Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
5,921 - 5,940 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Nikki wrote:
I'd rather forgotten how angry and spiteful these christians are. I don't get why though, I mean they believe they are the special, chosen people, shouldn't that make them happy?
Oh, they're bitter and twisted lot alright; frothing at the mouth with bile and invective.

They're never happy, they're far too busy spreading the bigotry and hatred of the Bible.

Finally, did I say that every single one of them is terrified of their god?

No?

Alright then - Every single one of them is terrified of their god.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice that you feel the need to help your other friends through the piles of anti atheist articles and facts. One would think that they would know on there own by now just how to scroll.
Well I guess you know the crowd you hang with better then me. LOL
At least I don't need to tell Christians how to use their computers.
And you think you're the bright ones!
What do you call a room full of Atheist?
(Kindling)
What's the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus?

You only need one nail to hang up a picture of Jesus.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit the best argument you have is Darwin's mythology and fraudulent science. I can see why you would see yourself in a sorry state of affairs. Thanks for admitting it.
Unfortunately for you, the evidence for Evolution is something you can only dream about.

You can deny evolution if you like but then you can also say the moon is made of cheese.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
Geopolitics and Bible Prophecy
“What does the world’s largest natural gas company, a tiny Jewish nation in the Middle East, and an ancient Bible prophecy all have in common? We’re not quite sure yet, but recent headlines indicate there’s something awry off Israel’s coast.
...“Russia will lead a coalition of nations into the mountains of Israel for the purposes of “spoil and plunder”(Ezekiel 38:12 NASV). God draws the invaders into Israel, but He uses the wealth of Israel to do it.
This leaves us with a very important question: What does Israel have that Russia wants? God only knows what this future plunder will be, but there are many plunder-worthy things Israel has that Russia would like to own.
First, Israel is a strategic gem in the Middle East. Situated along the Suez Canal and the Red Sea, Israel has access to two very important waterways. Throughout history, anyone controlling the tiny strip of land, formerly known as the Levant, controlled the region. Israeli Ports such as Haifa and Eilat would instantly give Russia access to the world’s most important oil-rich waterways.
Secondly, Israel is of inestimable worth politically. Sacred to three of the world’s most influential religions, Israel has been the coveted prize of countless zealots, armies, and empires. Securing Jerusalem for Islam would give Russia endless clout in the Muslim world. Russia’s Iranian pals would shower endless praise on the great Slavic conquerors.”
http://blogs.christianpost.com/geopolitics-an...
IANS said that you don't understand your own posts.

He speaks the truth.

Here's what your scripture actually says...

"to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world."

Ezekiel 38:12

New American Standard Bible

No mention of Russia there.

Neither is there any mention of Russia in any other verses.

You know the baby Jesus doesn't like it when you lie. No wonder he turned to drink.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

derek4 wrote:
“Atheists are quick to point out that throughout history large numbers of people were killed in the name of Religion; but they fail to mention the countless millions who were killed by leaders who were driven by a hatred for God and Religion.
Joseph Stalin, Atheist: 20 million plus dead
Mao-Tse-Tung, Atheist: 40 million plus dead
Pol Pot, Atheist: 2 million dead
Kim-Il-Sung, Atheist: 5 million dead
Fidel Castro, Atheist: 1 million dead
“The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression, published by Harvard University Press, is the work of eleven scholars that ignited a continental firestorm when it first hit bookstores in France in 1997. The authors estimate the century’s death toll at the hands of Communist governments (excluding wars) at 100 million people.”
http://christianwatchman.wordpress.com/2011/1...
He missed out your god who you freely admit has killed more than anyone.

I also notice he didn't have Adolf Hitler on that list. Must be because the author knows that Hitler was a Christian.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

derek4 wrote:
The earth's shape is a spheroid
Although the earth's shape is technically an ellipsoid, its major and minor axes do not vary greatly. In fact, its shape is so close to a sphere that it is often called a spheroid rather than an ellipsoid.
Although a spheroid best represents the earth's shape, the earth is sometimes treated as a sphere to make mathematical calculations easier.
http://www.geo.hunter.cuny.edu/~jochen/GTECH2...
[The Bible teaches the earth is a sphere too, but the Bible doesn't waste as much time babbling on and on about it as scientists do. The Bible keeps things direct and to the point, not wasting time with endless chatter about these small matters.]
I can't help but notice your failure to cite the scripture that describes the earth as a sphere. Perhaps that's because there isn't one and you're lying for the baby Jesus again.

Given the Bible's ratio for Pi, this is hardly surprising. Your god has some pretty funny ideas about what a sphere is.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist minorities always have to help one another, lol.
Being as they don't like my posts, why do they read them and spend hours typing all kinds of comments about them? Do they think I care? Apparently they think I read all that crap they post, lol.
I pick 2 or 3 of their short posts, reply to them, and ignore the others. It works best that way. I don't plan to waste my time "ploughing through" (as my dear friend Khatru would say) their long whining posts. I don't know them, and I've already learned long ago they have no credibility.
LMAO
We just keep on pointing out the numerous errors in your posts and you just keep on failing to refute us.

Score lot's of points for the Atheists and none for the Christians.

Tell me again why you think that a father who plots to have his son killed is worthy of your love and respect.

LOL

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
Someone wake me up when Derek starts thinking.
Lol

Sorry Kitten, you may be in for a long night.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So being grown up one should not believe in or celebrate Christmas?
Let me remind you if some numbers dealing with grown ups!
2.3% what a joke your religion is!
You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population is at 2.3%.
That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!
WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?
Man your not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO
Here's a joke for you

Jesus Christ walks into an motel, hands the receptionist 3 nails and says.....

"Can you put me up for the night?"

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and don't forget we started WWII
Yes you did.

See? Told you that Hitler was a Christian.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And we've burn men to death for acting the way you do! LOL
Anyone got a match?
Yes, we know that, too.

It's what Christians like to do when they have social control.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. You're so full of it! LOL
Are you still waiting on the great pumpkin?
You know what 100,000 Atheist at the bottom of the ocean is?
A good start!
Why did Jesus die on the cross?

Because he forgot his safe word.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I just love it when you idiots haul out the poster board, colored streamers and spotlights, and start making up signs to point out, that there is a big empty spot between your ears.
Ladies and gentlemen, KJV would like you to all acknowledge his total absence of a point. Please join me in applauding his attempt to construct a religion out of nothing. Damn what a fail. Hey KJV, at least start with a concept. You know like Christainity did, copy some Pagan stuff. But be warned we may not be as easy bent as you lot were.
Christians have a god-shaped vacuum in their heads.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a piker compared to Jehovah.
Have you seen this one?:
“According to Samuel, David took a census of the people. This excited the wrath of Jehovah, and as a punishment he allowed David to choose seven years of famine, a flight of three months from pursuing enemies, or three days of pestilence. David, having confidence in God, chose the three days of pestilence; and thereupon, God, the compassionate, on account of the sin of David, killed seventy thousand innocent men. Under the same circumstances, what would a devil have done?”- Robert Green Ingersoll
Jehovah is the most monstrous creature in all of fiction. As far as I know, no other character sterilized the earth twice and then destroyed the planet.
According to legend, how many of us has Jehovah killed by his own hand? It's in the millions - two-and-a-half million that are enumerated, plus untold numbers of others in the flood and other disasters without death counts. And he ordered dozens of genocides. Just ask the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Girgashites, the Canaanites, and the Jebusites.
Satan's death count is ten. Not ten thousand. Ten.
Reference: "Who has killed more, Satan or God?" http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.mx/2009/0...
And Lord Jehovah has promised to kill billions more in a fiery apocalypse. And that's just human beings. How many puppies and kittens died slow, agonizing, terrifying deaths during that flood, as the water levels crept up, stealing their breath? What kind of a monster does that to innocents that he could have magically poofed away instead?
That by itself would qualify Jehovah for that title - worst monster in all of fiction. But wait - there's more, much more. Throw this in: this creature also built a torture chamber, and will preserve the souls of those humans beings that didn't grovel before it and praise its massive ego so that they can suffer agonizingly forever, and to no apparent benefit to anybody. This creature is way over the top as the worst monster in all of fiction, wouldn't you agree?
But I'm not done. Throw in that he created another god - an evil god - and set it loose on mankind beginning with the very first pair - innocent babes, to whom he gave a sin nature, free will, and desire. This lieutenant of Jehovah's, who was allowed to deceive man and steal his paradise has allegedly been stealing souls ever since, blinding people to their salvation, which increases the hell-bound fraction considerably. Satan is nothing without Jehovah.
There's more. To help Satan and his deception, Jehovah apparently filled the earth with deceptions like fossils and ERVs to trip man up, and reason, and left behind an utterly unbelievable book.
This god is the most sadistic, ferocious, and unjust creature in all of fiction by several orders of magnitude. And Christians describe him as perfect love.
Yeah, I heard about those unfortunate 70,000. All died because Jehovah lost his rag over a census that David organised.

What a monster that Jehovah is.

No wonder the Bible is full to the brim with scriptures instructing believers to fear him. People like Derek and KJV are absolutely terrified of their unproveable cosmic mega-being.

Of course, we're just far too smart to get suckered into believing all that nonsense.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

<quoted text>
That's a very helpful passage. Thanks. Saved.
You're welcome.

It's obviously annoyed KJV as he's given it some negative judgings.

I think I'll hang onto it and post it again sometime.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

<quoted text>
I looked at that scripture. You're lying. There is no mention of those countries there:
"You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes."
<quoted text>
It could be a reference to the World Cup games.
Scientific prophecy is quality prophecy. This was written before the Higgs boson was found:
"Several physicists, including Peter Higgs, discovered a mechanism that, if added to the equations, would allow particles to have masses. This is now known as the Higgs mechanism. Integrating it into the Standard Model allowed scientists to make predictions of various quantities, including the mass of the heaviest known particle, the top quark. Experimentalists found this particle just where equations using the Higgs mechanism predicted it should be."
You have nothing to compete with that.
"According to theory, the Higgs mechanism works as a medium that exists everywhere in space. Particles gain mass by interacting with this medium. Peter Higgs pointed out that the mechanism required the existence of an unseen particle, which we now call the Higgs boson. The Higgs boson is the fundamental component of the Higgs medium, much as the photon is the fundamental component of light. The Higgs boson is the only particle predicted by the Standard Model that has not yet been seen by experiments." http://press.web.cern.ch/backgrounders/higgs-...
You know how this story ends. The scientists' prophecies were confirmed. Again.
I looked at the scripture too.

There's no mention of Russia in the whole chapter.

Perhaps Derek has spent a little too much time dining out with Ezekiel.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

<quoted text>
Very few of us consider that important or possible. Personally, I want your church out of my life completely. I don't care what Jesus thinks about anything - not gay marriage, not abortion, not sex, not evolution - nothing.
And I don't want any comments about smurfs, gods, or any other nonsense on the money, or in the Pledge.
Once we have that, I doubt we'll ever think about you again. Please feel free to shake your scary chicken on a stick at the sky every Sunday morning if you believe that the chicken centers you and provides you with a moral basis for living.
Just don't bother me with what the chicken wants.
<quoted text>
We're back to delusion now, aren't we?
Science does not support your religion. It debunks much of it - one of several ways science implies atheism. Cosmologists, geologists, biologists, and archeologists in particular have disproven most of Genesis and Exodus. And you have as much access to that information as the rest of us.
Yet you cling resolutely to an extraordinary belief against evidence.
That's delusion, dude, even if its on a mass scale.
Lol

Scary chicken on a stick! I love it.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes prophecies in the bible are very vague, and notably do not deal with the world of the very small (atoms) or the very big (universe). As they are limited to the understanding of science and the world of when they were written.
It would have been impressive if there was a biblical prophecy stating that the first men to walk on the moon would be Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (in that order).

We're talking quality prophecy here. Not the vague generalities of biblical post-dictions.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

<quoted text>
You have no vote in the scientific conversation. Only the scientists do, and they tell us that you and your bible are wrong. It's settled science. Move on.
And the slander has been ongoing for over a century and a half already, but I am encouraged to be able to report to you that your voices get a few percent fainter every year.
Toodle-oo.
You're right, he doesn't.

Although ever the hypocrite, when it suits him, Derek will try and use science to explain away biblical errors and contradictions.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont see the reason why anyone would pray. Reflective meditation I guess may give some people comfort. But praying in the usual sense of the word is nonsensical.
The fact that God fails to answer prayers is proof that God is imaginary.
Praying usually takes two forms.
1) to grovel before God, heaping endless thanks and praises on him. God must surely have a weak ego to need such self indulgent toadying.
2) people asking God for stuff, blessing, healing, miracles, etc. This is basically saying God is wrong. And God should be doing something he currently is not doing. It basically saying that god is not loving or perfect. And the petitioner wants god to act in a way contrary to his supposed perfect will.
Christians like to pray but they know it doesn't work for them in the same way it works for the Muslim 9/11 bombers.

I think it's the US Thanksgiving this weekend.

That means thousands of Christians praying to their god and thanking him for putting food on their tables and not on the tables of the 25,000 people who die from starvation every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••