Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 277)

Showing posts 5,521 - 5,540 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>No sign no proof no evidence.
See questions posted above.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you consider to be proof that any god ever existed if such proof were to exist?
What constitutes as proof that anything at all ever existed?
You sound pretty confident that there is no proof, so I must assume that you have taken the opportunity to seek for such proof, but you haven't found it yet.
What have you done to seek proof that any good ever existed?
What kind of proof have you been looking for?
How did you determine what kind of proofs an existing God would demonstrate if in fact there is no existing proof from a god to compare to?
Well, the body for one.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't mind if I butt into this forum. I have read a few of your posts and I can't quite figure out the general direction of this forum. Are you some kind of atheist missionary? For what purpose do you convince people that there is no god? How did you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God?
This is an Atheism Forum. It's the theist missionaries that keep popping up on here entertaining us with their myths, superstitions, and folklore, that was mainly written in the Bronze Age by illiterate sheep herders and goat ropers.

Convincing others that there is no god is not our job, because it's yet to be proven that there is one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the body for one.
How do you know that God has a body?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an Atheism Forum. It's the theist missionaries that keep popping up on here entertaining us with their myths, superstitions, and folklore, that was mainly written in the Bronze Age by illiterate sheep herders and goat ropers.
Convincing others that there is no god is not our job, because it's yet to be proven that there is one.
Thanks for the explanation. That saved me a lot of time reading everything. So at this point in the progression of the forum, is the main objective to logically disprove the existence of a god?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the explanation. That saved me a lot of time reading everything. So at this point in the progression of the forum, is the main objective to logically disprove the existence of a god?
Ugh....I'm suddenly remember another poster who never said anything but just kept asking question after tedious question....it was beyond boring.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
How can that be done?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted all christians are rodents, good job.
You're the forum rodent, and your repulsive picture nauseates me every time I see it. Not even one of your fellow rodents would want you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie?
You know your god will burn you for lying, don't you?
You're heading for that lake of fire, boy.
LOL
I imagine your family looks forward to your funeral. They will send each other party invitations.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't mind if I butt into this forum. I have read a few of your posts and I can't quite figure out the general direction of this forum. Are you some kind of atheist missionary? For what purpose do you convince people that there is no god? How did you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God?
Yes, he's an atheist missionary in the atheist religion. I have posted many links here confirming that atheism is a religion – there are atheist ministers, atheist sermons on line, atheist churches – even an atheist bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that any god ever existed.
I have seen no proof that you exist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

The Unfit and Inferior

Exerpts from What is Eugenics?, chapter 14, 1932 3rd ed.

Leonard Darwin

“AL of us are being greatly damaged by the presence of the unfit and the inferior in the ranks of the nation. If those included in these classes have large families, this injury to our country will be slowly increased as the generations succeed each other. And in all probability, from this cause, racial deterioration is now actually taking place very slowly but very steadily.”

[Leonard, of the Darwin family, and his suppression of the races.]

continued:

“All this we have seen, and the question is, What can be done to safe-guard the nation against this treacherous disease?”

In the first place, how are the individuals to be selected who ought to have either small families or no children? This question has already been answered as regards the insane, mental defectives, criminals, and the diseased. If parenthood were to be entirely prohibited amongst all these classes, not only would all these particular troubles be slowly lessened in the future, but in all probability something would thus be done which would tend to produce a much more widespread improvement… The elimination of the mifit, however beneficial in itself, might not alone prevent a deterioration in the breed from taking place.”
http://inbredscience.wordpress.com/essays/the...

[I wonder how Leonard would like today's marriages and mixed races?]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh....I'm suddenly remember another poster who never said anything but just kept asking question after tedious question....it was beyond boring.
Some people define intelligence as the value of light and truth. We can not have truth unless we obtain it by seeking after it. Truth can be sought and found as we ask questions; questions about ourselves, about others' assertions, and about god.

Would you rather I try to impose my belief system on you while making dozens of incorrect assumptions about what you believe? I don't like monologues and lectures, I like discussions. Thats why I came to the forum to talk with ya'll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

“Atheists Battle Against Religion”[and the atheists lose, lol.]

from ABC News

from within the text – near the end:

“Atheists who envision a world without religion may have a while to wait. While polls show that the percentage of Americans who say they're not part of an organized religion has grown from 8 to 14 percent, only two percent of Americans identify themselves as atheist or agnostic.”
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Politics/story...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

“We show not only that atheists are less accepted than other marginalized groups but also that attitudes toward them have not exhibited the marked increase in acceptance that has
characterized views of other racial and religious minorities over the past forty years....
Americans are less accepting of atheists than of any of the other groups we asked about, and
by a wide margin.”
University of Minnesota study of atheists
http://www.google.com/url...

[“by a wide margin”- ATHEISTS not acceptable.....]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

More visible but limited in its popularity: atheism (and atheists) in Finland

“This paper argues that atheism has become more visible in Finland, but it is a relatively unpopular identity position. The relatively low popularity of atheism is partly explained by the connection between Lutheranism and Finnishness. In public discourse atheism has been historically connected to communism and the Soviet Union (and, therefore, anti-Finnishness). However, atheism has slowly changed from being the other of Finnishness to one alternative identity among many, although it has not become extremely popular.”
http://ojs.abo.fi/index.php/ar/article/viewAr...

[“... atheism has been historically connected to communism and the Soviet Union”]

[The atheists can't dictate their religion in Finland, lol.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no proof that you exist.
One more reason, then, for you to never ever try to communicate with me.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people define intelligence as the value of light and truth. We can not have truth unless we obtain it by seeking after it. Truth can be sought and found as we ask questions; questions about ourselves, about others' assertions, and about god.
Would you rather I try to impose my belief system on you while making dozens of incorrect assumptions about what you believe? I don't like monologues and lectures, I like discussions. Thats why I came to the forum to talk with ya'll.
Talk to derek4 then, and ask all those questions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

“The First Atheist Church of True Science”(“FACTS”)- more info here:

A key religious ritual at FACTS is taking a pause at each new moon. During that interval, we reflect on both the majesty of the universe, and the direction of our lives.

The moon has been chosen to remind us of how similar is every human ... each person seeing the same lunar phase no matter where on Earth ree is situated. The "new moon" has been chosen because of its symbolic nature: reminding us that new experiences always arise as old ones conclude. And the night sky has been chosen because of the perspective it provides, reminding us of our place within the incredible expanse of both distance and time.
http://www.factschurch.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you're that guy.

I have little fear of you trying to impose your beliefs on anyone as that would require you to actually state a belief. An unlikely event...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,521 - 5,540 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Lab28 223,165
Our world came from nothing? 34 min Carchar king 61
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr Buck Crick 21,333
Why do i deserve no respect. 23 hr Carchar king 7
Introducing The Universal Religion Jul 9 NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jul 9 ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Jul 9 Buck Crick 324
•••
•••