Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11178 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#42 Sep 7, 2012
Atheists stay on the defensive by arguing against other posts instead of explaining their own beliefs in original posts. Watch them get hostile toward this post.
Martin Williams

Atlanta, GA

#43 Sep 7, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
And one final note to the forum:
I am deleting this thread from the threads I follow up on. In other words, I will not be returning to check for rebuttals. The reason is because I would only expect to see more of the same brainless posts and atheistic hatred I've seen far too many times already and the same rhetoric atheists always go through. More pink unicorns, more insults against God and the Christian belief. Don't need the aggravation, and don't need to waste any more time with any of them than I've already wasted. Feel free to chop up my post into little pieces, and break it all down, or dismiss me with a single sentence......lol.....whatever you want to do, but realize that I will not be back to check up on you, sweetie cakes, so the only good that will do is to serve for you all to gratify each other. And you know what, I hope it does that for you. The only joy you get from this life is what you experience at the moment, since death will bring you only one of two things:(1) nothing at all but worms and decay, if you are right, or (2) hell if you're wrong. Your belief is a lose/lose situation. Take care of your health, eat right, and enjoy the limited years on the planet that you have while you can. Okey Dokey?[OKEY DOKEY]
Thank you, that's very condescending of you.
Martin Williams

Atlanta, GA

#44 Sep 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Atheists stay on the defensive by arguing against other posts instead of explaining their own beliefs in original posts. Watch them get hostile toward this post.
Thanks for stopping by, I would say that you may not have read many posts then.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#45 Sep 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
It is difficult to explain one's beliefs when one has none. Learn what atheist means.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#46 Sep 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Not at all hostile. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god(s). That's it. Pretty simple isn't it? Most people already know that though, so there isn't much of a need to explain it too often.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#47 Sep 7, 2012
Why do some christians believe that their right to believe should somehow be given preference over nonbelievers' right to not buy the bull?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#48 Sep 8, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
there are no atheists in hell.
The final argument of a defeated Christian. You really have nothing else, do you? You have no carrot, as almost nobody is attracted to the idea of praising some black hole of ego and need for eternity, so you are left with your stick. Boo!

Fennario

#49 Sep 8, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
I have no burden for your soul, and that is also supported by the Bible
We are trying to make a better world not just for our grandchildren, but yours as well. You don't care about anything but your soul, which doesn't even exist.

You and your bible are sickening. We need fewer churches and people like you in our neighborhoods.

Fennario

#50 Sep 8, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
And one final note to the forum:
I am deleting this thread from the threads I follow up on. In other words, I will not be returning to check for rebuttals.
Another coward for Jesus.
Ruby Dawson wrote:
The reason is because I would only expect to see more of the same
Get used to it. Our time has come, and we have a voice at last. There is so much to say about your church.
Ruby Dawson wrote:
atheistic hatred I've seen far too many times already
As Emo Philips told his German brother-in-law, who was lamenting about how hard it was to find a good bagel in Berlin, "who's fault is that?"
Ruby Dawson wrote:
more insults against God and the Christian belief.
This is only the beginning.
Ruby Dawson wrote:
Your belief is a lose/lose situation.
For you, not for me.

Fennario

#51 Sep 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Atheists stay on the defensive by arguing against other posts instead of explaining their own beliefs in original posts.
And what did you just do here, Jesus Boy?
derek4 wrote:
Watch them get hostile toward this post.
Did you think you go so a drive-by, and then avoid criticism by adding that comment?

How about this: We promise not to burn you at the stake or put you in the iron maiden for your beliefs. That's more than your church ever did for us.

Fennario

#52 Sep 8, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
Why do some christians believe that their right to believe should somehow be given preference over nonbelievers' right to not buy the bull?
These threads are providing a useful reality check for the Christians. They're used to being able to belch their threats of hellfire unopposed.

After so many centuries of patting themselves on the back for being so good, they are amazed not only to hear back talk, but to discover the degree of contempt and hostility so many non-Christians feel for their church.

Like the insubstantial Ruby, they tuck tail and run.

Location hidden

#53 Sep 8, 2012
Told you they would get hostile, and they proved me right. So funny, so predictable, so universally angry. Could have pretty much guessed what they would all say. Funny. Love to watch them showing their colors - gives them their adrenalin rush. Unimpressive as usual.

Location hidden

#54 Sep 8, 2012
Atheists never run, run, run, except when they poo poo and when they speak. It's hard to tell the difference since either of their holes look the same :)

Location hidden

#55 Sep 8, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Another coward for Jesus.
<quoted text>Our time has come, and we have a voice at last.
Hurrah! Bravo! Freedom finally arrived! Yippee :)
No more hiding in the prairie dog holes!
Skeptic

Newtownards, UK

#57 Sep 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Atheists never run, run, run, except when they poo poo and when they speak. It's hard to tell the difference since either of their holes look the same :)
So no proof of god then. I guess childish insults is all you guys really have had for centuries. What can we expect from immature liars afraid of death - invent a fantasy, become religious...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#58 Sep 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Atheists never run, run, run, except when they poo poo and when they speak.

It makes sense that Christians would see it like that, and further, confuse those areas.
derek4 wrote:
It's hard to tell the difference since either of their holes look the same :)
Just look at the child molestation problems that are prevalent in Christian institutions where the clergy and members are raping young children primarily in, how did you put it?

<derek4>"either of their holes look the same :)"

Yeah.

Location hidden

#59 Sep 8, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god then. I guess childish insults is all you guys really have had for centuries. What can we expect from immature liars afraid of death - invent a fantasy, become religious...
Right. No proof.
No fear.
Only as childish as you, bubba.
Not religious, lmao.

Location hidden

#60 Sep 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult to explain one's beliefs when one has none. Learn what atheist means.
cute specs.
cute dark brown lips (poo poo?)

Location hidden

#61 Sep 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Just look at the child molestation Yeah.
turns you on, don't it?
Skeptic

Newtownards, UK

#62 Sep 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. No proof.
Thanks and goodbye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 238,971
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 1 hr thetruth 7,439
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr thetruth 7,220
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 7 hr thetruth 92
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Thu thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web