Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 362)

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
According to yourself, you were once a fake christian, then you switched to being a fake atheist, lol. You're basically just a fake.
Why is your avatar just an empty silhouette, Dim? Is that symbolic of something?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Is there anything unique or new about your observation that we haven't already seen a thousand times
Do you have any observations of your own, Dim, or are you merely a empty vessel fetching canned apologetics? Maybe it's your idea how many times to repeat each one. That counts as a contribution, doesn't it?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
"I am quite conscious that my speculations run quite beyond the bounds of true science."
Charles Darwin

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”
Charles Darwin

“The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us.”
Charles Darwin

“The question of whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the Universe has been answered in the affirmative by some of the highest intellects that have ever existed.”
Charles Darwin

“Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy.”
Charles Darwin
And yet Darwin's ideas mortally wounded your god anyway, didn't they, Dim? Jehovah peaked down over the edge of his cloud one day to see what young Darwin was up to, fell onto the tree of knowledge, and was impaled by the Darwin branch, where he lays today - still twitching and kicking a little!

And you know it, too, don't you Dim? It's the reason why you fetch your canned apologetics for us. Their like chest compressions for Jehovah.

But it's getting to be time to call the code though, Dim. You're going to have to eventually throw a sheet over your god and toss him on the trash heap of forgotten gods from history next to Odin and Quetzalcoatl.

Sorry, Dim. That must be nearly impossible for you to assimilate.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
You are attempting to dispute a portion of web content previously posted.
That a pretty fancy way to describe your fetch-copy-and-paste posts.
derek4 wrote:
If you wish to dispute the contents of a web page, you should refer to the publisher at the link provided, since I have no interest in your unsubstantiated objections to web content.
Ditto, Dim. Obviously, nobody cares if you even read the responses to your fetch-cut-and-paste pieces, let alone what you think about them. Your function is to fetch.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
“I am hateful, hateful of religion. I hate what religion does to people and that people use it as an excuse to not think."
Why wouldn't an atheist hate your church? Here's part of the reason why:

"The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

Didn't the authors of those words just call atheists corrupt, vile, abominable, no good, the moral equivalent of liars, murderers and whoremongers, and fit for eternal torture?

Why shouldn't we hate the religion that teaches people to think that way about us? Can you answer that? Why wouldn't we hate that?

We have the legal and moral right to fight back against a church that strives to marginalize and dehumanize us in that way. We have the legal and moral right to work to shrink your church down to a size small enough to drown in a bathtub if that's what it takes to neutralize you.

It's your own fault. You won't share or cooperate, and you won't relent in your atheophobic scapegoating and persecution, so you have to go. It's that simple, and that just.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
"I don't give a crap what anyone believes as long as they respect those who think differently. You can believe that theres some fairy octopus in the sky granting wishes and I could care less as long as you don't judge me for my beliefs."
Well said.

Unfortunately, even that is too much for you people your church doesn't respect the rest of us, Dim, which is why it has to go, Dim. We have the moral right to neutralize it.

You'll see. Once you have become as small and insignificant as the Druids are today, we'll probably never think about you again. You'll always be free to nail some jingly bells and your chicken to a stick and shake it at the moon if that's what you think centers your life and gives it meaning, purpose, and a firm moral foundation.

But you'll have to do it privately and quietly, too, Dim, because frankly, as the man said, nobody else cares what the chicken thinks about gay marriage, sex education, stem cell research, school prayer, extramarital sex between consenting adults, abortion, or anything else.

And we intend to have your church respect that, Dim, whether because it voluntarily relents in its scapegoating of us one day, or because we crack its spine and leave it on the floor. Your choice, Dim. We prefer compromise. But we will prevail with or without your cooperation.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Study: Atheists Have Lowest 'Retention Rate' Compared to Religious Groups

Only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults. This "retention rate" was the lowest among the 20 separate categories in the study.
Dim, Dim, Dim!

Even you should be able to reject this data out of hand. Our numbers in America are increasing at your expense. Assuming that Christian children coming from Christian homes and atheist children coming from atheist homes don't affect the relative numbers much, the only way for that to happen is that the number of atheists being generated in religious households outnumber the Christians coming out of irreligious homes.

This is why we call you Dim.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Khatru wrote:
If IANS ever describes your posts as purulent, you know you're in trouble.
Good word! How about "suppurative"? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/suppurative

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
just explain to me how a star (any star) can point to a specific location on this planet (any specific location) and I'll take another look at your myth. No? Can't do that?
And that's just one of many, many holes in your mythology. You get past that one and we can try a few more.
I like that they followed one star in particular, as if it were moving in a different direction than the other stars.

I also like their camels had to walk as fast as the earth rotates under a star - about 1000 miles an hour near the equator - in order to get from Persia to Bethlehem before before the star set the next morning.

Apparently, the star must have just stopped moving when it was directly over the correct manger in order to guide the Magi, although I don't know how you can identify the exact moment the star fell out of formation and remained fixed as the remaining stars continued on their journeys to the western horizon.

This is a religion for imbeciles.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

thanks god that you did not know where is spot lay down for heavenly body..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
for fun let's pretend the passage isn't forged and Josephus himself wrote it word for word. Again we are pretending for the sake of apologetic argument. So we accept this passage about Jesus in Josephus. If we are going to do that we must also accept his 12 plus passages about Hercules. Ditto with Tacitus who mentions Hercules again and again along with several other ancient historians, scrolls, paintings, coins, pottery and just to show off statues, swords, jewled daggers, tapistries, temples and shrines. Whew!
Good post!

Here's more documentation, this time from Curly Josephus, that Hercules actually existed: "The Three Stooges Meet Hercules" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056579/

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

KJV wrote:
IANS is your own private little god isn't he? So you are not an Atheist you do worship your own god. Rather funny how you admit in you post that you are less then an equal to IANS So why should we waste our time with someone who can't let go of the apron strings of your deity? LOL
This is how you deal with two skeptics coming together to support or commend one another. It should be beneath you. We didn't behave that way following any of your mutual masturbatory sessions with Dim, did we? No. Why do you think that is? Do you think that such a thing never occurs to us, or that we reject it when it does? What do you think is the net effect of posting that way?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

KJV wrote:
anti-Christ (who represents the Devil) will emerge and rule the earth, and there will be much tribulation. Jesus, clothed with a vesture dipped in blood, will descend with armies from heaven upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his (Jesus) mouth will be a sharp sword, and with it he will smite the nations, and he shall rule them with a rod of iron.(Revelation 19:13-15)
"I could not, would not, in a house.
I would not, could not, with a mouse.
I would not eat them with a fox.
I would not eat them in a box." - Green Eggs And Ham

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

KJV wrote:
"The concept of Armageddon predates Christianity and Islam. Zarathustra, founder of Zoroastrianism, was a Persian, who it is believed was the first prophet to preach monotheism. Estimates of Zarathustra's birth range from 660 BCE to 6,000 BCE. Zarathustra preached that there was a supreme God (Ahura Mazda), and an evil spirit (Ahriman). There was also a serpent king (Zohak) under the influence of Ahriman. The apocalyptic process is remarkably similar in Zoroastrianism, a battle foreshadows the end of the world, then there is a waiting period followed by a second battle that vanquishes all evil, followed by a peaceful era. Zarathustra's version of Armageddon is derived from an even older version in Indo-European myth.(Winn 209-211)"
Are you changing teams now? Did you even read this? It says that your mythology is a second hand myth: "Armageddon is derived from an even older version in Indo-European myth."

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Edited from http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
KJV wrote:
TV evangelists reach an estimated 60 million regular viewers (a conservative figure) in the United States, who (according to a Nielsen survey) believe that nuclear war is inevitable because the Bible predicts that planet earth will be destroyed by fire.

The "divinity / second coming of Jesus" theory may arguably qualify as the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind, and there is a great danger that the "Rapture"¯ or "Armageddon" could manifest itself as a self-fulfilling prophecy ... a minority, hardliners from the three Abrahamic faiths ... are trying to create an atmosphere of spiraling violence that could possibly lead to massive destruction and conflagration on our planet. If they get their way, there will be no savior on the horizon with a sword protruding from his mouth (somewhat paradoxical), but hundreds of millions of very disappointed and possibly dead people."
You really need to read what you post before you post it. This is extremely counterproductive for you. It highlights the danger that your religion poses to the world.

In fact, I've reposted it in another thread in follow up to this post there http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :

Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish wrote: "Whatever compromises the survival of the human species is to be eradicated."

IANS wrote: "Your church preaches apocalypse. It also teaches that scientists, including climatologists, aren't to be trusted or believed. Eradication of your church isn't necessary. We only need to neutralize it.“We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan"

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

What's thicker than the bible?

The people that preach it
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin was a flaming racist and stole work from others.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

See what well known atheist Sam Harris has to say about Buddhism.

http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”- Lord William Kelvin
Here are some more quotes from "Lord" Kelvin, this famous faith based thinker, showing us just how shrewd his judgment and insight were:

• "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
• "X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
• "Radio has no future."
• "There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now; All that remains is more and more precise measurement."

Now, thanks to you, Dim, we can add these:

•“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”
•“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

derek4 wrote:
“There can never be any real opposition between religion and science; for the one is the complement of the other.”
- Max Planck
Yet your religion is dying at the hand of scientific revelation. Go figure.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

your mjesina=satanic wind body..Are you for sure your expert is new experiment?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
vanity vanity
nothing new under sky
you try tell us about new experiment oh ho ho ho

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,221 - 7,240 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••