Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
5,081 - 5,100 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem not to understand the difference between R&D and faked science papers results to keep their research dollars flowing in.
The computer (PC) from R&D.
IPhone R&D, and on and on.
Learn what you're talking about.
Actually, the exact same methods used to help advance evolution are what were used to develop the iPhone. The PC was developed not in R&D but in a garage. Stop twisting facts to suit your imaginary slight.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares.
I hate to tell you, but you just are not important to this thread. I reply to your posts just to tell you that they are "Unread and dismissed as unrelated to atheism", LOL!!. And your puppets reply to kiss your butt. Oh, And IANS takes your posts apart so completely that it almost hurts to see how poorly you are doing. But other than that, no one could give half a crap about what a dullard like you has to say. Basically, you are irrelevent.
Nicely put

IANS destroys Derek's posts and shows him up for the dishonest coward that his religion has made him.

Very rarely (if at all) will Derek dare to respond directly to IANS for fear of being made to look even more foolish than he already is.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad, President Obama doesn't represent your views, lol.
From CNN:
Conventions leave atheists asking: What political party represents me?
[Poster's inserted answer: none, lol.]
Washington (CNN)– This convention season has not been good for atheists.
“The word 'God' was reinserted in the Democratic platform after it had been removed. A plan to raise atheist billboards in the convention cities was stymied by opponents. And though there were preachers and rabbis and other religious leaders opening and closing each day of each convention, there wasn’t an avowed atheist talking up unbelief on either convention’s speaking list.
The political lockout has left many nonbelievers asking,“What political party represents me?”
“We are deeply saddened by the exclusion of a large number of Americans by both parties,” said Teresa MacBain, a spokeswoman for the group American Atheists, in an interview on Thursday.“It amazes me that in modern-day America, so much prejudice still exists.”
After word spread Wednesday that Democrats left God out of their platform, atheists rejoiced.“Truly amazing news,” wrote Loren Miller on Atheist Nexus, a popular atheist blog.“The Republicans remain in the firm grasp of right-wing Christian religiosity, and I really don't know what it's going to take to free them from it.”
But the convention committee immediately received huge pressure get God back in the platform. Even President Obama, according to CNN reporting, said,“Why on earth would that have been taken out?” when he first heard of the omission.
In an awkward session that required three voice votes on the convention floor, the Democrats opted to add “God” back to the platform.
For atheists, the Democrats were seen to be taking away a hard-fought victory.“We had 24 hours of joy as we felt (that) finally our government values all people,” said MacBain.“But that was short-lived. The vote last night angered many atheists and left them feeling excluded once again.”
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/06/conv...
Lol

We've all seen how the US courts and government have made monkeys out of creationists.

You lost the fight to teach your mumbo jumbo in American schools.

You lost the fight to telepathically communicate with your 2000-year old zombie at American schools.

Now you're losing the fight to stop gays from marrying.

The rotting corpse of your religion continues to spout hatred and bigotry while the atheist embrace secular humanism.

"We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality."

The Affirmations of Humanism: A Statement of Principles

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Wow, lots of uniformed atheist posts appeared overnight. I didn't have time to get on the forum until this morning - I was busy last night with more important things (election returns).
But that's ok, I was able to skim through the usual atheist lies this AM in about 6 minutes, and – as usual, they're all invalid and non-contributory.
I see a lot of wasted-space posts from one unauthorized, unrecognized, self-appointed “judge”, lol, who bears no credibility. Since “dismissal” powers never will be granted to ineffectual, whining atheists, all my previous posts will remain on the board, unchallenged by any credible source, and will stand as originally posted.
Thanks, and have a great day.
Unsupported, "wanna-be" opinion.
Dismissed.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
“So you believe in Satan but not God?”- excellent point – you're good at emphasizing atheist inconsistencies. Basically, they believe in anything godless,including Satan.
Of course he never even implied that. But since it is obvious that you lack a good education, we understand your lack of reading comprehension. LOL!!!
Poor Wimp-Lo, always the clown!! LOL!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Science has no relationship to atheism?
Then why is George Locke, atheist, so big on science?
To answer your question... Again. No, it doesn't.
As for Mr Locke. He is not the leader of atheists, no one is. I guess you missed that the first fifty times. LOL!!
Poor Wimp-Lo, so slow, and so uneducated.
He desperately clings to his laughable, invented beliefs about atheism. Obviously he has no idea what it is(or isn't), but rather tilts with windmills and claims victory!! LMAO
No wonder he is the clown of Topix. LOL!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Atheists in the forum ineffectually claim there is no relationship between science and atheism, which is a blatant lie.
“The trump card that is consistently and triumphantly played by most modern “militant” atheists is Science. They claim that it is the non-believer who stands on solid rational and scientific ground, while the believer is mired in the quicksand of superstition, wishful thinking, and leaps of faith.
The foundation stone upon which rests the entire edifice of a science-based atheistic world view is the truth of Darwinian evolution.”
http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/07/16/the-mira...
[Pictured is a photo of little Miss Edwina Rogers, former D.C. lobbyist, and Executive Director of Secular Coaltion of America, at the link above.]
Since there is no requirement that an atheist be versed in science, the idea that atheism requires science is false and laughable. Only the most desperate and uneducated could not understand this. Oh, that's our Wimp-Lo!!

It is also interesting to note that secularism does not require atheism. I guess you lack the education to understand that too. Where did you go to school? Wal-Mart? LOL!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard
Since you offer no evidence that god is a reality, your quote is dismissed as ignorant and unsupported.
Thanks

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put
IANS destroys Derek's posts and shows him up for the dishonest coward that his religion has made him.
Very rarely (if at all) will Derek dare to respond directly to IANS for fear of being made to look even more foolish than he already is.
IANS destoyed him very early on, and of course Wimp-Lo bravly turned his tail and fled!!(Thanks to Monty Python)

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
We've all seen how the US courts and government have made monkeys out of creationists.
You lost the fight to teach your mumbo jumbo in American schools.
You lost the fight to telepathically communicate with your 2000-year old zombie at American schools.
Now you're losing the fight to stop gays from marrying.
The rotting corpse of your religion continues to spout hatred and bigotry while the atheist embrace secular humanism.
"We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality."
The Affirmations of Humanism: A Statement of Principles
And take note of our President --

"I was not raised in a religious household.

For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness. However, in her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology. On Easter or Christmas Day my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.

In sum, my mother viewed religion through the eyes of the anthropologist; it was a phenomenon to be treated with a suitable respect, but with a suitable detachment as well.

This spirit of hers guided me on the path I would ultimately take."

~ Barack Obama
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>"Noun" is a noun, but you didn't capitalize it.
LOL

Pretty good!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

<quoted text>That ship has long since sailed. You don't deserve respect because you give no respect. You lost that long ago with your combative and dismissive attitude.

And it's the same with your church, your religion, your god and your faith. I do not respect faith. Your church is an abomination. Your religion is a failure and a fraud.

And I refer to your tiny godlet in the lower case out of a lack of respect for all of it. Why should it be any other way? Why do you think that you deserve respect?

If you want respect, give respect.
Exactly what was known to be going on.

"And I refer to your tiny godlet in the lower case out of a lack of respect for all of it"

It's all settled now we know the truth.
(We knew it all along just loved seeing all the lies)
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

<quoted text>I don't agree that "God" is a name. It is a title or a job like "Christ" The god is named Jehovah or Jesus.

By your "greatness" argument, if you don't consider them great, you shouldn't capitalize them. Isn't that what Christians do with the bad guy? From "Guide to Christian Capitalization" at http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.php... :

"Make sure not to capitalize proper names of the evil one. Just as Christians must show reverence for God's name, we must show disapproval and lack of respect for the devil. Don't do him the service of capitalizing the word "satan." This rule goes for hell, too."

I capitalize "Satan" just like I do "Jehovah," "Yahweh" and "Jesus," because they are all proper names like "Fred" and "Mike," but not "heaven" or "hell." I very seldom use the word "god" alone, and almost never capitalize it. It's generally, "a god or gods," "your god," or "the Christian god."

And I capitalize "Christian." This is all standard.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Should_Jesus_and_Go...

Answer
Yes because Jesus is a name. and God is a name too. They are both so great and God Sent he son to die for us so the least we could do is capitalize his name!!!!!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

<quoted text>Satan seems to have dominion over two realms - hell and earth - compared to Jehovah's one - heaven. Plus, Satan and hell get most of the souls, which were apparently deliberately made sinful if they were made by an omniscient and omnipotent god. It's not hard to see that if Jehovah is a god, so is Satan, and probably the more powerful of the two.

Who ordered all of those genocides in the bible - the good god, or the evil one?

Who decided to build a hell and put men in it?

Who benefits from all of that needless suffering for eternity?

Why do you teach that man is fundamentally evil rather than fundamentally good if the good god is in charge?

Who planted deceptive fossils and ERVs throughout the earth to deceive man?

Who was in charge in the Garden?

If Jehovah-Jesus is a god, so is Satan.
"if Jehovah is a god, so is Satan, and probably the more powerful of the two. "

You go ahead and believe that!

I read the whole book. I know how it ends. God wins and Satan and all non believes lose.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Should_Jesus_and_Go...
Answer
Yes because Jesus is a name. and God is a name too. They are both so great and God Sent he son to die for us so the least we could do is capitalize his name!!!!!
So the fable goes.

If you believe the metaphorical stories of myths.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

<quoted text>Actually, there are transitional fossils. You should try researching a little before you make an ass of yourself.

Also, you should learn how to read sarcasm into a post when someone posts "riiight", right after a statement. Is it any surprise that no one believes your IQ is above 50?
Makes no difference to me what you believe. My IQ is none of your concern.
Although it seems pretty foolish to be post to someone that you claim has an IQ below 50. You must feel 50 is an IQ you might be able to fool.

I guess you'll need to search for a lower IQ
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

<quoted text>Oh look, the creationist doesn't understand evolution or abiogenesis!! What a surprise!!! LOL!!
Ok mr. atheist how did life start?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>“So you believe in Satan but not God?”- excellent point – you're good at emphasizing atheist inconsistencies. Basically, they believe in anything godless,including Satan.
Thank you Sir.
I do enjoy your post as well.
Good reading. Confirms how hard up science is to keep evolution.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It had to be some form of abiogenesis, we just aren't buying your made up one.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to most religious belief systems they life from nothing out of the mind of a mythical being. So it had to be “something from nothing” according to the religious of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,077
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••