Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 154)

Showing posts 3,061 - 3,080 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse, Derek has a juvenile world view. It's based on magical thinking, and it's most fundamental axiom - "Jesus is god" - is a guess based on an accident of birth never critically examined.
It's the smallness of his world view that defines and limits his thinking. If you think about it, you might agree that education couldn't broaden him as he is.
I agree. First he would have to be liberated from his anti-education bias, and his paranoid delusions that anything that's not in the big book of fairy tales is a "sin"
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>This apparently comforts you. All that really matters in this department is that the church loses its cultural hegemony, not how many irreligious people with no interest in Jesus' opinions use the word "atheist." Frankly, the world can call itself Christian as long as it doesn't do such things as give money to your church, leave its children with your priests, vote according to Christian wedges such abortion and gay marriage, and that it refuses to oppress gays, atheists, and women, and that it refuses to demean science.

Nothing else that people do in this area really matters.

What we want is the Druidization of your church. We want you to join the Druids in their cultural irrelevance. Did you realize that they're still around? It's true.

Long ago and far away, they determined cultural norms. But today, nobody cares what Brigit or whatever god they consult thinks about abortion. Jesus is next.
2.3%

You've lost 97.7% of your beloved soulless followers.

Nothing you can do will change that.
You can never lure them back, you offer nothing for them to come back. In fact you offer nothing to anyone. Maybe That's why you've lost 97.7% of your congregation.

Behind the atheist door is nothing but lies and everyone knows it.

Well almost everyone, there are Just over 2% that can't think for themselves.

Good day.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>Are all you godbots illiterate? Or just horribly stupid?
So does Ailliterate mean the absent of illiterate? So Ailliterate is the same as
Literate?

So odd are the English rules.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru, unfortunately, I don't have the faith it takes to be an atheist, and I don't want to spend eternity in hell with you and your atheist brothers and sisters who have devoted your lives to your atheistic religion, lol.
Hell is for believers only, and since it doesn't exist, you will just have to imagine yourself there. That is unless you can prove that there are no bastards in your family tree. Then you can imagine yourself reaping the reward of being a forever toady in heaven, watching that bastard Jesus burn in hell.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2.3%
You can never lure them back, you offer nothing for them to come back. In fact you offer nothing to anyone. Maybe That's why you've lost 97.7% of your congregation.
Good day.
LOL!!
I have "lured" dozens back. It is easier to "lure" children back by the way. The brainwashing hasn't solidified yet.

If atheism is a lie, all you have to do is prove your god is real, and not a fairy tale.
Of course you can't do that. That;s why we laugh at you.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Ailliterate mean the absent of illiterate? So Ailliterate is the same as
Literate?
So odd are the English rules.
So you're making up words now? I can do that too.

"KJV is Aintelligent."

Hey, that fun!!
Let's do it again!!

"KJV is Aeducated"

Wow, that's great!!!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've told you before, you're ignorant and uninformed. You don't take the time to even know what your own brothers and sisters are doing, or anything about their religion. Here is some more information for you on The Calgary Secular church, which was founded by an atheist, for atheists:
The Calgary Secular Church
Editor's Note: Please welcome Korey Peters, who's written a guest post about an atheist organization he's founded that he's calling the Calgary Secular Church. In this post, he'll explain what motivated him to do it and what he's hoping to achieve.
My name is Korey Peters, and I'm one of the founding members of the Calgary Secular Church (CSC). In this article, I'd like to do three things: 1. Describe why I think a secular church is important. 2. Describe what the CSC is about. 3. Present my opening remarks from our inaugural meeting (which go in-depth into what we hope to accomplish). There will be some overlap, although I've tried to keep it to a minimum. I'll be happy to field questions in the comment section.
In the process of de-converting from fundamentalist Christianity, I stopped going to church. I had no intention of ever going back. However, I once rashly promised my wife that if we ever moved to the UK, I would sing in a choir with her. Well, much to my surprise, we did this in 2006. Within a week of landing my wife reminded me of my promise, so off we went to find an Anglican church with a good choir.
And find one we did. We were quickly integrated into the most lovely group of people you'd ever want to meet. The music was wonderful, the services light on insanity and heavy on social issues, the ale English (as it should be). That choir became our instant community for the 2 years we lived in England, and to this day I miss them all.
I'd never had such an enjoyable time at church! When we returned home, we began attending a local Anglican church and singing in the choir there. Here I was, a recent atheist now attending church more than I had when I was a Christian.
All of this got me thinking: Why couldn't atheists start a church, full of all the good things that church can bring, but absent the horror, ignorance, and superstition? I began to talk the idea over with some friends, but it remained an abstraction.
Several weeks ago I had a conversation with a co-worker that spurred me to finally take action. His wife was recently pregnant, and they discussed the many changes in their lives that a baby would bring. One change that was proposed was going back to church so that their child would learn right and wrong. I almost spit my coffee across the room. What a preposterous idea! Here were two college-educated, non-religious people who had just proposed taking their child into the church to learn the very thing Christian churches are least capable of teaching. The realization hit home that they have nowhere else to take their child. There were no viable alternative. No place that fostered community, that was safe to take children and young families to, that would help people live right and teach their children to live right.
They needed the atheist church I had been planning.
continued:
http://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/the-calg...
... an atheist organization he's founded that he's calling the Calgary Secular Church
They needed the atheist church I had been planning.
Brothers and sisters? Bub, you are more than half a bubble off plumb, but then what else would we expect from an educated what?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to let your praying atheist brothers and sisters know. Your input is important to your religion and theirs.
These "atheism is a religion" and "science is bad" memes were crafted to create a back door for creationism in the public schools, not for you to obsess over.

You're spinning your wheels in vain here. Why? Langoliers already agrees with you that atheism is a religion, and that science has been a wrong turn for man.

And none of the rest of us are any more likely to be swayed by your arguments than we are by those of a slurring and staggering drunk trying to sell us on the virtues of alcoholism. You realize that, do you not?

So why obsessively cut-and-paste to nobody?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru, unfortunately, I don't have the faith it takes to be an atheist, and I don't want to spend eternity in hell with you and your atheist brothers and sisters who have devoted your lives to your atheistic religion, lol.
The breakdown of the word means without theism, and while we are at it, we might as well claim it, we are also afaithists, aand religionists too.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe in a deity atheist believe in no dirty exist. But of course you know this. Again the puppet attempts to twist and skew and side track. Don't like the conversation kicking your azz so you need to pull the puppet tricks.
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
No - none - zip - zero.( get the point puppet boy?)
It would appear that few if any atheist know what the word means. And by definition looks like atheism has lost more atheist right off this thread. By what I keep hear you guys are agnostic not atheist
Maybe 2.2% now! LOL
What a bunch if Dolts. LOL
Wrong, again! But that is no surprise, now is it? Atheist know that dirty exist, we merely have to look your way, and we see it.
As to a deity, some atheist do not beleive that any exist, but other atheist never give it a thought. There is no reason for them to. The word atheist means without theism, it does not means to not beleive in some deity, althought that is an acceptable use of the word. It is not what it means.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>You are very pathetic godbot. Obviously English isn't your strong suit.

And I showed you more definitions that indicate it is not a belief, but a lack of belief. Of course you aren't smart enough to get it. No surprise there.
"Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God."

Wikipedia:

"Denial
Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The subject may use:

simple denial: deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether"

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very entertaining Dolt!
I show you many definition from many sources and you claim I'm wrong!
How absurd! You may want atheist to mean agnostic but it's just not going to happen!
The "breakdown" of the word means without theism
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>Worse, Derek has a juvenile world view. It's based on magical thinking, and it's most fundamental axiom - "Jesus is god" - is a guess based on an accident of birth never critically examined.

It's the smallness of his world view that defines and limits his thinking. If you think about it, you might agree that education couldn't broaden him as he is.
Oh yea he just the dumbest isn't he.
Oh an what about KJV

Ya they are so dumb!

And we all are so smart! Wow it sure is great to being a smart azz atheist now!

Dolts!!!!!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>Nice. It reminds me of KJV
What you forgot about me already and needed some reminding?

Brain damage!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>LOL!!
I have "lured" dozens back. It is easier to "lure" children back by the way. The brainwashing hasn't solidified yet.

If atheism is a lie, all you have to do is prove your god is real, and not a fairy tale.
Of course you can't do that. That;s why we laugh at you.
More lies.

You couldn't bring back a boomerang.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>So you're making up words now? I can do that too.

"KJV is Aintelligent."

Hey, that fun!!
Let's do it again!!

"KJV is Aeducated"

Wow, that's great!!!
No news flash here.

Snake boy debates a box of rocks!

Snake boy loses debate.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, again! But that is no surprise, now is it? Atheist know that dirty exist, we merely have to look your way, and we see it.
As to a deity, some atheist do not beleive that any exist, but other atheist never give it a thought. There is no reason for them to. The word atheist means without theism, it does not means to not beleive in some deity, althought that is an acceptable use of the word. It is not what it means.
Tell it to the dictionary!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The "breakdown" of the word means without theism
No

Here is the meaning of the word.

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
"A", as in the word "atheist", means not. And it is true that every letter "a", doesn't have the same meaning. Language is versatile like that, but that is knowledge, and knowledge is forbidden to you.

Compare it to water, not every drop will serve the same purpose. Not every "A" equates to the same thing.

But, the fact remains that the word atheist, means not theist. And if there were no atheist, theism would have never, invented the missionary or Sunday school.

I know this will be difficult for you to grasp, but the letter"A", has more than one valid mode of use.
"A" in atheist means not, as in not atheist

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2.3%
Good day.
Check with wiki, 66% of the earths population, are non believers. IOW ... We rock, dude!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,061 - 3,080 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••