Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#3164 Oct 13, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
the 2.3% figure
This apparently comforts you. All that really matters in this department is that the church loses its cultural hegemony, not how many irreligious people with no interest in Jesus' opinions use the word "atheist." Frankly, the world can call itself Christian as long as it doesn't do such things as give money to your church, leave its children with your priests, vote according to Christian wedges such abortion and gay marriage, and that it refuses to oppress gays, atheists, and women, and that it refuses to demean science.

Nothing else that people do in this area really matters.

What we want is the Druidization of your church. We want you to join the Druids in their cultural irrelevance. Did you realize that they're still around? It's true.

Long ago and far away, they determined cultural norms. But today, nobody cares what Brigit or whatever god they consult thinks about abortion. Jesus is next.
KJV

United States

#3165 Oct 13, 2012
derek4 wrote:
“Why I left atheism and people like you”

“Let me first start off by saying that I have no desire to be part of this group. I'm simply posting this to state something important.
Reading the posts that you people put here every day has reminded me of why I left atheism.
Let me put it to you simply: you're bullies. You people enjoy ridiculing, and accusing anyone of having faith or belief delusional. Let me give you ll a reality check. A true atheist does not bully, or call people who have beliefs names. A true atheist, which you people are not, shows respect to those who have faith or dogma. They can disagree, but to attack them just shows how vile you people are as human beings. As a psychology major, let me give you some words of advice: attacking believers the way you do just shows that you yourselves are uncomfortable of your beliefs. You attack people who believe because deep down, you have a little belief, but don't want to admit it. That's probably the same for the people the people that you look up to (i.e. Sam Harris).
Let me give you a few points:
-None of you have proven that God doesn't exist. You may have been successful in finding major flaws in the God of faith, but none of you, no matter how much you say it, has pr oven that God does not exist.
I don't care what you people think of me. You can call me a moron, delusional, or idiot all you want. Enjoy the rest of your lives. Hopefully, you take what I've said into consideration. P.S. Please delete my account. I have no desire knowing I'm connected to this site in anyway."
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17644

[Be sure to check all the answers he got from the little boogers; they're a hoot, and their hostility proved all of his points, lol.]
Well they're pissed that another one left!
Hell at this rate the percentage of the world population might dip below 2% this year! LOL

Dolts

Fennario

#3166 Oct 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Technically even all agnostic and deists should be counted as atheist as well.
Why do you think so? Can't theists be agnostic about their faith, and claim that they really don't know if there is a god, but that they choose to live as if it is so for whatever reason?

Deists are functionally equivalent to atheists. They don't tithe or vote according to Jesus, so they don't empower the church or have any unwanted effect on the lives of unbelievers like the Christians.

But if they have a god in their philosophy, however dilute, don't you consider them theists of some type?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3167 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheist means without theism."
Wrong!! Unreal that you don't know this.
Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
"A", as in the word "atheist", means not. And it is true that every letter "a", doesn't have the same meaning. Language is versatile like that, but that is knowledge, and knowledge is forbidden to you.

Compare it to water, not every drop will serve the same purpose. Not every "A" equates to the same thing.

But, the fact remains that the word atheist, means not theist. And if there were no atheist, theism would have never, invented the missionary or the first Sunday school.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#3168 Oct 13, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep talking to yourself, it becomes you so, Serpy. LMAO
Again we have an example of the limited mentality, and substandard reading skills of Wimp-Lo. Poor Wimp-Lo. Everyone around him is laughing, and he doesn't realize that it is at him.

Orefield, PA

#3169 Oct 13, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Serpy, I know it was explained - and you tried to discredit your own atheist brothers and sisters with your bad information - that's why I corrected you, lol.
I will correct you every time you're wrong, until I decide to stop or disregard you becuase you're not worth my time, lol.
Are you going to run away from me too!!!
LOL!!!
It seems that your M.O. is running away. This is to be expected of someone like you who caan't even face reality.

Poor Wimp-Lo.

So may I assume you are a catholic? I mean, if I use your pathetic logic, you claim to be a christian, and so do they, so they must be your brothers and sisters!! Isn't that sweet. Wimp-Lo and his catholic brethren are all the same. It's kinda touching.

Earth,TX

#3170 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is Science (R&D) type
Then there is evolution type science that makes ridicules jumps and far fetched conclusions.
Bell labs never claimed the jaw bone of a pig was the missing link!
LOL
It is all science, it is all self correcting. It is all forbidden to you, in any form. Your iPad will send you to hell, it contains the temptation of forbidden knowlege.

Earth,TX

#3171 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow!
Have you no shame?
That is so ridiculous!
Why not go for 98% while you're at it
After all a lie is a lie is a lie, makes no differences to an atheist.
2.3% of the world population is atheist maybe 1 or 2 percent off no more.
I have REAL FACTS to back it up.
1.6% of the United States Population is Atheist.
Hell there is damn near more Unicorns then there are atheist!
Why? 66%, because wiki said so. LOL!

Orefield, PA

#3172 Oct 13, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Why I left atheism and people like you
Because I am a dolt, and gutless
I deleted the crap parts.
LOL!!!!
"A true atheist" ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You were born an atheist, and were brainwashed into your religious delusions shortly afterward.

You lack the IQ, and the balls to be an atheist.

I do love the way you post about atheists being bullies, but you yourself stated that you are here to "insult and berate", which was followed by your fantasy of going out with your friends and beating atheists.

LOL!!! You lying, godbot, hypocrites are all the same.

Fennario

#3173 Oct 13, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
Clowns rule.

Here's one of my favorites: "Hey, clown! Where's my balloon bunny!!"
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...

Orefield, PA

#3174 Oct 13, 2012
derek4 wrote:
Here is an atheist preacher, doing his sermon:
[yes, he refers to his rant as a sermon. He also refers to his audience as brothers and sisters, lmao.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JCgBzYekNTAXX
Now atheists, doesn't he inspire you to go to his church?
You should fall in love with the fool, lol. He show can rant!!!
I can only imagine how high his blood pressure goes, lol.
I bet his bro's and sis's fix him some mighty fine fried chicken afta church too.
See what you are missing by not going to the atheist church? All those sermons you would like.
Oh look, Wimp-lo is a scumbag racist too!!
Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Earth,TX

#3175 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to wake up and go to school!
Been there, done that. There are no gods which limit my ongoing education. Unfortunately for you, you will forever be forced to operate with only a partial understanding, of the real world. It is truly sad.

Orefield, PA

#3176 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So abridge means missing bridge?
Bridge out?
Are all you godbots illiterate? Or just horribly stupid?

Earth,TX

#3177 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
BELIEVES!
Oh and this is not my definition this is straight out of Merriam-Webster.
An English Dictionary.
So if you use the English word atheist this is what you're saying. Too bad if you don't like it but that's the meaning of the word.
Wrong, but hey, whatever you do, never take an atheist word, for what an atheist is, and maybe then we can repay the favor, and start lumping you lot together with the Haitian voodoo and the Paganist, as all theist.

But until then, oh wait ... too late. That is who you are, and who we are not.

Orefield, PA

#3178 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very entertaining Dolt!
I show you many definition from many sources and you claim I'm wrong!
How absurd! You may want atheist to mean agnostic but it's just not going to happen!
You are very pathetic godbot. Obviously English isn't your strong suit.

And I showed you more definitions that indicate it is not a belief, but a lack of belief. Of course you aren't smart enough to get it. No surprise there.

Fennario

#3179 Oct 13, 2012
The serpent was right wrote:
It is to be expected of someone with such an obviously limited education.
Worse, Derek has a juvenile world view. It's based on magical thinking, and it's most fundamental axiom - "Jesus is god" - is a guess based on an accident of birth never critically examined.

It's the smallness of his world view that defines and limits his thinking. If you think about it, you might agree that education couldn't broaden him as he is.

Orefield, PA

#3180 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
See my previous post which lists the definition from several other authorities, including Websters which defines it as a lack of belief.

Anytime you want to prove me wrong, and come up with some proof that your god is anything more than a silly fairy tale, let me know.

Until than, it's all a silly myth, and no matter how you hem and haw around, that is one thing you can't try and change.

Bottom line.... You lose. LOL!!!!

Orefield, PA

#3181 Oct 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they're pissed that another one left!
Hell at this rate the percentage of the world population might dip below 2% this year! LOL
Dolts
Actually, atheism is on the rise.
Your little, weeny, invisible myth will soon be on the same crap pile with Thor, Zeus, Apollo, etc...

Orefield, PA

#3182 Oct 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Clowns rule.
Here's one of my favorites: "Hey, clown! Where's my balloon bunny!!"
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...
Nice. It reminds me of KJV

Orefield, PA

#3183 Oct 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse, Derek has a juvenile world view. It's based on magical thinking, and it's most fundamental axiom - "Jesus is god" - is a guess based on an accident of birth never critically examined.
It's the smallness of his world view that defines and limits his thinking. If you think about it, you might agree that education couldn't broaden him as he is.
I agree. First he would have to be liberated from his anti-education bias, and his paranoid delusions that anything that's not in the big book of fairy tales is a "sin"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 min ChristineM 1,454
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Hidingfromyou 233,063
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 48 min J RULES 23,252
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 50 min Reason Personified 10
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 hr Even Steven 2,607
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 11 hr polymath257 84
More from around the web