Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
2,921 - 2,940 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"100% of babies born to theist parents, are atheist.
100%.... we didn't lose them, we never had them, they are atheist at birth. "
What?
100% are born atheist then you had them! Duh!
Regardless of what their parents believe atheist claim that all humans are born Atheist. That means that atheist had them and then lost them.
2.3% of the world population is currently atheist. That means 97.7% are no longer atheist. YOU LOST THEM.
LOL
Atheist means without theism.

While these babes were atheist and non believers at birth, to have kept them that way, they would have had to be separated from the very parents who were going to willfully indoctrinate them.

Why is it so hard for you idiots to understand.

Do you have your own island, do you have a giraffe.

No, well then try real hard to understand .... as you have no giraffe, we have no theism, and that is all an atheist is. Someone without theism.

When the child is indoctrinated, the child now has theism, until that time the child was astheist.

66% of the world's population are now, by choice non beleivers.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm that just plain stupid!
So you're claiming that because science invented the iPhone that there is no God?
A PC proves Jesus was a fraud?
Keyboards prove that Noah didn't build a boat?
What planet are you from?
Wow!
I am saying that science works, and it is science that has brought you these inventions. It is you that tries to equate it to atheism.

I'm saying take your anti-science agenda to the science forums. It makes no sense for you to bring it here.

And, you are right, Jesus if he existed was a fraud. And Noah ddidn't build that boat. And any god that exists, only exists in mans imaginations.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
abridge\ə-ˈbrij\
transitive verb
1 a archaic : deprive
b : to reduce in scope : diminish <attempts to abridge the right of free speech>
2 : to shorten in duration or extent <modern transportation that abridges distance>
3 : to shorten by omission of words without sacrifice of sense : condense
bridge\ˈbrij\
noun
1 a : a structure carrying a pathway or roadway over a depression or obstacle
b : a time, place, or means of connection or transition
2 : something resembling a bridge in form or function: as
a : the upper bony part of the nose; also : the part of a pair of glasses that rests upon it
b : a piece raising the strings of a musical instrument — see violin illustration
c : the forward part of a ship's superstructure from which the ship is navigated
d : gantry 2b
e : the hand as a rest for a billiards or pool cue; also : a device used as a cue rest
3 a : a musical passage linking two sections of a composition
b : a partial denture anchored to adjacent teeth
c : a connection (as an atom or group of atoms) that joins two different parts of a molecule (as opposite sides of a ring)
4 : an electrical instrument or network for measuring or comparing resistances, inductances, capacitances, or impedances by comparing the ratio of two opposing voltages to a known ratio
A does not mean NOT!
Atheist = believes no God exist.
Theist = believes God does exist.
Bridge = a structure carrying a pathway or roadway over a depression or obstacle
Abridge = to reduce in scope : diminish
Play your "A" game with someone else!
LOL
The "A", in the word atheist means not! As in not theist! Willful ignorance becomes you.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"
That >>> one <<< estimate, you first laud and then try to use it as established fact. Well it don't work that way. It is not established fact. "
ONE. LMFAO
A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."
Wikipedia:
"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"
Wikipedia :
"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"
Wikipedia :
"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"
Actually it is now approximately 66% of earth's population, who are non believers.

The other 34% are split up into several thousand assorted cults, pledging fealty to a variety of gods

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this rocking your boat?
You live on these threads so long you start believing your own lies. Then someone cone along and drills holes all over your boat but you won't admit your boat is sinking. Nice to see you going down with your ship.
That's dedication!! Of course a dedicated atheist gains NOTHING.
LOL!!!
Not at all. The "A" in atheist has only one meaning. It means not, as in not theist.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim every child born is atheist that's child indoctrination.
Lol
Really? Now who exactly is it teaching them to not be theist, before they are born?

And if no one is teaching them, which god would they believe in when they were born? The regions most accepted god? The god of their parents? What if the parents each had different gods?

My, my what a foul can of worms you open, when you try to demote the unborn to theist status.

Let's take that a step further, and say that a child born in East Texas would be born a holy roller Pentecostal, and a child born in Tallahassee, Georgia would be born Southern Baptist, and the child born in Seoul South Korea would be born Buddhist, and the child born in Mosul, Iraq would be Muslim,

Ok? Now, was it where they are born or where they are conceived, that makes a difference to how they were indoctrinated before birth?

I wonder how many happily pregnant religitards worry about their baby being born a Scientologist or a Muslim?

If the Mormons ever get around to finishing baptizing the millions who have died on this planet, "as Mormons", will all the successive generations be born as Mormon too?

All the Mormons require is your name to undo, your entire lifetime spent in any religion but theirs.

Are you Ok with your Granny being a Morman?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Snake boy your just wrong!
That's all. Every aspect of your life has been a lie and you know it that's why your so pissed.
You're one if the 2.3%
Mental retardation is 2,5%
You could not even fool all of them with your lies! LOL
Why would any of us, be pissed? 66% of the earth's population are currently non believers.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be my slave!
Even if I could, I would not enslave the body, nor mind of my fellow man. I see that you have no such scruples, but then who would expect you to, when even your imaginary friend's scruples are less than yours.

Have you read the buybull? It is that book that teaches you to bend to the masters will. You are trained to be slave material, not master material, it is your gods will.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help you, lmao:
First Atheist Church of True Science explains why atheism is a religion.
Video in attached link is excerpt from an atheist sermon:
http://yourhappyplace.yuku.com/topic/54211/At...
[It's mostly all double talk- he's confused, as are most atheists - but the bottom line:atheism is a religion- he says it several times in his rambling rant, lol. So, there you have it from the very mouth of an atheist.]
There is no atheist king, pope, or leader,etc... so the rambling of someone doesn't create a new meaning. If it is a church, does it enjoy tax free status? No? Well than, I guess you and he are both wrong about it being a religion.

Sorry, you lose again (What's new) LOL

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
Atheism is a religion.
Atheists even have their own bible:
From CNN:
Leading atheist publishes secular Bible
The question arose early in British academic A.C. Graylings career: What if those ancient compilers whod made Bibles, the collected religious texts that were translated, edited, arranged and published en masse, had focused instead on assembling the non-religious teachings of civilizations greatest thinkers?
What if the book that billions have turned to for ethical guidance wasnt tied to commandments from God or any one particular tradition but instead included the writings of Aristotle, the reflections of Confucius, the poetry of Baudelaire? What would that book look like, and what would it mean?
Decades after he started asking such questions, what Grayling calls a lifetimes work has hit bookshelves.The Good Book: A Humanist Bible, subtitled A Secular Bible in the United Kingdom, was published this month. Grayling crafted it by using more than a thousand texts representing several hundred authors, collections and traditions.
The Bible would have been a very different book and may have produced a very different history for mankind, had it drawn on the work of philosophers and writers as opposed to prophets and apostles, says Grayling, a philosopher and professor at Birkbeck College, University of London, who is an atheist.
continued:
Determined to make his material accessible, Grayling arranged his nearly 600-page "Good Book" much like the Bible, with double columns, chapters (the first is even called Genesis) and short verses. And much like the best-selling King James Bible, which is celebrating its 400th year, his book is written in a type of English that transcends time.
Like the Bible, "The Good Book," opens with a garden scene. But instead of Adam and Eve, Grayling's Genesis invokes Isaac Newton, the British scientist who pioneered the study of gravity.
While many intellectual traditions religious and otherwise teach that theres one right way to live, Grayling says he hopes The Good Book will encourage people to go beyond your teachers, your text to understand that we have to respect and relate to one another.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/11/lead...
[His bible is the TRUE pink unicorn book of religious atheism; as false as all atheists are filled with nothing but myths, lies, and dishonesty. It tells us all we need to know of the sham of atheism.]
The Good Book: A Humanist Bible, subtitled A Secular Bible

Did I miss the word atheist in there?
Oh, I guess not.
You lose again. LOL!!
Keep swinging spanky, LOL!! You're a walking, talking clown act. You keep me ROTFLMAO!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I really don't have to repeat anything I said.
Here's something new fer 'ya, lol:
First Atheist Church of True Science explains why atheism is a religion.
Bonus: church founded by atheist lawsuit king Michael Newdow
http://www.fark.com/comments/6311079/First-At...
"Oh, I really don't have to repeat anything I said."

But you do all the time.

See my previous post that explains why you're wrong again.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
The Calgary Secular Church
What is The Calgary Secular Church?
The Calgary Secular Church is the good parts of the Christian church, without the bad. We are a small group of a-religious or atheist people who want the community and celebration we used to have in our Christian (or Mormon) churches, but reject the superstition and faith espoused by our former haunts.
We have no dogma, but we do have an ethical and moral framework (based largely on Adam's writings) that is robust but open to challenge. This is a subtle but powerful advantage over non-churched atheists. While free thought is recommended, some people have no interest in completely re-analyzing their moral framework every time they leave the house. That's fine. The CSC provides a place where people who want to be ethical can benefit from the work of others in this area, where every little thing doesn't become an ordeal of self-analysis. Let us stand on the shoulders of giants.
How We Operate
The CSC meets the first Sunday of every month. As we grow this may change. We are rather informal (our first meeting was in an Italian bakery), but not unstructured. Meetings will have an orderly and predictable progression.
What We Aspire To
The following remarks are taken from a speech I gave at our inaugural meeting. They reflect my own intentions for the church, and are subject to change or modification by the other participants as we get going. However, I hope they will play a large role in the CSC's future.
Today we are going to save the world.
http://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/the-calg...
Do you know the difference between "Secular" and "atheist"?

Not surprisingly, I bet you don't.

LOL!!! What a surprise!!!

Here is you......

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of egg on your face right about now, lol.
See my previous posts.
Guess what?
You lose again. LOL!!!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Just Think wrote:
Looks like Derek is spamming away again...
It is to be expected of someone with such an obviously limited education.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism, as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works, is the denial of the existence of God.[2][3][4]"
Wikipedia:
"Denial
Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.[1] The subject may use:
simple denial: deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether"
Oh look, another dishonest godbot!!

Of course you only post bits and pieces in order to fit your desired result.
LOL!!
You assume eveyone is as simple minded as you. Thankfully, they aren't.

But hey, anytime yo want to post some "overwhelming evidence" that your sily god fairy tale is true, let me know. LOL!!! I won't hold my breath waiting!!! lmao.

That's why you and your puppet master dopey-derek are so pissed. You have no evidence for your silly god myth, and don't like when atheist laugh in your face for not outgrowing such a childish belief.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Not to mention violence for leaving the religion.
<quoted text>
Or they attempt to kill those who do not fall in line. A recent example is that poor little girl who was shot by the taliban. People like dopey-derek, and lagging-behind would gleefully do the same thing to anyone who does not agree with their cult-beliefs if they thought they could get away with it. They have previously posted their violent fantasies about harming atheists. I see no difference between them and the taliban.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

derek4 wrote:
The atheist religion includes prayer.
Here is an atheist prayer:
ATHEIST PRAYER
Our Powers are within,
Whatever be their name.
What they have done, what still may come,
This Earth can yet be as Heaven.
Live then this day, and without dread,
And forgive your own trespasses
As you forgive those who trespass against you.
And be not led into temptation,
But flee away from evil,
For Time is the Healer,
With power to restore me,
Forever and ever, Amen.
http://packham.n4m.org/atheist2.htm
Also found within the text at the above link:
Can an atheist pray? Why not? I don't believe in God - at least not the God as described by the majority of theists - but I DO believe that there is plenty of evidence that we human beings can summon up powers to help us in difficult times. I don't venture to guess whether these powers are within us or outside us, but I don't think it matters what their source is, they are there. And we can benefit from them.
Those who believe in God summon up these powers by calling upon God in prayer. Those who do not believe in God use other methods - meditation, visualization, altered states of consciousness, whatever. They work for the believer, and because they sometimes work, the believer's faith is strengthened, because the prayers are answered. They work just as well for the non-believer.
I guess what I am saying is that one doesn't have to give up one's access to these powers just because one has given up belief in God. They are still there. I use them, all the time. Whereas I used to address a prayer: "Dear God, please..." I now simply place myself in a meditative state, relax, and put my feelings into words (sometimes only mentally) addressed to whoever or whatever may be listening. Even if it is only some part of my inner self, something happens to bring me peace, self-assurance, confidence. My fears are calmed, my sorrows are soothed, and I am reminded of my unassailable right to my tiny place in the universe, and that somehow everything will turn out all right in the end, or, if it doesn't, it won't really matter.
[LMAO a prayer addressed to whoever or whatever may be listening."]
Actually, studies have shown that prayer doesn't work, and in some cases may even be harmful.

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"100% of babies born to theist parents, are atheist.
100%.... we didn't lose them, we never had them, they are atheist at birth. "
What?
100% are born atheist then you had them! Duh!
Regardless of what their parents believe atheist claim that all humans are born Atheist. That means that atheist had them and then lost them.
2.3% of the world population is currently atheist. That means 97.7% are no longer atheist. YOU LOST THEM.
LOL
""100% of babies born to theist parents, are atheist."

And than they are indoctrinated and brainwashed by their theist parents as required by whichever cult the parents belong to. SO yes, in a sense they "lose" their atheism. Not by choice, but by subversive means.

That's something to be proud of!!

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're claiming that because science invented the iPhone that there is no God?
Wow!
Can you really be that stupid?
Where did you learn to read..... Walmart?

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
So why don't you apply a similar logic to Wimp-Lo's posts and ask him if all his silly posts about scientist fraud somehow proves that god exists, etc?
Oh, that's right... You couldn't possibly think that one out, besides, the sock puppet master can't do that!!
LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••