Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 226)

Showing posts 4,501 - 4,520 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sword of Gideon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Clementia wrote, "
why not? if your child, the being u created killed another person, shouldn't they be punished?? "

Not by a god. It's people that want to punish you, and they speak through a god mask.

Clementia wrote, "i guess u would always love your child but as a good parent u should send your child to prison, right?"

Never. Perhaps you aren't familiar with American prisons.

Clementia wrote, " or should we also release all the murders and rapists in prisons?"

That has nothing to do with gods punishing people. Besides, the Christian god is infinitely more brutal that the American corrections system. The god tortures at a volume of 11 on a scale of 10, forever, with no hope of mercy, and to the benefit of nobody except perhaps the sadist monster it built.

Clementia wrote, "i hope i didn't say anything to hurt u, coz i didn't mean too!"

Thank you for your concern, but you needn't worry about that.
Even The Christian God says to abide by all of mans laws unless they conflict with Gods law. Murder breaks both laws.
Sword of Gideon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

<quoted text>The number of electrons in a coulomb.
Or protons also ( I believe )

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This sums up the Christhole faith.
Sword of Gideon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>hey Dr, do u celebrate halloween?
I don't

Nobody lives close enough to me.:(

I still don't like the idea of it because it draws it start from a Satanic ritual.
Sword of Gideon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>Dismissed as an ignorant.
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right! Dismiss anything that refutes you or your life style. Of course it's still out there! Tell you what, I'll let you know when the coast is clear so you can pull your head out.

LOL

Children.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

FYI ~

I have to go to New York to get their
Networks back on line.

Be back in a few weeks.

Fight nice!
Sword of Gideon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No

He's a liar.

In one post he went to great pains to state that Noah and his family were the only people left after the biblical flood.

In another post he said that lots of people survived the flood.

Like I said. He has no credibility.

You three are the Holy Trinity?

I thought that was God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

You do realise you're blaspheming here by denying the Holy Spirit?

You're screwed, bub. You've just committed the one unforgiveable sin.

Let's see now, that's Longears burning for being a liar and you burning for denying the Holy Spirit.

Now that's progress.
I thought that was God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

Only if you're a Christian.
You don't sound like Christian so it should not matter to you. I know I don't care what he calls himself! I saw a poster calling himself GOD and you didn't rip him, was that because he was atheist?
Do you use a different set of rules for who you are debating?

Your a poor example of a atheist!
Most atheist are hate free. You have lots of hate. Hate is based on religion of one form or another. If you believe life is just that life, and death is lights out and humans are our own Gods why the need for hate to others that think their believes is correct when you have no proof that they are wrong?

You know there is a chance they are right and we are wrong.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

http://www.topix.com/forum/rel igion/atheism/T9260G2B6Q46AAP1 O/post4765
<quoted text>
I am honored, fine lady.
I'm sure that you saw this from Khatru, which originated with you: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
;)

Oh yes, I saw that. I was proud to see him using it. I always check out the way each poster customizes it. For me, that is where the fun lies, in those little hidden stingers amongst all the ha, ha' s.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sword of Gideon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't
Nobody lives close enough to me.:(
I still don't like the idea of it because it draws it start from a Satanic ritual.
But you are OK, with the Pagan start of Christainity?

You do realise that Satanism comes from Christainity, don't you. It is not from outside your little focus group, it is from it's midst.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well I see you come to the atheist forum, side with godbots and bash non believers. Need I say anything else?
Nope.
<quoted text>
You don't see anything other than what you want to see. I have not sided with anyone. I just let the D-bags know when they are being d-bags. So, now you know.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

<quoted text>
Proof? Of what? For what?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." – Christopher Hitchens
We don't need to prove that there are no gods to disregard Christianity and embrace rational skepticism and its three great contributions to humankind: atheism, secular humanism, and science.
“Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Human[ism] is my motivation.”- Jerry DeWitt
Atheism freed man of the horror of death created by the church:
"To the philosophy of atheism belongs the credit of robbing death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell." - Joseph Lewis
And it permits an authentic spiritual experience of our world.
"My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests." - George Santayana
Secular humanism gave us the philosophies of science and the modern secular state,including government, political freedom, and democracy for starters.
What have been the fruits of Christian theocracy? Crusades, inquisitions, witch burnings, organized pedophilia, strife, division, exploitation, guilt, shame and fear:
"Religion is based ... mainly on fear ... fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand.... My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race." - Bertrand Russell
So how much evidence do you need to abandon the church and its opinions, and embrace rational skepticism instead?
Who said anything about Christianity? Who cares about Christianity? Religion is religion. Dogma is dogma. You can scream in deaf ears all day for all I care. I was saying that religion and atheism are pretty much the same . They both have foundations in absolutism. The only claim that they have is that nobody has any proof to prove the other wrong.
Why don't you write aonther five paragraph long piece of drivel that repeats the same old shit? You can even throw some quotes in from reknowned people that carry your views to make your opinions appear more legitimate.
I don't know why you even bother with this idiot and his innane posts about about bad scientists are? The F@#k-nut doesn't even care if anyone responds to his posts.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. If you don't believe in the gods proposed by humans, then you are an atheist. If you believe the universe is "god," or something similar, then you are a deist.
Non-belief is what atheist is.
There is a difference.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Lmfao! Nice fantasy what you mean is you'll be changing screen names. That's ok half wit we'll destroy that one as well.
Langoliers wrote:
FYI ~
I have to go to New York to get their
Networks back on line.
Be back in a few weeks.
Fight nice!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Ok let me say it again using smaller words. I see you always taking up for godbots and bashing non believers. Walks like a godbot, talks like a godbot, acts like a godbot....

Anything else I can help you with half wit? Very good back your crayons then. That's a good boy.

Dismissed.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You don't see anything other than what you want to see. I have not sided with anyone. I just let the D-bags know when they are being d-bags. So, now you know.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ok let me say it again using smaller words. I see you always taking up for godbots and bashing non believers. Walks like a godbot, talks like a godbot, acts like a godbot....
Anything else I can help you with half wit? Very good back your crayons then. That's a good boy.
Dismissed.
<quoted text>
You are mistaken, again.
You are not dismissed.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Half wit you do realize this is a forum and people can go back and read your posts defending believers and bashing non believers right? I know the concept must strain your IQ but you'll have to trust me on this one.

That'll be all troll dullard.

Dismissed
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken, again.
You are not dismissed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Sword of Gideon wrote:
You're not very nice are you?
I'm very nice. You're late to the party.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sword of Gideon wrote:
Well any Religion that has a focal point of a or many Gods can not be called fact just as saying there is no God be called fact. Simple fact is we don't know. Both side claim evidence and they are both correct there is evidence for both claims just no proof.
I do not know if any gods exist, just as I do not know if any vampires or leprechauns exist.

But I do know that the Christian "God" does not exist, as well as a several others. If you're interested how I know, I recently gave my argument here http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sword of Gideon wrote:
Even The Christian God says to abide by all of mans laws unless they conflict with Gods law. Murder breaks both laws.
What was your point? I can't tell what part of my post you were replying to. That I should subject my children to American prisons? I don't care what the bible says about anything.

It helps if you make your points explicitly.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sword of Gideon wrote:
Your a poor example of a atheist! Most atheist are hate free. You have lots of hate. Hate is based on religion of one form or another.
I'm already tired of your snap judgments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,501 - 4,520 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 7 min NightSerf 150
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 min Richardfs 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 223,969
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 min Richardfs 830
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Mikko 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 7 hr Patrick 23
•••
•••