Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3398 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Not to mention the doctor is a lifelong Christian.
<quoted text>
It's rather fascinating that no matter how much research has been done into NDEs, all showing that they can be reproduced only in the mind of a doubter or believer, absolute atheists cannot experience the same thing at all, simply by self suffocation, yet the believers will simply not listen to reason. It boggles my mind how people can be so willfully ignorant about the world around them, then try to push their ignorance onto others.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3399 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
According your atheist religion, God doesn't exist, and you don't believe there was a flood, right? So, I ask you, did the children die horrible deaths, or not?
Atheism is a lack of belief, not a religion like your failed Creationism cr*p you ignorant failed liar.

Since: Mar 11

Hurst, TX

#3400 Oct 15, 2012
Interesting that with nde Protestants never see mother Mary, Catholics don't see Allah, Jews and Muslims don't see Jesus. Lol
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather fascinating that no matter how much research has been done into NDEs, all showing that they can be reproduced only in the mind of a doubter or believer, absolute atheists cannot experience the same thing at all, simply by self suffocation, yet the believers will simply not listen to reason. It boggles my mind how people can be so willfully ignorant about the world around them, then try to push their ignorance onto others.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3401 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
According your atheist religion, God doesn't exist, and you don't believe there was a flood, right? So, I ask you, did the children die horrible deaths, or not?
So sad, you're lack of faith. Why can't you answer a simple question...do the answers make you uncomfortable about the foundations of your religion?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3402 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but there is atheist faith.
There are also atheist churches, atheist prayers, and an atheist bible.
The facts are all in posts I've placed on the board.
You need to familiarize yourself with your religion.
I have no religion.

How sad that your faith in your religion is so weak that you must assign imaginary religions to others.

Sadder still that you can't even be clever about it...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3403 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sing a hymn to the moon, and pray to your atheist brethren that they will forgive you for blaspheming Michael Newdow. Lol.
Sing a hymn (theist) to the moon, and pray(theist) to your atheist brethren(theist) that they will forgive you for blaspheming( theist)Michael Newdow. Lol.

My, my you just can't even begin to imagine that some one may not be like you. Seriously theist, invest in a mirror.

I have no theism, and that I don't, doesn't hinge on any other persons actions.
You are not a kangaroo, so how much support do you need with that, to continue not being a kangaroo?

Earth,TX

#3404 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The list of atheist names includes Michael Newdow, your hero, lol.
I think someone already gave you the rest of the list:
How's this?
KittenKoder
The serpent was right
Hedonist
Reason Personified
Kong
Just Think
Khatru
Givemeliberty
NightSerf
Aerobatty
The laughing atheist
Double Fine
The Dude
Skippy
MikeF
Madscot
MrDesoto1
scaritual
It aint necessarily so
[but you'll probably notice, we've lost a few of the “faithful” atheists along the way, lmao]
How funny that you assign your value system to someone then designate him as my hero for having it. Put down the mirror, theist. All you can see is you.

The DI creationist needs the actual names of atheist, not the online monikers. As I said how can those faux name be used, think, think, think. It's really not that hard to do.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3405 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Interesting that with nde Protestants never see mother Mary, Catholics don't see Allah, Jews and Muslims don't see Jesus. Lol
<quoted text>
That should be the red flag everyone needs to see that NDEs are just hallucinations brought on by the suffocation of the brain. I mean, if everyone saw the exact same thing, then maybe, just maybe, there'd be something to it, but that's never been the case, it's always culturally relevant.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3406 Oct 15, 2012
Alright, now I have to Google Michael Newdow? Is it a new dance or iPhone app?

Earth,TX

#3407 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you studied your Bible, you would know the answer to your questions. They aren't new questions.
The short answer is that the innocent children who were too young to be held accountable for disbelief, or lack of knowledge, will be in heaven, therefore better off than they were on earth.
Their godless parents, who knew to accept God, but refused, will be in hell, due to their own choice - just as you will be if you reject God.
The choice is all yours.
So all that terror, sputtering choking, gasping for air, writhing in hopeless agony, was basically for your god's own pleasure? He always has been a self loathing POS, who hates that which he made in his own image. I'll bet he touches himself when people die in agony.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3408 Oct 15, 2012
Heh ... even TheCurmudgen gets it, and he's a redneck!

Nice "doctor" this neurosurgeon is. The next Ron Hubbard! Milking it for money is all.

Earth,TX

#3409 Oct 15, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you studied your Bible, you would know the answer to your questions. They aren't new questions.
The short answer is that the innocent children who were too young to be held accountable for disbelief, or lack of knowledge, will be in heaven, therefore better off than they were on earth.
Their godless parents, who knew to accept God, but refused, will be in hell, due to their own choice - just as you will be if you reject God.
The choice is all yours.
You do get that Hindu and Thugee children, would want no part of the god who would make their parents eat them don't you?

Weird set of rules your god has, any and every religitard, no matter how much he obeys the buy bulls commands, may be barred at the door to heaven, by any one of his ancestors for the previous nine generations actions. The bastard sinks the entire family. That means, births less than nine months from the I do's, miscarriages before the I do's, conceptions before the I do's, any daddy who really isn't the daddy, any left behind dribbles, which became little people, all will send you Hades.

So now you say that the children of godless parents, will join Jehovah in heaven, and the buy bull says that the children of god filled parents will burn in hell? Well, you folks is real special, but if you don't mind, we won't be hanging out with you, cause the choice is all ours. Ha, ha!

Earth,TX

#3410 Oct 15, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you're not a big reader?
Nor is he law enforcement, an educator, medical personnel, a first responder, nor in any way a part of the solution, to this growing menace to humanity.

Earth,TX

#3411 Oct 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
I didn't because ........ I don't care who he is. He is irrelevant.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3413 Oct 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Naahhhh, Kitten - you don't have to do anything – we don't want you to strain yourself.

Just be the lovely lame brain you always have, and you'll do fine, lmao.

“Michael Arthur Newdow (born June 24, 1953) is an American attorney and emergency medicine physician. He is best known for his efforts to have recitations of the current version of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools in the United States declared unconstitutional because of its inclusion of the phrase "under God". He also filed and lost a lawsuit to stop the invocation prayer at President Bush's second inauguration and, most recently, he filed a lawsuit to prevent references to God and religion from being part of President Obama's inauguration.”

Newdow is an atheist and an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Newdow

Location hidden

#3414 Oct 15, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you folks is real special...
I see you is a pickin up the lingo, sista, lol.

That sermon from Rastus was sho 'nuff good stuff wasn't it?

Yes, Lawdy!

Let's post it again fo you an all yo brothas and sistas:

Location hidden

#3415 Oct 15, 2012
Hey, Serpy - here's a place you can go this Friday, 10/19 – have fun:

15 of your atheist brothers and sisters are attending. Wow, what an impressive group! FIFTEEN?- gosh, sounds like the atheists are taking over America........

“Drinking Skeptically”

Friday, October 19, 2012, 7:00 PM

Only 312 miles from “Orefield”– start early.

Kim's Kitchen, 5842 Main Street, Center Valley, PA

Look at these delights on the menu:

Vegetable Dumplings
Shrimp, Spinach, and Egg Pancakes
Lo Mein Noodles
Vegetable rice
Spicy Chicken and Beef
Dessert (Brownie's with Strawberries)
http://www.meetup.com/Lehigh-Valley-Humanists...

[Better hold off on that dessert – you have to watch your school girl figure, lol.]

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3416 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>I didn't because ........ I don't care who he is. He is irrelevant.
I concur, irrelevant. I saw the headlines and went "meh."

Location hidden

#3417 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>I didn't because ........ I don't care who he is. He is irrelevant.
I know you don't care, lol.

You only know who your science god is: Charles Darwin.

Location hidden

#3418 Oct 15, 2012

“Why Atheists Celebrate Christmas”

found within the text:

“... the line between believing and not believing in God is not always bright. For example, in research released in June 2011 in the journal Sociology of Religion,[Elaine Howard] Ecklund and her colleagues found that about 20 percent of atheist scientists are "spiritual," if not formally religious.

In the current study, the researchers chose a sample of 275 participants pulled from a larger survey of 2,198 science faculty at 21 elite U.S. research universities. Half of the original survey sample said they were religious, while the other half were not.”
http://www.livescience.com/17289-atheists-cel...

“... about 20 percent of atheist scientists are 'spiritual,' if not formally religious.”

[Gotta love those religious atheist scientists, lol.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 233,058
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Even Steven 2,607
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Morse 23,241
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 5 hr polymath257 84
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 10 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Mikko 1,452
More from around the web