouldn't post it in the first place. Otherwise, you are simply a spamming troll. your choice.
He's a spamming troll alright.

Dim by name and dim by nature.

If dishonesty and cowardice were on the menu, Dim would be ordering seconds.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
According to his own words, Hitler felt he was carrying out the Lord's plan in exterminating the Jews for not believing. And he had a willing following of sheeple to carry out his "final solution" - Gott Mit Uns.
Christianity has a long history of anti-Semitism.

It's little wonder that Hitler targeted the Jews; he was simply taking the hatred and murderous intolerance of the christian church to new levels of insanity.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think was the smart idea?
Evolving christian religions to better fit reality instead of denying reality because it never fits the mythology. That is what a delusion is, and every theist has that delusion, You should get help, but since you won't you are useless.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Make believe?

Are you trying to say that your god is for real?

lol
Did your zombies eat your brain?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Langoliers is one of those Christians.
More lies puppet boy.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Which is why he needs to be reported. He has even posted clusters of the same off topic spam up to 18 times! It's a waste of bandwidth and just obnoxious.

Time to flush.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not willing to actually have a discussion about the material you post, then you shouldn't post it in the first place. Otherwise, you are simply a spamming troll. your choice.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Go to google, type this in:“convert definition”.

This is what you will find:

“Verb - Cause to change in form, character, or function.”
“Noun - A person who has been persuaded to change their religious faith or other beliefs.”

So, if a person is a Christian, but they have “been persuaded to change their religious faith or other beliefs”[to the belief there is no God] they have converted from Christianity to atheism, or at least agnosticism.

I notice you were once a Mormon. You converted to atheism from Mormonism.

I don't have “notions” for you to “buy into”, LMAO – nor is the Christian faith a “notion”.

Do you think I would care what you “buy into”?[Don't overrate yourself.]

I should have a burden for your soul, but you have blasphemed God and made your choice, so it's rather difficult to feel sorry for you. I'm not here to try to convert you. God will see that you get what you are due.
Don't you tire of her self righteous holier then thou attitude then just babbles dribble?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not willing to actually have a discussion about the material you post, then you shouldn't post it in the first place.
So you can argue in a circle for 20 posts that go nowhere about it?

No one tells me what, how, or when to post, and my participation in the forum creates no obligation to respond to you in any way, shape or form. We have opposing views, and we always will. It is not essential that we agree, and I couldn't care less if we ever do, nor do I feel any compelling desire to convince you of the material I post. In other words, your opinion really makes me no difference whatsoever.

You don't like the material I posted, so take it up with the link that was provided, or let it go the choice is yours. But - you're rather dense not to catch on after being told that 3 or 4 times. That's rather typical of trolls and atheists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire. I am not out to impress anyone.
It's good to know you're not trying to impress, because you certainly are NOT impressing anyone. LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have no problem in taking what someone says and deliberately passing it off as someone else's quotation?
You're going to burn, Dim.
Thanks for admitting your belief in hell. They're warming it up fer 'ya.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you tire of her self righteous holier then thou attitude then just babbles dribble?
She doesn't know anything. Seventy-five percent of what she posts says nothing not worth the effort she spends typing it, but with atheists, that's what we expect, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Why Atheism Fails: The Four Big Bangs

Their titles sound so confident:

The Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism and Islam by Michel Onfray.

God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens.

Letter to a Christian Nation: A Challenge to Faith by Sam Harris.

and of course, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Yet, like all atheists before them, they still cant answer the fundamental questions of origins.

1) What is the origin of the universe? Why is there something rather than nothing? How do you get matter and energy from nothingness? How do you get a rock out of nothing?

2) What is the origin of life? How do you get life from non-life? How do you go from a rock to a tree?

3) What is the origin of mind? How does a living thing become a self-conscious being? How do you go from a tree, to an animal, to a human?

4) What is the origin of good and evil? How does an amoral being become morally aware?

Atheists respond to all these types of questions with essentially the same style answer.We know God doesnt exist. Therefore, since were here, though, it had to have happened this way. Thus, like the universe itself, life, mind, and mo-rality all just popped into existence out of nothingness.

I call them the Four Big Bangs:

1) the Cosmological (the universe just popped into existence out of nothingness).

2) the Biological (life just popped into existence out of a dead thing).

3) the Psychological (mind just popped into existence out of a brain).

4) and the Moral (morality just popped into existence out of amorality).

For their many obfuscating words, the authors still dont improve much beyond the just popped thesis, if at all.

I was an atheist for 27 years. I used to play on that team. I used to pick on religious people too. I knew the arguments to press and those to avoid.

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

[continuation of Why Atheism Fails: The Four Big Bangs:]

Attack with how unscientific theism is, how religious people arent very smart because they dont chair any departments in the hard sciences at the right schools (its really called censorship). Raise the problem of evil: How could an omnipo-tent, loving God allow evil? Either God is not all powerful and cant destroy it, or He doesnt want to. Either way there cant be a God because evil exists (dont bring up the existence of good though, its too problematic). And, finally, go for the jugular with the hypocrisy of religious believers (You know, mention all the wars in the name of religion, and all the fallen pastors and especially,the founders owned slaves stuff, its really a good distraction.)

Avoid the pesky problem of freewill. If atheism is true, if all that exists is mere matter and energy, then I dont have a brain, I am my brain. But if the brain is exhaustively physical, then it is just as incapable of acting freely as a computer or any other machine. Which is why the idea of Artificial Intelligence makes for such fun science fiction the more peo-ple believe that a computer can become a person, the less likely they will have need to believe they were created in Gods image. Thus, more AI, less theism thats the game plan. Same with the search for ET. Find life elsewhere so we can dismiss Genesis.

But, above all, avoid being cornered and forced to answer the questions of origins. Throw out lots of words that people cant understand. Talk over them. Blind them with science. Talk about the details of the leaves on the trees but dont allow them to bring it back to Why the forest at all? Assert the fact/value distinction. Claim that only science deals with knowledge. Drop in some postmodern gobbledygook. Distract them with how science deals with the what, where, how and when and not the who and the why. Especially avoid people who have had training in the philosophy of science theyre dangerous because they see through us and know who we are they dont see the shimmering lab coats that everyone else sees. They dont see any clothes at all.

Since the pre-Socratics, atheists have been intellectual parasites living off the host of Western Civilization. Able to con-struct so very little of their own that is either true, good, or beautiful, they live on the borrowed capital of their believing intellectual parents. Atheists have been asserting the same basic mechanistic worldview, and with roughly the same suc-cess, for centuries. They sell books and win converts from time to time, sure, especially among those gullible enough to buy the just popped thesis. Dont be gullible.

But, for me, the real value of atheism lies in bolstering belief in God. When I doubt, I can begin to doubt my doubts by returning to the Four Big Bangs. And, I eventually fall to my knees and worship,In the beginning, God.
http://townhall.com/columnists/frankpastore/2...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Soldiers of the Cross
THE SALVATION ARMY STORY

The way the World War II veterans in my hometown told the story, The Salvation Army was always there. On the front lines, where the shelling was worst, in the churning hell of war where even medics sometimes feared to tread, the men would look up and there they were. The distinctive colors of The Salvation Army would be in the thick of it as often as not, living out their slogan, "Heart to God, Hand to Man."

We witnessed and experienced the same service and care in Northridge, California, in January 1994. The Army's relief trucks were the first through the carnage of the most costly earthquake in American history.

When my editor felt we needed background on the people we see on almost every street corner in December collecting for the poor and needy, I looked forward to telling the story. It was a debt I felt I owed to the men and women who seem to be there when the going gets toughest.

The story begins in London, England, in the 1860s. The elegant heart of the British Empire was not always a pretty place. In the midst of Victorian opulence and splendor, the lives of those who were not able to keep up in the churning, expanding industrial democracy were often dispirited and hopeless.

In London, 30 percent of the people fell habitually below the poverty line. Parts of the city were described as "an ever-spreading pool of stagnant misery." Vice thrived. Mortality rates were horrific.

Into this scene of near-total despair, of class division, disease, prostitution, drunkenness and malnutrition, walked a turbulent dynamo of a man and his wife, former zealots in the Methodist religion--William and Catherine Booth.

William had been an impulsive and headstrong youth. He had broken with the Methodists when he was refused permission to be an itinerant evangelist.

The sun never sets on the Army tricolor. It is a restless banner, proclaiming its Gospel message in nearly 100 countries around the world.... Banned for four decades in countries oppressed by atheistic communism, it marches forward once again in the triumph of the cross.- Henry Gariepy, General of God's Army
http://www.ptm.org/NovSalvArmy.htm

[Banned for four decades in countries oppressed by atheistic communism, it marches forward once again in the triumph of the cross.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe Hitler. I guess that's no surprise. You seem to believe a lot crap.
The poster is also typical of atheists, lol. They say they want to discuss an issue, but they have no intention of doing so. They simply continue to present the same endless lies and circular arguments regardless of credible rebuttals, so there is no need for discussion - that's why I refer them back to the links I provide. It is a well establised fact that Hitler was not a Christian, and link after link of non-Christian web sources have confirmed it. Anyone can falsely claim to be something they are not. Actions speak louder than words. Hitler tried to destroy Christianity. He failed, just as atheists will always fail. Christianity is here to stay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min TheBlackSheep 222,977
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 5 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 15 hr Mikko 1,274
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••