Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
5,801 - 5,820 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6171 Nov 18, 2012
From an atheist about Thanksgiving [lol]:

"I feel sorry for atheists on Thanksgiving. They have no one to thank."

Really? Does the religious person thank only his god for every good thing in his life? Only a god gets the praise for a well-roasted turkey? And he feels sorry for atheists?

The Orlando Atheism Examiner's Thanksgiving:

Thank you to all of my family for the food, store-bought and home-made. It's all good, mostly because we are gathered together, picking on each other, laughing with each other, sharing with each other.(Special thanks go to my sister-in-law for the promised deviled eggs.)

Thank you to every member of my family for putting up with me and still acting like you like me.

Thank you to my husband for having that one irrational idea of your life and marrying me (and reproducing with me). And thank you for making me the first one in the family with Christmas presents this year.(Yes, the atheist said Christmas.)

Thank you to my children, for being such good boys. Handsome, smart, witty replicas of your father.(Very, very thankful for that.)(And thank you in advance for letting me have chocolate and watch movies all day when I'm old and feeble.)

Heartfelt thanks to David Musgrove for having such a beautiful daughter in Jennifer. I will miss her always.

Thank you Dean Wesley Smith for your profound and helpful advice. I will strive to follow it.

Thank you Kathi G. for believing in me and giving me a job. And of course, many thanks to Beto for inventing Zumba.

Thank you homeschooling friends for letting me hang out on the fringes.

And in general, thank you to nurses and doctors and people who work with the really old and the really poor. Thank you to scientists”...[blah, blah, blah]
http://www.examiner.com/article/an-atheist-s-...

[Make sure you catch that last part about thanking scientists, lmao. No matter what they write about, atheists get science or scientists in there --- but when they read posts about fraudulent science, they quickly say there is no relationship between science and atheism.]

[Oh, yes, and – dear atheists – when you thank your science god, be sure to thank him for the monosodium glutamate you put on your food, and some of those wonderful new medications that cause liver damage.]

Location hidden

#6172 Nov 18, 2012
oh, hey everyone - good news fer 'ya:

I found an atheist Thanksgiving prayer for the faithful atheists, lol:

"Dear Global Economy, we thank thee for thy economies of scale, thy professional specialization, and thy international networks of trade under Ricardo's Law of Comparative Advantage, without which we would all starve to death while trying to assemble the ingredients for such a dinner as this. Amen."
http://lesswrong.com/lw/wa/thanksgiving_praye...

Location hidden

#6173 Nov 18, 2012
Here's another atheist Thanksgiving prayer from an upstanding, honorable atheist:

“Bless, O Lord this food that it may be an effective and salutary remedy for mankind. In other words, please let all of the nutrients contained in this food be as effective as possible in my digestion system. Don’t let it give me diarrhea, food poisoning, or any sort of general discomfort. Thank you for giving me this food while you let countless others starve to death around the world. For Thy name's sake, grant that all who partake of this food may obtain health of body, safety of soul, fattening of ass, and one million dollars in cash. Through Christ our Lord whom you sent on a suicide mission over two thousand years ago, Amen, Awoman, Achild, Adwarf, Amidget, A6pack, Ahellyeah, and Apartridge-in-a-pear-tree.”
http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/a-...

[That atheist probably participates in the well known “smut 4 smut” campaign. Isn't he a great example for our children? Doesn't he show true style? Who could resist such a delightful person? Do atheists ever wonder why they are despised?]

Location hidden

#6174 Nov 18, 2012
Awww – this “pore” atheist is having a “tough” time for the holiday:

“Thanksgiving is a tough holiday for the thoughtful non-theist. For a non-theist with progressive values, it’s difficult not to view it with utter disdain. It is at once a distillation of the privilege of religious insinuation into public life, and the glorification of materialism and selfishness. Despite this fact, Thanksgiving has become for me a symbol of hope for the future. It is the embodiment of what American society could become if compassion and comeraderie became synonymous with culture.”
http://livinglifewithoutanet.wordpress.com/20...

[“utter disdain”- nothing to be thankful for, pore thang.....]

[“hope for the future”???- what future?“The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out”...]
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

#6175 Nov 18, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular Christmas carols?
“carol: joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.”
There are secular Christmas SONGS.
I can see your difficulties in being a teacher. LMAO
The only thing you're going to respond to is a language mistake I made because English is my third language, really?

I think I'm done feeding the troll.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#6176 Nov 18, 2012
He's a reject anyways he thinks Noah's all Jewish family gave birth to all the races on earth in just 100 years! Lmfao!

Not to mention people were singing joyous gospel choir songs to Hercules in glorious temples centuries before they did so to Jesus.

He also admitted he has a very creepy fetish for nursing home women.:shudder:
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you're going to respond to is a language mistake I made because English is my third language, really?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#6177 Nov 18, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Yes, me old china, I remember you mentioning it.
And there's another. Thanks.

Fennario

#6178 Nov 18, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
That particular punishment was invented by Christians.
Mind you, the "sectioned" I was referring to may well be another example of British slang.
It refers to Sections 2 & 3 of the Mental Health Act 1983 which gives hospitals the right to detain people against their will for psychiatric treatment.
If you're "sectioned" it means that you're placed in a secure psychiatric unit for observation and treatment.
In American slang, that's a 5150:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Fennario

#6179 Nov 18, 2012
Khatru wrote:
If he is a Catholic priest ... there's a strong chance he'll be familiar with rectal bleeding in altarboys.
Ah yes! The "No Child's Behind Left" program.

Fennario

#6180 Nov 19, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular Christmas carols?
“carol: joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.”
There are secular Christmas SONGS. I can see your difficulties in being a teacher. LMAO
They're carols, you lying thief. Here are four dictionaries that say so:

[1] Google dictionary: "A religious folk song or popular hymn, particularly one associated with Christmas: "singing Christmas carols around the tree."

[2] Free Online Dictionary: "1. A song of praise or joy, especially for Christmas."

[3] Merriam-Webster Dictionary: "1: an old round dance with singing
2: a song of joy or mirth <the carol of a bird — Lord Byron> "

[4] DictionaryDOTcom: "1.a song, especially of joy. 2.a Christmas song or hymn."

What won't you Christians lie about? What don't you try to steal for yourselves? What misinformation won't you spread? Your ethics have been skillfully deformed by your church.

Nothing from you or your miserable church can be trusted or taken at face value. Absolutely nothing.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#6181 Nov 19, 2012
I think Derek latched onto the subject of Christmas carols, because last week, I mentioned to him that I enjoy singing Christmas carols. To him, this made me some sort of hypocrite.

I have deconverted as a christian, but do not wish to avoid Christmas festivities, just because its based on myth. If Christmas grinches present hate christmasgood for them. Bah humbug!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#6182 Nov 19, 2012
derek4 wrote:
“Thanksgiving is a tough holiday for the thoughtful non-theist.
Again no harm in enjoying festivities in a secular manner. btw Derek, have you ever thought it odd to need to thank an all powerful deity.

Think about it. Why would God need constant praise, adulation and thanks. Do theists believe God has a weak ego?

If he is all knowing, then he would already no you were grateful, so no need to thank him. If he is a perfect being then he will do the right thing, regardless of whatever magical incantations are directed towards him.

Fennario

#6183 Nov 19, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've made many foolish observations, haven't you Khatru? You didn't realize Noah and his family made up 100% of the population
Noah is a fictional character and made up no part of any population ever. That's another "fib" from you Christians. Here's how we know:

[1] A wooden boat made to bible specifications would have broken in half with the first three foot wave.

[2] A wooden boat that size without a rudder would founder and sink with the first set of five foot waves. The largest ships made of wood, by teams of shipbuilders, using better technology have been no longer than 300 feet. The Santa Maria was only 75 feet long. Genesis 6:15 puts the ark at 450 feet. It would be impossible for a ship this size to be made seaworthy, especially in light of the technology and the building team.

[3] There was only one hatch - in the top. How did they muck out the manure of five million species of animals?

[4] Once the salt water receded, where was the vegetation necessary for life? What did the carnivores eat until the planet was repopulated? How did the animals get back to their habitats without food or fresh water?

[5] What did the meat-eaters eat? Every time Noah fed the lions or the tigers,*poof*- another species of animal goes extinct.

[6] There is not enough water on the earth, to flood all the mountains, as specified in the Bible.

[7] If it did rain enough water [magic?] to cover all the mountains in only forty days, the rainfall would be as dense as actual water - like being in a waterfall, which would have destroyed Noah's wooden boat in minutes.

[8] Noah did not bring trees on board. Trees die when drowned. Once Noah opened his boat, he would have seen nothing but deadwood and mud. All the herbivores would starve within days.

[9] If the human race descended from Noah and his sons, we would see a genetic bottleneck in the human genome roughly 4,000 years back. Do we see this? No.

[10] The population of the world is too high if all humanity came from only four breeding pairs a few thousand years ago.

[11] A 450 foot boat could not hold two or seven or whatever of every species. The number and variation of species of insects alone-- would have filled up the ark, hundreds of times over.

[12] Why are there ancient civilizations with continuous histories dating back to long before the generation of Noah? China and the Egyptians have such continuous histories, with no world sterilizing flood in them.

[13] Cave paintings in Europe are drawn in Charcoal. Immersion in water would have erased them. These are 15,000 years and older.

[14] If there were a global flood, you would see a universal, world-wide layer of compressed mud dating the that time. This is not the case.

[15] Putting enough fresh water into the salt oceans to cover the mountains, would dilute it to dangerous levels killing all marine life

[16] The number and variation of species of insects alone would have filled up the ark hundreds of times over. The number and variation of bird species including unique species from all the islands, would have filled up the ark multiple times over.

[17] How did animals get from Australia to the ark, or from the ark back to Australia? The animals living there now go back to prehistoric times, and most are unique to that continent. Koalas require special diets. How did Mr and Mrs Koala carry their food with them all the way from Australia?

Your bible is a fraud.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6184 Nov 19, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your “love” for that pore thang who passed away in your family was so touching. Worms are burrowing in and out of her / his the eye sockets as I write. But they are doing it respectfully, lol. And they're just doing what they do – as honestly as they can – they don't know how to be corrupt like you.
What do you think worms and insects eat?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#6185 Nov 19, 2012
derek4 wrote:
From an atheist about Thanksgiving [lol]:
"I feel sorry for atheists on Thanksgiving. They have no one to thank."
Thanksgiving is a pagan ritual.

Thanks for participating.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#6186 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanksgiving is a pagan ritual.
Thanks for participating.
I consider Thanksgiving the same as Columbus day. Celebrating genocide.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#6187 Nov 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I consider Thanksgiving the same as Columbus day. Celebrating genocide.
Have a heaping helping of Smallpox. Don't forget the dressing.

Location hidden

#6188 Nov 19, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Nikki, your “food” was no good. It had no substance – kind of like aspartame.

Hint to you: If you want to make a point, avoid the use of the word “carol” when describing secular Christmas songs. Carol is generally used when writing about religious hymns.“Jingle Bells” isn't thought of as a “carol”.

"Jingle Bells" would be a great Christmas song for ding-a-ling atheists, lol.

What can children learn from a teacher like you who has no substance?

You need to resign.

LOL – by the way, I didn't ask you to respond to me in the first place, and you didn't drop any pearls worthy of comment.

Adios, LMAO.

Location hidden

#6189 Nov 19, 2012
Adam wrote:
I think Derek latched onto the subject of Christmas carols, because last week, I mentioned to him that I enjoy singing Christmas carols. To him, this made me some sort of hypocrite.
I have deconverted as a christian, but do not wish to avoid Christmas festivities, just because its based on myth. If Christmas grinches present hate christmasgood for them. Bah humbug!
You made yourself a hypocrite. Other than that, nothing special about you - just plain old barnyard trash, lol.

Location hidden

#6190 Nov 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I consider Thanksgiving the same as Columbus day. Celebrating genocide.
Who cares what you think, really?

One reason I post from sources I link to (instead of just offering my own opinions) is because the material I find offers a variety of opinions that represent the points I wish to make, or a different point than am making, in which case I explain along with the link. Also, some links are from science and credible news sources, and contain indisputable facts that can be checked out, and compared, instead of just my own personal opinion.

On the other hand, most atheists in this forum post with a lot of one liners and simple minded insults that all come from the same mold, lol. Basically, what they do is sit at their computers, pick their boogers with one hand, and post garbage-in-garbage-out that says nothing, lol.

Besides - who really cares what YOU personally, or any of your brain-dead counterparts in here really think? I mean – who in the hell are you? LOL - we don't know you and you've established no credibility; nothing worthy of mention erupts from you.

All of it's just blah, blah, blah on a page, which I skim and skip. If you only knew how much I don't even bother to skim - LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr CunningLinguist 21,498
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 3 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr USN Atheist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••