Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 149)

Showing posts 2,961 - 2,980 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm that just plain stupid!
So you're claiming that because science invented the iPhone that there is no God?
A PC proves Jesus was a fraud?
Keyboards prove that Noah didn't build a boat?
What planet are you from?
Wow!
So why don't you apply a similar logic to Wimp-Lo's posts and ask him if all his silly posts about scientist fraud somehow proves that god exists, etc?
Oh, that's right... You couldn't possibly think that one out, besides, the sock puppet master can't do that!!
LOL!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true! You guy just can't handle it!
Seems this little FACT is quite the burr under your saddle!!! LOL
Playing games with the number aren't you?
2.3% of the world population are Atheist
11.9% are agnostic not Atheist!
Get your religions name correct!
Wikipedia:
"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population, while a further 11.9% are nonbelievers"
2.3% are ATHEIST. Period!
97.7% are not Atheist!
Feel the burn baby!! LMFAO!!
From your post.... "According to one estimate"

Do you know what that means? That means that it is "ONE ESTIMATE"

That doesn't make it fact. That makes it one(singular), estimate(Guess).
Feel the English language baby!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
abridge\ə-ˈbrij\
transitive verb
1 a archaic : deprive
b : to reduce in scope : diminish <attempts to abridge the right of free speech>
2 : to shorten in duration or extent <modern transportation that abridges distance>
3 : to shorten by omission of words without sacrifice of sense : condense
bridge\ˈbrij\
noun
1 a : a structure carrying a pathway or roadway over a depression or obstacle
b : a time, place, or means of connection or transition
2 : something resembling a bridge in form or function: as
a : the upper bony part of the nose; also : the part of a pair of glasses that rests upon it
b : a piece raising the strings of a musical instrument — see violin illustration
c : the forward part of a ship's superstructure from which the ship is navigated
d : gantry 2b
e : the hand as a rest for a billiards or pool cue; also : a device used as a cue rest
3 a : a musical passage linking two sections of a composition
b : a partial denture anchored to adjacent teeth
c : a connection (as an atom or group of atoms) that joins two different parts of a molecule (as opposite sides of a ring)
4 : an electrical instrument or network for measuring or comparing resistances, inductances, capacitances, or impedances by comparing the ratio of two opposing voltages to a known ratio
A does not mean NOT!
Atheist = believes no God exist.
Theist = believes God does exist.
Bridge = a structure carrying a pathway or roadway over a depression or obstacle
Abridge = to reduce in scope : diminish
Play your "A" game with someone else!
LOL
Could you really be that stupid?
Obviously so.
What is so painful to see, is that you really think that you are correct.
It is so sad to see. I can only assume that you are less than 10 years old.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim every child born is atheist that's child indoctrination.
Lol
Really?

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of INDOCTRINATE
1: to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
2: to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle.

Indoctrinated by whom?

LOL!!! Idiot.

No wonder you don't post where you are from. English is your second language.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Polls and surveys are completed at the very least yearly"
Wikipedia:
"The United Nations defines the essential features of population and housing censuses as "individual enumeration, universality within a defined territory, simultaneity and defined periodicity", and recommends that population censuses be taken at least every 10 years. United Nations recommendations also cover census topics to be collected"
Dolt!!!!
Thanks for the unrelated definition.

Here, I'll repost this so maybe the second time, you might understand it..

Polls and surveys are completed at the very least yearly. There is much more current data available, but you knew that. You just liked the old data better, so in your typical dishonesty, you used that.

It's ok, we already knew you are a dishonest piece of worthless crap.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Snake boy your just wrong!
That's all. Every aspect of your life has been a lie and you know it that's why your so pissed.
You're one if the 2.3%
Mental retardation is 2,5%
You could not even fool all of them with your lies! LOL
The opinion of a lying godbot isn't very convincing.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like "Just Think" for got to (think)!
Derek is posting facts to refute your lies that's not spamming!
Derek don't you love these idiot that claim to be educated and their babbling tantrums when you bitch slap them with facts.
LOL
Obviously you aren't smart enough to know the difference between opinion and fact. No surprise there.

You should stop posting to your puppet master. You aren't fooling anyone.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Christians DON'T need you, lol. Who said we did?
Your people said that your god did. You don't really believe that he exists either, or you would NEVER post a comment like that. I know I wouldn't when I was a Christian.

You are repulsing people, not leading them to Christ.
derek4 wrote:
But your fellow atheists have organized churches to gather together and practice their false faith and religion. They are drifting along off course in their own "religion boat".
We don't need churches. We're growing without them, thanks to you people and the media.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
since you won't listen to reason that's all I have to say on that.
Where was the reason?

How wonderful that you decided to come back and visit us again, Kitten.

That's all you have to say? Okey-Dokey; your silence is always welcomed, lol.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
"Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God."
Although I deny the possibility that Jehovah-Jesus, Yahweh and Allah exist and all other gods that allegedly created the universe over days, that allegedly protect us from evil, or that allegedly answer prayer since all of that is obviously incorrect, I acknowledge the possibility of other gods.

And I am an atheist by virtue of not being a theist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't help you.
That really looks more like theist, who are pretending to be atheist. And they might be more believable as atheist, if only they knew what being an atheist is.
Criticizing your brothers and sisters in the atheist faith won't bail you out of your godless religion. Maybe your voice would be more effective if you would contact the atheist church to register your complaints, since they mean nothing to me, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>From someone who knows what an atheist is, and what the word atheist means, that really looks more like theist, who are pretending to be atheist.
And they might be more believable as atheist, if only they knew what being an atheist is.
Let's see.....you were replying about the atheist bible.

Denouncing your atheist brothers and sisters bible won't help you. Have you read the atheist bible? You should be embarrassed that you haven't taken the time to familiarize yourself with the great books of your faith. Get busy reading and stop whining, lmao.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>From an atheist who knows what atheism is, and what isn't, you are still wrong. And your link, well that really looks more like theist, who are pretending to be atheist. And they might be more believable as atheist, if only they knew what being an atheist is.
So, you're saying Michael Newdow is a theist? Hahahahahahaha. What an idiot you have shown yourself to be to the forum, lol. You don't even know the big names in atheism what a joke you truly are!!! It's amazing you learned how to sign on to your computer, lol. How embarrassing for you.

Michael Arthur Newdow (born June 24, 1953) is an American attorney and emergency medicine physician. He is best known for his efforts to have recitations of the current version of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools in the United States declared unconstitutional because of its inclusion of the phrase "under God". He also filed and lost a lawsuit to stop the invocation prayer at President Bush's second inauguration and, most recently, he filed a lawsuit to prevent references to God and religion from being part of President Obama's inauguration.

Newdow is an atheist and an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Newdow

Here's the video again fer 'ya:

First Atheist Church of True Science explains why atheism is a religion.
Bonus: church founded by atheist lawsuit king Michael Newdow
http://www.fark.com/vidplayer/6311079

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

That might work out better for you, if you took your agenda to the science forum, and btw, tablets, smart phones, ipads, pcs, and even keyboards are proof that science is getting it right.
Langoliers wrote:
Ummm that just plain stupid! So you're claiming that because science invented the iPhone that there is no God? A PC proves Jesus was a fraud? Keyboards prove that Noah didn't build a boat?
I think that you've become confused reading your buddy Derek's posting. Science simply proves that your bible is in error, meaning that no perfect god wrote it, not that there is no god.

Of course, that means that your bible is inauthentic, its god a mythological creature, and the religion based on it fraudulent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>A prayer? LOL! A plea to an invisible being or whatever may be out there, coming from an atheist, yeah right.
We see the truth, It is Discovery Institute creationist, founded and despite a massive media blitz, he just can't figure out why the only members are the D. I. shills. And again, that would come under the heading of having a clue, as what to an atheist is.
How's that list of atheist names coming?
You pore thang.

I don't waste anymore time answering jokes like you. When you contribute something credible, I'll answer until then, nada, lmao.

That probably means I'll never need to answer you again, since nothing you've ever posted has ever been credible.

Like I say, how embarrassing for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, I really don't have to repeat anything I said."
But you do all the time.
See my previous post that explains why you're wrong again.
You've lost so many times, yet your never learn, do you? It's not really,just so many times that you've lost.........you've lost EVERY time on every issue.

But, I'll give you credit for one thing - you bounce back, lol you always get off the ground and come back with more egg on your face, only to lose all over again.

I guess you just like losing, lol.

I've noticed another thing about you that's consistent: you usually stay hidden at least 24 hours after one of your major losses until you see your fellow atheist losers posting their feeble attempts to salvage themselves (and their atheistic religion) and you think then it's time for you to jump back in again, lol. That's because you're a follower, not a leader. You haven't the guts to lead anything, which makes you even the bigger loser. And when you're not the lead dog, the view is always the same(you see only atheist a*sholes in front of you, lol).

Tell you what you do: find one of the atheist churches I posted, contact them, find out when their services are, and go celebrate your religion with your brothers and sisters in atheism.

And get you a little briefcase and carry your atheist bible and fraudulent science books with you to the first service. All your brothers and sisters in the church will be so proud of you, lol.

Oh yes, and like I told you yesterday, be sure and let your kiddos know about the atheist religion (and the atheist churches) so they won't grow up as ignorant as you are. Teach them to be atheists of great faith. LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between "Secular" and "atheist"?
Not surprisingly, I bet you don't.
LOL!!! What a surprise!!!
Here is you......
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Do I see the word atheist in there? LMAO sure do.........don't you?

The Calgary Secular Church is the good parts of the Christian church, without the bad. We are a small group of a-religious or atheist people ...[Hint: Do you see the word atheist in there?]

You deny what's printed right in front of you.

Winners don't do that.

That's what LOSERS do losers like you, lol.

You're just an ongoing loser maybe you try to do better, but you're just not capable.

Maybe you're a nice person who is trying to learn. Hahaha no let's don't go that far you're just the old serpent, and you're always (willfully) wrong, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

<quoted text>
Actually, studies have shown that prayer doesn't work, and in some cases may even be harmful.
Be sure to let your praying atheist brothers and sisters know. Your input is important to your religion and theirs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Here's another atheist church.

I suppose some of you atheists would attribute it to theists? LMAO:

"Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster"

"The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, while having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, only recently came into the mainstream when this letter was published in May 2005.

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshipers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

Some claim that the church is purely a thought experiment, satire, illustrating that Intelligent Design is not science, but rather a pseudoscience manufactured by Christians to push Creationism into public schools. These people are mistaken. The Church of FSM is real, totally legit, and backed by hard science. Anything that comes across as humor or satire is purely coincidental.

Pastafarianism is a real religion.

Most of us do not believe a religion Christianity, Islam, Pastafarianiasm requires literal belief in order to provide spiritual enlightenment. That is, we can be part of a community without becoming indoctrinated. There are many levels of belief.

By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma. That is, there are no strict rules and regulations, there are no rote rituals and prayers and other nonsense. Every member has a say in what this church is and what it becomes.

To outsiders it makes us hard to define, but here are some general things that can be said about our beliefs:
We believe pirates, the original Pastafarians, were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today
We are fond of beer
Every Friday is a Religious Holiday
We do not take ourselves too seriously
We embrace contradictions (though in that we are hardly unique)

Q: Is this a joke?
A: Its not a joke. Elements of our religion are often described as satire and there are many members who do not literally believe our scripture, but this isnt unusual in religion its only more obvious in the case of our particular religion. A lot of Christians, for example, dont believe the Bible is literally true but that doesnt mean they arent True Christians."
http://www.venganza.org/about/

The Church of FSM is real, totally legit, and backed by hard science.[SCIENCE AGAIN, lol]

Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion...

Q: Is this a joke? A: Its not a joke. Elements of our religion... blah blah blah ...

[We theists would never stoop to calling the atheist church a joke. We know it's quite real to them, lmao.]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Pastafarianism

definition:

1.a new religion that worships Flying Spaghetti Monster, initially created to protest the Kansas State School Board's decision to teach "Intelligent Design" in schools.

Also known as the FSM cult

Codes of conduct:
# Prayers are ended with the word RAmen rather than Amen.
Benefits of conversion:
# Like the great noodles they worship, Flying Spaghetti Monsterists have flimsy moral standards.
# Promise of a stripper factory and a beer volcano in Heaven.

continued:

2. pastafarianism

the great and almighty atheist religion which teaches how the world was created by the flying spaghetti monster who happened to be drunk which thus explaines why bad things happen. the pastafarians follow the church of the flying spaghetti monster and when they go to heaven they will enjoy a beer volcano and a stripper factory, however in hell the beer is stale and the strippers have VD! in pastafarian terms agnostics are known as spagnostics and all prayers must end with RAmen. september 19th is the national talk like a pirate day and the religions founder Bobby Henderson has published a "Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

a new religion/[the] great and almighty atheist religion

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,961 - 2,980 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••