Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 217)

Showing posts 4,321 - 4,340 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Wow just wow. We are all dumber for having read that insanely contradicting post.::pats your head:;

You did your best though I know.

Dismissed
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
heheheheheeeeeeeeeeee Lmao!!!!!!! yes dear both hindu and sikh religion believe in 1 supreme eternal being!!! but after thousands of yrs the true msg of hinduism has been lost, only very few sects of hindus still believe in the original teachings of the vedas, but most hindus r like, who cares what the vedas say i'm going to call myself hindu but do whatever i want i'm not going to follow the rules!!!
the sikh religion says exactly the same what the vedas say about God. he might have many forms but he is one! he is one! he is one! there has always been 1 God and there always will only be 1 God!
in both the hindu and sikh religions the 360million Gods are not really, they r the different forms of God that we humans have been able to comprehend, yep so God has even more forms than 360 million! form means chracteristics of God! example, God is merciful, so what hindus have done is make an idol and put a flower in this idols hand and called it merciful, there we go that's 1 form of God. then they got another idol put a sword in it's hand and made that the powerful form of God and etc etc etc etc until they got sooooooooooooo many God forms they lost count lllllllllllllllllllloooooooooo ool heheheeheeeeeee and also after making soooooooooo many idols they forgot as to why they were even making these idols!llllllllllllol they forget they were doing it to worship the different forms of the 1 supreme God!
and yes even jeus, odin and thor can be the different forms of God!!!!!! i'm being serious!!!!!!!! example, zeus is the God of sky and thunder, right? but both the sikh/hindu religion believe that the 1 God is the master of the sky/thunder, so u see that means zeus is a chracteristics of the 1 God too, so u can worship that chracteristic of God, but always keeping in mind that zeus is a chracteristic of God and NOT the 1 God! also i think hindus already have a sky and thunder God, but u can worship the zeus form of the 1 God if u want!!!
ALSO, I LOVE THOR!!!!!!!!!!
and yes hindus and sikhs keep fighting all the time coz their idiots!!!!!! they just need a good slap from zeus!! lllool
well i hope that helped u understand!!:)

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity?

Screaming about a scientist who was caught lying by other scientists doesn't prove there is a deity.
Posting comments by other believers doesn't prove there is a deity.

Until you prove there is a deity you haven't disproven atheism so to speak.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I heard an Italian woman covered in dust saying to the reporter, "I just thank God I'm alive."

I hope she remembered to thank her kind hearted imaginary friend for sending the hurricane in the first place.
derek4 wrote:
Posts 4364-4365 from "Skeptic" have been removed.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Posts 4539-4542 (all from “serpent”) are simply the cries of the uneducated elderly man from Orefield who is miserable every time he reads my posts and wastes his time hitting the reply button to each one,as he continues to show that he eagerly reads all my posts, but continues to be ineffectual in refuting them.
Posts 4539-4542 have been discarded and sent to the rubbish pile where his previous posts lie buried.
Still to cowardly to face me on Topix? LOL!!
Still unable to respond to superior posts.LOL!!
Keep running Wimp-Lo, keep running!!LOL!!
Not even man enough for Topix.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
KHATRU – You asked why I never post anything good about science. But, sometimes I do – here's one just for you – actually it's a re-post, but I guess you missed it the first time around, since you didn't want to “plough” through it.
From ABC News:
Atheists Who Go to Church: Doing It for the Children
“A new study out of Rice University has found that 17 percent — about one out of five scientists who describe themselves as either atheists or agnostics — actually go to church, although not too often, and not because they feel a spiritual yearning to join the faithful.
More likely, it’s because of the kids.
continued:
The study, by sociologists Elaine Howard Ecklund of Rice and Kristen Schultz Lee of the University at Buffalo, found that many atheists want their children exposed to religion so that they can make up their own minds on what to believe. In addition, church may provide a better understanding of morality and ethics, and occasionally attending services may ease the conflict between spouses who disagree over the value of religion to their children, the study contends.
[POSTER'S INSERT: IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES, LOL]
The research, published in the December issue of the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, was based on in-depth interviews with 275 scientists at 21 “elite” research universities in the United States. Sixty-one percent of the participants described themselves as either atheists or agnostics, and 17 percent of the non-believers had attended church more than once in the past year.
[NOTE – THIS WAS A SCIENTIFIC STUDY.......A GOOD ONE, TOO, LOL]
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12...
Not surprisingly, Wimp-Lo has failed to comprehend what he read, and to focus only on what he sees as a negative.

Points of interest...

1:"many atheists want their children exposed to religion so that they can make up their own minds on what to believe."

That's an opportunity that the majority of godbots children never get.

2:"church may provide a better understanding of morality and ethics."

Of course this does not indicate that the atheists are admitting that they do not provide morals and ethics as Wimp-Lo stupidly tries to suggest. Who would be stupid enough to think that in a survey, a parent would allude that "I don't have morals and ethics, so I take my kids to church"? LOL!! Only the twisted and hatful mind of Wimp-Lo! What is more realistic, and sensible, would be the interpretation that since most of the people in society believe in god, they take their morals and ethics from what is selectively taught by their religion. Understanding those beliefs may help children understand why a society is structured the way it is, and what some people may believe.

3: "occasionally attending services may ease the conflict between spouses who disagree over the value of religion to their children"

That should be obvious to even the dimmest of people. I doubt Wimp-Lo got it, as it isn't hateful enough for him to take notice, so of course he skipped it.

Lastly, it should be observed that poor ignorant, Wimp-Lo actually considered this piece "something good about science"!!! It is obvious that he only considered this "good" because he thought it said something bad about atheists. I guess when religion has twisted your mind so you become a hateful troll, Wimp-Lo is the product. It should be noted that Wimp-Lo refered to atheists in his posts as "maggots", and on at least a couple of posts fantasised about going out in a mob and doing physical harm to atheists. This is the mind that produces his posts. Why would anyone take him seriously?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Kat (Khatru) doesn't have time to "plough" through material to become an informed person. There is housework to do (mopping)- crayfish to prepare, and comic books to read.
Oh yes what was I thinking! LOL

What a troll he has become. You noticed his irritation level keeps climbing
As he gets annihilated on these boards?

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Every now and then, toward the end of the day, I believe it is fitting to re-post the atheist prayer:
ATHEIST PRAYER
Our Powers are within,
Whatever be their name.
What they have done, what still may come,
This Earth can yet be as Heaven.
Live then this day, and without dread,
And forgive your own trespasses
As you forgive those who trespass against you.
And be not led into temptation,
But flee away from evil,
For Time is the Healer,
With power to restore me,
Forever and ever, Amen.
http://packham.n4m.org/atheist2.htm
Also found at the link, within the text:
" ...one doesn't have to give up one's access to these powers [of prayer] just because one has given up belief in God. They are still there. I use them, all the time. Whereas I used to address a prayer: "Dear God, please..." I now simply place myself in a meditative state, relax, and put my feelings into words (sometimes only mentally) addressed to whoever or whatever may be listening. Even if it is only some part of my inner self, something happens to bring me peace, self-assurance, confidence. My fears are calmed, my sorrows are soothed, and I am reminded of my unassailable right to my tiny place in the universe, and that somehow everything will turn out all right in the end, or, if it doesn't, it won't really matter.”
[LMAO – a prayer “addressed to whoever or whatever may be listening”--- is that POWERFUL, or what?]
I guess that you fail to understand(Even though it has been pointed out to you several times), that this is the practice of individual(s), and does not represent the vast and overwehlming number of atheists. Atheism is only the lack of belief in god, and nothing else.
If I were to employ his logic, I could point to the Westboro Baptist churches' policy of picketing the funerals of US soldiers with foul and hateful signs, and claim that they are representative of all christians. Of course those of us that are not consumed by hatred, would be never be so ignorant as to jump to such an idiotic conclusion, as our education and common sense prohibits us from making such a childish mistake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>heheheheheeheeeeeeeeee eeee u guys r sooooooo funny i tell ya!! God bless u interesting people!!:)
Thank you mam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Posts 4539-4542 (all from “serpent”) are simply the cries of the uneducated elderly man from Orefield who is miserable every time he reads my posts and wastes his time hitting the reply button to each one,as he continues to show that he eagerly reads all my posts, but continues to be ineffectual in refuting them.

Posts 4539-4542 have been discarded and sent to the rubbish pile where his previous posts lie buried.
I've been informed not to bother with the slimy thing any more. I pass over him now.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

RE: Post 4549 (“gimmeliberty”)– There is no proof of God, nor does God have to prove anything to anyone. On the other hand, we have volumes of proof of fraudulent science – proof which undermines the “evidence” of science, evolution, and the fraud of Darwinism, which is the foundation of the atheist religion.

RE: Post 4550 (“swerty”)- about the Italian woman who thanked God for sparing her life, you asked why did he send the hurricane in the first place. See Matthew 5:45. Do you believe God sent the hurricane, or do you believe science has a different explanation for the hurricane?

Post 4551 - The losing elder "has been" from Orefield continues to whine from his corner. Anyone ever heard of anything worthwhile coming from "Orefield"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Can You Live with an Atheist?
[NO! It must be miserable.]
By Richard Davis, August 29, 2012

“She believes; he does not.

She attends religious services; he does not.

She is afraid to bring up the topic, because he literally gets in her face and screams like, well, the devil incarnate.

She is driven to tears because she cannot come home to him anymore.

She is quiet and does not try to convert him or anyone else; this is a new and private spiritual journey she is on, after many years of turmoil and stress and anxiety in her life. This new way makes her happy, calms her, gives her life renewed purpose at 51-years old.

He is getting more and more animated, growing nearly violent by throwing things about and slamming things down, all the while shouting about superstition and opium of the masses.

More and more people are what I will call "mean atheists". They torture those who believe, whether they be in their families or in their communities. They sometimes take to the media to decry religious practice as brainless and backward, and an endangerment to the entire community -- indeed, the entire country and world.

The atheists themselves find humor in talking about gods that can conjure stuff up, walk on waves, cure the sick and raise the dead, alarmed that these “fairy” tales are believed by full-grown adults, and when read in their context it is somewhat funny. They mock the gods and the dopes who believe.

Meanwhile, at home, your mean atheist, he roars about the sham of religion, forces his children to file lawsuits, and makes like the “hell” on earth that they presumably do not believe.

She left him last week.

If he had just let me alone. I was happy, she said.

But no. The screaming and the ranting was ongoing.

She said, I was happy. She said, he was happy.

That is, until she walked out the door on the first steps of a new spiritual journey.

She said to him, all I can do is pray for you.

He laughed. It was the only thing he laughed about.”
http://www.chicagonow.com/rare-chicago/2012/0...

[She did the right thing – good riddance!]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
KHATRU – You asked why I never post anything good about science. But, sometimes I do – here's one just for you – actually it's a re-post, but I guess you missed it the first time around, since you didn't want to “plough” through it.

From ABC News:

Atheists Who Go to Church: Doing It for the Children

“A new study out of Rice University has found that 17 percent — about one out of five scientists who describe themselves as either atheists or agnostics — actually go to church, although not too often, and not because they feel a spiritual yearning to join the faithful.

More likely, itÂ’s because of the kids.

continued:

The study, by sociologists Elaine Howard Ecklund of Rice and Kristen Schultz Lee of the University at Buffalo, found that many atheists want their children exposed to religion so that they can make up their own minds on what to believe. In addition, church may provide a better understanding of morality and ethics, and occasionally attending services may ease the conflict between spouses who disagree over the value of religion to their children, the study contends.

[POSTER'S INSERT: IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES, LOL]

The research, published in the December issue of the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, was based on in-depth interviews with 275 scientists at 21 “elite” research universities in the United States. Sixty-one percent of the participants described themselves as either atheists or agnostics, and 17 percent of the non-believers had attended church more than once in the past year.

[NOTE – THIS WAS A SCIENTIFIC STUDY.......A GOOD ONE, TOO, LOL]

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12...
Of course we Christians knew this!

" IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES,"

Lol

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity?
Screaming about a scientist who was caught lying by other scientists doesn't prove there is a deity.
This has been asked before without much of an answer. The simple fact is, that Wimp-Lo and his puppets do not have any kind of evidence of their myth, and in their anger, come to the atheist forum to troll. It must be infuriating to believe in an invisible cloud pixie, but have no proof that it is anything more than a primitive myth. In their fury, they attack anything that points this stupidity out, and in there desperation try to link those things together. This is the mindset of extremists. I mean, these guys think the earth is 6000 years old!!! I wouldn't expect too much in the way of intellect from them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Wow just wow. We are all dumber for having read that insanely contradicting post.::pats your head:;

You did your best though I know.

Dismissed
Now that's impossible! There is no way in hell you could get any dumber!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Oops: Almost overlooked ("serpent") posts 4552, 4554 - sorry. LOL.

They have been skimmed and discarded.

[Again, atheist children are leaving their atheist roots.....70% of them, as shown in previously posted statistics.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:

See what I mean, talk about stupid!

"I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity? "

I'm not here to proof to you there's a God. I don't what to save your azz!
You think I want you near me for eternity? Hell no!
I just here to slam atheist and bad science! LOL

Don't ask again! We are not going to let you in our club! LOL "Kindling"

LMAO

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes what was I thinking! LOL
What a troll he has become. You noticed his irritation level keeps climbing
As he gets annihilated on these boards?
You never think. That much is obvious.
If you want to see a troll, look in the mirror... Your posts consist mainly of kissing Wimp-Los butt(Which is funny as you are the same person), and failing to offer any evidence that the atheist disbelief in a god is incorrect. In that fact alone, it is the godbots getting "annihilated" on these threads. If you you like to point out a post that proves your god, please repost it. Otherwise, you fail.
Heck, you puppets are so beaten down that you can't even reply to many of the posters here. Other than a lack of a spine, it can only be reasoned that you have been so beaten, so many times, that you fear getting shown up again. LMAO!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Another example of atheists trying to dictate their beliefs:

From Knoxville News:
“Atheist group asks UTC to stop game day prayer”

[from August, 2012]

“CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP)— An atheist group has asked the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga to discontinue Christian prayers before football games.

UTC Associate Vice Chancellor Chuck Cantrell told the Chattanooga Times Free Press, the university is reviewing a letter from the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

The same group complained to the Hamilton County Commission about prayer. Later, county residents Tommy Coleman and Brandon Jones filed a lawsuit, seeking to stop it. The lawsuit has not yet been tried in court.

The atheist organization sent a letter dated May 15 to Chancellor Roger Brown, asking the university to halt what group Co-President Laurie Gaylor described as "unlawful university sponsorship of Christian prayer."

The letter continued, quoting legal precedent and, eventually, the Bible.”
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/17/athe...

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Can You Live with an Atheist?
Unread and dismissed unread as unrelated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we Christians knew this!
" IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES,"
Lol
Thank God most atheist children learn to see through atheism when they "grow up" and leave their atheist roots, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,321 - 4,340 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••