Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3479 Oct 15, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a bit up tight?
God is real.
Here's a real world myth: The serpent was right say something intelligent.
LOL
Your god is no more real than the Great Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines.

Nottingham, UK

#3480 Oct 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your god first, then we can talk about the rest of the nonsense associated with it. As far as you have asserted, Zeus is real, Cthulhu is real, even Xenu.
He won't be able to do that.

Christians proclaim their god is real but not once in nearly 2000 years have any of them been able to prove it.

No wonder Islam started - they got fed up waiting for the no-show god.

Nottingham, UK

#3481 Oct 15, 2012
Try googling "Atheist hate groups"

I just did and I got 2,270 results.

Now try googling "Christian hate groups"

I got 39,600 results

Just goes to show how much hatred there is in the myth of Christianity.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#3482 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very gracious, lmao. Such an endearing person. I know your kiddos have seen much value in their atheist daddio, lol.
"You are very gracious"

I am to those that deserve it.:)

I am a hero to my kids.

Orefield, PA

#3483 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your very original and enlightening post. I have never heard it put quite that way before. You sure know how to think up some convincing arguments!!!
Send it in to your church headquarters for review, lol.
Tell them about pink unicorns too - they might not have heard that one yet.
Yeah, I'm a regular wordsmith.

Orefield, PA

#3484 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I doubt they are having an atheist meeting?" - Well, duh, call them up.
See, you want me to answer your questions, then you don't trust me. Have I ever told you anything that wasn't true?
Here's you a map in case you get lost going the 13.1 miles from "Orefield" to "Center Valley", lol
http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Orefield%2C+PA&...
I cannot believe I am posting this.
Yuck.
Maybe I'll stop by.

Get lost? I already told you that I have eaten there, DUH!

I'm starting to think that you might have the flu.

Orefield, PA

#3485 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding!
I did post the source.
http://www.meetup.com/Lehigh-Valley-Humanists...
I'd love to meet you there, but I'm too busy looking up fraudulent scientists.
Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll join!
Next time though, try to be a bit more observant. It says on the page that there are no more spots left!! You went and got me all excited for nothing!!

But in case you want to see what's going on in your back yard..... http://www.thinkatheist.com/group/dallastexas...

Maybe you can go on down there and set them straight. LOL!!! I guess Dallas is a little more liberal than you thought!

Orefield, PA

#3486 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor Serpy – always searching for proof.
Your atheist faith has failed you because you know your worthless evidence in science is fraudulent, yet you can't accept God because you haven't seen him when you're out working in your yard.
You are truly a tormented soul.
Poor Derelict, I have no "atheist faith". I don't believe in bigfoot either, but I don't have "faith" that he doesn't exist. The part you don't get, is that it wasn't atheist faith that failed me, it was christian faith that failed me. Just like you, I require some kind of proof to believe wild tales. The difference between us is that in the case of god, you suspended that requirement. I bet you can't even explain why that is.

As for science, I have explained before that I don't have blind faith in science, but, I have proof that science has accomplished many great things. I felt that way when I was a believer too, so it is unrelated to my atheism. Remember, there is no requirement that an atheist even be aware of science. It is simply a lack of belief in god. Why you can't understand that is a mystery.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3487 Oct 15, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
How can your god be perfect when he created imperfect beings?
That's not perfect, that's imperfect.
You're a leading example of imperfection, yet God gives you the same opportunity to go to heaven as anyone else. That shows God's greatness, not his imperfection. This is something you fail to comprehend, lol.

Location hidden

#3488 Oct 15, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is no more real than the Great Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines.
It's interesting that you should mention the “Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines”, which has certain roots in fraudulent science. I think it was your science god who evolved from them, lmao.

Location hidden

#3489 Oct 15, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a hero to my kids.
What did you do that was heroic – became an atheist, lol? Wow, how much effort did that take?

Satan will reward your heroism, and God will allow you to go to the hell you have chosen for yourself. You will also be held accountable to God for the lost souls of your kids.

Location hidden

#3490 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll stop by.
Get lost? I already told you that I have eaten there, DUH!
So? You also asked me for the link to the place, even though it was in my first post, which clearly shows you can't remember anything, so eating there previously won't help you.

Better print that map and take it along.

We don't want to lose you – what would we do for laughs?

Oh, wait - we still have Khatru, lmao.

Location hidden

#3491 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Poor Derelict, I have no "atheist faith". I don't believe in bigfoot either, but I don't have "faith" that he doesn't exist. The part you don't get, is that it wasn't atheist faith that failed me, it was christian faith that failed me. Just like you, I require some kind of proof to believe wild tales. The difference between us is that in the case of god, you suspended that requirement. I bet you can't even explain why that is.
As for science, I have explained before that I don't have blind faith in science, but, I have proof that science has accomplished many great things. I felt that way when I was a believer too, so it is unrelated to my atheism. Remember, there is no requirement that an atheist even be aware of science. It is simply a lack of belief in god. Why you can't understand that is a mystery.
Blah, blah, blah.......just keep pretending there is no fraud in science.

Some night when you are sitting out under the moon, meditate, and ask your self - if there is so much science fraud now, with all these wonderful “peer review” systems in place – how much MORE fraud there was when Darwin was at work with Haeckel.

You just keep trying to convince yourself of your faith in science, lol.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3492 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a leading example of imperfection, yet God gives you the same opportunity to go to heaven as anyone else. That shows God's greatness, not his imperfection. This is something you fail to comprehend, lol.
There's no such thing as god, and wishing it to be real doesn't make it real no matter how hard you try.

We pity you idiots who delude yourselves and expect us intelligent people to stoop down to your ignorant and dishonest level and "play pretend" with you.

Grow the f*ck up you liar.

Location hidden

#3493 Oct 15, 2012
“Restaurant Owner Fights Atheists Over Dinner Discount for Church Bulletins “

[An example of atheists trying to dictate their beliefs]

“It has been a Sunday tradition for many years at restaurants all over America: Bring in a church bulletin and get a discount on Sunday dinner. But a restaurant in Columbia, Pennsylvania, is now under investigation by the Pennsylvania Human Rights Commission after a self-identified atheist filed a charge of discrimination against it over its church discount.

Pennsylvania's Lancaster Journal reported that John Wolff, a retired electrical engineer as well as a member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), filed the charge against Columbia's Lost Cajun Kitchen (pictured), which offers a 10-percent discount to patrons who bring in a Sunday church bulletin.

continued:

The attorney, Rebecca Markert, insisted that the discount, offered by thousands of restaurants across the nation for years,“violates the federal Civil Rights Act in addition to provisions of state civil rights statutes.” Markert quoted the Civil Rights Act as mandating that “all persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation … without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.” Commented the attorney:“As a place of 'public accommodation,' it is illegal for Lost Cajun Kitchen to discriminate, or show favoritism, on the basis of religion."

continued:

“Fox reported that Prudhomme “wondered if their other discounts might be considered discriminatory — like the one on Tuesday night — where kids under 12 get to eat free. Or what about the senior discount?'Could someone under 65 complain?' she asked.”

Prudhomme told the Lancaster Journal that, as it stands now, she and her husband are not likely to back down, and, in fact, have availed themselves of legal counsel to fight the discrimination charge.“We have people who say we should do everything they want, and bend over backwards,” she said, but added that “I'm an American. This is an independent restaurant. I can do as I wish and I'm going to continue to offer the church-bulletin discount.”

According to the York Daily Record, a local newspaper, the Prudhommes' willingness to stand up to the type of intrusion the FFRF and its agent are attempting has actually paid off in increased business for the Lost Cajun Kitchen.“It definitely has picked up,” Sharon Prudhomme said.

continued:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/124...
“Prudhomme 'wondered if their other discounts might be considered discriminatory — like the one on Tuesday night — where kids under 12 get to eat free. Or what about the senior discount?'Could someone under 65 complain?' she asked.”

[Funny, they noticed increased business, lol.]

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3494 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you is a pickin up the lingo, sista, lol.
That sermon from Rastus was sho 'nuff good stuff wasn't it?
Yes, Lawdy!
Let's post it again fo you an all yo brothas and sistas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JCgBzYekNTAXX
Not at all, for myself it is cultural. I am an East Texas Southerner, and not racist, even among my own people.

Location hidden

#3495 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you should mention the “Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines”, which has certain roots in fraudulent science. I think it was your science god who evolved from them, lmao.
Every time you post a message on this website you are proving scientific concepts that sh*t on your silly made up pantomime you call a religion, I mean Creationism.

Location hidden

#3496 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You also asked me for the link to the place, even though it was in my first post, which clearly shows you can't remember anything, so eating there previously won't help you.
Better print that map and take it along.
We don't want to lose you – what would we do for laughs?
Oh, wait - we still have Khatru, lmao.
prove your god of f*ck off its been that simple since the dawn of tie itself.

You guys are a dying breed of nutcases.

Location hidden

#3497 Oct 15, 2012
“With the First Church of Atheism you can become ordained quickly, easily, and at no cost.”

“As a legally ordained minister, you will be able to perform weddings, funerals, commitment ceremonies, and other functions that are reserved for members of clergy.”

Also you can order your marriage certificates from the church at this page:
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/shop/pack-mar...

[Maybe they should print some church bulletins, so their members can get restaurant discounts, lol.]

Location hidden

#3498 Oct 15, 2012
Thanks to whomever is judging my posts with negative marks as soon as they appear on the board.

I appreciate it.

As long as I know atheists are giving me bad grades, I know I'm on the right track.

It is most flattering to me when atheists hate my comments.

LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 228,578
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 min Mikko 1,009
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr _Bad Company 705
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 13 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 14 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 14 hr Patrick 152

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE