Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3439 Oct 15, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your unrequired permission.
No problem. I might let you do some more things, if you are nice. But ask politely.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#3440 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are criticizing Khatru's questions?
Wow, you're not even nice to your own coharts; LMAO
I'm telling you, it sounds to me like you have the flu – you're just not yourself lately.
Maybe you can call your local atheist church and request prayer.
I know that "criticize" is a big word to 'youall', but you should learn what it means before you try to use it.

Hey, how's that search for proof of your invisible god going? Did you try fantasyland? Oh, that's right, you LIVE in fantasyland, you would have seen him if he was there! Maybe he busy talking to Harry Potter, and Paul Bunyon right now, and that's why you can't find him!!! Gee, too bad for you. If you had ANY real proof that your god is anything more than a childish fairy tale, you wouldn't have to work so hard trying to invent new, silly, unrealistic, definitions for us mean old atheists. LOL!!

Location hidden

#3441 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
As I stated very clearly, I don't worship anything.
Then you're a disappointment to your atheist brothers and sisters in the faith.

Location hidden

#3442 Oct 15, 2012
What do Atheists Worship?

[Found in the middle of page 2 in the link provided:]

“What is striking to me is that the atheist insists that he worships nothing, and yet expresses the ultimate worth of doing good because it is the right thing to do. That is his worship.”
http://www.google.com/url...

“Thoughts on constant worship”

David Foster Wallace

In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And an outstanding reason for choosing some sort of God or spiritual-type thing to worship — be it J.C. or Allah, be it Yahweh or the Wiccan mother-goddess or the Four Noble Truths or some infrangible set of ethical principles — is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive. If you worship money and things — if they are where you tap real meaning in life — then you will never have enough. Never feel you have enough. It’s the truth. Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you.
http://machines.pomona.edu/166-2009/2009/03/3...

[Noteworthy:“In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism.”]

Location hidden

#3443 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I know that "criticize" is a big word to 'youall', but you should learn what it means before you try to use it.
Hey, how's that search for proof of your invisible god going? Did you try fantasyland? Oh, that's right, you LIVE in fantasyland, you would have seen him if he was there! Maybe he busy talking to Harry Potter, and Paul Bunyon right now, and that's why you can't find him!!! Gee, too bad for you. If you had ANY real proof that your god is anything more than a childish fairy tale, you wouldn't have to work so hard trying to invent new, silly, unrealistic, definitions for us mean old atheists. LOL!!
Serpy, is your flu better?

I think Khatru is still mad at you for criticizing her question about Noah. I'll ask her to pray for you.

Location hidden

#3444 Oct 15, 2012
I am re-posting the following information for the benefit of you atheists who may have missed out on your church attendance Sunday, so you will have the information handy - you will have another chance to attend next Sunday, October 21st:

“First Church of Atheism”:

“With the First Church of Atheism you can become ordained quickly, easily, and at no cost.”

“As a legally ordained minister, you will be able to perform weddings, funerals, commitment ceremonies, and other functions that are reserved for members of clergy.”

“Get Ordained”

“Since its inception, the First Church of Atheism has amassed quite a following around the world. FCA ministers come from all walks of life. They are every race, ethnicity, age, and creed. The one thing binding every FCA minister is his or her belief in science, reason, and reality.”

“The First Church of Atheism wants you to pursue and cherish your realistic beliefs without interference from any outside agency, including government or church authority. We provide our service for free, as we believe it is every atheists right to perform these clergy functions.

You may become a legally ordained minister for life, without cost, and without question.

Donations are accepted but not expected. If we can raise enough money we can buy an actual church! Even a donation of $1 helps.”

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

[Don't forget to apply for your ordination, lol.]

Orefield, PA

#3445 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how the citizens of “Orefield” take to atheists and I'll probably never find out, since “Orefield” is one of the last places on earth I would ever choose to visit. I cannot imagine anything worthwhile being there. That's probably why you chose it as your residence.
But I can tell you this, you'd be wise to stay away from my community – the people living in my neighborhood have no use for atheists, lol. Unfortunately for the likes of you, I know of a couple of faithful atheists that had their faces reworked.
And don't ever be surprised what your kiddos will do.
Lots of kiddos “go astray”- and we already know from the news that 70% leave atheist homes to become Christians. When yours leave your faith, you are going to be so disappointed. But don't worry, you will still have your own faith, and it will carry you through the loss.
Oh well, maybe after they convert, they'll invite you over for Thanksgiving and Christmas to their homes for a great dinner.
Now, some atheist kiddos might do the dinners on those occasions anyway, but how sad and alone they must feel when they are thankful for nothing, and Christmas is just another day. Meaningless Christmases give a whole new meaning to "scrooge", lmao
You wouldn't be noticed in Orefield. You simply have nothing to offer.
As for Dallas, I have been there. I wasn't impressed. I do bussiness there, so your money is as good as anywhere else, but that's all I can say for it. I noticed an amazing lack of educated people, which explains why you are there. As for atheists "getting their faces reworked", LOL!! That isn't something I worry about. I have had a few parents get pissed about their kids hearing the atheist thing from me, but that's as far as it ever went. LOL!! Enough said there.

As for my kids converting... Anything is possible, but it is extremely unlikely. They have a good education, so I don't see them falling for the whole "mythology is real thing". They view all religion as mythology, and can back that up. I don't know if you have kids, but remeber, when they become atheist, as the trend continues, you should love them all the same, and not beat the fear of god onto them. That's child abuse, even in most of Texas. I have noted your propensity for violence(only as part of a mob), so I though I should mention that.

Location hidden

#3446 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be noticed in Orefield. You simply have nothing to offer.
As for Dallas, I have been there. I wasn't impressed. I do bussiness there, so your money is as good as anywhere else, but that's all I can say for it. I noticed an amazing lack of educated people, which explains why you are there. As for atheists "getting their faces reworked", LOL!! That isn't something I worry about. I have had a few parents get pissed about their kids hearing the atheist thing from me, but that's as far as it ever went. LOL!! Enough said there.
As for my kids converting... Anything is possible, but it is extremely unlikely. They have a good education, so I don't see them falling for the whole "mythology is real thing". They view all religion as mythology, and can back that up. I don't know if you have kids, but remeber, when they become atheist, as the trend continues, you should love them all the same, and not beat the fear of god onto them. That's child abuse, even in most of Texas. I have noted your propensity for violence(only as part of a mob), so I though I should mention that.
Gee, that was all very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

And you keep HOLDING ON to that faith you have in your kiddos.

Your faith will carry you through your difficult times.

Orefield, PA

#3447 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Hey, Serpy - here's a place you can go this Friday, 10/19 – have fun:
15 of your atheist brothers and sisters are attending. Wow, what an impressive group! FIFTEEN?- gosh, sounds like the atheists are taking over America........
“Drinking Skeptically”
Friday, October 19, 2012, 7:00 PM
Only 312 miles from “Orefield”– start early.
Kim's Kitchen, 5842 Main Street, Center Valley, PA
Look at these delights on the menu:
Vegetable Dumplings
Shrimp, Spinach, and Egg Pancakes
Lo Mein Noodles
Vegetable rice
Spicy Chicken and Beef
Dessert (Brownie's with Strawberries)
http://www.meetup.com/Lehigh-Valley-Humanists...
[Better hold off on that dessert – you have to watch your school girl figure, lol.]
Derelict,
I am embarrassed for you. I don't know why you think that it is (add verb here) that you post about Orefield, but you should at least do it with a computer that was made outside of the lone IQ state. The one you are using is terribly inaccurate(I never thought computers reflected their owners, but obviously yours does) Kim's Kitchen is about 20 miles from here, not 312 miles, and the food is good.

Any luck finding in-viso-god yet? Maybe he's at Kim's have some bread and wine with that group of men he hangs with. Oh, that's right, they don't serve imaginary friends there. Oh well, keep looking. LMAO!!!

Orefield, PA

#3448 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it. You stay confused - we're used to it by now.
It happens sometimes. I don't worry about it though. If I get so confused that I believe in a fairytale like your misplaced god that you just can't seem to find proof of, than I'll worry.

Any luck finding that slippery little god of yours? No? Hmmm, Have you tried the bathroom? Do they have those in backwards ole Texas yet? Well anyhow, maybe he's taking a big dump for the last 2000 years or so, which would explain why no one has actually provided any proof that he's real!!

Orefield, PA

#3449 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha. Loved it.....LOL.
They don't play cowboys and indians much in Texas these days. You're always behind the times.
I guess you don't get out much in "Orefield".
They don't?
That must be why everyone laughs at you when you waddle down the sidewalk in your cute little cowboy outfit.

I do get out of Orefield for business, but I'm alway happy to come back home. It's very quiet here, and that's the way I like it.

Orefield, PA

#3450 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read the material, you wouldn't have to ask questions. Do you rely on me to advise you, help you, educate you, and answer all your questions for you?
I mean - I know you need help, but sorry, I can't baby sit you - take charge of your life and learn things, lol.
Still no answer.
The fact is, that I know your silly little book better than you do, and you got caught bullshitting again. Be a man and just admit it. There is no shame in that. I mean heck, you have already admitted that you believe in a myth, so it can't get much worse than that!! LMAO!!

Don't worry, everyone here is used to you talking out of your butt. It's what you do.

Orefield, PA

#3451 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I might let you do some more things, if you are nice. But ask politely.
LOL!! I am sure you imagine you have all kinds authority. It is what children do. Do you watch South Park? I see you as Cartman yelling "Respect my authoriti". LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#3452 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Derelict,
I am embarrassed for you. I don't know why you think that it is (add verb here) that you post about Orefield, but you should at least do it with a computer that was made outside of the lone IQ state. The one you are using is terribly inaccurate(I never thought computers reflected their owners, but obviously yours does) Kim's Kitchen is about 20 miles from here, not 312 miles, and the food is good.
Any luck finding in-viso-god yet? Maybe he's at Kim's have some bread and wine with that group of men he hangs with. Oh, that's right, they don't serve imaginary friends there. Oh well, keep looking. LMAO!!!
I used Yahoo maps.

Would you do me a favor and let Yahoo know they are out of date? Thanks, I appreciate your help, as I know I can rely on you.

So it's only 20 miles?

Well, great, that's just "down the road a piece" from your lovely home in Orefield - that will be convenient for you, lol!

Be sure to make reservations because they already have a large crowd of 15, and there might not be enough room if you don't call ahead!

Take your atheist bible and science books.

Oh, yes, and try to just listen and not say too much - you don't want to show off your ignorance to your brothers and sisters, lol.

Orefield, PA

#3453 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're a disappointment to your atheist brothers and sisters in the faith.
I doubt it. Now if I found some proof that god was not just a fairy tale... THAT might shake some folks up.
But you know no one is EVER going to do that.

Location hidden

#3454 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I do get out of Orefield for business, but I'm alway happy to come back home. It's very quiet here, and that's the way I like it.
I can understand your love of quiet.

You have probably discovered it's more pleasant for all those around you when you are quiet instead of fart*ng off your ignorant mouth, lol.

Orefield, PA

#3455 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Serpy, is your flu better?
I think Khatru is still mad at you for criticizing her question about Noah. I'll ask her to pray for you.
Still haven't learned the meaning of that word yet eh?

Don't y'all worry none, Khatru knows what it means, and that it doesn't apply to my comment.

Orefield, PA

#3456 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that was all very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
And you keep HOLDING ON to that faith you have in your kiddos.
Your faith will carry you through your difficult times.
I'm not worried, but thanks.

Location hidden

#3457 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Still no answer.
Bless your heart - you're still looking to me to give you the answers you've looked for and can't find, lol.

Be a man, read - get informed, and stop whining.

Location hidden

#3458 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I doubt it. Now if I found some proof that god was not just a fairy tale... THAT might shake some folks up.
But you know no one is EVER going to do that.
Serpy, just because you can't find things, don't get so down on yourself. Just hold onto your faith, and you will be fine. We are all rooting for you, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 34 min love_spell 14,447
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Morse 231,931
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr tha Professor 1,030
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Gillette 5,946
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Pahu 1,422
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE