Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#7397 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, stop quote mining.
You mean stop quoting people you make statements against atheist?

Like the father if your believe. "Darwin"

"Incontrovertible Proof Against Evolution

By David J. Stewart

Are you ready for the incontrovertible proof that Evolution is a big hoax? The fact of the matter is that evolutionists don't have as much as one single shred of evidence to support their bizarre claims. This fact alone is incontrovertible PROOF that evolution is the biggest educational big fraud ever fabricated.

Even Charles Darwin himself, unquestionably the father of Evolution, admitted that they had NO PROOF of the origin of the Species...

"A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question..." -SOURCE: "My Life and Letters", Volume 1.

This is not done. Darwin and his Darwinist followers down to the present day, far from allowing a "fair result" to be "obtained" by "fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question," have in fact done their best (or worst!) to prevent "the facts and arguments on" the other side (i.e. creation/design) "of each question" from being fully stated"!

THE REASON WHY MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD IT ALL HAPPENED THAT WAY! In school it is presented as the only way.

Later in life Charles Darwin had grave doubts about his theory. Near the end of his life he said...

"Not one change of species into another is on record... we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."

SOURCE: "My Life and Letters", Volume 1.

Now 150 years later the situation is still the same! Think about it - despite 150 years of frantic searching, that missing link is still missing! Darwin is saying that there was no proof of his theory and there is none today.

What more proof do you need that Evolution is a BIG MYTH than the mere fact that there is NO EVIDENCE? I didn't say "proof," I said "evidence." Let alone trying to prove the theory of evolution, scientists cannot even bring forth any evidence to support their bogus theories. Oh, how foolish are darkened hearts of men. Does not Romans 1:21-22 perfectly describe evolutionists?... "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." They became fools! There is no more brilliant a group of idiots in the world today than the evolutionists.
KJV

United States

#7398 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Part 2

"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old..." —2nd Peter 3:5

The Bizarre LIES of Evolutionists Today

According to Charles Darwin's own words, there is nothing "fair" about what is going on today in the public school system. Children are only being presented one side of the argument, as if it were a fact. But the problem of dishonest scientists (what the Bible calls "science falsely so called" in 1st Timothy 6:20) goes far beyond just the school children. I was recently watching an episode of Walt Disney's History Channel, titled THE UNIVERSE, in which they claim that the entire universe began with a "BIG BANG" 13.7 billion years ago. They claim that the whole universe today originated from a particle smaller than a single atom. I couldn't help but laugh. How could anyone be so naive as to believe such nonsense? They teach this garbage with such certainty, as if it's absolute truth. They are arrogant fools.

In his 1925 autobiography "Mein Kampf," Hitler – who actually did lie his country into war, and a whole lot more – explained with remarkable insight the fantastic power of lying:

… In the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes....

Evolution is the biggest lie ever fabricated. So big a lie in fact, that most people today believe it simply because they've heard it taught their whole life. Any objective thinker would have to quickly conclude, that it is utter lunacy for scientists to claim that the entire universe exploded from a single particle smaller than an atom. However, it makes perfect since to believe the Word of God, i.e., that Jesus Christ spoke the universe into existence by the power of His Word (John 1:1-3,14). I can believe the Biblical truth that God created the universe from nothing; BUT, I cannot accept the ignoramus notion that the whole universe exploded from a single particle smaller than an atom.
KJV

United States

#7399 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Part 3

If the universe did come from a single particle, then where did that particle come from? Hmmm? Evolutionists have NO ANSWER to this question. The best answer they can come up with are more theories to support their theories. Can something come from nothing? Not according to laws of thermodynamics, which state that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. There is a constant amount of energy in the universe. Every solid object around us is composed of energy. Energy driven Subatomic particles make up the atoms that compose the universe. God is amazing! No wonder that David said in Psalm 145:3... "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is UNSEARCHABLE." Scientists today are stumped concerning the greatness and complexities of this massive universe. It is so wonderful that we can just take God at His Word and know that He is the Divine Creator. I feel sorry for evolutionists, who frantically spend their entire lives searching for something that doesn't exist; namely, evolution. I am so glad that I'm a born-again Christian.

Conclusion

Evolutionists are liars! The very fact that evolutionists teach Darwinism as if it were a fact, reveals their blatant bias against the Word of God. Any honest scientist would have to conclude that evolution is nothing more than a delusional fantasy. The strongest proof against evolution rests in the fact that there is NO conclusive evidence to support it. Also, there is NO recorded history of civilization prior to 4000 B.C. Another compelling argument is that the men who authored the modern theories of evolution were atheists; thus, they automatically rejected God's Word.

Furthermore, if you are an adherent of Evolution, then you are in good company with Karl Marx and Adolf Hitler, who both embraced the godless and dehumanizing teachings of evolution...

Please read DEVILUTION!

If you repeat nonsense often enough for long enough, it becomes proven fact — It's a proven fact!

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ." —2nd Thessalonians 1:8"

Ye Must Be Born Again!

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%2520...
KJV

United States

#7400 Dec 1, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>This episode was actually a very good example of how the scientific method works in practice. The people at CERN got some results that they could not explain and that would contradict a central notion of modern physics. So they published their results, asking for the comments of the rest of the physics community. In the process, it was discovered that the cables they were using affected their timing measurements in such a way that their conclusions would be negated. Subsequent testing by those at CERN and those at other locations showed their original data was flawed.

As Einstein once said 'nature is subtle, but not malicious'. It is important to be very careful about all aspects of collecting and analyzing data. But, instead of the community ostracizing those at CERN, they rolled up their sleeves and attempted to understand what was going on. In this case, the data was flawed. It is possible that in the future Einstein will be shown wrong. That is how science works. Unlike religion, science actually questions the fundamentals of its subject and is willing to change beliefs based on evidence.
Yes they found their errors and admitted they found the goof. And went back to work.

Evolutionist need to take a page from this. Evolution has never been proven (macro evolution) that is.
KJV

United States

#7401 Dec 1, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take anything Khatru says seriously. I just reply to Khatru because he / she is just a big joke, lol. But, actually almost likeable, being so pathetically comical.

One reason atheists like these forums is because 8 or 10 of them band together and form a majority IN THE FORUM, since most Christians don't bother with them. Then they think they are the all around public majority, but they have such a mousy small voice outside of this forum, that no one listens to them – so in here, they think they are taking over and winning. It gives them that psychological boost.

I don't need a boost, I already know I'm on the winning team in the real world.

So ARE the atheists “winning”--- no, no, no, no, no..........they are losing.......losing........los ing......LMAO.
Yes but remember my last world wide survey show 2.04% are atheist that's down from the 2.3% from the year before. LOL

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7402 Dec 1, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they found their errors and admitted they found the goof. And went back to work.
Evolutionist need to take a page from this. Evolution has never been proven (macro evolution) that is.
The next time you are ill make certain to use only treatment produced by creation "science" else you are a hypocrite.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#7403 Dec 1, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean stop quoting people you make statements against atheist?
Like the father if your believe. "Darwin"
"Incontrovertible Proof Against Evolution
By David J. Stewart
Are you ready for the incontrovertible proof that Evolution is a big hoax? The fact of the matter is that evolutionists don't have as much as one single shred of evidence to support their bizarre claims. This fact alone is incontrovertible PROOF that evolution is the biggest educational big fraud ever fabricated.
Even Charles Darwin himself, unquestionably the father of Evolution, admitted that they had NO PROOF of the origin of the Species...
"A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question..." -SOURCE: "My Life and Letters", Volume 1.
This is not done. Darwin and his Darwinist followers down to the present day, far from allowing a "fair result" to be "obtained" by "fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question," have in fact done their best (or worst!) to prevent "the facts and arguments on" the other side (i.e. creation/design) "of each question" from being fully stated"!
THE REASON WHY MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD IT ALL HAPPENED THAT WAY! In school it is presented as the only way.
Later in life Charles Darwin had grave doubts about his theory. Near the end of his life he said...
"Not one change of species into another is on record... we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."
SOURCE: "My Life and Letters", Volume 1.
Now 150 years later the situation is still the same! Think about it - despite 150 years of frantic searching, that missing link is still missing! Darwin is saying that there was no proof of his theory and there is none today.
What more proof do you need that Evolution is a BIG MYTH than the mere fact that there is NO EVIDENCE? I didn't say "proof," I said "evidence." Let alone trying to prove the theory of evolution, scientists cannot even bring forth any evidence to support their bogus theories. Oh, how foolish are darkened hearts of men. Does not Romans 1:21-22 perfectly describe evolutionists?... "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." They became fools! There is no more brilliant a group of idiots in the world today than the evolutionists.
No, stop quote mining, you skipped the rest of what was written by Darwin in a lazy lie, often repeated by creatards like you. Include the rest of it, if you don't, then you are just lying. So stop lying.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#7404 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS?
WTFISANIANSLMFAO!
I'll share this one of IANS with you:

You know how you whackjobs believe that Adam was made in the image of your god?

Well, I asked whether that meant your god had a foreskin.

IANS said that we can't be sure about that but we do know that Jesus had one because he told us so himself.

When he was nailed to that cross and pretending to die, he called out....

"My god! My god! Why hast thou foreskinned me?"

This was misheard by the author of Mark who added it to his error-strewn book.

ROFLMAO!

Nottingham, UK

#7405 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me in the NT where it says that YFNN
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them."

Job 1:6

"18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the Lord; I saw the Lord sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.

19 And the Lord said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

20 Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will entice him. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith?

21 And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so."

2 Chronicles 18:18-21

Here we have Satan and a lying spirit allowed into heaven. I guess you'd better get ready with the usual apologetics.

Nottingham, UK

#7406 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Real surprise there! YFNN
The proof is there to be seen.

You know how liars make the baby Jesus weep.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#7407 Dec 2, 2012
Khatru wrote:
Christians look at the barbarisms of the Muslim world and then proceed to slap each other on the back, secure in the knowledge that they're better than all that.

Of course barbaric behaviour is exactly what Christians once displayed but thanks to atheists and free thinkers, the Christian tiger has been de-clawed.

So the next time a Christian feels he's more civilised than a Muslim, he can thank the atheists for making it so.
Good point.

I recall that citation from Pat Condell that you brought us, which says essentially the same thing, namely that the Christians can thank conscience, reason and compassion - the elements of the rational ethics in secular humanism - for their civilized censoring of their bible:

YOUR MORAL GUIDE
http://dotsub.com/view/e88246dd-b45e-4eca-8e8...

"Religious people often say that atheists have no morals because they have no moral guide. If you believe this, let me ask you something. If you're a Christian, chances are the Bible is your moral guide, but is that all the Bible, or just some of it?

"It's just the good bits, isn't it? The bits you've cherry-picked because obviously if you wanted to live in a Leviticus-style society where people are stoned or mutilated for insane and trivial reasons you could simply move to Iran.

"But how do you decide which are the good bits and which are the bad in the Bible? What do you use as a moral guide? The Bible? Well, surely not. If so, you would simply accept the bad along with the good, which is clearly what the Bible wants you to do otherwise the bad wouldn't be in there in the first place, would it?

"But no, you don't do that. You defy the Bible. You sift out the bad and discard it for the ignorant primitive barbarism it is. In short, you edit the Bible to suit your own sensibilities. So where do you get the moral guidance to impose your authority on the word of the Bible? It has to come from a higher source, doesn't it?(These things usually do.)

"And it does, of course. It comes from you. You are a higher source than the Bible, a much higher source. The criminals who run religion don't want you to know or to act upon this because then their influence over you would be zero.

"Yet the evidence is clear. You sifted the good from the bad in the Bible without the Bible's help. You did it against the Bible's will, and you did it all on your own because, whether you like it or not, you have a conscience, which means that you are capable of distinguishing good from evil without the help of scripture, and you have just proven it beyond any shadow of doubt.

"So, in fact, the Bible is not your moral guide. You are. It doesn't provide you with a moral compass. You do. And the only faith you need is faith in yourself. O happy day.

Nottingham, UK

#7408 Dec 2, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you call me A Christian?
Why I'm a atheist. LMFAO at NN.
You're an atheist?

So despite what you say, you don't take the Bible very seriously at all?

More lies. Why do you lie so much?

Fennario

#7409 Dec 2, 2012
KJV wrote:
When CBS' sex-slathered sitcom Two and a Half Men premiered in 2003, nine-year- old co-star Angus T. Jones played Jake Harper, the Jon Cryer character’s son, making up the "half man" of the title. Now age 19 and a convert to Christianity, Jones shocked Hollywood this week by publicly denouncing the program as "filth." Jones also wished he was not bound by his contract to remain on the show, and urged viewers to stop watching:
"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it's just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch," Jones said
PTC Applauds Angus T. Jones
It isn't easy to stand against the Hollywood juggernaut — especially when that same juggernaut pays your salary, and has been a major part of your life since age nine. In the wake of the media explosion surrounding his remarks, Jones offered a clarification statement thanking his co-workers on Two and a Half Men for their many years of friendship...but notably,
"Jones did NOT retract his statements about the show’s "filthy" content."
I used to like that kid.

Fennario

#7410 Dec 2, 2012
KJV wrote:
Sense we don't know but a fraction of what's out there. I believe you're taking a Quantum leap ruling anything out.
I don't need to go "out there" for the answer concerning Jehovah. Your bible refutes that hypothesis right here on earth.
KJV wrote:
We know so little and we don't know so much only true arrogance would allow anyone to cement in on one possibility of how life or the universe started well know knowing 99.9% of what's out there.
That's odd coming from somebody who makes decisions based on faith.

Fennario

#7411 Dec 2, 2012
KJV wrote:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Particles Found to Travel Faster Than Speed of Light
Neutrino results challenge a cornerstone of Albert Einstein's special theory of relativity, which itself forms the foundation of modern physics
Why are you still posting this misinformation? Polymath debunked it for you.

Fennario

#7412 Dec 2, 2012
KJV wrote:
Ereditato says that he is confident enough in the new result to make it public. The researchers claim to have measured the 730-kilometer trip between CERN and its detector to within 20 centimeters. They can measure the time of the trip to within 10 nanoseconds, and they have seen the effect in more than 16,000 events measured over the past two years. Given all this, they believe the result has a significance of six-sigma - the physicists' way of saying it is certainly correct.
Do you have a point? Is it that the physicist was certain yet wrong? Please try to develop the habit of making any point in simple declarative statements somewhere in your post if you want to discuss it. Presently, I have no idea why you posted that. You've already been shown that it is wrong:

"CERN Confirms Neutrinos Not Faster Than Light"
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/11125516...

"Faster-than-light neutrino really not fast, scientists say (again)"
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/scienceno...

Fennario

#7413 Dec 2, 2012
derek4 wrote:
I stated no opinion about C.S. Lewis.
Yes you did, and so did I.

You thought he was one of the "Great scientists from the past [1]," and I told you that he was a writer and a hack literary critic, not a scientist.

[1] http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7414 Dec 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point? Is it that the physicist was certain yet wrong? Please try to develop the habit of making any point in simple declarative statements somewhere in your post if you want to discuss it. Presently, I have no idea why you posted that. You've already been shown that it is wrong:
"CERN Confirms Neutrinos Not Faster Than Light"
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/11125516...
"Faster-than-light neutrino really not fast, scientists say (again)"
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/scienceno...
20 years from now the godbots will still be saying the same BS.

Fennario

#7415 Dec 2, 2012
derek4 wrote:
[... about 20 percent of atheist scientists are 'spiritual,' if not formally religious.- Ms Ecklund said it, so take it to the bank, lol.]
I don't see how a Christian can be spiritual at all. Your infantile dogma drags you down. Authentic spirituality involves a connection to nature. Your dogma rips you right out of the universe psychologically and philosophically. You see our world as "worldly," a word which you can barely choke out so great is your contempt for it. Unbelievably, you hate matter itself, and consider it base, and hate the philosophy based in it: materialism.

And you loathe humanity just as much, referring to your own material being as "the flesh," which is spat out with the same contempt that you say "the world."

What could be less spiritual than that? Do you think that you are spiritual because you refer to the mythical pigeon as the Holy Spirit? Wouldn't I be just as spiritual worshiping Casper the Friendly Ghost?

Spirituality combines awe, mystery, gratitude and a sense of connection to the universe. You have taken whatever little of that you might have had and exported it out of our universe to a nonexistent realm populated by figments of your imagination. You have shifted your attention from your humanity, your world, and even your only life to nowhere, and to your death.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#7416 Dec 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I used to like that kid.
I saw the 15 minute video with him and the preacher that got him.

It was truly pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 12 min BeHereNow 139
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min KiMare 227,925
How Awe-Inspiring Experiences Can Make You Happ... 49 min NightSerf 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Dak-Original 22,481
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr NightSerf 502
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr TurkanaBoy 356
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 2 hr Religionislies 4,117
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE