Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
21 - 40 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
True or False

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

AmericasBestChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some nerve comin’ around this here atheist forum with your FAKE-ass “Jeehovy” blathering. You are a crazy blabbermouth who is leading these atheists to HELL bein’ as you are NOT a TRUE Christian and your heretic’s bible is risible. In Spanish, you call yourselves “Testigos de Jehovah” but down here in Texas I tell even the stupidest Mexican who can vote to just refer to y’all as “God’s Testicles” or “Los Testiculos de Jehova”.
Jehovahs are cowards. Y’all are scared of yer own shadows. Boarding up yer houses when any holiday comes around. Not celebratin’ yer own birthday, let alone the birthday of Jesus. You know? Maybe you're right. Maybe God’s gonna let us all know about that.“I’m sorry, you all led pretty good lives and everything, you believe in Jesus, you followed the commandments, what can I say?” And we’ll all be standin’ there waitin’ to get into heaven. We start walkin’ foreward. God starts talkin’ again,“But you know what?” And we’re all like,“What?” And He says,“You all really ticked me off with all them birthday parties.” And we’re all standin’ there waitin’ for His ‘perfect justice’ to be done. And God says to us,“You all can sing happy birthday all you want!” And we’re all excited and our faces all light up, and then God puts his nose up in the air and says,“...in HELL!” Oh, that's a peach ain’t it? And all the Jeehovy-Witnesses is skippin’ their way along through the pearly gates.
Anyhow, please stop molesting these atheists with your chronic mental masturbation as this is MY mission field and I don’t have time to learn you some KING JAMES BIBLE! Scoot yer heretical ass over to the Scientologist forum and talk tripe to a bunch of folks who believe they came to Earth in a spaceship piloted by talking, lava eating, sea clams. Scientologists and Jeehovies just don’t know whether to wind the butt or scratch the watch.
I appreciate anyone's honest opinions and beliefs, and at one time I too thought I was right in my thinking, it takes the truth of God's word to remedy that false reasoning.

Since you are not interested in what the Bible says, my reply is the same as the early Christians was.

(Matthew 10:14, 15). . .Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your respect for my beliefs is immaterial to me since the feeling is mutual.
Better read up on the statistics as to what is wasting away. But, unfortunately for you, even if you find some figures to back you up, they will only confirm what the Bible says about evil in the last days getting worse and worse.
So why are you here?

If you have some proof that your god is anything more than a character in a poorly written book, let me know. Until than, you are trying to "spread the word" to folks that don't want to hear it. As for the predictions in the bible, every holy book from every other religion and myth in history says exactly the same thing about the "end times", so excuse me if I am not impressed.
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you here?
If you have some proof that your god is anything more than a character in a poorly written book, let me know. Until than, you are trying to "spread the word" to folks that don't want to hear it. As for the predictions in the bible, every holy book from every other religion and myth in history says exactly the same thing about the "end times", so excuse me if I am not impressed.
Why are you here? To simply argue? I have as much right to post in the forum as you do, right? Right. I haven't been spreading any word, I was responding to someone who indicated that is not what Christians are supposed to do. I couldn't care less what impresses you, and you have never impressed me either. If you don't want to hear something, you can leave the forum or stay here and put up with things you don't want to hear - the choice is always yours. I have no obligation to prove God's existence to you, nor could I - it has been debated for years. But I can tell you this, there are no atheists in hell.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 6:6 is a great verse which teaches us not to pray to be heard of others, but of God.
Matthew 24:14 (ESV)-“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
Mark 16:15 ESV -“And he said to them,“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
Contradictions, it still says the opposite as well. You dodge by using your own interpretation yet many christians use the verse Madscot posted instead.
Ruby Dawson

Eddy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradictions, it still says the opposite as well. You dodge by using your own interpretation yet many christians use the verse Madscot posted instead.
There is no contradiction. No Christians use the verse he posted to say they are not to spread the gospel, so the plain and simple of it is that you are wrong, which is understandable since you've already shown how ignorant you are of the Bible. Come up with something credible or you have nothing of value to contribute here.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you here? To simply argue? I have as much right to post in the forum as you do, right? Right. I haven't been spreading any word, I was responding to someone who indicated that is not what Christians are supposed to do. I couldn't care less what impresses you, and you have never impressed me either. If you don't want to hear something, you can leave the forum or stay here and put up with things you don't want to hear - the choice is always yours. I have no obligation to prove God's existence to you, nor could I - it has been debated for years. But I can tell you this, there are no atheists in hell.
My reasons for being here are not material to the thread. From your first post..."A significant part of the Christian belief is to share the gospel they believe in, while recognizing that it is each person's decision to accept it or not." It is obvious what you are up to.
As to what impresses whom... Who said anything about it? Building a strawman is dishonest, but you have already shown your dishonesty. Nothing new there. As for proving that your fairy tale is real, no news there either. I can tell you this... There is no hell, that's just another part of the myth, like jesus, god, angels, etc...

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contradiction. No Christians use the verse he posted to say they are not to spread the gospel, so the plain and simple of it is that you are wrong, which is understandable since you've already shown how ignorant you are of the Bible. Come up with something credible or you have nothing of value to contribute here.
Oh, so now you are the judge of whom has what to say of value?? Typical arrogant christian.
Would you like me to post some contradictions from your silly book of fairytales?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
No true Scotsman drinks beer.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try google. Not spending my time researching something you can do on your own just so you can find something else and post an opposing link.
Of course not, you can't back up what you claim. You are dismissed.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
I haven't been spreading any word, I was responding to someone who indicated that is not what Christians are supposed to do.
And we pointed out the contradiction in your claim. The Bible can be used to justify anything, good or bad. That was the underlying theme to most of the responses you recieved.
Ruby Dawson wrote:
If you don't want to hear something, you can leave the forum or stay here and put up with things you don't want to hear - the choice is always yours.
And vice versa. I believe you're the one that whined the loudest about having your contradictions pointed out. It's ok, we here in the atheist forum know all too well about the christian persecution complex.
Ruby Dawson wrote:
I have no obligation to prove God's existence to you, nor could I - it has been debated for years. But I can tell you this, there are no atheists in hell.
Yes you do. If you want to make claims about what God wants or the things he can do, you must prove it exists. Otherwise, you're basing conclusions on an assumption. That kind of thinking doesn't make you right or dignified enough to be put off limits to atheist's challenges to your claims. Hell? If I had half an inkling that hell existed, I might take exception to your threat. Instead, I merely pointed and chuckled at you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you here? To simply argue? I have as much right to post in the forum as you do, right? Right.
Nobody is questioning your right to post. They're questioning your ridiculous disproven beliefs.

Get it right. Atheists fight for your right to believe. Not for your right to lie about science and reality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no obligation to prove God's existence to you, nor could I -
Which basically means you're in denial (or suffering from the mental illness of faith) and you don't really understand what atheism is about..
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you are the judge of whom has what to say of value?? Typical arrogant christian.
Would you like me to post some contradictions from your silly book of fairytales?
Post whatever you like, it is of no interest to me.
You're not arrogant, now, are you?
You are always free to post anything you like - you don't have to request my permission, or what I would like. But it would have no value to me. Perhaps someone else here would find it of interest, so I want you to always feel free to post anything you're comfortable with. LOL
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Which basically means you're in denial (or suffering from the mental illness of faith) and you don't really understand what atheism is about..
Since you're evidently an atheist, and I don't see much intelligence coming from you, that alone shows me it's not too complicated what atheism is about. Beyond the obvious fact that it denies God's existence, I have no need to know anything more about it.
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is questioning your right to post. They're questioning your ridiculous disproven beliefs.
Get it right. Atheists fight for your right to believe. Not for your right to lie about science and reality.
Where did I lie about science? Where did I mention science?

LOL

Atheists fight for my right to believe? I could have laughed all day when I read that one. What a fool you are. I can believe anything I choose. Each person will forever be free to believe what they choose, no matter what country they live in or what government is in place. The only right that the goverment may one day take away - or try to - is the right to PRACTICE what I believe. But what is in my heart and belief system will forever be there, regardless of what any atheist does or does not do. Talk about ignorance - your post was one of the most ignorant of any I've ever seen.
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, you can't back up what you claim. You are dismissed.
Matthew 24:14 (ESV)-“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
Mark 16:15 ESV -“And he said to them,“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”

And I dismiss you.
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
And we pointed out the contradiction in your claim. The Bible can be used to justify anything, good or bad. That was the underlying theme to most of the responses you recieved.
<quoted text>
And vice versa. I believe you're the one that whined the loudest about having your contradictions pointed out. It's ok, we here in the atheist forum know all too well about the christian persecution complex.
<quoted text>
Yes you do. If you want to make claims about what God wants or the things he can do, you must prove it exists. Otherwise, you're basing conclusions on an assumption. That kind of thinking doesn't make you right or dignified enough to be put off limits to atheist's challenges to your claims. Hell? If I had half an inkling that hell existed, I might take exception to your threat. Instead, I merely pointed and chuckled at you.

And I dismiss you.

I do not care where you go or do not go when your time on the planet is up. The choice is yours, and if you don't care, why should I? I have no burden for your soul, and that is also supported by the Bible (Matthew 10:14: "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet."
Ruby Dawson

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

And one final note to the forum:
I am deleting this thread from the threads I follow up on. In other words, I will not be returning to check for rebuttals. The reason is because I would only expect to see more of the same brainless posts and atheistic hatred I've seen far too many times already and the same rhetoric atheists always go through. More pink unicorns, more insults against God and the Christian belief. Don't need the aggravation, and don't need to waste any more time with any of them than I've already wasted. Feel free to chop up my post into little pieces, and break it all down, or dismiss me with a single sentence......lol.....whatever you want to do, but realize that I will not be back to check up on you, sweetie cakes, so the only good that will do is to serve for you all to gratify each other. And you know what, I hope it does that for you. The only joy you get from this life is what you experience at the moment, since death will bring you only one of two things:(1) nothing at all but worms and decay, if you are right, or (2) hell if you're wrong. Your belief is a lose/lose situation. Take care of your health, eat right, and enjoy the limited years on the planet that you have while you can. Okey Dokey?[OKEY DOKEY]

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Ruby Dawson wrote:
And one final note to the forum:
I am deleting this thread from the threads I follow up on.[OKEY DOKEY]
Such a chicken, run from the facts, typical christian on here.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Another gutless, myth believer, troll.
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Ruby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••