Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11176 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3567 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funnier is how atheists have blind religious faith in fraudulent scientists and are willing to go to hell with them, lol.
We find it even funnier that you are so far off base. You have no idea of who we are. Your small mind cannot even encompass so foreign a concept, as simply not theist.

Earth,TX

#3568 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was truly hilarious.
Only you could provide us with such a perfect example of how stupid you are.
[Lawdy!]
How embarrassing it must be for you.
But, thank you for entertaining us today.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
pssssssttttt........
You will like the revised one even more. >>>>

I see you as someone who would walk into a room full of people, pass out small spray bottles, and tell everyone to spray it on their face. That they will like it, and some of them, do just that.

There are some people, who will say "What is in it?", to which you again say, "Try it, you will like it". And more will spray their faces, still some won't and you'll attempt cajoling them into trying it too. They'll ask again "what is it".

After awhile, no one else is going to spray themselves, and the ones that did are all waiting for whatever, and it is then that you will tell them, "The bottle contains flesh eating bacteria, and I can tell you how to keep it from eating your face".

Do you think you can now get these people who have sprayed their faces, to do whatever you say?

After they have sprayed their faces and then followed your commands, they too, are soon out begging others to "Spray your face, you will like it".

You are Christainity and I do not spray my face, at your behest.

Earth,TX

#3569 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may clothe and feed your children and entertain them, but no, you're not a good father to them because you turned them away from God, and they will go to hell with you.
And you know this because you already said you weren't always an atheist, which means you left God, and will suffer the consequences of your choice.
You'll find out how big a hero you are to them down there in hell -
And your place in hell will be hotter than most, since the souls of your children will be lost because of your false atheistic religion.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, cowboy, just because you can be scared by a god who would make you eat your children, doesn't mean we can. We kinda like our children, and would never push them to bow before such a pig of a god. Your god is just as scary as Pele, Zeus, Ganesh, Ra, and Shiva are.

Keep your filth to your self, oh wielder of the spray bottle.

Jehovah will afflict you with, that which he will provide the cure for. LOL! PASS!

Earth,TX

#3570 Oct 15, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"We should all thank Newdow for giving us a reason to hope that one day, in the not-too-distant future, we will return to the America of September 10, 2001. To return to those days when we had nothing better to do than bicker over really critical issues like which politician is the most patriotic, or who has the biggest flag on the block. Thanks to Newdow's lawsuit charging the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional (due to that "under God" phrase), we've become reacquainted with that comforting place where flag-waving carries no sorrowful undertones, only simple pride or defiance.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...
So is Newdow going to re-animate some few thousand people, and then restore the broken buildings and lives that fell to your god that next day?

Earth,TX

#3571 Oct 15, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup that must be it.
So where is your proof?
You the almighty squid of this thread!
Lots of wasted ink, nothing written!
LOL
ink? LOL!

Science rules, you drool!

Since: Mar 11

Dallas, TX

#3572 Oct 15, 2012
Your obvious fetishes are your own. Wow you are obsessed with having sex with the elderly.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You still having a good time rollin' in the hay with your grannie?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#3573 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bam? As in bang, shot 'ya?......lmao.
Right, I agree with you - even if it wasn't a complete sentence, and even if it was gramatically incorrect – what the heck, as long as it conveys the right message, it's okay by me, lol!!!
So - thanks for shooting down the Hedonist quote from Sagan, lol. It was full of crap, just as your posts usually are.
The self-correcting (peer review) system has failed us. I have made many posts about this which you willfully ignore. One of them says,“the self-regulating peer review system suffers from serious underlying defects.”
“Retractions from journals are not routine occurrences--journal editors are extremely reluctant to retract articles, a tacit acknowledgment of their own gate-keeping failure--and fear of reprisals from the sponsors of those retracted trial reports. Many journals don’t even have retraction policies, and the ones that do publish critical notices of retraction long after the original paper appeared—without providing explicit information as to why they are being retracted.
Judging by analyses showing that the number of retractions during the past ten years has skyrocketed, it is reasonable to conclude that the self-regulating peer review system suffers from serious underlying defects.”
http://www.ahrp.org/cms/content/view/846/94/
And this from:
“Deception and Fraud in the Publication of Scientific Research: Are There Solutions?”
found within the text:
“... existing peer review systems probably cannot detect anything but the most obvious fraud.”
http://scholarworks.umass.edu/intljssw/vol1/i...
Get a grip on yourself, child.

One thing worse than fraud in science is religion.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#3574 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your obvious fetishes are your own. Wow you are obsessed with having sex with the elderly.
<quoted text>
Did that idiot really post that?

Dallas, TX

#3575 Oct 15, 2012
I know it looks like he really hates all things science. Well until he is sick or wants to use anything modern. At that point he just adores science! For all the Christhole science bashers I sure don't see any of them willing to go live like the Amish. Hmmm.
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is funniest of all is how some poor, little theist tries to divert attention away from his lack of proof for his childish myth, by trying to discredit science. And than tries in vain to tie science to atheism. LMAO!!!
Poor Derelict, his stinks of desperation. But keep plugging away, we can always use the laugh!

Dallas, TX

#3576 Oct 15, 2012
Those flat earthers are always good for a laugh. So nice they come here as voluntary punching bags! Lulz
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>ink? LOL!
Science rules, you drool!

Earth,TX

#3577 Oct 15, 2012
“Science is the record of dead religions.”
— Oscar Wilde, Phrases and Philosophies for the Use of the Young, 1894

Dallas, TX

#3578 Oct 15, 2012
Yes he did it's rather creepy his fascination with having sex with geriatric people. Oh well that's his fetish.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that idiot really post that?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3579 Oct 16, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a great point. And that's why so many scientists have given us bad answers. They were fraudulent with their research and they were WRONG, lol.
Creationism is wrong because it's a lie that doesn't match any data whatsoever.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3580 Oct 16, 2012
<quoted text>We find it even funnier that you are so far off base. You have no idea of who we are. Your small mind cannot even encompass so foreign a concept, as simply not theist.
he's a grade A Creationist idiot, lying for his cult. They probably pay him per post as these Creationists are all neocons liars trying to get romney in.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#3581 Oct 16, 2012
derek4 wrote:
You may clothe and feed your children and entertain them, but no, you're not a good father to them because you turned them away from God, and they will go to hell with you ... You'll find out how big a hero you are to them down there in hell - And your place in hell will be hotter than most, since the souls of your children will be lost because of your false atheistic religion.
You are the failure as a father. You gave your children to the priests to be used like they used you. You taught them your tiny world view and deprived them of a chance to live authentic lives. Instead, you put the fear of hell in their heads like parents did to you. Which of your descendents will have the fortitude to break that chain of bondage? Hopefully, your children. If not, maybe their children:

"Religions mutate in time and grow in sophistication as each generation of holy men learn what works and what doesn’t, what makes people obedient and what causes rebellion, what ideas people can easily escape, and which will haunt them until they have to pray just to stop the nagging fear." - Phil Hellene

"Religion is always in the control business and that's something people don't really understand. It's in the guilt-producing, control business.... and so they create this fiery place which has quite literally scared the hell out of a lot of people throughout christian history. And it's part of a control tactic" - Bishop John Shelby Spong

Fennario

#3582 Oct 16, 2012
I see you as someone who would walk into a room full of people, pass out small spray bottles, and tell everyone to spray it on their face. That they will like it, and some of them, do just that.

There are some people, who will say "What is in it?", to which you again say, "Try it, you will like it". And more will spray their faces, still some won't and you'll attempt cajoling them into trying it too. They'll ask again "what is it".

After awhile, no one else is going to spray themselves, and the ones that did are all waiting for whatever, and it is then that you will tell them, "The bottle contains flesh eating bacteria, and I can tell you how to keep it from eating your face".

Do you think you can now get these people who have sprayed their faces, to do whatever you say?

After they have sprayed their faces and then followed your commands, they too, are soon out begging others to "Spray your face, you will like it".

You are Christainity and I do not spray my face, at your behest.
Very nice. Now let us spray.

Fennario

#3583 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I know it looks like he really hates all things science. Well until he is sick or wants to use anything modern. At that point he just adores science! For all the Christhole science bashers I sure don't see any of them willing to go live like the Amish. Hmmm.
Have you seen this?:

"You stare into your high definition plasma screen monitor, type into your cordless keyboard then hit enter which causes your computer to convert all that visual data into a binary signal that’s processed by millions of precise circuits, which is then converted to a frequency modulated signal to reach you wireless router where it is then converted to light waves and sent along a large fiber optics cable to be processed by a super computer on a mass server which then sends that bit you typed to a satellite orbiting the earth that was put there through the greatest feats of engineering and science, all so it could go back through a similar pathway to make it all the way here to my computer monitor 15,000 miles away from you just so you could say,“Science is all a bunch of man made hogwash.”- anon.

Fennario

#3584 Oct 16, 2012
“Science is the record of dead religions.”— Oscar Wilde, Phrases and Philosophies for the Use of the Young, 1894
"The Internet: A place where religions come to die" :
http://old.richarddawkins.net/videos/5508-the...

This is a ten minute video by Thunderfoot, who makes a lot of good videos. This one discusses the indoctrination of children using fear, repetition, and groups settings; religious cultic thinking and the difficulty of breaking away; how science benefits from scrutiny while religion evaporates under it; and how the Internet will facilitate the scrutiny of religion by facilitating open criticism of the church and politicized religion, just as we do here now.

Dallas, TX

#3585 Oct 16, 2012
Yes I love that one! Lol!

Not to mention modern science saves more lives in one day than all the gods put together if one believed the so called holy stories.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this?:
"You stare into your high definition plasma screen monitor, type into your cordless keyboard then hit enter which causes your computer to convert all that visual data into a binary signal that’s processed by millions of precise circuits, which is then converted to a frequency modulated signal to reach you wireless router where it is then converted to light waves and sent along a large fiber optics cable to be processed by a super computer on a mass server which then sends that bit you typed to a satellite orbiting the earth that was put there through the greatest feats of engineering and science, all so it could go back through a similar pathway to make it all the way here to my computer monitor 15,000 miles away from you just so you could say,“Science is all a bunch of man made hogwash.”- anon.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3586 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes I love that one! Lol!
Not to mention modern science saves more lives in one day than all the gods put together if one believed the so called holy stories.
<quoted text>
Especially if you net it out with all of the people that all of the gods have murdered over the course of their history...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 min yehoshooah adam 3,775
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Aura Mytha 69,863
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr The Wheeze of Trump 415
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 2 hr superwilly 12,672
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Into The Night 30,080
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 6 hr superwilly 579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 hr Eagle 12 258,469
More from around the web