Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 300)

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
What goes
Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop
Bang! Tinkle ... Pound ... Clank Clank ... Click Bang!
Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop?
Amish drive-by shooting.
You missed a few words in there, I added them.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>I don't click on random links. Answer the question or concede.
Your loss not mine.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, now you accept evolution.
Do I?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I?
The article you posted not only explained it all with the theory of evolution, but it depends on the theory of evolution for all of it's information. Therefore, if you stand by that article, you stand by evolution.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>What's the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus?

You only need one nail to hang up a picture of Jesus.
What is black and brown and looks great on Atheist?

Rottweilers.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we know that, too.

It's what Christians like to do when they have social control.
Got a match Pinocchio?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Jesus die on the cross?

Because he forgot his safe word.
What's your safe word? Mommy?

LOL
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Belief that deities don't exist is not religion, wetpants.

It's a disbelief.

And you know what?

It's stronger than your belief.
You believe there is no God or Gods.
Am I wrong?

Do you believe that there is no such thing as a God?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Belief that deities don't exist is not religion, wetpants.

It's a disbelief.

And you know what?

It's stronger than your belief.
Posted else where by derek4

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>He'll concede.

He always does.

He even thinks that Pi = 3
"Now the Hebrews were not an especially technological society; when Solomon built his Temple he had to hire Phoenecian artisans for the really technical work. So the author of this passage may not have known the exact value of pi, or thought his readers might not be aware that specifying the diameter of a circle automatically specifies its circumference. In any case, the essential point was the impressive size of the cauldron, and its dimensions were only approximate, because the ratio of the circumference to the diameter is stated to be EXACTLY 3! rather than the real value of pi which is 3.14159...."

What how could this be?

The bible said to build it ratio of the circumference to the diameter to 3 and son of a gun it is 3 and not Pi.

Hmmm maybe God didn't want to use Pi?

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/pseudosc/pibible.h...
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

youtube.com/watch... Old Farts or Young Stinkers?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The article you posted not only explained it all with the theory of evolution, but it depends on the theory of evolution for all of it's information. Therefore, if you stand by that article, you stand by evolution.
I do?

Or maybe I slap you or them with their own science claim. That goes against you or the others idiots claiming you're wrong.
I don't have say a thing. You atheist can't even get it straight.

See KK I don't have join your religion to quote it.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
No its true, God does not answer prayer. Why should he? After all. All Christians are doing by praying is saying "God, you are wrong. DOnt do what you are doing. Do what I want instead." Cant you see how blasphemous that is? Think about it.
Your post is false, doesn't match Bible teaching. Subject closed, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That describes Christians perfectly. They believe stuff without evidence, and ignore evidence which contradicts their beliefs.
Where we differ is the free thinkers here are critical of supernatural claims, and question bizarre claims and magical thinking. That is how to think rationally.
Don't flatter yourself. You're not free thinkers, you all come from the same mold, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, the evidence for Evolution is something you can only dream about.
You can deny evolution if you like but then you can also say the moon is made of cheese.
I don't need your okay to say anything, lol. Darwin brought us fraudulent science and Khatru religiously accepts it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but notice your failure to cite the scripture that describes the earth as a sphere. Perhaps that's because there isn't one and you're lying for the baby Jesus again.
Given the Bible's ratio for Pi, this is hardly surprising. Your god has some pretty funny ideas about what a sphere is.
You're so intelligent, but you don't know how to find a scripture? It's elementary, lmao. I've included a link for you.

You need to read your Bible, and you would know what it says. You've just shown your ignorance, AGAIN lol.

http://debunkingatheists.blogspot.com/2008/08...

In your next post you wrote:you just keep on failing to refute us.- No, I don't fail to refute you, lmao. Many of your posts and others I simply don't read, and I consistently refuse to waste my time on more than 3 or 4 of atheists' gibberish posts.

It wouldn't matter what anyone said who is on the opposite side of you, you wouldn't accept it if they said black was black and white was white, so why should I bother? Do I care what you think? No.

I didn't ask you to respond to my posts, nor do I care if you do or not. Ignore them if you wish. Read them if you wish do whatever turns you on, lol.

You post opinions. I don't know you or respect you, so your opinions carry no weight with me. Further, I don't really care what you do, what you say, or whether you like it or not. Participating in the forum assigns no obligation to me to address anything. So deal with it - my present policy will continue, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted else where by derek4
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...
“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
I forgot about that one, KJV it goes back a ways, but I still have it saved somewhere. Thanks for bringing it back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Why do atheists lose debates?

I've seen a few atheists on the internet discuss why their side typically loses debates against theists, and they offer some theories, including the lack time to clarify their positions, their presentation of a weak case, etc. I must say, as a theist, these sound like pretty lame excuses.

continued:

Atheists just have an inadequate worldview. That's the best explanation for why their arguments are so quickly and easily defeated. Since the demise of the logical argument from evil, atheism is an untenable case. Sure, some atheists try to show that the concept of God is incoherent, but they've never been able to construct a convincing argument, and the probabilistic problem of evil is too presumptuous. At best, if atheists were successful in tearing down all of the classical theistic arguments for God, the only rationally justifiable position to take would be soft agnosticism, as hard agnosticism is also very presumptuous. How do you know that no one can know about God? How can you say you can't know anything about God, because saying that is positing a knowledge claim about God!
http://www.thinkinggodsthoughts.com/2010/09/w...

[Powerful great author, great points!!!!- Glad to share it with you.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Here's an atheist writing about atheists losing debates, lol:

Why atheists lose debates

I love the great atheism resource that is www.commonsenseatheism.org . LukeProg does an immense amount of excellent work asking the top philosophers difficult questions about atheism and philosophy. You should especially check out the catalog of 500 atheism/theism debates.

Anyway, I would like to share a great blog post from the Luke entitled, Why atheists lose debates. I think I mostly agree with him, although I really chalk it up to William Lane Craig being a one-man debate wrecking crew. He wins a lot of debates, but I also think that theists like Dinesh DSouza, Matt Slick, Frank Turek, and David Wholpe get clowned(yeah, I used a word an urban dictionary worddeal with it!) in debates as well.
http://anamericanatheist.org/2010/08/16/why-a...

[Atheists get clowned- LMAO]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Atheist Matt Dillahunty loses debate says he doesnt know lol
http://www.yasradio.com/atheist-matt-dillahun...

[Dejected atheist caught on tape dreadfully losing the debate how embarrassing for him, lol.]

[There is no enduring truth in atheism.]

[There's no truth of ANY kind in atheism.]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••