Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#6378 Nov 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed a few words in there, I added them.
No probs. Here's another:

What goes "Oh no! Once again the devastating logic of the atheists have made me and my religion look very stupid indeed. I know I can't refute anything they say so I'll just flood the thread with a lot of spam that I don't really understand"

Nottingham, UK

#6379 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What is black and brown and looks great on Atheist?
Rottweilers.
How does Jesus masturbate?

He jerks off using the hole in his hand

Nottingham, UK

#6380 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe there is no God or Gods.
Am I wrong?
Do you believe that there is no such thing as a God?
I don't believe in any gods.

Nottingham, UK

#6381 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted else where by derek4
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...
“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
Not believing in something is not a religion.

Nottingham, UK

#6382 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now the Hebrews were not an especially technological society; when Solomon built his Temple he had to hire Phoenecian artisans for the really technical work. So the author of this passage may not have known the exact value of pi, or thought his readers might not be aware that specifying the diameter of a circle automatically specifies its circumference. In any case, the essential point was the impressive size of the cauldron, and its dimensions were only approximate, because the ratio of the circumference to the diameter is stated to be EXACTLY 3! rather than the real value of pi which is 3.14159...."
What how could this be?
The bible said to build it ratio of the circumference to the diameter to 3 and son of a gun it is 3 and not Pi.
Hmmm maybe God didn't want to use Pi?
http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/pseudosc/pibible.h...
The Bible says that Pi = 3

None of your apologetics can change that.

Do you also dispute the Bible when it says that the world and everything on it was created in six days?

Nottingham, UK

#6383 Nov 21, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need your okay to say anything, lol. Darwin brought us fraudulent science and Khatru religiously accepts it.
You want to know what fraudulent science is?

It's when you don't accept evidence because it runs contrary to your mythology.

It's making your conclusion before you've completed the investigation.

In other words, it's creationism.

Nottingham, UK

#6384 Nov 21, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so intelligent, but you don't know how to find a scripture? It's elementary, lmao. I've included a link for you.
You need to read your Bible, and you would know what it says. You've just shown your ignorance, AGAIN lol.
http://debunkingatheists.blogspot.com/2008/08...
In your next post you wrote:you just keep on failing to refute us.- No, I don't fail to refute you, lmao. Many of your posts and others I simply don't read, and I consistently refuse to waste my time on more than 3 or 4 of atheists' gibberish posts.
It wouldn't matter what anyone said who is on the opposite side of you, you wouldn't accept it if they said black was black and white was white, so why should I bother? Do I care what you think? No.
I didn't ask you to respond to my posts, nor do I care if you do or not. Ignore them if you wish. Read them if you wish do whatever turns you on, lol.
You post opinions. I don't know you or respect you, so your opinions carry no weight with me. Further, I don't really care what you do, what you say, or whether you like it or not. Participating in the forum assigns no obligation to me to address anything. So deal with it - my present policy will continue, lol.
I can't help but notice your failure to cite the scripture that describes the earth as a sphere. Perhaps that's because there isn't one and you're lying for the baby Jesus again.

Given the Bible's ratio for Pi, this is hardly surprising. Your god has some pretty funny ideas about what a sphere is.
KJV

United States

#6385 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>How does Jesus masturbate?

He jerks off using the hole in his hand
What do you call a smart Atheist?

Nothing there aren't any.
KJV

United States

#6386 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe in any gods.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe there is no God or Gods.
Am I wrong?
Do you believe that there is no such thing as a God?
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe in any gods.
Huh!
KJV

United States

#6387 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Not believing in something is not a religion.
It is if you make it one.

Nottingham, UK

#6388 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It is if you make it one.
That's like saying a rectangle is not a square until you make it one.

The default position remains that non belief is not a religion.
KJV

United States

#6389 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible says that Pi = 3

None of your apologetics can change that.

Do you also dispute the Bible when it says that the world and everything on it was created in six days?
Kind of hung up on that Pi thing aren't ya buddy?

People are building things using their forearms as a measuring stick and you're all hung up on the .1415....

You know you're insane right?

Nut case!
KJV

United States

#6390 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No probs. Here's another:

What goes "Oh no! Once again the devastating logic of the atheists have made me and my religion look very stupid indeed. I know I can't refute anything they say so I'll just flood the thread with a lot of spam that I don't really understand"
You can't understand those post?

We need to dumb it down for you?
KJV

United States

#6391 Nov 21, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>That's like saying a rectangle is not a square until you make it one.

The default position remains that non belief is not a religion.
Correct! Non belief.

Atheist BELIEVE there is no God or Gods.

Believing in something that cannot be proven is faith. Another interchangeable word for faith is RELIGION.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6392 Nov 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Those congregations are dwindling as churches owe at an all time high rate. I have an idea! Pay people to go to your church and then charge smart people a fee to walk around and enjoy the backwards ancient thinking spectacle!
Us smart people can walk around with a tour guide taking pictures of you freaks and laughing at you as the tour guide explains, yes these people believe Yahweh created all and is the supreme being yet he didn't realize Adam might want some poon every once In a while! The tour laughs and looks forward to buying something at the gift shop on the way out.
Yes it may be a bit disturbing to your church services but it would provide desperately needed revenue!
Think about it this could be the answer to your prayers!
<quoted text>
You are assuming too much. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not have debt. All of its projects are fully funded before they are started. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not a dwindling church either.

For church financial information click here
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-...

For church membership statistics, click here.(temples are not meeting houses by the way. Each "ward" or "branch" is a congregation.
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/statistics/

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6393 Nov 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Those congregations are dwindling as churches owe at an all time high rate. I have an idea! Pay people to go to your church and then charge smart people a fee to walk around and enjoy the backwards ancient thinking spectacle!
Us smart people can walk around with a tour guide taking pictures of you freaks and laughing at you as the tour guide explains, yes these people believe Yahweh created all and is the supreme being yet he didn't realize Adam might want some poon every once In a while! The tour laughs and looks forward to buying something at the gift shop on the way out.
Yes it may be a bit disturbing to your church services but it would provide desperately needed revenue!
Think about it this could be the answer to your prayers!
<quoted text>
"The Church has no debt." Of Missions, Temples, and Stewardship.
President Gordon B. Hinckley
KJV

United States

#6394 Nov 21, 2012
Now pay close attention to the last entry and it name "Atheist" vs "non-religious"
2nd to last.

IF THEY WERE THE SAME THEY WOULD HAVE LISTED THEM THAT WAY!

The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.

Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL

Type all the lies you want, survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6395 Nov 21, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Yes we do!
LMAO
Thanks for staying in the forum, KJV. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Location hidden

#6396 Nov 21, 2012
Why are so many atheists rude, obnoxious, and arrogant?

Some atheists are civil and respectful, but they are hard to find in Y!A. Others act like Beavis and Butthead and snicker when they post offensive questions and answers here. Some act like everyone who doesn't agree with them are deluded and ignorant. I like debating religion and philosophy with intelligent and respectful atheists, but these trolls are making the rest of them look bad. If any atheists post rude and offensive remarks, they will only be proving me correct.

[Poster's insert: I have never found an intelligent and respectful atheist, LOL.]

Some of the answers that were found here

Answer:Well lets not be so judgmental. Everyone has their beliefs and we need to learn to respect each others beliefs and discuss them in a civilized way. That is the only way we can get the truth out. Source(s):I am a Christian.[It's not being judgmental to recognize rudeness.]

Answer:Probably for the same reason so many theists (often calling themselves "Christian") are rude, obnoxious, arrogant and hypocritical. They're human.[Kind of true. Christians can be rude too when God is slandered. It's offensive.]

Answer:I don't mean this to be rude, but you're doing exactly what you don't like.- Donna [Wrong, Donna (atheist). It was an honest question that deserves an honest answer.]

Answer:They're angry...they don't understand and it makes them mad...Christians are happy Christ loving people who have found Something to live for...while atheists don't even know why we're here....the devil at work.[10 people on Yahoo rated this as a good answer]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Location hidden

#6397 Nov 21, 2012
The Rude Atheists

Some atheists are fair-minded. Atheist S.E. Cupp wrote about her fathers conversion to Christianity:

As a longtime atheist, I was a little surprised. But eventually I came to be relieved by this development. While my friends fathers were buying flashy sports cars and exchanging their wives for models, my own father was turning inward and asking: Is there more to life than this? I was also proud of him for becoming a student again. As I watched him pore over C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel and even neoatheist thinkers such as Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens, I thought it amazing that he still wanted to learn something new. It was a revelation Id experience over and over again meeting faithful believers and discovering that, no matter how long they had been in the fold, many were still on a dogged quest for spiritual knowledge.(The Arrogance of the Atheists: They batter Believers in Religion with Smug Certainty)

Cupp also has some things to say about the current crop of outspoken atheists:

The truth is, folks like [Bill] Maher and Silverman dont want to know about actual belief in fact, they are much more certain about the nature of the world than most actual believers, who understand that a measure of doubt is necessary for faith. They want to focus on the downfall of a gay pastor or the Nativity scene at the mall. I wonder what theyd say to someone like Immaculee Ilibagiza, a survivor of the Rwandan genocide who says that her faith in Jesus Christ got her through 91 days of hiding in a 3x4-foot bathroom while her family was murdered outside. Would they tell her she was crazy? Delusional? To just deal with it? I would hope not but Im not sure.

Interestingly, this was quoted in an atheist newsletter (Pique, Feb. 2011)! Why? To bash her, of course! The editor responded:

What bothers Ms. Cupp and so many other critics of the new atheists is that we have stopped apologizing for our belief in reason and science, and that we are no longer willing to give idiotic faith a pass. No, we wont respect your beliefNo more.

Since when has an atheist ever apologized for their belief in reason and science? Everyone wants to play the victim card, even if they are the oppressors. Obviously, there is little for the atheist to affirm. Although they affirm reason and science, this in itself isnt enough. Christians also affirm them! The renaissance of science was largely envisioned through the telescope of Christians!

Its not enough to promote a negative atheism. They have to denigrate the opposite people of faith. Ive gone to many atheist or secular humanist meetings. Since they have little to celebrate, they spend large bulks of their time pouring contempt on Christians as they promote respect for human rights.
http://mannsword.blogspot.com/2011/03/rude-at...

[BEST STATEMENT IN THE TEXT:Since they [atheists] have little to celebrate, they spend large bulks of their time pouring contempt on Christians as they promote respect for human rights.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! 1 min thetruth 371
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 min thetruth 1,456
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 min thetruth 23,261
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Joe fortuna 233,132
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 9 hr Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 9 hr SnuffAGlobalist 18
$13.5m for jehovahs witness sex victim 13 hr P_Smith 2
More from around the web