Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11176 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#3326 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
I can ask him a question and get an answer.
Why is "The serpent was right" so dumb?
God: because if I would have given him brains he would have been dangerous.
See nothing to it!
Now, ask him something simple that he can't possibly answer, because you can't answer it...

Ask him what my full name is.

uh-oh, looks like I stumped your all knowing, invisible, myth. LOL!!! Happens every time!!!

Now, make up some lame excuse for your pathetic god, so we can all have a good laugh!

Fogelsville, PA

#3328 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're wrong!
Why does that not surprise me.
Nothing was broadened. He was explaining to the idiots what some of the words mean.
There are those in the world that can't grasp the meaning of the simplest words. Take you and your response for instance.
Yeah, real simpletons that don't know what the word atheist means. Take every idiot, myth worshipper so far on this thread for instance.

Fogelsville, PA

#3329 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Again can't quite grasp the meaning can you?
Lets start you back at the beginning.
See Spot run. Run Spot run.
Now what do you think that means?
Can you grasp the meaning of the following?

Your god is a silly fairy tale, and you can't prove it is real.

Now, squirm around like a little worm. LOL!!

Fogelsville, PA

#3331 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
If I have a green car the fact that it's green does not diminish if a color blind man thinks his cars is green too.
Nor does it diminish if you believe cars don't exist. I still have my car and when I look at it, it's green.
Of course the difference is that you can offer some proof that your car is real.

Too bad you can't do that with your god. It's like a child who claims they have an imaginary friend. The child can't demonstrate that the friend is anything more than pure imagination, and no matter how much the child insists that it's real, it doesn't become real. Your god is exactly the same, and you are the silly little child. So go ahead an insist that your imaginary friend is real. Until you can prove it, we will all just smile, pat you on your head, and laugh in your face.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3332 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you studied your Bible, you would know the answer to your questions. They aren't new questions.
The short answer is that the innocent children who were too young to be held accountable for disbelief, or lack of knowledge, will be in heaven, therefore better off than they were on earth.
Their godless parents, who knew to accept God, but refused, will be in hell, due to their own choice - just as you will be if you reject God.
The choice is all yours.
Did the children die horrible drowning deaths or didn't they?

Location hidden

#3334 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be sorry for me. I'm okay, lol.
Just worry about yourself, and your hands will be full.
I think it's a shame that you don't respect your fellow atheist brothers and sisters and their religious faith.
You're a traitor to them.
Like I told Khatru, I do not have enough faith to be an atheist, and what faith I do have is not in science or the myths of Darwin.
Well, there is no atheist faith (quite the opposite, of course).

Sad that your faith is so lacking that you have to make up an imaginary faith for others.

Location hidden

#3336 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're familiar with what meth does?
Is that first hand experience?
I take it you're not a big reader?

Fogelsville, PA

#3337 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are both Christians.
It would be quite a good feat sense some of the post by them came in at the same time. Oh that's right puppet boy prefers to lie then to look at facts.
LOL!!!
Yeah, no one could pull that off LOL!!!
I now suspect that you are just another sock puppet too.
Isn't it funny how all the godbots have their location hidden. Hmmmm, maybe their just all gutless cowards.

Fogelsville, PA

#3338 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
I can define God.
God is the supernatural being that will
Hold judgement over your soul.
Sure he is (pats head). Now go play in the yard with your imaginary buddy.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3340 Oct 14, 2012
"Atlanta pastor Craig Lamar Davis is facing allegations of having multiple affairs with men and women both in and outside of his congregation and not telling them that he has HIV. "

"According to one report, Davis denies that he had sexual relations with men, but welcomes the publicity associated with the allegations, which Davis believes is a good thing and a platform that he will use to start his own ministry."

" http://www.examiner.com/article/atlanta-pasto... ;

Location hidden

#3341 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Okay, sounds creepy AND like a stalker...

Fogelsville, PA

#3342 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists feel more intellectual when they try to pass themselves off as complicated. They also try to re-write dictionaries, lol. I have some past posts of my own about that.
Coming from a guy who is so simple that he thinks atheism is a religion, I find that funny.

We don't need to change meanings, we can just go to any of the other authorities and get the proper definition. Heck, I posted several definitions from previous copies of Websters that have the correct definition.

Hey, have YOU had any luck provong that your god is anything more than just another silly myth?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Case closed.

Location hidden

#3343 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this by experience?
Books, sunshine...look into it.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3344 Oct 14, 2012
"A father in Georgia claims the Bible justified the corporal punishment that caused the death of his 5-month-old son. Benjamin Edetanlen claims he disciplined his son according to the Book of Proverbs as found in the Bible. However, that discipline proved fatal."

"According to court records "The defendant (Edetanlen) stated that he disciplined the children according to the book of Proverbs in the Bible." Edetanlen said he was acting on a verse from the book of Proverbs which many interpret as “Spare the rod; Spoil the child.”

" http://www.examiner.com/article/georgia-fathe... ;

Fogelsville, PA

#3346 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
It must be painful for atheists when their own children are turning against them.
I am sure it is. Fortunately, my kids have been helping some of their friends come to atheism(with my help). If you ever have kids, we should get together. Maybe they can be enlightened before you get too far with their brainwashing. Is that why you don't list your location? Is it because you are afraid I might come to your town and turn your kids into thinking people who reject your silly myth? lmao!!

Fogelsville, PA

#3348 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound kind of under the weather today. I hope you're not getting that nasty old flu that's been going around in Orefield.
I am not aware of any flu going around here, but thanks for asking. If you ever grow a set,and put on your big boy pants, maybe you can come out from behind your mommy's skirt and post your location too, that way I can extend the same concern for you. LOL!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3350 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpeng ine/news/blogs/sideshow/heaven -real-says-neurosurgeon-claims -visited-afterlife-213527063.h tml?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.c om&.intl=US&.lang=en-U S&ugc_c=6YpoUwf12QB1wlLF2Z T6Xc94YEKtcN1HY24zMT2IVKC8zB2x rwC7b2T0oyMt7xA7sERnzx7kByo5ry FCBI0GhTHBoqJBoU.sRzAdAxNlrouT KuAoh0okMoOx8hHU3wpqhiFJXdadcK 7N9.tNzEPJG5NvFjzlzzQa5EdWFRF0 zMGunXJqtXGRIdD7QUpynnAAOPdVjp CFdnwPyfYZ_GBYl5us918OX4ujAWYV fNtsMpQ6uBQ0TU5YtB038HE5EoY- &bcnv_s=e&ugc_scnv=1 &ll=5
"Heaven is real, says neurosurgeon who claims to have visited the afterlife
The Sideshow - Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Dr. Eben Alexander has taught at Harvard Medical School and has earned a strong reputation as a neurosurgeon. And while Alexander says he's long called himself a Christian, he never held deeply religious beliefs or a pronounced faith in the afterlife.
But after a week in a coma during the fall of 2008, during which his neocortex ceased to function, Alexander claims he experienced a life-changing visit to the afterlife, specifically heaven.
"According to current medical understanding of the brain and mind, there is absolutely no way that I could have experienced even a dim and limited consciousness during my time in the coma, much less the hyper-vivid and completely coherent odyssey I underwent," Alexander writes in the cover story of this week's edition of Newsweek."
Lack of oxygen to the brain, a result of dying, can cause mental instability. This is not news.

Fogelsville, PA

#3351 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of you worrying about the God I believe in, you need to worry about that suspicious “science god” you worship, lol. He's been found guilty of fraud and misconduct. LMAO
I don't worship anything, That's just you using that overworked imagination of yours, and trying to put me in the same needy class as you are in.

I am not worried about the myth you claim to worship, I'm just wondering if you have had any luck proving that it is real. I see you haven't. I'll give you some help.... It's because it's just a silly little fairy tale. LMAO!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3353 Oct 14, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a bit up tight?
God is real.
Here's a real world myth: The serpent was right say something intelligent.
LOL
Prove your god first, then we can talk about the rest of the nonsense associated with it. As far as you have asserted, Zeus is real, Cthulhu is real, even Xenu.

Fogelsville, PA

#3354 Oct 14, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted from an “apologist website”?
Well, look how many atheist websites I've posted from about your religion, lol. And you didn't like those posts either, lol – not even the one from your own brothers and sisters!
Since I'm kind of tired of reading about religious atheists, I thought it was about time I posted from an “apologist website”, as you call it.
But just so you don't feel left out, I think I still have some more material saved back from the atheist religion websites to post fer 'ya later, lol.
By the way, the article didn't dispute atheism on the rise. That wasn't the point of the article. It was about you losing your kiddos because they are going to convert to theism. However, it was also explained that atheism is also getting NEW converts, so in the broader sense, atheism is on the incline (even after your kiddos betray you).
Sooooooo – that's how I know you didn't bother to READ the article.
You were too busy picking yore boogers to read it, and like you always do, you couldn't wait to hit your reply button and start typing, like you always do. The result is, you showed us your ignorance AGAIN.
I love it, but I can only imagine how embarrassing it is for you, lol.
My statement about atheism being on the rise did not reference the link, so all that huffin, and puffin you did, was irrelevent. No surprise there.

I rarely read the links you post. Just as you have made the same addmission to others. It's just not worth my time. I did read that one that you didn't read and quoted from though. Talk about showing your ignorance!! I was even embarrassed for you on that one!! Talk about hitting the old post button without thinking!! LOL!!! But that you isn't it.

On the side, did you dig up your old soggy god yet? I am still waiting for some proof that he isn't just an old myth. Try under that little rock out on the lawn, maybe he's under there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Jim Ryan 94,378
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 1 hr Prince of Darkness 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,999
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 4 hr blacklagoon 3 146
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... Thu nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20