Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11178 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#4557 Oct 30, 2012
RE: Post 4549 (“gimmeliberty”)– There is no proof of God, nor does God have to prove anything to anyone. On the other hand, we have volumes of proof of fraudulent science – proof which undermines the “evidence” of science, evolution, and the fraud of Darwinism, which is the foundation of the atheist religion.

RE: Post 4550 (“swerty”)- about the Italian woman who thanked God for sparing her life, you asked why did he send the hurricane in the first place. See Matthew 5:45. Do you believe God sent the hurricane, or do you believe science has a different explanation for the hurricane?

Post 4551 - The losing elder "has been" from Orefield continues to whine from his corner. Anyone ever heard of anything worthwhile coming from "Orefield"?

Location hidden

#4558 Oct 30, 2012
Can You Live with an Atheist?
[NO! It must be miserable.]
By Richard Davis, August 29, 2012

“She believes; he does not.

She attends religious services; he does not.

She is afraid to bring up the topic, because he literally gets in her face and screams like, well, the devil incarnate.

She is driven to tears because she cannot come home to him anymore.

She is quiet and does not try to convert him or anyone else; this is a new and private spiritual journey she is on, after many years of turmoil and stress and anxiety in her life. This new way makes her happy, calms her, gives her life renewed purpose at 51-years old.

He is getting more and more animated, growing nearly violent by throwing things about and slamming things down, all the while shouting about superstition and opium of the masses.

More and more people are what I will call "mean atheists". They torture those who believe, whether they be in their families or in their communities. They sometimes take to the media to decry religious practice as brainless and backward, and an endangerment to the entire community -- indeed, the entire country and world.

The atheists themselves find humor in talking about gods that can conjure stuff up, walk on waves, cure the sick and raise the dead, alarmed that these “fairy” tales are believed by full-grown adults, and when read in their context it is somewhat funny. They mock the gods and the dopes who believe.

Meanwhile, at home, your mean atheist, he roars about the sham of religion, forces his children to file lawsuits, and makes like the “hell” on earth that they presumably do not believe.

She left him last week.

If he had just let me alone. I was happy, she said.

But no. The screaming and the ranting was ongoing.

She said, I was happy. She said, he was happy.

That is, until she walked out the door on the first steps of a new spiritual journey.

She said to him, all I can do is pray for you.

He laughed. It was the only thing he laughed about.”
http://www.chicagonow.com/rare-chicago/2012/0...

[She did the right thing – good riddance!]

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4559 Oct 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
KHATRU – You asked why I never post anything good about science. But, sometimes I do – here's one just for you – actually it's a re-post, but I guess you missed it the first time around, since you didn't want to “plough” through it.

From ABC News:

Atheists Who Go to Church: Doing It for the Children

“A new study out of Rice University has found that 17 percent — about one out of five scientists who describe themselves as either atheists or agnostics — actually go to church, although not too often, and not because they feel a spiritual yearning to join the faithful.

More likely, it’s because of the kids.

continued:

The study, by sociologists Elaine Howard Ecklund of Rice and Kristen Schultz Lee of the University at Buffalo, found that many atheists want their children exposed to religion so that they can make up their own minds on what to believe. In addition, church may provide a better understanding of morality and ethics, and occasionally attending services may ease the conflict between spouses who disagree over the value of religion to their children, the study contends.

[POSTER'S INSERT: IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES, LOL]

The research, published in the December issue of the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, was based on in-depth interviews with 275 scientists at 21 “elite” research universities in the United States. Sixty-one percent of the participants described themselves as either atheists or agnostics, and 17 percent of the non-believers had attended church more than once in the past year.

[NOTE – THIS WAS A SCIENTIFIC STUDY.......A GOOD ONE, TOO, LOL]

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12...
Of course we Christians knew this!

" IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES,"

Lol

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#4560 Oct 30, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity?
Screaming about a scientist who was caught lying by other scientists doesn't prove there is a deity.
Posting comments by other believers doesn't prove there is a deity.
Until you prove there is a deity you haven't disproven atheism so to speak.
This has been asked before without much of an answer. The simple fact is, that Wimp-Lo and his puppets do not have any kind of evidence of their myth, and in their anger, come to the atheist forum to troll. It must be infuriating to believe in an invisible cloud pixie, but have no proof that it is anything more than a primitive myth. In their fury, they attack anything that points this stupidity out, and in there desperation try to link those things together. This is the mindset of extremists. I mean, these guys think the earth is 6000 years old!!! I wouldn't expect too much in the way of intellect from them.

Location hidden

#4561 Oct 30, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Wow just wow. We are all dumber for having read that insanely contradicting post.::pats your head:;

You did your best though I know.

Dismissed
Now that's impossible! There is no way in hell you could get any dumber!

Location hidden

#4562 Oct 30, 2012
Oops: Almost overlooked ("serpent") posts 4552, 4554 - sorry. LOL.

They have been skimmed and discarded.

[Again, atheist children are leaving their atheist roots.....70% of them, as shown in previously posted statistics.]

Location hidden

#4563 Oct 30, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity?

Screaming about a scientist who was caught lying by other scientists doesn't prove there is a deity.
Posting comments by other believers doesn't prove there is a deity.

Until you prove there is a deity you haven't disproven atheism so to speak.
See what I mean, talk about stupid!

"I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity? "

I'm not here to proof to you there's a God. I don't what to save your azz!
You think I want you near me for eternity? Hell no!
I just here to slam atheist and bad science! LOL

Don't ask again! We are not going to let you in our club! LOL "Kindling"

LMAO

Orefield, PA

#4564 Oct 30, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes what was I thinking! LOL
What a troll he has become. You noticed his irritation level keeps climbing
As he gets annihilated on these boards?
You never think. That much is obvious.
If you want to see a troll, look in the mirror... Your posts consist mainly of kissing Wimp-Los butt(Which is funny as you are the same person), and failing to offer any evidence that the atheist disbelief in a god is incorrect. In that fact alone, it is the godbots getting "annihilated" on these threads. If you you like to point out a post that proves your god, please repost it. Otherwise, you fail.
Heck, you puppets are so beaten down that you can't even reply to many of the posters here. Other than a lack of a spine, it can only be reasoned that you have been so beaten, so many times, that you fear getting shown up again. LMAO!!!

Location hidden

#4565 Oct 30, 2012
Another example of atheists trying to dictate their beliefs:

From Knoxville News:
“Atheist group asks UTC to stop game day prayer”

[from August, 2012]

“CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP)— An atheist group has asked the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga to discontinue Christian prayers before football games.

UTC Associate Vice Chancellor Chuck Cantrell told the Chattanooga Times Free Press, the university is reviewing a letter from the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

The same group complained to the Hamilton County Commission about prayer. Later, county residents Tommy Coleman and Brandon Jones filed a lawsuit, seeking to stop it. The lawsuit has not yet been tried in court.

The atheist organization sent a letter dated May 15 to Chancellor Roger Brown, asking the university to halt what group Co-President Laurie Gaylor described as "unlawful university sponsorship of Christian prayer."

The letter continued, quoting legal precedent and, eventually, the Bible.”
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/17/athe...

Orefield, PA

#4566 Oct 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Can You Live with an Atheist?
Unread and dismissed unread as unrelated.

Location hidden

#4567 Oct 30, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we Christians knew this!
" IN OTHER WORDS, THE KIDS WON'T LEARN MORALITY IN THE ATHEIST HOMES,"
Lol
Thank God most atheist children learn to see through atheism when they "grow up" and leave their atheist roots, lol.

Orefield, PA

#4568 Oct 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
RE: Post 4549 (“gimmeliberty”)– There is no proof of God, nor does God have to prove anything to anyone. On the other hand, we have volumes of proof of fraudulent science – proof which undermines the “evidence” of science, evolution, and the fraud of Darwinism, which is the foundation of the atheist religion.
RE: Post 4550 (“swerty”)- about the Italian woman who thanked God for sparing her life, you asked why did he send the hurricane in the first place. See Matthew 5:45. Do you believe God sent the hurricane, or do you believe science has a different explanation for the hurricane?
Post 4551 - The losing elder "has been" from Orefield continues to whine from his corner. Anyone ever heard of anything worthwhile coming from "Orefield"?
Correct, there is no proof of god. There is no proof for Apollo. In both cases, it is because neither exists. As for fraudulent science, it is unrelated so it is dismissed. Once again, if Darwinism(as you incorrectly call it) is the basis of atheism, it would be a requirement for all atheists. It is not. The largest christian denomination accepts evolution, so the idea that it is tied to atheism is simply desperation and ignorance.

As for the hurricane. You claimed in an earlier post that "god is in charge", so yes, according to you, god sent the hurricane. Atheists of course find that chilish, and false. Science gives an explanation of how the hurricane forms and is not embarrassed by claiming that nature loves everyone, and than sends a force that kills it's adherents. LOL!!

As for your cowardly reference to me. It is good to see that you so fear me, that you run away from my every post. That is the way it should be. I guess since your chilish plan to have the thread removed didn't work, you have resorted to cowardice. Don't worry though, I will always be here, showing everyone that reads these posts what godbots are all about! LOL!!!

You lose every time. LMAO!!!

Orefield, PA

#4569 Oct 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God most atheist children learn to see through atheism when they "grow up" and leave their atheist roots, lol.
Of course the great news is that atheism is growing by leaps and bounds!!

Orefield, PA

#4570 Oct 30, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean, talk about stupid!
"I have a question of all of Derek aka langoqueers spam posts how do any of them show proof for a deity? "
I'm not here to proof to you there's a God. I don't what to save your azz!
You think I want you near me for eternity? Hell no!
I just here to slam atheist and bad science! LOL
Don't ask again! We are not going to let you in our club! LOL "Kindling"
LMAO
In other words, you have nothing to offer, so you troll.
No proof, no god.

As a side note, you are claiming that you are willfully, and unrepentently disobeying the commands of your lord. So much for your place in heaven!!LOL!!!

Say hi to Charles "Tex" Watson for me. He was a follower of Charles Manson. He was convicted of Killing several people including Sharon Tate, who was nine months pregnant when she was stabbed at least 19 times.
Since his incarceration, he has found jesus. He is a co-founder of a organization that helps other prisoners find god. He has confessed his "sins", and has publically accepted christ. According to your religion, he will be in heaven with you for all eternity. LOL!!!! Nice to know you and Tex, and Sharon Tates murdered baby will all be in heaven together singing praises to the god that allowed a murdering criminal, with open arms!!

Fourtunately, all of this is part of a myth, so an azzhole like Tex doesn't get an eternal reward.(Neither do you). LMAO!!!!

So until you provide evidence for your god, he remains a silly, childish, myth.

Orefield, PA

#4571 Oct 30, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Another example of atheists trying to dictate their beliefs:
The beliefs of godbots does not overrule the US constitution. The christian taliban will not take over!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4572 Oct 30, 2012
Prayer: The idea that God's plans are so unimportant that he will change them if you ask him to.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#4573 Oct 30, 2012
RE:“Orefield” post 4560 – Not sure I followed this rant, but from what I make of it,“Orefield” believes in a “cloud pixie”(whatever that is – beats me – I don't know of any cloud pixies – they must something related to our fraudulent scientists, lol).

RE:“Orefield” post 4564 – As old man “serpent” continues to sink lower and lower, he keeps feebly whining out, and and he's terrified. He's obsessed every day with trying to get ahead, as he falls behind. It's eating at his gut. He's miserable, lol. He says other posters are – what was it again?- oh - yes –“beaten down”. In what possible way? And says who?(Loser “Orefield” says it?- LMAO) Nope, I'm still going strong, still posting the facts on fraudulent science and the false atheist religion......life is good, and I feel like a winner every day.

RE:“Orefield” post 4568 – Your friend Swerty doesn't agree with you. Swerty doesn't believe God sent the hurricane. But you do. You know God sent it, and the Italian woman was thankful God spared her. Now, aren't you glad I didn't “run away” from your posts? I answered them, lol. But I choose the format and style to answer which is convenient to ME since there are no scientific methods requiring me to waste my time answering your posts any particular way. And if I choose to ignore your posts, that's okay too. I owe you zilch. And of course, you're free to ignore me, if you wish – I couldn't care less where you go, or what you do, lol. You're nothing to me at all.

RE: Post 4569 -“Orefield says atheism growing by leaps and bounds. Yeah – sure, it's like “taking over” right? In 8 more years, we will have an atheist president, and all Christian churches will be destroyed, lmao.

RE: Orefield post 4571 – Is this supposed to mean anything, or were you testing your typing skills.

Guess that about sums it up for old man “Orefield”.

Don't expect me to show you this much courtesy again, Orefield. Your future posts will probably get NOTHING from me, since you give the forum NOTHING.

All your posts, even the replied to ones, have now been discarded like all the ones before, lol. You're not a contributory person. You're just a hostile old man, and it's killing you that you always come out on the BOTTOM.

Location hidden

#4574 Oct 30, 2012
swerty wrote:
Prayer: The idea that God's plans are so unimportant that he will change them if you ask him to. <quoted text>
It is wonderful that an almighty God who created everyone and everything is still willing to listen to the prayers of each and every person who sincerely calls on him with an open heart. This shows the greatness of God. I cannot possibly gain access to visit the President of our nation, but through a simple prayer, I can reach God directly.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4575 Oct 30, 2012
As the storm raged, the captain realized his ship was sinking fast. He called out, "Anyone here know how to pray?"

One man stepped forward. "Aye, Captain, I know how to pray."

"Good," said the captain, "you pray while the rest of us put on our life jackets - we're one short."
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is wonderful that an almighty God who created everyone and everything is still willing to listen to the prayers of each and every person who sincerely calls on him with an open heart. This shows the greatness of God. I cannot possibly gain access to visit the President of our nation, but through a simple prayer, I can reach God directly.

Location hidden

#4576 Oct 30, 2012
swerty wrote:
As the storm raged, the captain realized his ship was sinking fast. He called out, "Anyone here know how to pray?"
One man stepped forward. "Aye, Captain, I know how to pray."
"Good," said the captain, "you pray while the rest of us put on our life jackets - we're one short." <quoted text>
Thanks for giving us a good laugh. I enjoyed your joke. See, even YOU can contribute to the forum, swerty! I bet you also enjoy reading comic books, like Khatru does. No one takes either of you seriously, but at least you have a sense of humor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr superwilly 247,731
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr ORIGINAL WILLARD 51
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr woodtick57 47,893
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr dollarsbill 12,889
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 3 hr Eagle 12 28
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 21 hr Thinking 2,357
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web