Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11176 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3521 Oct 15, 2012
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard P. Feyman.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3522 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
I find it funny how stupid Creationists like derek post articles about medical ethics and blame science for bad business decisions!!!
What's funnier is how atheists have blind religious faith in fraudulent scientists and are willing to go to hell with them, lol.

Location hidden

#3523 Oct 15, 2012
FIXED.

Location hidden

#3524 Oct 15, 2012
"Scientific views end in awe and mystery, lost at the edge in uncertainty, but they appear to be so deep and so impressive that the theory that it is all arranged as a stage for God to watch man's struggle for good and evil seems inadequate."

Richard P. Feynman

Location hidden

#3525 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard P. Feyman.
That's a great point. And that's why so many scientists have given us bad answers. They were fraudulent with their research and they were WRONG, lol.

Location hidden

#3526 Oct 15, 2012
"I am quite conscious that my speculations run quite beyond the bounds of true science."
Charles Darwin

"speculations" - LMAO

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#3527 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do that was heroic – became an atheist, lol? Wow, how much effort did that take?
Satan will reward your heroism, and God will allow you to go to the hell you have chosen for yourself. You will also be held accountable to God for the lost souls of your kids.
I am a good father to my kids. That's why I am a hero to them. It doesn't surprise me that you don't get that. You probably think your father is a worthless dick, right?

As for the satan/ boogie-man story.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Grow up little boy. Your silly myth may keep you shaking in your little cowboy boots, and keep you from asking questions that your silly religion can't answer, but I am way past that childish stupidity.

Fogelsville, PA

#3528 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You also asked me for the link to the place, even though it was in my first post, which clearly shows you can't remember anything, so eating there previously won't help you.
Better print that map and take it along.
We don't want to lose you – what would we do for laughs?
Oh, wait - we still have Khatru, lmao.
Assumptions on your part show your ignorance. Not that we needed any more examples, you have given plenty thus far, and I expect more to come.

Fogelsville, PA

#3530 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
“Restaurant Owner Fights Atheists Over Dinner Discount for Church Bulletins “
[An example of atheists trying to dictate their beliefs]
“It has been a Sunday tradition for many years at restaurants all over America: Bring in a church bulletin and get a discount on Sunday dinner. But a restaurant in Columbia, Pennsylvania, is now under investigation by the Pennsylvania Human Rights Commission after a self-identified atheist filed a charge of discrimination against it over its church discount.
Pennsylvania's Lancaster Journal reported that John Wolff, a retired electrical engineer as well as a member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), filed the charge against Columbia's Lost Cajun Kitchen (pictured), which offers a 10-percent discount to patrons who bring in a Sunday church bulletin.
continued:
The attorney, Rebecca Markert, insisted that the discount, offered by thousands of restaurants across the nation for years,“violates the federal Civil Rights Act in addition to provisions of state civil rights statutes.” Markert quoted the Civil Rights Act as mandating that “all persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation … without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.” Commented the attorney:“As a place of 'public accommodation,' it is illegal for Lost Cajun Kitchen to discriminate, or show favoritism, on the basis of religion."
continued:
“Fox reported that Prudhomme “wondered if their other discounts might be considered discriminatory — like the one on Tuesday night — where kids under 12 get to eat free. Or what about the senior discount?'Could someone under 65 complain?' she asked.”
Prudhomme told the Lancaster Journal that, as it stands now, she and her husband are not likely to back down, and, in fact, have availed themselves of legal counsel to fight the discrimination charge.“We have people who say we should do everything they want, and bend over backwards,” she said, but added that “I'm an American. This is an independent restaurant. I can do as I wish and I'm going to continue to offer the church-bulletin discount.”
According to the York Daily Record, a local newspaper, the Prudhommes' willingness to stand up to the type of intrusion the FFRF and its agent are attempting has actually paid off in increased business for the Lost Cajun Kitchen.“It definitely has picked up,” Sharon Prudhomme said.
continued:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/124...
“Prudhomme 'wondered if their other discounts might be considered discriminatory — like the one on Tuesday night — where kids under 12 get to eat free. Or what about the senior discount?'Could someone under 65 complain?' she asked.”
[Funny, they noticed increased business, lol.]
That's one of your more interesting articles. Discrimination is always a bad thing. I will be interested on how this turns out.

Fogelsville, PA

#3531 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funnier is how atheists have blind religious faith in fraudulent scientists and are willing to go to hell with them, lol.
And what is funniest of all is how some poor, little theist tries to divert attention away from his lack of proof for his childish myth, by trying to discredit science. And than tries in vain to tie science to atheism. LMAO!!!

Poor Derelict, his stinks of desperation. But keep plugging away, we can always use the laugh!

Fogelsville, PA

#3532 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
"I am quite conscious that my speculations run quite beyond the bounds of true science."
Charles Darwin
"speculations" - LMAO
Fourtunately, those speculations have been proven to be true, and are now routinely taught to all children in public schools!! Doesn't that just piss you off to no end!! And there isn't a damn thing a little nobody like you can ever do about it! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3533 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your complaint seems to be with Michael Newdow, lol.
Send him an email and let him know you don't like him.
I'm sure he will be crushed.
Hey, Hedonist - your little friend and fellow religionist doesn't know who Michael Newdow is - is that the kind of people you hang out with?
Why would I bother, I know nothing of him. That you have posted his name is in no way significant to me. It is you who attempting to bottle me with your own brand of sleaze. I don't fit there at all.
I see you as someone who would walk into a room of people, pass out small spray bottles, and tell everyone to spray it on their face. That they will like it, and some of them, do just that. There is some people who says "What is it?", to which you say, "try it you will like it". And more spray their faces, still some don't and you try cajoling them into trying it. They ask again "what is it".

After awhile, no one else is going to spray themselves, and the ones that did are all waiting for whatever, and then you tell them, "The bottle contains flesh eating bacteria, and I can tell you how to keep it from eating your face".

Do you think you can now get these people who have sprayed their faces, to do whatever you say?
You are Christainity and I do not spray my face

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3535 Oct 15, 2012
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!'(I found it!) but 'That's funny...'" ~ Isaac Asimov

Location hidden

#3537 Oct 15, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I bother, I know nothing of him. That you have posted his name is in no way significant to me. It is you who attempting to bottle me with your own brand of sleaze. I don't fit there at all.
I see you as someone who would walk into a room of people, pass out small spray bottles, and tell everyone to spray it on their face. That they will like it, and some of them, do just that. There is some people who says "What is it?", to which you say, "try it you will like it". And more spray their faces, still some don't and you try cajoling them into trying it. They ask again "what is it".
After awhile, no one else is going to spray themselves, and the ones that did are all waiting for whatever, and then you tell them, "The bottle contains flesh eating bacteria, and I can tell you how to keep it from eating your face".
Do you think you can now get these people who have sprayed their faces, to do whatever you say?
You are Christainity and I do not spray my face
That was truly hilarious.

Only you could provide us with such a perfect example of how stupid you are.

[Lawdy!]

How embarrassing it must be for you.

But, thank you for entertaining us today.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

pssssssttttt........

Location hidden

#3538 Oct 15, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you for you posts
Hold down the fort. You make some very good points – unfortunately they are often lost on the faithful atheists, lol.
KJV

United States

#3539 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Where he comes from the men are men and the sheep are scared! Lol!
What is it about atheist that they can't come up with anything new?

That was like 45 years old.

Location hidden

#3540 Oct 15, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumptions on your part show your ignorance. Not that we needed any more examples, you have given plenty thus far, and I expect more to come.
There were no assumptions. You failed to see the link and asked for it again. Same old you as ever. You don't read the material, then you reply. If at any time you want to ignore my posts, that's fine, but if you choose to reply, please read what you are relying to, or don't bother. Things always work better in forums when it's done that way, lol.

Location hidden

#3542 Oct 15, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a good father to my kids. That's why I am a hero to them. It doesn't surprise me that you don't get that. You probably think your father is a worthless dick, right?
As for the satan/ boogie-man story.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Grow up little boy. Your silly myth may keep you shaking in your little cowboy boots, and keep you from asking questions that your silly religion can't answer, but I am way past that childish stupidity.
You may clothe and feed your children and entertain them, but no, you're not a good father to them because you turned them away from God, and they will go to hell with you.

And you know this because you already said you weren't always an atheist, which means you left God, and will suffer the consequences of your choice.

You'll find out how big a hero you are to them down there in hell -
And your place in hell will be hotter than most, since the souls of your children will be lost because of your false atheistic religion.
KJV

United States

#3543 Oct 15, 2012
Rocky Priapus wrote:
So how many of you atheists out there feel about those animal crush videos by 'Pit Boss' Stevens of Pittsville, VA being ruled as free speech by the U.S. Supreme Court!?
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21...

"Mr. Stevens’ attorneys describe one film called “Catch Dogs and Country Living” as documenting “the use of pit bulls to help catch prey during hunting expeditions, as well as the training of dogs for such hunting purposes.”

Sick humans.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3544 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a leading example of imperfection, yet God gives you the same opportunity to go to heaven as anyone else. That shows God's greatness, not his imperfection. This is something you fail to comprehend, lol.
Considering what it is claimed to be, why would you think heaven holds any appeal, for us?

Will the people who worshipped your god during biblical times, be in heaven? I'd think that any men who'd raped 3 year old girsl, are not worthy to sit by my side, anywhere. You may have less scruples than that though.

Maybe you and they, can sit at the veiwing window into hell and watch that toddler pay for her sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 min Eagle 12 - 1,368
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min 15th Dalai Lama 78,569
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,430
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web