Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,179

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Read more

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5864 Nov 13, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Another example of the insecurity of the spinless godbot!!
My wife was agnostic when we met. LOL!!! That didn't last long!! A little logic and reason goes a long way!!!
I have to tell you all this one(you'll be so proud!). My oldest son is dating a young lady who was a 'go to church every sunday, raised christian from birth, bible thumper. She took great pride in her knowledge of the bible, and "loved jesus". Well, eventually, religion came up, and she was horrified to learn that my son was an atheist. So, he asked me what to do. I advised him to let me talk to her, so he did. That poor girl didn't stand a chance!! LOL!! It took a while, and quite a few talks, but she is now quesioning the very existance of jesus, and is mad at her folks for brainwashing her from birth to believe in such unfounded rubbish. She now considers herself agnostic, and is quickly approaching atheist. Yes, she still attends church because her parents make her go, but she now sees it as unbelievable, and primative. She is a smart girl. Reason and common sense free another ex-cultist.
I have found that the young people are much easier to help. They always have some fear, but it is much easier to get them past that, and they are more open-minded. I wish it was always as easy as this one, but I'll take em when I can!
I hope you don't mind if I butt into this forum. I have read a few of your posts and I can't quite figure out the general direction of this forum. Are you some kind of atheist missionary? For what purpose do you convince people that there is no god? How did you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5865 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't mind if I butt into this forum. I have read a few of your posts and I can't quite figure out the general direction of this forum. Are you some kind of atheist missionary? For what purpose do you convince people that there is no god? How did you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God?
There is no proof that any god ever existed.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#5866 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
No sign no proof no evidence.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#5867 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
Who is jebus?
jehobah's boy.

Location hidden

#5868 Nov 13, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you consider to be proof that any god ever existed if such proof were to exist?

What constitutes as proof that anything at all ever existed?

You sound pretty confident that there is no proof, so I must assume that you have taken the opportunity to seek for such proof, but you haven't found it yet.

What have you done to seek proof that any good ever existed?

What kind of proof have you been looking for?

How did you determine what kind of proofs an existing God would demonstrate if in fact there is no existing proof from a god to compare to?

Location hidden

#5869 Nov 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
jehobah's boy.
Who is jehobah?

Why all this slang? It kinda discredits those who use that inaccurate terminology. Why not use accurate references?

I didn't know Jehovah had a son. Which faith believes that Jehovah had a son? Jehovah's witnesses?

Location hidden

#5870 Nov 13, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>No sign no proof no evidence.
See questions posted above.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5871 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you consider to be proof that any god ever existed if such proof were to exist?
What constitutes as proof that anything at all ever existed?
You sound pretty confident that there is no proof, so I must assume that you have taken the opportunity to seek for such proof, but you haven't found it yet.
What have you done to seek proof that any good ever existed?
What kind of proof have you been looking for?
How did you determine what kind of proofs an existing God would demonstrate if in fact there is no existing proof from a god to compare to?
Well, the body for one.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#5872 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an Atheism Forum. It's the theist missionaries that keep popping up on here entertaining us with their myths, superstitions, and folklore, that was mainly written in the Bronze Age by illiterate sheep herders and goat ropers.

Convincing others that there is no god is not our job, because it's yet to be proven that there is one.

Location hidden

#5873 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the body for one.
How do you know that God has a body?

Location hidden

#5874 Nov 13, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an Atheism Forum. It's the theist missionaries that keep popping up on here entertaining us with their myths, superstitions, and folklore, that was mainly written in the Bronze Age by illiterate sheep herders and goat ropers.
Convincing others that there is no god is not our job, because it's yet to be proven that there is one.
Thanks for the explanation. That saved me a lot of time reading everything. So at this point in the progression of the forum, is the main objective to logically disprove the existence of a god?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5875 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the explanation. That saved me a lot of time reading everything. So at this point in the progression of the forum, is the main objective to logically disprove the existence of a god?
Ugh....I'm suddenly remember another poster who never said anything but just kept asking question after tedious question....it was beyond boring.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#5876 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
How can that be done?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5877 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted all christians are rodents, good job.
You're the forum rodent, and your repulsive picture nauseates me every time I see it. Not even one of your fellow rodents would want you.

Location hidden

#5878 Nov 13, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie?
You know your god will burn you for lying, don't you?
You're heading for that lake of fire, boy.
LOL
I imagine your family looks forward to your funeral. They will send each other party invitations.

Location hidden

#5879 Nov 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he's an atheist missionary in the atheist religion. I have posted many links here confirming that atheism is a religion – there are atheist ministers, atheist sermons on line, atheist churches – even an atheist bible.

Location hidden

#5880 Nov 13, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen no proof that you exist.

Location hidden

#5881 Nov 13, 2012
The Unfit and Inferior

Exerpts from What is Eugenics?, chapter 14, 1932 3rd ed.

Leonard Darwin

“AL of us are being greatly damaged by the presence of the unfit and the inferior in the ranks of the nation. If those included in these classes have large families, this injury to our country will be slowly increased as the generations succeed each other. And in all probability, from this cause, racial deterioration is now actually taking place very slowly but very steadily.”

[Leonard, of the Darwin family, and his suppression of the races.]

continued:

“All this we have seen, and the question is, What can be done to safe-guard the nation against this treacherous disease?”

In the first place, how are the individuals to be selected who ought to have either small families or no children? This question has already been answered as regards the insane, mental defectives, criminals, and the diseased. If parenthood were to be entirely prohibited amongst all these classes, not only would all these particular troubles be slowly lessened in the future, but in all probability something would thus be done which would tend to produce a much more widespread improvement… The elimination of the mifit, however beneficial in itself, might not alone prevent a deterioration in the breed from taking place.”
http://inbredscience.wordpress.com/essays/the...

[I wonder how Leonard would like today's marriages and mixed races?]

Location hidden

#5882 Nov 13, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh....I'm suddenly remember another poster who never said anything but just kept asking question after tedious question....it was beyond boring.
Some people define intelligence as the value of light and truth. We can not have truth unless we obtain it by seeking after it. Truth can be sought and found as we ask questions; questions about ourselves, about others' assertions, and about god.

Would you rather I try to impose my belief system on you while making dozens of incorrect assumptions about what you believe? I don't like monologues and lectures, I like discussions. Thats why I came to the forum to talk with ya'll.

Location hidden

#5883 Nov 13, 2012
“Atheists Battle Against Religion”[and the atheists lose, lol.]

from ABC News

from within the text – near the end:

“Atheists who envision a world without religion may have a while to wait. While polls show that the percentage of Americans who say they're not part of an organized religion has grown from 8 to 14 percent, only two percent of Americans identify themselves as atheist or agnostic.”
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Politics/story...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min ChristineM 17,997
News The Consequences of Atheism 12 min Thinking 1,128
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 24 min Thinking 14,508
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 47 min Mr_SKY 6,454
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 236,911
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 8 hr Freebird USA 9,256
News Confessions of a black atheist 13 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
More from around the web